PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kids bore day.

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I took my granddaughter today for her 3rd Hibs Kids day . A 2-1 defeat by Inverness, a dreadful 0-0 against Ross County and today's shocker.
Looking round the Famous Five Lower most of the kids had lost interest by half time and only the fast food at the break gave them something to get excited about. Little or no goalmouth action, no excitement resulting in no atmosphere. Every one of these three games have been the same, not the stuff to get these youngsters hooked on the Hibs and begging to be taken every week.
The sooner we have a manager that believes in entertainment and a style of play that provides some excitement as well as results the better it will be.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I took my granddaughter today for her 3rd Hibs Kids day . A 2-1 defeat by Inverness, a dreadful 0-0 against Ross County and today's shocker.
Looking round the Famous Five Lower most of the kids had lost interest by half time and only the fast food at the break gave them something to get excited about. Little or no goalmouth action, no excitement resulting in no atmosphere. Every one of these three games have been the same, not the stuff to get these youngsters hooked on the Hibs and begging to be taken every week.
The sooner we have a manager that believes in entertainment and a style of play that provides some excitement as well as results the better it will be.

As a club Hibs are trying really hard to entice kids along (and the Hibs Kids deal is great, so credit to the club for that) :agree:

A winning and entertaining team will really make the difference, but sadly at home we are neither :boo hoo:

Pete
26-10-2013, 06:33 PM
I thought the atmosphere was alright today. Kids usually lose interest by half time anyway in my experience. Then again, maybe thats just because they have been watching hibs matches. :-)

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2013, 06:42 PM
As a club Hibs are trying really hard to entice kids along (and the Hibs Kids deal is great, so credit to the club for that) :agree:

A winning and entertaining team will really make the difference, but sadly at home we are neither :boo hoo:

You are perfectly right. The Hibs Kids scheme is a great thing. My son was one of the first Hibs Kids and now 2 of my grandchildren are members which is great. The match day experience is good for the kids and the club go out of their way to make these days special but sadly the day out goes flat dies once the game begins.

basehibby
26-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Got to say I almost want Hibs kids days to be banned cos we seldom if ever get a result on them :rolleyes:

Only joking as they are a great initiative - BUT my own daughter has been to plenty over the last seven years or so and has NEVER yet seen a Hibees victory!!!

This is of course mainly due to the fact that Hibs have been pish for much of that time anyway - but is also in no small part IMO due to Hibs' infuriating tendency to underperform against sides they really should be beating. That could not Really be said today mind you as Aberdeen are a decent side and a big club by Scottish standards, but most Hibs kids games are against the teams who are NOT box office - ie the sides with a much smaller budget than Hibs, and ergo who over the piece we should be beating at ER more often than not.

The fact that my daughter is yet to sample the sweet taste of a Hibees victory is not because Hibs Kids days are a bad idea and is NOT because she's a jinx - sadly it's just symptomatic of the immense capacity to disappoint of the football club her foolish dad was idiot enough to fall in love with.

truehibernian
26-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Once we get a Chairman at the helm who is dynamic and challenges management and players to entertain and win, then it'll be kids and adults entertained.

We have one who accepts mediocrity and allows managers to stumble on without much demands placed on them.

Hibernian is an easy place to pick up a pay cheque without much hassle or indeed anyone on your back demanding results and success !

inglisavhibs
26-10-2013, 07:00 PM
You need players who can run and beat players now and again to get entertainment. A lot of our players played well today but unfortunately they were not in positions that create or entertain.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 08:08 PM
My wee girl cried. Didn't know she cared so much!

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 08:16 PM
You need players who can run and beat players now and again to get entertainment. A lot of our players played well today but unfortunately they were not in positions that create or entertain.

Which ones do you have in mind?

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Was wondering the same myself Jb !!!

inglisavhibs
26-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Williams, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern, Thomson and Robertson all did well. In Robertson's case that's despite playing out of position.

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Williams, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern, Thomson and Robertson all did well. In Robertson's case that's despite playing out of position.

Opinions, opinions. I thought Ben did ok, nothing special. I thought McPake was back to the old James, diving headers etc cos he's out of position. Hanlon and McGivern I'll give you. Thomson slows everything down and we're pedestrian enough as it is. Robertson was my Hibs MotM

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I had a sore shoulder after my 9yr old daughter spent most of the game leaning her head against it. Despite that she still wants to come back for the next hibs kids game in early December. A true hibby - glutton for punishment!

Feed McGraw
26-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Williams, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern, Thomson and Robertson all did well. In Robertson's case that's despite playing out of position. Agree with some, but Thomson is too slow for me for the most part, and was that Hanlon getting nudged out the way AGAIN leading up to the 2nd goal ?

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Once we get a Chairman at the helm who is dynamic and challenges management and players to entertain and win, then it'll be kids and adults entertained.

We have one who accepts mediocrity and allows managers to stumble on without much demands placed on them.

Hibernian is an easy place to pick up a pay cheque without much hassle or indeed anyone on your back demanding results and success !

I agree, but will never happen as long as STF is involved

fatbloke
27-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Had kids with me today. however, got into a conversation with two women who were appalled at the cost of feeding the four kids they had with them. They reckoned they could have fed the four they had with them plus the three older ones they had at home for the same price as it cost them for the four they had with them today. Sadly I had to agree with them, completely disgracefu pricing structure akin to those other robbin barstewards you find in airport departure lounges, railway stations and British holiday camps. Sadly at ER and others it's take it or leave it and the clubs/providers know this. On days like today when we lose it just adds up to a terrible experience - no wonder so many stay away. After being outed as the most expensive day out in the SPFL it would appear the club do not mind this tag as nothing has changed - as I said makes for a horrible experience. BTW i had a chap with me who supplies wholesale foods to all types of shop etc and he reckons what Hibs sell for £7.50 is produced at a cost of £1.85 - beggars belief. another example of rip off Scotland and rip off football e.g. merchandise and all round prices. Rant over.

fatbloke
27-10-2013, 12:30 AM

Sadly some fans are like this the ones who try to defend the indefensible e.g. today's performance.

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Had kids with me today. however, got into a conversation with two women who were appalled at the cost of feeding the four kids they had with them. They reckoned they could have fed the four they had with them plus the three older ones they had at home for the same price as it cost them for the four they had with them today. Sadly I had to agree with them, completely disgracefu pricing structure akin to those other robbin barstewards you find in airport departure lounges, railway stations and British holiday camps. Sadly at ER and others it's take it or leave it and the clubs/providers know this. On days like today when we lose it just adds up to a terrible experience - no wonder so many stay away. After being outed as the most expensive day out in the SPFL it would appear the club do not mind this tag as nothing has changed - as I said makes for a horrible experience. BTW i had a chap with me who supplies wholesale foods to all types of shop etc and he reckons what Hibs sell for £7.50 is produced at a cost of £1.85 - beggars belief. another example of rip off Scotland and rip off football e.g. merchandise and all round prices. Rant over.

went down to stand in quite a large queue 5 mins before HT, stood in said queue for over 15 mins, still only half-way nearer the front of the queue than when i joined it, decided it was a bad idea and got back in my seat just as the teams were coming out for the 2nd half...a horrible experience indeed, and as for they prices...sheer profiteering :bitchy: ****** terrible service, i really feel sorry for parents with 2/3 kids all wanting to go to the football

SouthamptonHibs
27-10-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm wi the original poster on this one, I can't remember the last nine game I enjoyed...We are pish

Hibeesforever
27-10-2013, 07:15 AM
This thread, in my opinion, is the biggest threat to the continued reign of the very financially competent Chairman, Mr Rod Petrie. He is a very affable gentlemen and in conjunction with the current shareholder, Sir Tom Farmer, worked extremely well to genuinely provide world class football playing and training facilities.
However, it is a disgrace that myself and my two Hibs Kids had to decide whether to miss the end of the first half or the beginning of the second.......this was because we selfishly wanted to purchase some half time food. We missed the start of the second and had to again offend fellow Hibees by asking them to stand up....we had to apologise to them; it was not our fault for being late back!
It staggers me and I am seriously apoplectic after another horrendous halftime experience.
Mr Petrie does know how hard it is to get children to attend Hibernian matches. The home defeats and lack of goals makes that clear.
Why, why, why does the Hibernian football club not just have a man selling a big tray of pies and a roaming bovril vendor ? To have to queue and then see the inefficient way food is assembled is an embarrassment.
Do not tell me that it is the only way to structure the process!
Another joke and systematic of an evident malaise is that there was still a poster saying the direct debit season tickets had to be registered by 1st April 2013. Another joke-should some manager of this area not just have taken this advertisement down on the second of April ?
I told one of the many stewards that for these reasons, his job was soon going to be changed to selling bovrils and pies. He surprisingly agreed.....
A Sunday morning rant but from little things big things can grow. I just want Hibernian football Club to realise its potential.
I am going to write again to the Director of pie distribution......

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Never mind boring the bairns, watching this ***** is making me lose the will tae live. Still if the bairns have been misbehaving you could threaten tae take them every week, that'll soon sort the out. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Not as boring as the last Hibs Kids day but still poor stuff for the bairns.
To make matters worse my granddaughter missed out on her pizza once again. The North Lower run out at the last game and today for a change I took her to my usual spot in the West. Just to make sure she didn't miss out on what unfortunately tends to be the highlight of the day for her, this time we nipped out just before the half time whistle and joined the a queue containing around 20 people. 25 minutes later we reached the counter and yes you've guessed it , no pizza left.
Thankfully I only use the rip off catering on these Hibs Kids days and now I can understand why people start getting up 10 mins before half time to join the queue.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM
they seriously need more hands behind they counters, couple of mins short of 30 ****** mins waiting in the east

Billy Whizz
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
they seriously need more hands behind they counters, couple of mins short of 30 ****** mins waiting in the east

The people beside me went down on 40 mins. They came back with food on 57 mins.
That took 5+4 mins stoppage time + 15 min interval + 12 min 2nd half = 36 mins.

Was there a meeting today with Lindley Catering pre match?

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-12-2013, 08:59 PM
My daughter asked for something to eat at half time. I looked at the queues in the east stand and said i'd get her something after the game. The positive, at last she got to see a Hibs goal this season.

mutley
07-12-2013, 09:53 PM
My daughter asked for something to eat at half time. I looked at the queues in the east stand and said i'd get her something after the game. The positive, at last she got to see a Hibs goal this season.

It was truly ridiculous, it's the first time I've not managed to get anything at half time. Hibs really need to sort that out

Steve-O
07-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I can't believe anyone, kids or not, is prepared to queue for ages waiting on that crap.

Get the kids a chippy on the way hame!

Andy74
07-12-2013, 10:09 PM
It doesn't help when you have to tell them your order five times.

Alfred E Newman
07-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I can't believe anyone, kids or not, is prepared to queue for ages waiting on that crap.

Get the kids a chippy on the way hame!

The half time scran breaks the monotony for the youngsters.

FranckSuzy
07-12-2013, 10:27 PM
The people beside me went down on 40 mins. They came back with food on 57 mins.
That took 5+4 mins stoppage time + 15 min interval + 12 min 2nd half = 36 mins.

Was there a meeting today with Lindley Catering pre match?

No, due to the Dan McMichael ceremony, it was thought it would be better to cancel it and hold it another day :aok:

zlatan
07-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Move them back into the south upper like the old days. Even when the game was rotten the pre-pubescent squeal of 'Hibees' was great entertainment.

Swedish hibee
08-12-2013, 12:52 AM
I can't believe anyone would give their children the "food" that is on sale a ER :dunno:

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 01:17 AM
I can't believe anyone would give their children the "food" that is on sale a ER :dunno:

:agree:

Rat ***** in a pie. What is it, 1.80 now or something?

Everything needs sorted, on and off the pitch, or more and more people will simply stop going.

Pete
08-12-2013, 01:26 AM
:agree:

Rat ***** in a pie. What is it, 1.80 now or something?

Everything needs sorted, on and off the pitch, or more and more people will simply stop going.

£2.30 actually. The pie I got today was obviously reheated. Rock hard, inedible crust and the paltry filling was burnt and tasteless.

Your last sentence is a bit over the top though.:tee hee:

Bristolhibby
08-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Compare this to White Hart Lane (was at the Spurs v Man U game last week), was a bit peckish about half way through HT, mentioned to the brother in law (Spurs ST Holder) that I'm popping out for a pie. Straight out, past the people drinking beer!?! I then had a choice of 3 or 4 catering outlets, chose the pies. 2nd in the queue, and I chose possibly the best balti pie I've ever had. Lovely fresh crunchy pastry, lots of good quality meat, back in my seat just before the 2nd half. Magic!

I see no reason why Hibs couldn't replicate this.

J

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 01:45 AM
£2.30 actually.

:dizzy:

It really is ridiculous though. When you're paying such a premium for something you can get out of ASDA/Tesco for around 50p, you expect it to at least be enjoyable to some degree.

If they can't make the food edible due to either cheap suppliers, or under staffed kitchens, you either slash the prices to make it fair, or you invest some of the money you're ripping off customers into better quality control.

Some clubs such as Killie for example prove that the right model can work. There's no reason why other clubs can't follow suit.

Anyway, i'm ranting over pies. A sign that it's getting quite early in the morning for me. :wink:

Pete
08-12-2013, 02:17 AM
:dizzy:

It really is ridiculous though. When you're paying such a premium for something you can get out of ASDA/Tesco for around 50p, you expect it to at least be enjoyable to some degree.

If they can't make the food edible due to either cheap suppliers, or under staffed kitchens, you either slash the prices to make it fair, or you invest some of the money you're ripping off customers into better quality control.

Some clubs such as Killie for example prove that the right model can work. There's no reason why other clubs can't follow suit.

Anyway, i'm ranting over pies. A sign that it's getting quite early in the morning for me. :wink:

Totally agree. I actually wish I had kept the pie I was served so I could attend that meeting with the caterers with evidence.

As we were leaving Ross County's ground there were lassies with trays of unsold pies offering them to us for free. They might be a smaller operation but it was a nice touch and they don't leave the fans feeling like total mugs.

mutley
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Totally agree. I actually wish I had kept the pie I was served so I could attend that meeting with the caterers with evidence.

As we were leaving Ross County's ground there were lassies with trays of unsold pies offering them to us for free. They might be a smaller operation but it was a nice touch and they don't leave the fans feeling like total mugs.

I remember that( even though it was the macaroni pies that no one buys) however even Ross county had a better selection on offer and the steak pie was great , loads of filling. How the hell do hibs get the catering so wrong, the food is crap and the service is truly appalling .

Sumner
08-12-2013, 11:14 AM
My wee girl cried. Didn't know she cared so much!

.. She wouldn't have cried had Fenlon still been manager though, eh.

matty_f
08-12-2013, 11:19 AM
It seems like a trivial complaint but getting something like the half time catering so badly wrong really detracts from the overall experience.
The food is grossly overpriced and often just gross. I am at the point where I refuse to buy anything from the kiosk. Shan service, shan food, shan prices, shan wait times. It's just brutal. There are no redeeming features.

happiehibbie
08-12-2013, 11:21 AM
I sat in the West today a small lad behind me was crying when Partick scored simply said to his dad " we never win and never score goals ' the dad tried to calm him down by saying we do score goals just going trough a bad spell Then the lad said am not crying because we are getting beat "my throat is sore" good change of direction from this 3 yr old sign him up

stu in nottingham
08-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I sat in the West today a small lad behind me was crying when Partick scored simply said to his dad " we never win and never score goals ' the dad tried to calm him down by saying we do score goals just going trough a bad spell Then the lad said am not crying because we are getting beat "my throat is sore" good change of direction from this 3 yr old sign him up

That's great! Obviously a laddie with moral fibre who will be a good Hibee. :)

hfc rd
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
It seems like a trivial complaint but getting something like the half time catering so badly wrong really detracts from the overall experience.
The food is grossly overpriced and often just gross. I am at the point where I refuse to buy anything from the kiosk. Shan service, shan food, shan prices, shan wait times. It's just brutal. There are no redeeming features.

Agree. The wait times are what does my head in! The teenagers that are serving are either painfully slow or they need a helping hand which they don't seem to get.

I'm_cabbaged
08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
.. She wouldn't have cried had Fenlon still been manager though, eh.

She would've refused to go :)

FranckSuzy
08-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I actually wish the catering was even worse than it is now, as maybe, just maybe, folk who take kids to the game would just refuse to let them buy anything. There were 4 kids along from me in the West that made about 5 trips to the catering stand and then everyone had to stand up to let them past and then again when they returned. I nearly had a coronary when one of them forgot the sauce and wanted out again....:rolleyes: :devil: Mind you, TBH, I was a tad 'delicate' after my Christmas night out on the Friday night which didn't really help my mood :wink:

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2013, 07:17 PM
:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall
On the plus side, I bought the kid a pizza before kick off so the whole day was not a wash out.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2013, 07:27 PM
the poor weans must think they are being punished

matty_f
21-12-2013, 08:11 PM
:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall
On the plus side, I bought the kid a pizza before kick off so the whole day was not a wash out.

£1.90 for a carton of Ribena. Liberty taking bassas!

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 02:41 PM
£1.90 for a carton of Ribena. Liberty taking bassas!

£2.20 for a bovril! Couldn't believe it - a steak pie and 2 bovrils =6.90 - I only had £7 odds on me - had to double check with the laddie that he ha definitely counted correctly.

Incredible.

ColintonHibs
22-12-2013, 03:20 PM
£2.20 for a bovril! Couldn't believe it - a steak pie and 2 bovrils =6.90 - I only had £7 odds on me - had to double check with the laddie that he ha definitely counted correctly.

Incredible.

Disgrace! Bovril shouldn't be more than £1.20. £1.50 at the absolute max. Haven't bought food/drink at the football in years. Sneak in my 49p blue juice from the shop on the corner lol

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Disgrace! Bovril shouldn't be more than £1.20. £1.50 at the absolute max. Haven't bought food/drink at the football in years. Sneak in my 49p blue juice from the shop on the corner lol

I never buy anything but had a bit of a hangover yesterday so had got up and went straight down to ER and panic bought!

lucky
22-12-2013, 03:41 PM
I bought a roll on sausage from the wee cafe on Albion Road before the game it was 75p with 10% discount for being a ST holder. Huge difference between inside and outside the stadium

Nakedmanoncrack
22-12-2013, 11:10 PM
If kids are being forced to watch this current Hibs team then surely they have suffered enough, at least if prices are prohibitive & queues excessive they may be spared the risks of clogged arteries, heart attacks etc which are surely the inevitable result of a'Hibs catering diet' ? I say well done to Petrie in this instance.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-12-2013, 11:15 PM
If kids are being forced to watch this current Hibs team then surely they have suffered enough, at least if prices are prohibitive & queues excessive they may be spared the risks of clogged arteries, heart attacks etc which are surely the inevitable result of a'Hibs catering diet' ? I say well done to Petrie in this instance.

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 11:51 PM

My bet is that the price of salad is so extortionate that they choose the pizza.

yeezus.
23-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Stranraer fans were in shock at the quality of our pies - Hibs catering makes Stair Park seem like Buckingham palace!

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Stranraer fans were in shock at the quality of our pies - Hibs catering makes Stair Park seem like Buckingham palace!

Do they not have Greggs the bakers in Stranraer?!

Hibercelona
23-12-2013, 07:54 AM

Aye, well done to Petrie for selling over priced ***** at Easter Road. I'm sure he did it with fans health in mind. :rolleyes:

Hibby Bairn
23-12-2013, 08:03 AM
I bought a roll on sausage from the wee cafe on Albion Road before the game it was 75p with 10% discount for being a ST holder. Huge difference between inside and outside the stadium

Give them the gig. And support a local business.

Alfred E Newman
23-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Another highlight of my granddaughters latest visit was a trip to the club shop to spend her pocket money. Very difficult considering 3 plastic Christmas tree baubles were on sale for a staggering £8.

yeezus.
23-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Do they not have Greggs the bakers in Stranraer?!

No mate, the best thing we have is a Subway!

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Oh well. At least one positive for the wee lassie tonight is the fact that there are no more Hibs Kids specials this season.
I would actually scrap them as they must be scarring these kids for life!