PDA

View Full Version : McPake

Onion
26-10-2013, 05:18 PM
IMHO the only good thing that came out of today was JMcP's performance and him getting through a good 90 mins. Well done and welcome back :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 05:24 PM
IMHO the only good thing that came out of today was JMcP's performance and him getting through a good 90 mins. Well done and welcome back :thumbsup:

Can't argue with that. Dominated Zola and produced a great block to stop us going behind:agree:

Brightside
26-10-2013, 05:24 PM

He got through 90 mins. But body language wasnt good 2nd half. For a guy who is great with his head its a shame we can't use him in set pieces.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 05:42 PM
He got through 90 mins. But body language wasnt good 2nd half. For a guy who is great with his head its a shame we can't use him in set pieces.

Talk me through their 2nd goal.

Brightside
26-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Talk me through their 2nd goal.

Hanlon was shoved off the ball. Wasnt strong enough, and should have stayed goal side of him rather than rushing in. Poor from Hanlon. :na na:

hibee_girl
26-10-2013, 05:47 PM
He did okay but he never looked comfortable to me, he was diving into challenges as if to prove himself. He was at fault for their 2nd goal too.

Brightside
26-10-2013, 05:49 PM
He did okay but he never looked comfortable to me, he was diving into challenges as if to prove himself. He was at fault for their 2nd goal too.

His ability to head a ball that is only 5cm off the ground is something special tho!

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Hanlon was shoved off the ball. Wasnt strong enough, and should have stayed goal side of him rather than rushing in. Poor from Hanlon. :na na:

And with wee Gordon in the stands, that wont have done your bet any good. :whistle:

skipster7
26-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Second goal irrelevant really, great block but as said above body language a bit iffy. Didnt seem commanding for me unfortunately and dominated when vernon came on. Hopefully settles down before Wednesday

Brightside
26-10-2013, 05:54 PM
And with wee Gordon in the stands, that wont have done your bet any good. :whistle:

To be fair he got plenty practice today with us deciding to play with no guts in midfield. He's on the list - dont you worry!

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:54 PM
His ability to head a ball that is only 5cm off the ground is something special tho!

This.

WTF was that all about?

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 05:55 PM
To be fair he got plenty practice today with us deciding to play with no guts in midfield. He's on the list - dont you worry!

:faf: Thats the last thing i'm doing. :greengrin

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Can't argue with that. Dominated Zola and produced a great block to stop us going behind:agree:

Watch the game again. Zola won every aerial challenge first half against McPake. Hanlon and Tudor Jones took over marking Zola second half, a striker who will give better defences than ours trouble, IMO.

DaveF
26-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Watch the game again. Zola won every aerial challenge first half against McPake. Hanlon and Tudor Jones took over marking Zola second half, a striker who will give better defences than ours trouble, IMO.

No he didn't. He won a few but you will when you are his size, but no way was McPake dominated in the way you suggest.

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 09:32 PM
No he didn't. He won a few but you will when you are his size, but no way was McPake dominated in the way you suggest.

Yes he did.

This could go on a while :agree:

Hiber-nation
26-10-2013, 09:34 PM

:agree:

Zola was the worst player on the park. The sheep fans were ecstatic when he was subbed.

Bishop Hibee
26-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Thought he played ok for first full game back. The defence isn't the problem, it's the lack of width and pace going forward that has been an issue for 4 seasons now :grr:

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 10:43 PM

There were people round me suggesting that Zola had a step ladder on his erse the amount of time he got above Zola. OTJ spent the whole fame standing in front of him not just the 2nd half.

DAVE1875
26-10-2013, 11:46 PM
This.

WTF was that all about?

He obviously thought "Well if Graham bloody Stack can do it..."

Thecat23
27-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Thought he done ok. Great block that was going to be a certain goal. But second half after we used all the subs he as toiling. He shouted to Fenlon he's struggling with cramp bad. Fenlon shrugged his shoulders as he used all our subs. James is clearly not fit and he should be anywhere near ready to play 90 mins. If have played Forster if he's fit or even put McGivern in with Hanlon.