PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Hearts

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Since Heff is cuptied will that mean Vine and Collins up front then? What team should be play, thoughts?

hibee6
26-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Take the game to them, would like to see a 4-3-3

Williams

Forster
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Craig
thomson
robertson

vine
Collins
Zoubir/Handling

Bench of Murdoch, Tawio, stanton, handling/zoubir, OTJ

stoneyburn hibs
26-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Williams
McGivern
Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson
Craig
Thomson
Tiawo
Robertson
Handling
Collins

Sir David Gray
26-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Williams

McGivern
Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson

Thomson
Robertson
Craig
Taiwo

Collins
Caldwell

SUBS

Murdoch
Maybury
Cairney
Zoubir
Vine

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Why bother with forwards when we never get the ball to them.

Williams

McPake
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson
McGivern
Thomson
Tudor - Jones
Petrie
O'Hagan
Farmer

IberianHibernian
26-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Williams

Maybury
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson (if Maybury isn`t fit then same defence as today)

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Vine

Subs: Murdoch,McPake (Forster if Maybury isn`t fit),OTJ,Cairney and Zoubir (not sure if Under 20 striker Cummings would be worth a chance on bench). Also got to think of who might have to take penalties.

hfc rd
26-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Handling
Collins

subs:
Murdoch
Maybury
Cairney
Zoubir
Vine

AlbertK86
26-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robbo
Thommo
Craig
Cairney

Handling
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Forster
Otj
Vine
Cummings

AlbertK86
26-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Williams Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern Robbo Thommo Craig Cairney Handling Collins Subs Murdoch Forster Otj Vine Cummings

Sorry guys forgot about Zoubir

Him on bench instead of OTJ

Hiber-nation
26-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Doesnae matter who plays, we can all play football manager, fair enough, but I just want to see a Hibs team attacking these b******s.

trev the hat
26-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Williams GK

Stevenson LB
Mgivern CH
Hanlon CH
Mullen RB

Craig LM
Thomson CM
Taiwo CM
Robertson RM

Handling CF
Collins CF

Brightside
26-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I dont care who he picks now. Its all about attitude. Either they want to go out and batter hearts or they dont.

number9dream
26-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Why on earth is everyone listing four central midfielders? Oh wait, that's all we have...

Stringer
26-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Williams

Mullen. Hanlon McGivern. Stevenson

Thomson

Zoubir. Robertson. Taiwo Craig

Collins

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Williams
Stevenson Hanlon McPake McGivern
Robertson Thomson Taiwo Craig
Zoubir (free role)
Collins

Heisenberg
26-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Handling

Collins

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 10:26 PM
It's no ****in 442 with the options we have that's for sure

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Zoubir
Collins
Vine

One thing is for certain, we have the players to hammer them but I expect Fenlon to come up with his usual confusion masterclass

truehibernian
26-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Hearts have no strikers - I'd be tempted to run the gauntlet and play 3-5-2 !

McPake right, Hanlon central, McGivern left......midfield of Stevenson Taiwo Thomson Robertson and Craig....front pair of Caldwell and Handling.

Hearts have no width, play with one up top and no natural striker - if Pat goes negative then sorry, he needs to go !

They are literally there for the taking with a tactically inept manager (worse than ours),

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Why on earth is everyone listing four central midfielders? Oh wait, that's all we have...

Sorry about that. Apparently the groundsman at EM only painted a 20 yd wide pitch which meant PF forgot to sign any widemen

Aldo
26-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Hearts have no strikers - I'd be tempted to run the gauntlet and play 3-5-2 ! McPake right, Hanlon central, McGivern left......midfield of Stevenson Taiwo Thomson Robertson and Craig....front pair of Caldwell and Handling. Hearts have no width, play with one up top and no natural striker - if Pat goes negative then sorry, he needs to go ! They are literally there for the taking with a tactically inept manager (worse than ours),

Sorry but there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PF will play with only 3 at the back.

You, me and the rest on here knows it would make sense but that's too positive.

I can see the same back 4.

Thomson and either TT or OTJ with
Robertson and Craig flanking them with
Vine and Collins up front.

If we only played Thomson and didn't play vine we could okay with Handling wide on right and Zoubir wide left with Collins up front

With a MF of Robertson KT Craig.

I really think it's important that Robertson and Craig get up and support Collins.

truehibernian
26-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorry but there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PF will play with only 3 at the back.

If we only played Thomson and didn't play vine we could okay with Handling wide on right and Zoubir wide left with Collins up front

I really think it's important that Robertson and Craig get up and support Collins.

Aldo, I know, I was thinking aloud mate.

If we don't beat this Hearts side, or at least play 3 up top, as Duncan Ballantyne would say, 'I'm Out' !

gorgie greens
26-10-2013, 10:49 PM

i can see us going with a 4 5 1
same back four.
think craig and Zoubir out wide,Thomson OTJ Robertson in middle and Collins up front running about like a headless chicken,
hopefully Craig and Zoubir can get some decnt balls in to the box and some midfield support getting there.

LancsHibs
26-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Williams
McGivern Hanlon. McPake. Maybury/Mullen

Craig. OTJ. Thomson. Robertson

Zuby

Collins

Edit. Left is right!

StarMan10
27-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Williams

Stevenson Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Robertson Taiwo Thomson Zoubir

Craig
Collins

Zoubir on the left for some trickery and pace on the wing, plus Stevenson could use Robertson's high work rate since he's playing out of position. Craig and Zoubir can swap to switch things if need be. Would look to get Handling on with a good 30+ mins to go if the result isn't in the bag yet, Tudor-Jones to come on if/when it is.

Intensity of the Celtic game, ball retention of the St Mirren. Time to finally give them a doing.:pray:

SouthamptonHibs
27-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Williams in goal then ten yes ten guys do the east terracing g least they will show some hearts....hibs are pish I love them but we are pish

Hibeesmad
27-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Zoubir
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

danhibees1875
27-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Williams
Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern
OTJ Thomson
Robertson
Craig..... Handling
Collins

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Handling
Collins

and please make it a genuine 442 with both full backs pushing on when its on.

Jones28
27-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Williams
Mullen Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern
Taiwo Thomson
Robertson Craig Zoubir
Collins

2 footballers in the middle in Thomson and Taiwo, linking with the 3 forward mid fielders. Collins will be better supported and hopefully with decent service he will come good. :flag:

Wotherspiniesta
27-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Williams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Roberston Thomson Craig

Handling Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch Stevenson Taiwo Vine Collins

mim
27-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Williams
Stevenson Hanlon McPake McGivern
Robertson Thomson Taiwo Craig
Zoubir (free role)
Collins

This

ballengeich
27-10-2013, 08:13 PM
just make sure the best penalty takers are on the field for the shoot-out after 120 minutes at 0-0.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 08:14 PM
..............................Williams............ ....................
...Stevenson......Hanlon......McPake......McGivern ...
.........Robertson.......Thomson.......Taiwo...... ..........
.Zoubir........................................... ......Craig......
..............................Collins............. ....................

The kind of lineup I thought we should have played against Aberdeen.

I don't see the sense sticking Zoubir in no mans land again. He should be playing as a winger, where he can put his pace and trickery to use.

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 08:16 PM
...Stevenson......Hanlon......McPake......McGivern ...
.........Robertson.......Thomson.......Taiwo...... ..........
.Zoubir........................................... ......Craig......
..............................Collins............. ....................

The kind of lineup I thought we should have played against Aberdeen.

I don't see the sense sticking Zoubir in no mans land again. He should be playing as a winger, where he can put his pace and trickery to use.

I know Hearts are toiling for strikers but us playing without a keeper might give them hope :wink:

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I know Hearts are toiling for strikers but us playing without a keeper might give them hope :wink:

I was thinking we could sub him on for Collins at half time. Test out his pace. :wink:

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Me in goals plus the first 10 fans that turn up,we might not win but by god we would show fight!!!

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Me in goals plus the first 10 fans that turn up,we might not win but by god we would show fight!!!

There would still be no excuse for losing to that lot. :tsk tsk:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I was thinking we could sub him on for Collins at half time. Test out his pace. :wink:

:greengrin

MacGruber
27-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I really want to see us go for it.

Williams

Stevenson - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern

Thomson

Handling - Roberston - Craig - Zoubir

Collins

Roberston has an engine on him and can run all day, and so can drop back to help Thomson if need be. Him and Craig through the middle in their best positions can get forward and create chances, and can get into the box to get on the end of crosses from Zoubir and Handling out wide.

Or that's how it goes in my head, anyway! :greengrin

I like this. Would be confident of a result with this however am confident we won't play this and have confidence that the team he does pick will leave me without confidence. Can see Vine starting despite his lack of confidence. Anyway with or without confidence you can be confident I'll be there. :confused:

FromTheCapital
27-10-2013, 08:59 PM
4-4-1-1: Williams; Stevenson, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern; Robertson, Taiwo, Thomson, Zoubir; Craig; Collins.

Spike Mandela
27-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm still having nightmares about Vine and Collins' performance up front at Tynie. Oh for a Griffiths or a Riordan but really struggling to think of our best attacking options for this one.

erin go bragh
27-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Williams

Mullen Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern
Tudor Jones Robertson Thomson Craig
Handling. Collins

Ggtth

Aldo
28-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Aldo, I know, I was thinking aloud mate. If we don't beat this Hearts side, or at least play 3 up top, as Duncan Ballantyne would say, 'I'm Out' !

Nowt wrong with thinking aloud whilst battering the keyboard and sharing your thoughts. Agree re 3 up top but like I say can we really see it.

Think id to see Handling played in behind Vine and Collins. Think Handling would do a bit more tracking back than Zoubir.

But I think PF will play 4 4 1 1

Let's just go out get in there faces from the off and beat this mob

Team for me

Williams
Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern Robertson. Thommo. Craig
Handling
Collins. Vine

Brightside
28-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Williams
Stevenson McPake (rather have Forster) Hanlon McGivern

Thomson

Robertson Craig Zouby

Handling Collins

Play that and we win 3-1

yerauldda
28-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Williams

Maybury Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Robertson Thomson Craig

Zoubir Handling
Collins

Subs:
Murdoch
Stevenson
OTJ
Taiwo
Cairney
Cummings
Vine

Pretty Boy
28-10-2013, 08:32 AM
...........Williams..........

Stevenson..McPake..Hanlon...McGivern

.......Thomson......Taiwo.......

...Handling....Robertson......Craig

...........Collins...........

4231 with All 3 attacking midfielders told to push on and support and leave the dirty work to Thomson and Taiwo.

Heisenberg
28-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Williams

Stevenson
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Zoubir
Collins
Handling

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 09:01 AM
...........Williams..........

Stevenson..McPake..Hanlon...McGivern

.......Thomson......Taiwo.......

...Handling....Robertson......Craig

...........Collins...........

4231 with All 3 attacking midfielders told to push on and support and leave the dirty work to Thomson and Taiwo.

This may be the winner. If need be, Zoubir on for Taiwo in the last 20, Robertson to sit back, and keep attacking. This is the infuriation of Pat, victory is on a plate! There's nothing to do other than go for the jugular. Taiwo ahead of Tudor Jones because Hearts are supposed to be a young, energetic team, not a powerhouse to break down, which is what Tudor Jones should be there for. Taiwo has the tenacity to bite at the young'uns heels, so let's go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Zoubir could make mince meat out the Jam'uns in the last 30, so Handling starts, as he has pedigree against them.

Aldo
28-10-2013, 09:24 AM
...........Williams.......... Stevenson..McPake..Hanlon...McGivern .......Thomson......Taiwo....... ...Handling....Robertson......Craig ...........Collins........... 4231 with All 3 attacking midfielders told to push on and support and leave the dirty work to Thomson and Taiwo.

Could handle that line up. I get a feeling he'll play Vine along with Collins.

Don't know Why tho. I'd be happy to see that starting line up but only up. We need to take the game to them and from the off.

kentao
28-10-2013, 09:40 AM
.......................Williams.................
Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern
..................TT.............KT...............
Zoubir.............Robertson.........Craig
.........................Collins.................. .

Game plan.

Attacking down both flanks and getting balls into the box for Collins and supporting attacking mids. Full backs to get forward and support the attacks with TT or KT filling in the space left by the full backs to prevent being exposed.

Take the game to Hearts and put their young full backs under pressure from the first minute. Whenever Hearts have the ball pressure them all over the park and force them into mistakes and don't allow them to get settled.

Easy 3-0 winners :D

Leishy1995
28-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Play someone with trickery against McHattie. Fond memories of him being done by a step over or two and Zaliukas slotting home the winner last year.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Maybe Handling on the left of a 4-2-3-1? He could cut in. Maybe that would give him more space to shoot..

3pm
28-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I see Griffiths is at East Mains this morning. What I'd give to see him up front on Wednesday!

NeilT
28-10-2013, 11:45 AM
I would go for this. Zoubir will be better of the bench when the game opens up. The Game bypassed Handling when he came on on Saturday. Vine is a big strong boy who should be able to do a shift on the right.

----------------------- Collins

Craig ---------------- Robertson ---------------- Vine

----------- Thomson ---------- Tudor-Jones

--- McGivern --- Hanlon ---- McPake ----- Maybury (Stevenson)

---------------------- Williams

Judas Iscariot
28-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Willams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Tudor-Jones Thomson

Zoubir Robertson Craig

Collins

Elephant Stone
28-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake (c)
Hanlon
McGivern

Craig
Taiwo
Thomson
Robertson

Collins
Vine

Still don't really see what Tudur-Jones brings to the team that merits keeping Taiwo out. I'd definitely have Taiwo in for this one.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-10-2013, 07:49 PM
ATTACK THEM

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Zoubir

Collins
Vine

B.H.F.C
28-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Collins will come in for Heff. I also think he will play one off Handling or Vine instead of Zoubir.

I'd like Maybury to play if fit. Better balance with the ball which would help us take the game to them. But I'd imagine Stevenson will play.

It'll pretty much be the same team that was abysmal against Aberdeen I'd imagine.

rcarter1
28-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I would go for this. Zoubir will be better of the bench when the game opens up. The Game bypassed Handling when he came on on Saturday. Vine is a big strong boy who should be able to do a shift on the right.

----------------------- Collins

Craig ---------------- Robertson ---------------- Vine

----------- Thomson ---------- Tudor-Jones

--- McGivern --- Hanlon ---- McPake ----- Maybury (Stevenson)

---------------------- Williams

Like this kind of thing, but I would prefer Craig in the middle, and maybe Taiwo instead of TJ. I think Vine is a better option than Zoubir who some favour. Vine may not be the greatest player in the world, but experience and awareness seems better than the Zoubster. Our central midfielder (Roberston in the above) should be told to ignore defensive duties and look to drive as much as possible, with the hope that Collins can feed of him, and crosses from left/right. Hearts struggle to score, and dont have the pace the Dons have, so we should be able to leave Thommo and TJ/Taiwo to clean up most things in midfield.

Hibby 2005
28-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Williams
Stevenson (no other option), McPake, Forster, McGivern (better in the middle but not according to Pat)
Thomson,
Robertson, Craig,
Zoubir (as a winger please), Vine (not many other options), Collins

Hanlon is a weak link and badly in need of a rest therefore on the bench.