PDA

View Full Version : Best 11 When Everybody is Fit

AlbertK86
26-10-2013, 09:00 PM
As a lot of people are claiming we have a strong squad - and I agree - I'm interested now that the first round of games is in, what everybody views as our strongest starting 11 and formation. For argue mental sake if everybody was fully fit and playing to top of their game what would it be

For me 4-3-3

Williams

Clancy
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Harris
Heffernan
Cairney

IberianHibernian
26-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Williams
Clancy
Nelson
McGivern
Hanlon
Robertson
Taiwo
Craig
Harris
Collins
Heffermann

tamig
26-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Who's this Clancy??

hfc rd
26-10-2013, 09:12 PM
As a lot of people are claiming we have a strong squad - and I agree - I'm interested now that the first round of games is in, what everybody views as our strongest starting 11 and formation. For argue mental sake if everybody was fully fit and playing to top of their game what would it be

For me 4-3-3

Williams

Clancy
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Harris
Heffernan
Cairney

Put Hanlon in for Forster and that would be my team. Also hope that Cairney rediscovers that good early season form from last season.

SMAXXA
26-10-2013, 09:14 PM

For me 4-3-3

Williams

Clancy
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

H
Heffernan
Cairney

Not been his biggest fan but how you can have Forster in for Hanlon is beyond me.

LaMotta
26-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Put Hanlon in for Forster and that would be my team. Also hope that Cairney rediscovers that good early season form from last season.

agree with that :agree:

AlbertK86
26-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Not been his biggest fan but how you can have Forster in for Hanlon is beyond me.

All about opinions

When Forster got a run last season he was excellent

He always looks to play football out from the back and picks a pass ... Hanlons distribution is poor... Long diagonals tha rarely find the target

He was strong in the air and in the challenge and wasn't bullied off the ball .... Hanlon gets bullied off the ball regularly and can barely head the ball 20 yards

Forster read the game well and had awareness of what was going on around him ..... Hanlon is a ball watcher and as has been seen regularly drifts out of position regularly

That is why Forster is ahead of Hanlon in my eyes

But as I say it's all about opinions so happy to debate it

McKenzie
26-10-2013, 09:31 PM
What happened to this magical new foreign winger that we signed?:confused:

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 09:37 PM
What happened to this magical new foreign winger that we signed?:confused:

Which magical foreign winger would that be?

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 10:23 PM
It's no ****in 442 with the options we have that's for sure

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Harris
Heffernan
Vine

McKenzie
26-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Which magical foreign winger would that be?

Zoubir? The one everyone was raving about.

PISTOL1875
27-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Williams

Mullen
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Thomson
Roberston
Craig

Harris
Heffernan
Cairney

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2013, 12:19 PM
I keep hearing from folk that we have the best squad outwith Celtic, well i disagree. We have a good keeper, but our defense is poor. No apparent right back, 2 centre halves that are ponderous in possession poor distributors of the ball and slow when turned, whichever 2 play.

A midfield that create nothing, are workmanlike but like our defense painfully slow at moving the ball on and indeed running with the ball.

Up front the Heff has been a good signing, Collins not so yet, and the less said about Vine the better.

So to sum up, we can have any combination of what we have available, but we'd still be brutally slow and ponderous on the ball, and awful to watch.

A mid table side at best.

AlbertK86
27-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I keep hearing from folk that we have the best squad outwith Celtic, well i disagree. We have a good keeper, but our defense is poor. No apparent right back, 2 centre halves that are ponderous in possession poor distributors of the ball and slow when turned, whichever 2 play. A midfield that create nothing, are workmanlike but like our defense painfully slow at moving the ball on and indeed running with the ball. Up front the Heff has been a good signing, Collins not so yet, and the less said about Vine the better. So to sum up, we can have any combination of what we have available, but we'd still be brutally slow and ponderous on the ball, and awful to watch. A mid table side at best.

Agree with your assessment just now especially in central defence but the question was when all fit and playing to best of their ability .... I ken this is possibly idealistic but just humour us !!

Hopefully with Harris and Cairney we have two who can definitely create and Harris also has a bit of pace

Long term I'd like to see Forster and McGivern at CH and bring in another left back

Not that far off being a reasonable team

fife hfc
27-10-2013, 02:25 PM
We lack natural width and this means we have to play everything in the more congested centre area of the pitch and as a result the play is slowed down as we have few options available. I will give Zoubir benefit of the doubt at the moment due to the position he is being asked to play and the way we are playing. As for the eleven I would like to see

Williams
Clancy Nelson Mcgivern hanlon
Harris Thomson Craig Zoubir
Collins heffernan

Hibeesmad
27-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Zoubir
Thomson
Craig
Harris

Heffernan
Collins

bingo70
27-10-2013, 07:58 PM
I've not got a clue what our best team is and I don't think pat does either. There isn't a formation out there that suits the players we've got.

No decent right back, centre midfield of Robertson, Thomson, taiwo, Otj and Craig. One decent winger in Harris. Two decent forwards imo with Collins and Heffernan but Heffernan not suited to play up front on his own.

That's not me writing off zoubir and cairney off btw, I've just no idea what position suits them best.

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Zoubir? The one everyone was raving about.

I knew who you meant. My question was sarcastic as I couldn't figure out why you didn't just name him in your sarcastic question.

The laddie was poor against Aberdeen. No doubting that but he's never put himself forward as a 'magical winger' it's only those with huge expectations that raved about him. He was poor as I say, playing through the middle. I wonder why our winger was played through the middle?

Love the Green
27-10-2013, 08:05 PM

For me 4-3-3

Williams

Clancy
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Harris
Heffernan
Cairney

Do you mean not injured cause I cant ever see that lot of lazy slow unfit bunch of overpaid talentless rubbish ever be FIT

AlbertK86
27-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Do you mean not injured cause I cant ever see that lot of lazy slow unfit bunch of overpaid talentless rubbish ever be FIT

Aye that is a very good point.... Far too many seem a yard or two off the pace

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2013, 10:35 PM

It it might take a while for these boys to get fit bit will be available for selection if called ;)

GreenArmy1875
27-10-2013, 10:59 PM
I would like to see

Williams

Maybury Nelson Forster Mcgivern

Robertson Thomson Craig

Harris Heffernan Stanton/Handling/Cairney

Personally think playing craig central instead of wide would be much better option now we have wide players available.
This allows craigs attacking attributes to be used in the correct areas. Playing with 3 forwards allows us to attack with purpose and creativity, i cant quite chose which one i would like to see play out of stanton/handling/cairney.

erin go bragh
27-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Williams
Clancy mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Robertson Thomson Craig Harris

Collins hefferman

Ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-10-2013, 11:13 PM
GK Williams

RB Clancy
CB McPake