PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan seriously hurt in FFS Upper yesterday? (merged)

MB62
27-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Almost right on kick off time, a Hibs fan, who from a distance looked possibly a bit elderly, took a bad fall down the stars in the Famous Five Uppers stand. He was still being attended to right up to half time as it seemed to take an eternity to get him some proper medical treatment. One female Hibs fan asked a steward if he could help but got very little reply from what I could see.

Just wondering if anybody knows how the man who fell is? It looked a bad one and I just hope he is on the road to recovery now.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I posted this on the PM board earlier:

Was sitting just up from the guy.Seemed to lose his balance about 4 stairs up then just went, the thud when he landed was awful. Stewards and a few people were on hand within seconds, i went to offer any help i could (done a couple of advanced 1st aid courses) but there were a couple of nurses in the crowd beat me to it and people crowding can make these situations worse.Was a lot of blood from the fall but he was always breathing with a pulse and was conscious when leaving so fingers crossee he is ok

MB62
27-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I posted this on the PM board earlier:

Was sitting just up from the guy.Seemed to lose his balance about 4 stairs up then just went, the thud when he landed was awful. Stewards and a few people were on hand within seconds, i went to offer any help i could (done a couple of advanced 1st aid courses) but there were a couple of nurses in the crowd beat me to it and people crowding can make these situations worse.Was a lot of blood from the fall but he was always breathing with a pulse and was conscious when leaving so fingers crossee he is ok

excellent news. It really did look a bad fall and we were all worried about him. Good to hear a couple of nurses were on hand because from where we were, it did seem to take ages for the ambulance crew to arrive and he was obviously being attended to for the whole of the first half.

Whoever you are sir, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

gaz1875
27-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Anyone know how the elderly man is that fell in the Famous 5 upper yesterday?

Couldn't believe how long it took for the ambulance to arrive :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
27-10-2013, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=gaz1875;3781410]Anyone know how the elderly man is that fell in the Famous 5 upper yesterday?

Couldn't believe how long it took for the ambulance to arrive :confused:[

How long did it take?

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?272907-Hibs-fan-seriously-hurt-in-FFS-Upper-yesterday&p=3781283#post3781283

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=gaz1875;3781410]Anyone know how the elderly man is that fell in the Famous 5 upper yesterday?

How long did it take?

About 35-40 minutes.

gaz1875
27-10-2013, 03:52 PM

How long did it take?

Happened just before kick off, arrived just before half time!!

Just noticed this has been posted elsewhere.

Phil D. Rolls
27-10-2013, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Filled Rolls;3781418]

About 35-40 minutes.

That's worrying.:agree:

TRC
27-10-2013, 06:46 PM
do we not have ambulances on site when the match is ongoing :confused:

Twiglet
27-10-2013, 06:58 PM
do we not have ambulances on site when the match is ongoing :confused:

There were 4 medics sitting behind the away dug-out yesterday. Don't know why they didn't respond, surely they're there for everyone in the stadium, not just the players.

Billy
27-10-2013, 07:02 PM
There were 4 medics sitting behind the away dug-out yesterday. Don't know why they didn't respond, surely they're there for everyone in the stadium, not just the players.
Medics were on the scene.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 07:25 PM

In fairness there were St Andrews first aiders on the scene pretty quickly. Paramedics arrived after about 30 mins.

Steven_Hibs
27-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I hope he is ok. Looked a bad one, yes there were medics etc on the scene. But they all looked like wee lost laddies. Shockingly bad stuff.

Twiglet
27-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Medics were on the scene.

In fairness there were St Andrews first aiders on the scene pretty quickly. Paramedics arrived after about 30 mins.

Glad they were there.
When I sat down they were around didn't notice them after that until the second half when they came back to their seats to be fair (was too engrossed in the match to see if they wee all there).

The Harp
27-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Wasn't aware of this at all on Saturday until the announcement just on half time. Hope the person involved is on the mend.

DAVE1875
27-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Was wondering what happened to the elderly gent that was wheeled past the East stand just before kick off, I was in sect 44 of East Stand about in line with the six yard line so I didn't see anything until I saw him passing in front of the stand

oconnors_strip
27-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Was wondering what happened to the elderly gent that was wheeled past the East stand just before kick off, I was in sect 43 of East Stand about in line with the six yard line so I didn't see anything until I saw him passing in front of the stand

Not sure what happened but he was treated at his seat in the first section in the east beside north stand, then moved on to a trolley and wheeled round the edge of the pitch to either first aid room or ambulance as there was two paramedics with him.

leggeto
27-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Was wondering what happened to the elderly gent that was wheeled past the East stand just before kick off, I was in sect 44 of East Stand about in line with the six yard line so I didn't see anything until I saw him passing in front of the stand

he went passed me too, he looked ok, was sort of sitting up looking at the crowd

Hibby Riki
28-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I hope he is ok. Looked a bad one, yes there were medics etc on the scene. But they all looked like wee lost laddies. Shockingly bad stuff.

Who the First Aiders?........ wee lost laddies really? ........interesting...

MB62
29-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Just bumping this.
Genuinely concerned about the gent involved and hoping somebody can come on with good news.

29-10-2013, 09:45 AM
What a shame - heres hoping he's alright and made a full recovery!

Hibhibhooray
30-10-2013, 08:17 AM

Did not see the incident but spoke to someone who did and they said the medics who attended did everything right by not moving the lad and were proffesional throughout while the waited for further assistance, hope the lad who fell is okay

horseflesh
30-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Did not see the incident but spoke to someone who did and they said the medics who attended did everything right by not moving the lad and were proffesional throughout while the waited for further assistance, hope the lad who fell is okay

My kids keep on asking if he's alright, happened very close to us and it has fairly upset them (even 4 days on). The stewards then the medics appeared to go about their business very professionally. There was a lot of blood though - hope someone can give us some good news on his condition. fingers crossed for him