PDA

View Full Version : Do the players really want to play for the manager?

Allan45
27-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Im a Hibs supporter and so frustrated at the moment….from a Sports Psychological point of view.
Do the players want to perform for Pat Fenlon?

Just open for debate really as, there must be some underlying disease within the whole club?
Football, play the for the club, support etc, but we are constanly being let down week after week.

Having a good understanding with Sport Psychology, i feel this is an area to be worked at. We have such a good squad of players, and should be scoring more goals at home.

Questions to ask..
What are the players doing in training (fitness,technical skills, nutrition, etc)
Do the players really want to play as a team (group cohesion).
Players fanny around after training finishing early going to pubs, bookies, thinking they are Pop Stars etc?

We won't get the answers for sure...

The bottom line as, an international athlete who eats, trains, works hard for my teams…I put in the extra mile week after week..At least when I compete at Club or International level i can give it my all how small or large the competition . I will always give 100% for myself and the rest of the team.

If the Hibs players do this, id be happy with a win or loss……
Please Hibs players, do that…have some fire in your bellies….

Ill be there in the West Stand on Wednesday, I have fire in my belly as a supporter, so should you, then we will unite as a team...

cleanyman
27-10-2013, 04:28 PM
We'll find out on Wednesday

greenlex
27-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Im a Hibs supporter and so frustrated at the moment….from a Sports Psychological point of view.
Do the players want to perform for Pat Fenlon?

Just open for debate really as, there must be some underlying disease within the whole club?
Football, play the for the club, support etc, but we are constanly being let down week after week.

Having a good understanding with Sport Psychology, i feel this is an area to be worked at. We have such a good squad of players, and should be scoring more goals at home.

Questions to ask..
What are the players doing in training (fitness,technical skills, nutrition, etc)
Do the players really want to play as a team (group cohesion).
Players fanny around after training finishing early going to pubs, bookies, thinking they are Pop Stars etc?

We won't get the answers for sure...

The bottom line as, an international athlete who eats, trains, works hard for my teams…I put in the extra mile week after week..At least when I compete at Club or International level i can give it my all how small or large the competition . I will always give 100% for myself and the rest of the team.

If the Hibs players do this, id be happy with a win or loss……
Please Hibs players, do that…have some fire in your bellies….

Ill be there in the West Stand on Wednesday, I have fire in my belly as a supporter, so should you, then we will unite as a team...Results say we are not let down week after week though.:confused:

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Results say we are not let down week after week though.:confused:

It is if you turn up expecting to see football.

Craig_in_Prague
27-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Results say we are not let down week after week though.:confused:

2 wins at ER in all 2013 suggests what?

greenlex
27-10-2013, 04:56 PM
It is if you turn up expecting to see football.Im in my 50's and must have been let down by Hibs for the vast majority of my life then.

greenlex
27-10-2013, 04:57 PM
2 wins at ER in all 2013 suggests what?We didnt win too many home league fixtures in ten months? :confused:

Keith_M
27-10-2013, 05:17 PM
In interviews, they all say the right thing about Fenlon.

Though, who'd want to get on any manager's bad side and find themselves out of the team.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Im in my 50's and must have been let down by Hibs for the vast majority of my life then.

Yes indeed. :agree:

Wouldn't it be nice if Hibs actually pulled their weight for a change?