PDA

View Full Version : Yams Who paid their poppy debt

Barney McGrew
24-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I'm loving the fact they're being all high and mighty about someone having settled the poppy debt when it came to light, while simultaneously forgetting that (a) they owed it for months in the first place and (b) they shafted their own charity for £34k that they're still conveniently sweeping under the carpet.

Charity thieves :agree:

iainm1875
24-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Got mine today, paid for it up front to avoid any misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

wearethehibs
24-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Good for you

lyonhibs
24-10-2013, 07:57 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

:yawn:

Could we perhaps leave the poppies out of the Yam bashing? Heaven knows we've got enough other things to laugh at them for at the moment without indulging in this somewhat tasteless one upmanship about what is - after all - a way of showing respect to the war dead of all conflicts since WWI.

Pretty Boy
24-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I just took one from Tesco earlier and promised i'd donate a pound at some point.

What i'll do though is offer 1p in about 6 months and deal with losing 15 points of my Clubcard and having to buy own brand beans rather than Heinz for a year.

Seems a fair punishment to me.

Off the bar
24-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Could we perhaps leave the poppies out of the Yam bashing? Heaven knows we've got enough other things to laugh at them for at the moment without indulging in this somewhat tasteless one upmanship about what is - after all - a way of showing respect to the war dead of all conflicts since WWI.

100% this. :agree:

Golden Bear
24-10-2013, 08:15 AM

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm loving the fact they're being all high and mighty about someone having settled the poppy debt when it came to light, while simultaneously forgetting that (a) they owed it for months in the first place and (b) they shafted their own charity for £34k that they're still conveniently sweeping under the carpet.

Charity thieves :agree:

I heard it was Sir Tom that paid the poppy charity for them. Out of his own pocket.

degenerated
24-10-2013, 12:22 PM
I heard it was Sir Tom that paid the poppy charity for them. Out of his own pocket.

If I was STF I would have absolutely have made a point of doing that :agree:

Mibbes Aye
24-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Heard that too, different source than yours but just as credible I reckon :wink:

From what I heard he was happy to do it on the quiet. It's STF's style I suppose.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Heard that too, different source than yours but just as credible I reckon :wink:

From what I heard he was happy to do it on the quiet. It's STF's style I suppose.

I don't think many people were told about this - as you say he wanted it kept quiet but surely this is news that should be out there?

He deserves the credit - they certainly don't.

Well done STF.

jakeshibs
27-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I have been away for the weekend and saw a post saying Sir Tom Farmer had paid their Poppy Fund, was this just a Hoax as I have had a great time winding them up, cant find any reference to this but hope to god its true, any help? Now lets all get to ER for Wednesday, we will bounce back after Saturday Mon the Hibs:flag:

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Think we could get a big flag of a poppy made up that says "paid for in full" in time for the derby? :greengrin

jacomo
27-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Well, it wasn't Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Mr White
27-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Think we could get a big flag of a poppy made up that says "paid for in full" in time for the derby? :greengrin

Remembrance point scoring: crass, distasteful and definitely not hibs class. We should leave that nonsense to them imo.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Irrelevant distraction and little to be gained from knowing the answer. There's a game to be won stuff outside of that can wait IMO. [grumpy mode tonight sorry]

jakeshibs
27-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Irrelevant distraction and little to be gained from knowing the answer. There's a game to be won stuff outside of that can wait IMO. [grumpy mode tonight sorry]

I agree but when arguing with them they have no shame in their actions and this would be a belter if STF paid their debt, was only trying to see if any truth in this so I could shut them up..... but agree its irrelevant, only point scoring but I have been on the wrong end of it for years:flag:

Mr White
27-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree but when arguing with them they have no shame in their actions and this would be a belter if STF paid their debt, was only trying to see if any truth in this so I could shut them up..... but agree its irrelevant, only point scoring but I have been on the wrong end of it for years:flag:
If they have no shame then the only consequence of trying to shame them is going to be lowering ourselves to their level.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Remembrance point scoring: crass, distasteful and definitely not hibs class. We should leave that nonsense to them imo.

It's just a harmless joke. They deserve a bit of stick for it considering their supposed special relationship with the poppy appeal.

Mr White
27-10-2013, 10:01 PM
It's just a harmless joke. They deserve a bit of stick for it considering their supposed special relationship with the poppy appeal.

Really? Harmless? So people who see the poppy as a symbol of the memory of lost relatives will be laughing along I suppose?Crass as ****. Leave them to it without dragging hibs down to their level.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Really? Harmless? So people who see the poppy as a symbol of the memory of lost relatives will be laughing along I suppose?Crass as ****. Leave them to it without dragging hibs down to their level.

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

It's not exactly laughing in the faces of people with lost relatives. You'd have to be somebody looking to be offended in order to be offended by something like this.

Unfortunatly, theres people out there who will look to take offense at absolutely anything, just to cause a fuss over nothing.

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I have been away for the weekend and saw a post saying Sir Tom Farmer had paid their Poppy Fund, was this just a Hoax as I have had a great time winding them up, cant find any reference to this but hope to god its true, any help? Now lets all get to ER for Wednesday, we will bounce back after Saturday Mon the Hibs:flag:

I'm led to believe it was Sir Tom.

jakeshibs
27-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm led to believe it was Sir Tom.
thank you that is what I heard, only trying to find out if any truth:flag:

Mr White
27-10-2013, 10:15 PM
You'd have to be somebody looking to be offended in order to be offended by something like this.
:doh:
Even by your staggeringly idiotic standards, that's a belter.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Even by your staggeringly idiotic standards, that's a belter.

There's a difference between being genuinely offended by something and looking to be offended by something that clearly has no intentions of being offensive.

Clearly you don't understand the difference. So we'll just leave it at that.

Mr White
27-10-2013, 11:09 PM
There's a difference between being genuinely offended by something and looking to be offended by something that clearly has no intentions of being offensive.

Clearly you don't understand the difference. So we'll just leave it at that.

once again:
There are some things that shouldn't be brought into football rivalry imo. Just because you don't wish to offend doesn't mean you won't do so when you start bringing such a sensitive issue into things; I'd say that's ignorance on your part. FWIW I'm not offended by the thought of poppy related banners being brought to the derby but I'm aware that others will be and the thought of what the media could and would make of that when broadcast on national tv leaves me quite depressed tbh.

Killiehibbie
28-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Did Hearts fans have a whip round to pay the rest of the charities they bumped?

Nelly070
28-10-2013, 09:46 AM
once again:
There are some things that shouldn't be brought into football rivalry imo. Just because you don't wish to offend doesn't mean you won't do so when you start bringing such a sensitive issue into things; I'd say that's ignorance on your part. FWIW I'm not offended by the thought of poppy related banners being brought to the derby but I'm aware that others will be and the thought of what the media could and would make of that when broadcast on national tv leaves me quite depressed tbh.

I believe there has already been a 20ft banner produced for Wednesday night as I know the guy who had been asked to screen print it.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I believe there has already been a 20ft banner produced for Wednesday night as I know the guy who had been asked to screen print it.

good, that should suffice (imo), personally not looking forward to listening to songs re: poppies

Pedantic_Hibee
28-10-2013, 10:16 AM
There's a difference between respecting the sacrifices made by many and criticising the Jambos for their poppy-pinching.

The only people I'm offending with my opinions on the subject are the Jambos. If anyone else wants to show mock outrage at it then bash on, I'll struggle to give a toss.

They DELIBERATELY decided not to pay for their poppies whilst also shafting McCraes Batallion Trust. That's deplorable and it deserves mentioning every single time possible. More so when they flumps rejoice about being debt-free and glorify the shafting of others.

lord bunberry
28-10-2013, 10:21 AM
There's a difference between respecting the sacrifices made by many and criticising the Jambos for their poppy-pinching.

The only people I'm offending with my opinions on the subject are the Jambos. If anyone else wants to show mock outrage at it then bash on, I'll struggle to give a toss.

They DELIBERATELY decided not to pay for their poppies whilst also shafting McCraes Batallion Trust. That's deplorable and it deserves mentioning every single time possible. More so when they flumps rejoice about being debt-free and glorify the shafting of others.

The famous know no shame. Instead of paying of charity debts they paid the barman and his wife to come over for a love in up in polwarth. They are a truly despicable bunch and should be reminded of it at every opportunity.

lapsedhibee
28-10-2013, 10:40 AM
once again:

The MSM in Scotland is a laughing stock just about on a par with The Famous. Could not give a monkey's (no racism intended, profoundly sorry for any offence taken) what they think or broadcast. Since the The Rangers financial debacle first became public they have published ream after ream of utter p*sh. They'll carry on in that vein whether you get depressed or not, so best not to bother imo.

Keith_M
28-10-2013, 10:45 AM
References to Hearts and their disgraceful record in regard to charities is not an insult to the Men and Women who gave their lives in war. It is highlighting the hypocrisy of a club that cynically trade on that memory at every occasion yet stole from the very charities set up to provide for victims of war.

If anyone should be criticised, it is Hearts and the section of their support who still cynically abuse the memory of "The McCraes Battalion" at every opportunity without a hint of irony.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-10-2013, 10:48 AM
References to Hearts and their disgraceful record in regard to charities is not an insult to the Men and Women who gave their lives in war. It is highlighting the hypocrisy of a club that cynically trade on that memory at every occasion yet stole from the very charities set up to provide for victims of war.

If anyone should be criticised, it is Hearts and the section of their support who still cynically abuse the memory of "The McCraes Battalion" at every opportunity without a hint of irony.

Absolutely bang on. And lest we forget, whilst it's not about point-scoring, if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be putting in overtime on us.

Mr White
28-10-2013, 10:50 AM

of course it's deplorable what they've done, though I would say the 34k they stole from their own charity is worse and I would feel a lot less uneasy about that being the main focus on Wednesday than the poppy situation. The media will love a story about hibs fans effectively celebrating the fact hearts failed to pay lady haig and mcraes. It's the same as the songs about rix, Thompson and mercer for me- it makes us look bad imo. But similar to this issue it's been proven many times to to be pointless trying to debate that here so I'm out.

References to Hearts and their disgraceful record in regard to charities is not an insult to the Men and Women who gave their lives in war.
that very much depends upon the context.

lord bunberry
28-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Did Hearts fans have a whip round to pay the rest of the charities they bumped?

No my friend they did not, they don't care for that sort of thing. They are a different breed from us, you only have to look at the owners of both clubs,
Sir Tom Farmer, a respected business man, a community leader, a knight of the realm, a real prince amongst men who stepped in during their hour of need and paid for their poppies.
Vladimir Romanov, a crooked Russian submariner who ripped off thousands of people in an impoverished baltic state, a man who from his chechnyian bolthole continues to make lunatic rants in a green shellsuit about having done nothing wrong.
I'm glad my father brought me up to be a hibee, proud of it in fact.

Killiehibbie
28-10-2013, 11:31 AM
No my friend they did not, they don't care for that sort of thing. They are a different breed from us, you only have to look at the owners of both clubs,
Sir Tom Farmer, a respected business man, a community leader, a knight of the realm, a real prince amongst men who stepped in during their hour of need and paid for their poppies.
Vladimir Romanov, a crooked Russian submariner who ripped off thousands of people in an impoverished baltic state, a man who from his chechnyian bolthole continues to make lunatic rants in a green shellsuit about having done nothing wrong.
I'm glad my father brought me up to be a hibee, proud of it in fact.
I didn't think so but read on another forum that hearts fans paid ALL money due to all charities. That's the lies that are being put out there.

flash
28-10-2013, 11:34 AM

That's a poor show. Only 20 feet??

lord bunberry
28-10-2013, 11:51 AM
I didn't think so but read on another forum that hearts fans paid ALL money due to all charities. That's the lies that are being put out there.

That's what they would like people to think, but hibs.net always gets the real story out there.

BH Hibs
28-10-2013, 12:29 PM
of course it's deplorable what they've done, though I would say the 34k they stole from their own charity is worse and I would feel a lot less uneasy about that being the main focus on Wednesday than the poppy situation. The media will love a story about hibs fans effectively celebrating the fact hearts failed to pay lady haig and mcraes. It's the same as the songs about rix, Thompson and mercer for me- it makes us look bad imo. But similar to this issue it's been proven many times to to be pointless trying to debate that here so I'm out.

Wondered when the song debate would start.:devil:

paul_hfc3
28-10-2013, 12:38 PM
My pal (Jambo) claims that it was save our hearts foundation , not the poppy charity that they cheated money from. I think this is pish but I've not really kept up with it, more word of mouth of this for me. So could anyone shine light on this pub argument

Weststandwanab
28-10-2013, 12:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Me 2

I believe there has already been a 20ft banner produced for Wednesday night as I know the guy who had been asked to screen print it. Great what does it say ? I contributed !

That's a poor show. Only 20 feet?? But 100 Feet wide !

That's what they would like people to think, but hibs.net always gets the real story out there. Precisely and they would not be allowed to do that as it would favour one creditor over another !

Barney McGrew
28-10-2013, 12:52 PM
My pal (Jambo) claims that it was save our hearts foundation , not the poppy charity that they cheated money from. I think this is pish but I've not really kept up with it, more word of mouth of this for me. So could anyone shine light on this pub argument

He's partially right. The keepers of the moral high ground that are otherwise known as Heart of Midlothian FC stiffed them both.

CropleyWasGod
28-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Precisely and they would not be allowed to do that as it would favour one creditor over another !

If the fans paid the bill, that wouldn't be a problem.

lord bunberry
28-10-2013, 12:58 PM
If the fans paid the bill, that wouldn't be a problem.

Or Sir Tom.

Mikey
28-10-2013, 01:06 PM
He's partially right. The keepers of the moral high ground that are otherwise known as Heart of Midlothian FC stiffed them both.

Indeed. Never listen to a Jambo, they will be telling you lies.

Just as a reminder, here's the list of shame........

Barney McGrew
28-10-2013, 02:18 PM

It should also be pointed out that they bumped Lady Haig's Poppy Factory and The Macraes Battalion Trust, as well as Big Hearts Community Trust.

They are, quite simply, charity thieves.

paul_hfc3
28-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Cheers, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2013, 08:20 PM

It should also be pointed out that they bumped Lady Haig's Poppy Factory and The Macraes Battalion Trust, as well as Big Hearts Community Trust.

They are, quite simply, charity thieves.

Has anyone squared Macraes up yet?

Jonnyboy
28-10-2013, 08:52 PM

That made me chuckle a bit. I imagined your pal being outraged at the accusation of cheating the poppy charity, while offering up a more 'acceptable' scenario as to who might have been cheated

28-10-2013, 08:57 PM

:top marks

basehibby
29-10-2013, 12:20 AM

If I'm not mistaken they folded owing a total in excess of £15,000 to at least 3 charitable organisations including The Lady Haig Foundation, The McCraes Batalion organisation and their own Charitable trust.

The Green Goblin
29-10-2013, 12:29 AM
If I'm not mistaken they folded owing a total in excess of £15,000 to at least 3 charitable organisations including The Lady Haig Foundation, The McCraes Batalion organisation and their own Charitable trust.

Thus taking the idea about "owing the debt to ourselves" a bit too far.

Mentalists the lot of them

Dunderhall
29-10-2013, 12:51 AM
In excess of £34K, the majority to their own charity.
However that fact is conveniently or ignorantly brushed aside.

1two
29-10-2013, 06:48 AM
They owe nothing to anyone, they made the ultimate sacrifice for us all

LeithBoozy
29-10-2013, 07:32 AM

Wallet Mercer is deed and were no. :wink:

Killiehibbie
29-10-2013, 07:48 AM
In excess of £34K, the majority to their own charity.
However that fact is conveniently or ignorantly brushed aside.
But the misinformation that has been believed by other fans is that the hearts fans have paid every penny that their club stole from these charities.

EskbankHibby
29-10-2013, 08:28 AM
But the misinformation that has been believed by other fans is that the hearts fans have paid every penny that their club stole from these charities.

Even if they had (which they have not) why stop at the charities they have bumped?

What about the NHS? What about the Scottish Ambulance Service? What about the council? what about the small businesses?

It's a very odd set of standards (basically a cringe-o-meter) that some of them are applying and it's based on protecting their club from much deserved scrutiny.

Everyone knows that shafting Lady Haig is absolutely abysmal patter, thankfully it was a relatively small amount which was paid and swiftly swept under the carpet. Why there was a debt to Lady Haig in the first place at a time when Hearts are paying thousands on a weekly basis to footballers is the real question that should be scrutinised. Speaks volumes about their club.

Where are all the noble Hearts fans to help the small businesses that were shafted or the public purse? It's a weird sort of moral compass that guides you to a place where shafting certain organisations for money and not others is ok based solely on the cringe factor on the creditors list.

How about a collective attempt by the pink hordes to settle any relatively small amount (say up to £300) on the creditors list?

CyberSauzee
29-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Well said EH. Never let them forget their hypocrisy. Holding money from anyone, let alone a poppy charity, is deplorable.

brog
29-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Even if they had (which they have not) why stop at the charities they have bumped?

What about the NHS? What about the Scottish Ambulance Service? What about the council? what about the small businesses?

It's a very odd set of standards (basically a cringe-o-meter) that some of them are applying and it's based on protecting their club from much deserved scrutiny.

Everyone knows that shafting Lady Haig is absolutely abysmal patter, thankfully it was a relatively small amount which was paid and swiftly swept under the carpet. Why there was a debt to Lady Haig in the first place at a time when Hearts are paying thousands on a weekly basis to footballers is the real question that should be scrutinised. Speaks volumes about their club.

Where are all the noble Hearts fans to help the small businesses that were shafted or the public purse? It's a weird sort of moral compass that guides you to a place where shafting certain organisations for money and not others is ok based solely on the cringe factor on the creditors list.

How about a collective attempt by the pink hordes to settle any relatively small amount (say up to £300) on the creditors list?

I posted a few days ago that Ian Murray should be asked, in event of F of H taking over at PBS will he commit to pay the £34,045 purloined from Big Hearts. Perhaps those with Twitter or any other social media could ask him this question. Actually, as F of H have in excess of 7,000 eejits paying in money it would only need a fiver from each of them to do the honourable thing!
Honour/Yams, strange bedfellows indeed!

mjhibby
29-10-2015, 11:06 AM

Indeed. They have no shame and are already making more huge losses. Not remotely funny for all the many businesses shafted by them. Felt the same when Motherwell and Dundee left debts of over £20 mill unpaid. Still get annoyed that companies run up huge debts,go into admin then pay a pittance of the debt then start the cycle again. Hertz are by far the worst offenders but they are not the only ones.

CropleyWasGod
29-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Indeed. They have no shame and are already making more huge losses. Not remotely funny for all the many businesses shafted by them. Felt the same when Motherwell and Dundee left debts of over £20 mill unpaid. Still get annoyed that companies run up huge debts,go into admin then pay a pittance of the debt then start the cycle again. Hertz are by far the worst offenders but they are not the only ones.

They're not really. They made a loss in the first year of the new company, but it wasn't huge. Indeed, given the £120k pa from their fans, they're in a pretty strong place, financially.

Whether that continues, of course, remains to be seen.:greengrin

hibs0666
29-10-2015, 11:15 AM
They're not really. They made a loss in the first year of the new company, but it wasn't huge. Indeed, given the £120k pa from their fans, they're in a pretty strong place, financially.

Whether that continues, of course, remains to be seen.:greengrin

I disagree - cashflow is ok for the time being but the stadium upgrade is completely necessary and totally unfunded, and is the elephant in the room.

CropleyWasGod
29-10-2015, 11:17 AM
I disagree - cashflow is ok for the time being but the stadium upgrade is completely necessary and totally unfunded, and is the elephant in the room.

They're not making huge losses, though, which was the point I was making.

Smartie
29-10-2015, 11:29 AM
The only way I'll let them forget it is if they show a bit of remorse and release an away or third kit with the names of every business they screwed on it.

Until that happens they get it tight and I'll continue to be nauseated by every scandalous act of self-righteous rewriting of history that that morally repugnant shower of turds attempt.

Lest we forget.

Brightside
29-10-2015, 11:31 AM
They are going on about "THEIR" great new training facilities!?!?!? Its an SFA Performance Centre and they rent pitch space! Puddle Drinking ******s.

greenginger
29-10-2015, 11:59 AM

I dug out a bit of information on the PBS future, might mean nothing of course.

I wondered who now owned the old Yam office premises behind the main stand. Vlad bought them for £ 600,000 from the Mercer family and stuck the title in a Lith. company Businessline UAB.( they are on the Yam list of shame for about £ 205,000 ) Businessline went bust too and the property has been sold by their admins for £ 300,000. Yams lease the offices for £ 25,000/year same as before.

The purchaser is a company called M & P (P) Ltd, who are part of the Chris Stewart Group. They are talented developers, just completed Advocates Close and working at Baxters Place. They also bought Vlad's bank premises at 42 St Andrew Square.

I wonder why Budge didn't buy them if a new stand was on the future proposals ,or is Chris Stewart looking to get involved in a Tynie redevelopment as a football stadium or a new use altogether.

Of course the Yam offices might have come as a job-lot with the St Andrew Sq. property and they had to take them.

Peevemor
29-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I dug out a bit of information on the PBS future, might mean nothing of course.

I wondered who now owned the old Yam office premises behind the main stand. Vlad bought them for £ 600,000 from the Mercer family and stuck the title in a Lith. company Businessline UAB.( they are on the Yam list of shame for about £ 205,000 ) Businessline went bust too and the property has been sold by their admins for £ 300,000. Yams lease the offices for £ 25,000/year same as before.

The purchaser is a company called M & P (P) Ltd, who are part of the Chris Stewart Group. They are talented developers, just completed Advocates Close and working at Baxters Place. They also bought Vlad's bank premises at 42 St Andrew Square.

I wonder why Budge didn't buy them if a new stand was on the future proposals ,or is Chris Stewart looking to get involved in a Tynie redevelopment as a football stadium or a new use altogether.

Of course the Yam offices might have come as a job-lot with the St Andrew Sq. property and they had to take them.

Maybe she didn't fancy shelling out another £200k?

lyonhibs
29-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Odd thread to dig up from 2 years ago no?

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm actually pretty delighted that they shafted the poppy fund. It's a small price worth paying to get them to shut the *uck up with their usual demented slaverings about poppy's, McCrae's battalion, winning world wars etc - all that drivel they used to spout at this time of the year.

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm actually pretty delighted that they shafted the poppy fund. It's a small price worth paying to get them to shut the *uck up with their usual demented slaverings about poppy's, McCrae's battalion, winning world wars etc - all that drivel they used to spout at this time of the year.

Bob, it's had no effect on the ones I know. I had the misfortune of seeing a few yesterday and many had popp and war related badges on their scarves. I suspect as a crass means of claiming some sort of superiority rather than being quietly respectful as most of us are at this time of year. This is a club that by fleecing the taxpayer did nothing to help our poorly equipped forces in very hostile environments.

greenginger
29-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Maybe she didn't fancy shelling out another £200k?

If she was serious about redeveloping the old stand she wouldn't let another property developer get a hold of a chunk of the necessary footplate for £ 300,000.

Well, not if she had any sense she wouldn't.

Spike Mandela
30-10-2015, 12:31 PM
'Poppy thieves'...........really gets under their skin.:cb

Wear your poppy with pride.:flag:

Bostonhibby
30-10-2015, 02:32 PM
'Poppy thieves'...........really gets under their skin.:cb

Wear your poppy with pride.:flag:
Very simple,effective and accurate per their very own creditors list.

Lest they forget.

heretoday
30-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Hear Hear. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Hear Hear. :agree:

It's not us that are disrespecting the veterans.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2015, 05:46 PM
It's not us that are disrespecting the veterans.
Agree, it's perfectly possible to honour all those who fought and at the same time highlight the hypocrisy of those who kept and used their charities money. Particularly when they adopt a holier than thou attitude to the occasion.

In fact I think they'd prefer right thinking people to pretend they robbed no one. They are trying to relaunch a more honourable image after all.

green day
30-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Wonder if Hibs are turning up at Haymarket this year?

IIRC last year some roaster of a minister brought in by Hearts disrespected the entire occasion by talking about "that" Scottish Cup win.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2015, 06:29 PM

IIRC last year some roaster of a minister brought in by Hearts disrespected the entire occasion by talking about "that" Scottish Cup win.

there's something entirely tacky and tactless about that club, always has been

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 06:42 PM

Really? That's pretty poor taste regarding the occasion. It's not about football rivalry it's about respect in the fallen soldiers. But then again what do that lot know about respect!

Baader
30-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Charity thieving lowlifes. How they are still able to get away with that main stand is another travesty. Friends in the council playing their part Im sure. You can absolutely guarantee the same 'leniency' wouldn't have been granted to us by City of Edinburgh Council. There's absolutely no doubt about that..

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Really? That's pretty poor taste regarding the occasion. It's not about football rivalry it's about respect in the fallen soldiers. But then again what do that lot know about respect!

They are shameless from top to bottom and so utterly infatuated with us that they can't even let an occasion such as that pass without mentioning us. Crass. Sad sacks Levein couldn't even celebrate his birthday the other day without talking about us on Twitter. Sad sad folk

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Charity thieving lowlifes. How they are still able to get away with that main stand is another travesty. Friends in the council playing their part Im sure. You can absolutely guarantee the same 'leniency' wouldn't have been granted to us by City of Edinburgh Council. There's absolutely no doubt about that..

I actually disagree. If both grounds had been in the state that piggery is in now there is no way theirs would be allowed to stand and ours not. Purely hypothetical question obviously as ours never was a piggery.

jdships
30-10-2015, 10:57 PM

Thankyou :aok:

Kato
31-10-2015, 12:32 PM
I actually disagree. If both grounds had been in the state that piggery is in now there is no way theirs would be allowed to stand and ours not. Purely hypothetical question obviously as ours never was a piggery.

It already happened.

Both clubs were told that their main stands wouldn't be given safety certificates. Hibs complied and built the West Stand.

Hearts just carried on and the certificate has been granted year on year.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 12:37 PM
It already happened.

Both clubs were told that their main stands wouldn't be given safety certificates. Hibs complied and built the West Stand.

I remember looking down at the wooden struts under the old west in the late 90s and wondering how it didn't all collapse,or even catch fire, with half the stadium chucking hot fag ends onto piles of rubbish under the stand.

Carheenlea
31-10-2015, 12:59 PM

We were made a fool of last season at an event that was supposed to be about remembering the sacrifices of MacRaes Battalion and the fallen as a whole. It`s time we stopped attending this in an official capacity, and pay our respects as a club in a quieter and more dignified way outwith the official ceremony.

Smartie
31-10-2015, 01:44 PM
We were made a fool of last season at an event that was supposed to be about remembering the sacrifices of MacRaes Battalion and the fallen as a whole. It`s time we stopped attending this in an official capacity, and pay our respects as a club in a quieter and more dignified way outwith the official ceremony.

I disagree.

I think we need to be the bigger man over it. By all means have a quiet word in private that we don't appreciate an occasion like this being hijacked. Ultimately though, we must continue to attend and play our part.

Hearts, Hibs and Raith all had players who were amongst the fallen of this battalion and we should very much be part of these occasions and not be put off by the fact that one particularly odious club want to use it as a point of petty point-scoring.

But I think that we need to rise above a few petty jibes about one result, annoying and downright inappropriate as those jibes may be.

Lucius Apuleius
31-10-2015, 02:06 PM
It already happened.

Don't think we were threatened with closure though. If their place is as bad as we hope it is then a wee word with the Health and Safety executive should be all that is needed.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I disagree.

I think we need to be the bigger man over it. By all means have a quiet word in private that we don't appreciate an occasion like this being hijacked. Ultimately though, we must continue to attend and play our part.

Hearts, Hibs and Raith all had players who were amongst the fallen of this battalion and we should very much be part of these occasions and not be put off by the fact that one particularly odious club want to use it as a point of petty point-scoring.

But I think that we need to rise above a few petty jibes about one result, annoying and downright inappropriate as those jibes may be.

Though I agree that Hibs should continue to be represented at Haymarket I sincerely hope that in private Hibs made it clear to them that at least on remembrance Sunday every year we expect them to act against their nature and try to show a little class.

If this were to happen a second time I would expect Hibs to withdraw from any future event and say why publicly.

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-10-2015, 02:28 PM

Hear hear. And the references to paedophiles.

Kato
31-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Don't think we were threatened with closure though. If their place is as bad as we hope it is then a wee word with the Health and Safety executive should be all that is needed.

We were told that the stand would not be given a safety certificate which would have meant the stand would not have been able to be used, i.e. closure.

This was reported in the EEN at the time, the same, supposedly, applying to Hearts.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2015, 02:44 PM

I'm pretty sure most folk on here and in the Hibs support in general would agree with this LH.

However, the fact that it has become an issue in the last 10 years has a lot more to do with Heart of Midlothian's actions than any deliberate move by the Hibs support to make it one. It seems to me that they have taken what is a proud period in their clubs history and shamelessly tried to exploit it for commercial purposes. I don't think I'm the only Hibs fan who thinks that.

O'Rourke3
31-10-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure most folk on here and in the Hibs support in general would agree with this LH.

However, the fact that it has become an issue in the last 10 years has a lot more to do with Heart of Midlothian's actions than any deliberate move by the Hibs support to make it one. It seems to me that they have taken what is a proud period in their clubs history and shamelessly tried to exploit it for commercial purposes. I don't think I'm the only Hibs fan who thinks that.

I'd agree with this. I had friends who performed at the Usher Hall last year - but couldn't bring myself to go. Pointing out at the time that there were other teams players and supports, the fact the Trust had still been owned money when the club collapsed and why the Poppy Fund was still due money months after November. All you get was being accused of the small mindedness etc, while they cannot see the irony, the hubris in their and their club's actions. I also suspect that the current shirt "sponsor" is simply them hiding in plain sight....

Bostonhibby
31-10-2015, 03:54 PM

:agree: I am particularly keen on historical accuracy of momentous events like this one and have no trouble putting right anyone who tries to distort history for their own benefit, or any other reason. Turning it into a Heartsfest as they attempt to do every year is in the worst possible taste and as is their way takes little account of others involved. They can't help themselves so it seems only right to point out the actual nature of their recent dealings in this respect.

Carheenlea
31-10-2015, 05:03 PM
I disagree.

Yes, you're right. Can't really disagree with that.

Spike Mandela
31-10-2015, 05:24 PM

No don't see why people should be censored for stating a fact. Lady Haigs poppy fund was in the list of creditors along with British red cross and Hearts community foundation etc etc Stating this fact does not disrespect the dead.

Hibs fans wear the poppy, respect the silences and remember the fallen but that doesn't mean this shameful episode in Hearts' recent history should be swept under the carpet.

CraigHibee
31-10-2015, 07:16 PM
i have absolute respect for anyone who had to fight in the war (and I'm sure most others on here do as well) the issue that people have is not with anyone that fought in the war/wars but with hearts bumping the poppy fund/mccraes battalion, hearts showed that much "respect" to them they never bothered coughing up their dues and then had to rely on fans to cover up the embarrassment and pay for it themselves.

Bostonhibby
31-10-2015, 07:25 PM
i have absolute respect for anyone who had to fight in the war (and I'm sure most others on here do as well) the issue that people have is not with anyone that fought in the war/wars but with hearts bumping the poppy fund/mccraes battalion, hearts showed that much "respect" to them they never bothered coughing up their dues and then had to rely on fans to cover up the embarrassment and pay for it themselves.
[emoji106]

fishybeaver
31-10-2015, 08:20 PM
[emoji106]
They are using the whole poppy appeal as a horrible crass marketing ploy to make a few quid. Selling shirts with a poppy on them and giving a donation is shameful, surely it should be all profits, respect to who ever buys them for which I am sure will be the right reasons but for that club to be making a few quid out of this is shameful.

Eyrie
31-10-2015, 11:11 PM
For context, Hearts went into administration in June so the decision not to pay for their poppies was a deliberate act of fraud over several months and not an accident of timing over a couple of weeks.

Bad Martini
01-11-2015, 08:13 AM
They are a classless and vile institution at times, scoring points over poppies and playing on loyalties over the same proved this. We may have poked fun in the past at the hearts winning the war etc but they take it to a new level and have the cheek to claim some kind of moral high ground and offence when they did, irrefutably and undeniably stiff the charities. Fact.

Not a subject to really bring into football in my opinion but we didn't use it as a marketing ploy.......

Aldo
01-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Apparently I've to 'Get Over It' from some Yam associates.

My response was that I would never ever let them forget what the club with no shame did to all this local businesses etc.

All I got was 1-5 1902 blah blah!

Bostonhibby
01-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Apparently I've to 'Get Over It' from some Yam associates.

My response was that I would never ever let them forget what the club with no shame did to all this local businesses etc.

All I got was 1-5 1902 blah blah!
Sounding like, in true yam style, they have managed to once again "get over" their dirty deeds.

Pity the victims didn't suffer the thefts without consequences as the yams seem happy to do.

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2015, 10:07 AM
They regularly spout 5-1 and "never let them forget" yet when the Poppy theft issue is raised they go off on one. Strange that eh. I will never let them forget and disagree that raising the poppy issue is in any way disrespectful.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Sounding like, in true yam style, they have managed to once again "get over" their dirty deeds. Pity the victims didn't suffer the thefts without consequences as the yams seem happy to do.

The majority have BH and its plain and clear to see!

That's it they see themselves as victims in all this as 'a big bad boy did it and ran away'

Aldo
01-11-2015, 11:23 AM
They regularly spout 5-1 and "never let them forget" yet when the Poppy theft issue is raised they go off on one. Strange that eh. I will never let them forget and disagree that raising the poppy issue is in any way disrespectful.

Couldn't agree more, especially the last line.

They just cannot understand why I continually go on about it to them yet it's head in the sand then the usual... 1-5, 1902 however there is a new one.

Apparently our lifeless, soulless always empty stadium is a monstrosity and is a dump! O dear jealous I told them and they proceeded to say that Budge and the Council will sort out a new Stadium for them?? REALLY!

Hiber-nation
01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Let's stop talking about these fuds. Today's all about Hibs.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Let's stop talking about these fuds. Today's all about Hibs.

It's not on the match thread?

Just a few folk having a conversation.

Yeah totally agree it's about us but what's the issue discussing a topic??