PDA

View Full Version : Substitutions

JimBHibees
26-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Absolutely staggered by the changes. No idea why our best striker was taken off and I dont want to hear it was to give players a run for Wednesday as today was a massive game for Hibs. OTJ was doing ok and was providing decent protection to the defence and to leave on Zoubir seemed a very strange one to me as it completely exposed Lewis at right back.

hibees 7062
26-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Absolutely staggered by the changes. No idea why our best striker was taken off and I dont want to hear it was to give players a run for Wednesday as today was a massive game for Hibs. OTJ was doing ok and was providing decent protection to the defence and to leave on Zoubir seemed a very strange one to me as it completely exposed Lewis at right back.

Sure he was injured Jim

JimBHibees
26-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Sure he was injured Jim

Was he didnt realise that, not good news if that is right.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:23 PM

I suppose its different from stick for not making changes quickly or for bringing midfielders on!

3 forward players brought in. Two by 60 mins almost.

Didn't work really in changing anything but it was an attempt to win the game.

erin go bragh
26-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Thought the OTJ one was very strange , Zoubir for Collins would have imo been better .

Ggtth

GreenOnions
27-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Credit to Derek McInne: The substitutions yesterday changed the game I thought. McInnes replaced Zola with Vernon and Hayes with Wylde. Bothe changes proved effective.and improved Aberdeen. We brought on Collins for ITJ to go 4-4-2 (which was right at the time I thought. But we then replaced Heff and Zoubir with Vine and Handling. Both these changes weakened us I felt. Vine was very poor and Handling just didn't do anything at all.

adhibs
27-10-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought jones was playing alright, was surprised he went off ahead the non existent Robertson. Was happy to see handling for zoubir. Would start him on wed even though he never got involved yesterday

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I suppose its different from stick for not making changes quickly or for bringing midfielders on!

3 forward players brought in. Two by 60 mins almost.

Didn't work really in changing anything but it was an attempt to win the game.

Agree to an extent however thought the changes made the team weaker and only change IMO should have been Zoubir for Collins.

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Credit to Derek McInne: The substitutions yesterday changed the game I thought. McInnes replaced Zola with Vernon and Hayes with Wylde. Bothe changes proved effective.and improved Aberdeen. We brought on Collins for ITJ to go 4-4-2 (which was right at the time I thought. But we then replaced Heff and Zoubir with Vine and Handling. Both these changes weakened us I felt. Vine was very poor and Handling just didn't do anything at all.

Completely agree.

3pm
27-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Agree to an extent however thought the changes made the team weaker and only change IMO should have been Zoubir for Collins.

I'd suggest Taiwo should have been on. We were utter pish in midfield and he'd have pressed the ball better than Jones.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-10-2013, 10:29 AM
At least he tried to change it! We moan(justifiably) at times that Fenlon is too defensive but he went to 4-4-2 and kept a wide player on(if Zoubir is a wide player!). It just never worked

trev the hat
27-10-2013, 10:32 AM
With Wed in mind, Collins should have started IMO, Zoubir is a bench player at best. Had that been the case I'd have put Handling on for Heff if it was necessary. OTJ sub unsettled the midfield & wasn't really required. We have no pace from our bench at the moment & badly miss Harris.

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I'd suggest Taiwo should have been on. We were utter pish in midfield and he'd have pressed the ball better than Jones.

Maybe didnt think we were that bad in midfield and Taiwo hasnt been great the times I have seen him recently.

The Voice Of Reason
27-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I didn't think there was anything wrong tactically with the subs - he went for it.

The simple facts are that Aberdeen had better players to bring on!

Vernon (changed the game) vs Vine
Wylde vs handling

Enough said !!!!!

jodjam
27-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Heffernan was injured. Had signalled to the bench and was pointing to his groin when he came off