PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon - What will it take for him to finally get punted?

Pages : [1] 2

DJ HIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:05 PM
If it wasn't for Pat actually being quite a likeable guy, I am sure that the majority of the support would have turned on him by now.

What will it take before he is actually punted?

I can't honestly see how people believe we are actually improving. Our style of play is horrendous and 9 goals in 11 SPL games is simply not good enough. Even when we win a game (apart from St Mirren) it is usually more by luck than design.

On paper we have a decent enough squad and I am confident a good manager would have us playing much better, scoring more goals and much higher up the league

Onceinawhile
26-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I Think he will be punted should we not make the top 6. I highly doubt he will go before that. Especially as after a round of fixtures we are Sitting sixth.

If we can avoid the annual post Christmas slump, he will probably get til the end of the season. Then thanks and goodbye.

dl33
26-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Pat clearly had an eye on Wednesdays game by giving Vine and Collins half an hour but you have to focus on the game your playing. Should have left Heff on....poor from Pat.

DJ HIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I Think he will be punted should we not make the top 6. I highly doubt he will go before that. Especially as after a round of fixtures we are Sitting sixth.

If we can avoid the annual post Christmas slump, he will probably get til the end of the season. Then thanks and goodbye.

That's what I really hate about the split, people & the board allow you to think that simply being in the top 6 is acceptable. 6th in a 12 team is mediocre at best and when you take Hearts & Rangers out the equation, it is simply not good enough.

Keith_M
26-10-2013, 05:10 PM
At the moment, we're distinctly average. That's enough for those who run the club so I don't see him getting punted any time soon.

2 home league wins in 2013 - and 9 league goals in our first 11 games. IMHO, that's not exactly form to get the crowds turning up at ER.

However, they would probably have to fall significantly futher to be affecting Rod's Financial Flow Charts before he did anything about it.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:12 PM
He won't be punted.

We won't be relegated so it makes financial sense to let him see out the season.

Sad really. And to think some of Fenlons defenders on here couldn't wait to put the boot into Tony Mowbray during the week. I know who i'd rather have as manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:12 PM

What an achievement, 6th in a league devoid of Sevco and including the worst Hearts team ever. Show the man the door.

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 05:13 PM
He doesnt deserve the sack for today...a bit hysterical, no?

DJ HIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:13 PM
He won't be punted.

We won't be relegated so it makes financial sense to let him see out the season.

Sad really.

And that's what really hacks me off, this season shouldn't be written off like that. Someone who has actually got a clue could have us so much better than what we are.

fatbloke
26-10-2013, 05:14 PM
A few more days like today. A loss on Wednesday.

Eyebleeding stuff today. No pace. No will to win. No or very little skill. Every second pass backwards. Not enough attempts at goal. Constantly give the ball away. Totallyabsolutely******horrible94minutes. Consistently the worst Hibs side I have watched in my 52 years of watching.

DJ HIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:15 PM

He deserves the sack for what has been largely a very poor tenure in charge. This is his own team and yet he still plays not to lose every week rather than playing to win.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2013, 05:16 PM

He deserves the sack for not being very good, the abysmal performances under the man continue to mount in the most part.

archiebald
Heffernan was injured,went over to bench an indicated groin I think had gone

Viva_Palmeiras
If it wasn't for Pat actually being quite a likeable guy, I am sure that the majority of the support would have turned on him by now.

I can't honestly see how people believe we are actually improving. Our style of play is horrendous and 9 goals in 11 SPL games is simply not good enough. Even when we win a game (apart from St Mirren) it is usually more by luck than design.

On paper we have a decent enough squad and I am confident a good manager would have us playing much better, scoring more goals and much higher up the league

Him to take charge of the decks on Wednesday and play The Taxman...

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 05:19 PM

I can't see him getting punted.We've got an excellent squad of players that'll keep him in a job til his contract is up. His continued misuse of our most influential ones, namely Craig & Robertson will stop us from achieving anything this season.

I honestly wonder sometimes if he is actually watching the game or if he is sat playing Candy Crush on his iPad on the bench. His decision making is embarrassing and the football we play is turgid.

Any game we win is usually marginal & our performances under him over the last 2 years have been consistently poor:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
26-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Hopeless - his time's up. Again/still.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 05:22 PM

He deserves the sack for the fact we've been at best bang average and consistently pish for his entire reign.

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 05:25 PM

No.

He does however deserve the sack for today and every day before today.

Scraping the odd 1-0 doesn't change my opinion of Fenlon. Even if we do scrape a 1-0 against the teenagers on Wednesday, I will still want him to go.

Golden Bear
26-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Fenlon footie oot, the beautiful game in.

SkintHibby
26-10-2013, 05:29 PM
The only way Pat would get sacked is if we faced relegation and that is not going to happen. He's here for the rest of the season folks!:agree:

B.H.F.C
26-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Easter Road isn't going to be a happy place until he's left.

Had a wee chuckle at him getting upset with the reporter when interviewed on the radio. Wants more credit because that's only 2 defeats in 10. Well I'll counter that, Pat, with 2 home league wins this year. Utter, utter garbage.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Fenlon footie oot, the beautiful game in.

Fenlon footie out, Williamson footie in would be a slight improvement.

Keith_M
26-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Fenlon joined Hibs on 25th November 2011. It'll be his 2nd Anniversary as Hibs manager in one month's time.

He now has us up to the heady heights of 6th in the league (with no Rangers or Hearts to compete with) and scoring an average of just under one goal per game.

The money made from two Cup Finals has probably at least partly offset the poor home crowds. What happens now is purely down to how things play out financially.

Gatecrasher
26-10-2013, 05:35 PM
And that's what really hacks me off, this season shouldn't be written off like that. Someone who has actually got a clue could have us so much better than what we are.
Makes this season a complete waste of time :agree:, we will always be an average boring to watch team under Fenlon, time to move on IMO.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Makes this season a complete waste of time :agree:, we will always be an average boring to watch team under Fenlon, time to move on IMO.

We played well against St Mirren though.

Thought i'd get there before Fenlons few remaining fans do.

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2013, 05:39 PM
taken a dump in Petries morning Cuppa?

Keith_M
26-10-2013, 05:41 PM
We played well against St Mirren though.

Thought i'd get there before Fenlons few remaining fans do.

Where's Andy when you need him

:greengrin

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 05:41 PM
2 years in charge is plenty time to show your stuff. The nature of Scottish football means that most sides replace at least half their squad each season so it's not as if we are playing catch up as very team is starting with a relatively blank canvas.

He's put his stamp on the team, unfortunately that stamp is tactical naïveté poor football & consistent poor performance

Heisenberg
26-10-2013, 05:42 PM
If/when we get papped out the scottish cup early or start drifting towards 11th.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Toasting another progressive defeat with a bottle of Veuve Cliquot?

Hiber-nation
26-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Aberdeen showed us up for what we are - completely devoid of pace and creativity. In between yawning, I worked out that they probably had 6 players faster than our fastest. Plus they all looked far more comfortable on the ball.

We keep papering over the cracks but today was a perfect example of where Hibs are now under Pat Fenlon and it's not a good place to be.

Scottie
26-10-2013, 05:52 PM
He deserves the sack for what has been largely a very poor tenure in charge. This is his own team and yet he still plays not to lose every week rather than playing to win.

Hit the nail on the head for me DJ

Thats why Easter Road is half empty every single week

rcarter1
26-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Aberdeen showed us up for what we are - completely devoid of pace and creativity. In between yawning, I worked out that they probably had 6 players faster than our fastest. Plus they all looked far more comfortable on the ball.

We keep papering over the cracks but today was a perfect example of where Hibs are now under Pat Fenlon and it's not a good place to be.

This is my take. Pace is a real teamwide problem. If we were in general able to get around the pitch faster we would find it a lot easier to create chances. Heffernan made a joke on Hibs TV about Liam Craig not making him enough chances. Collins in spite of his late miss is no doubt thinking the same. (Not only in relation to Liam of course).
Unfortunately Zoubir, the man we thought could make the difference, has neither the pace or awareness to do so.

However, beat Hearts on Wednesday, get to Hampden once or twice, and we may have funds for a signing or two over Midseason window.

Sudds_1
26-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Hit the nail on the head for me DJ

Thats why Easter Road is half empty every single week

actually.........that's quite impressive on those weeks we're away fae home :devil:

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 06:02 PM

:tee hee:

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 06:04 PM
i honestly can't find the words to describe that performance by us today, went from left...to right...to forward a bit...to left...back the way...PUNT...appalling football, embarrassed in our own backyard YET AGAIN, by **** visiting fans must love coming to Easy road, having a good sing-song and watch there team p@sh aw oor the 'home' team

make no mistake, only one team wanted to win that game today...and the sheepies got exactly what they deserved

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 06:08 PM

Agreed.

How or why he didn't address the shortage of pace and wide players this summer is beyond me.

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 06:10 PM
This is my take. Pace is a real teamwide problem. If we were in general able to get around the pitch faster we would find it a lot easier to create chances. Heffernan made a joke on Hibs TV about Liam Craig not making him enough chances. Collins in spite of his late miss is no doubt thinking the same. (Not only in relation to Liam of course).
Unfortunately Zoubir, the man we thought could make the difference, has neither the pace or awareness to do so.

However, beat Hearts on Wednesday, get to Hampden once or twice, and we may have funds for a signing or two over Midseason window.

Zoubir does have pace and awareness. It's Fenlon that doesn't have the awareness to play him properly.

He's our only play maker, but gets played in the most stupid position.

Steve20
26-10-2013, 06:12 PM
He has been terrible as our manager. Hopeless. However, he's going nowhere until the end of the season so we may as well accept it.

Beefster
26-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Fenlon joined Hibs on 25th November 2011. It'll be his 2nd Anniversary as Hibs manager in one month's time.

He now has us up to the heady heights of 6th in the league (with no Rangers or Hearts to compete with) and scoring an average of just under one goal per game.

The money made from two Cup Finals has probably at least partly offset the poor home crowds. What happens now is purely down to how things play out financially.

He's taken us from 9th on his appointment with Rangers and Hearts to 6th without Rangers and Hearts. How anyone can claim that that isn't progress is beyond me.

Emerald
26-10-2013, 06:17 PM
He has been terrible as our manager. Hopeless. However, he's going nowhere until the end of the season so we may as well accept it.

Agree with that. It's so frustrating watching Hibs under him and I can't stand anymore of it. He will get to the end of the season but if he is our manager next season I'm out. That type of gutless, inept, boring, laboured football should not be associated with Hibs. How people can still have faith that Fenlon is the answer is beyond me.

MotherSuperior
26-10-2013, 06:18 PM
There seems to be no strategy to go out and proactively attempt to beat teams. Instead it appears that we set up to be difficult to beat (which we're not really) and hit teams on the break, which seems fundamentally flawed as we have no pace, and also don't defend fantastically. We play with zero bravery in the belief that we can outplay the opposition. He is a s.hitebag end of story. I genuinely want Kenny shiels as manager.

leggeto

what I was going to say,his contract won't be renewed prob unless he wins a cup or maybe does a demolition job on them

Hibby 2005

Perfectly, if depressingly, summed up.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Not quite but about to start on a nice wee Malbec.

Today was awful largely. Bad mistake from Stevenson but we didn't do enough to win. We had enough attacking players out there but it wasn't good.

Fenlon will know himself we need to win home games to gave any chance of being close to where we want to be. Many more days like today and he won't have any complaints being removed from his job.

Aberdeen were good without having to be really. Pace in wide positions. I know Fenlon has talked about it but I think he has left his job at risk not dealing with it better by now. Zoubir looks like he's been told to stop taking folk on! So different from his sub appearances early on.

Big game Wednesday now.

Yuillsy
26-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Doing his post match interviews and meeting the fans in hospitality!!!!! :-)

Emerald
26-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Today was awful largely. Bad mistake from Stevenson but we didn't do enough to win. We had enough attacking players out there but it wasn't good.

Fenlon will know himself we need to win home games to gave any chance of being close to where we want to be. Many more days like today and he won't have any complaints being removed from his job.

Aberdeen were good without having to be really. Pace in wide positions. I know Fenlon has talked about it but I think he has left his job at risk not dealing with it better by now. Zoubir looks like he's been told to stop taking folk on! So different from his sub appearances early on.

Big game Wednesday now.

Very good summary :aok:

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2013, 06:22 PM

Agreed. We aren't that much better than Hearts, only more experienced.

greenlex
26-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Zoubir does have pace and awareness. It's Fenlon that doesn't have the awareness to play him properly.

He's our only play maker, but gets played in the most stupid position.
Where?

greenpaper55
26-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Agreed.

How or why he didn't address the shortage of pace and wide players this summer is beyond me.

He's no had enough time according to some on here !, mediocrity is good enough for those in charge so nothing will change as they will put a spin on todays result as one loss in how many ?. This will take years to pan out as anyone that had a clue what a half decent team the supporters deserve would have changed things long ago.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2013, 06:29 PM
We got done today by a better team. Was it just me, or did we seem to be reticent to actually get forward? Back passes when a forward pass should have been the only option? Might just be me being paranoid but st least twice in the second half Zoubir had the chance to beat his man but he stopped and checked back, almost like he had been told not to take men on.

Emerald
26-10-2013, 06:31 PM
We got done today by a better team. Was it just me, or did we seem to be reticent to actually get forward? Back passes when a forward pass should have been the only option? Might just be me being paranoid but st least twice in the second half Zounir had the chance to beat his man but he stopped and checked back, almost like he had been told not to take men on.

Or shoot :confused:

skipster7
26-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Big game Wednesday now.

Said same at the game, bizzare really because if hes not doing that hes not bringing anything else to the party.

Captain Trips
26-10-2013, 06:32 PM
PF isnt good enough by a long stretch 2yrs on and we have progressed barely. Wasted time, wasted appointment and wasted money.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd like a journalist to just flat out ask him "Why after two years in charge, are Hibs absolutely mind-numbingly boring to watch, Pat?"

Andy74
26-10-2013, 06:36 PM
PF isnt good enough by a long stretch 2yrs on and we have progressed barely. Wasted time, wasted appointment and wasted money.

Not really true. We were genuine relegation material when he arrived. Soft top to bottom.

He has done a lot to improve the quality of the squad and looks like he has some better characters around the club now. He also seems to be working on some of the longer term stuff like scouting and coaching.

However, we need to be seeing a bit more one especially at home.

I just don't think its helpful to say we haven't progressed or not by much. We have. We are now disappointed not be closer to second instead of worrying about going down.

flash
26-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Not really true. We were genuine relegation material when he arrived. Soft top to bottom.

He has done a lot to improve the quality of the squad and looks like he has some better characters around the club now. He also seems to be working on some of the longer term stuff like scouting and coaching.

I just don't think its helpful to say we haven't progressed or not by much. We have. We are now disappointed not be closer to second instead of worrying about going down.

He has improved a lot of things about the place but the one thing he has consistently failed to do is produce a team worth watching.

He has to go.

Love the Green
26-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I can't see him getting punted.We've got an excellent squad of players that'll keep him in a job til his contract is up. His continued misuse of our most influential ones, namely Craig & Robertson will stop us from achieving anything this season.

I honestly wonder sometimes if he is actually watching the game or if he is sat playing Candy Crush on his iPad on the bench. His decision making is embarrassing and the football we play is turgid.

Any game we win is usually marginal & our performances under him over the last 2 years have been consistently poor:agree:

Sorry cant believe I am reading this, even with a pathetic manager "EXCELLENT" players should be able to pass to team mates, have pace and move aftre they pass the ball instead of standing still, win tackles, createt chances takee throw ins and deliverer corners to decent areas not into the keepers hands.
Fed up reading about the good squad we have, who never deliver

"keep the faith!

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 06:43 PM

What position were we in the league when Fenlon arrived.

Makaveli
26-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I've heard people say we can't fairly expect him to compete with Motherwell and Inverness because McCall and Butcher have been there so long.

Tell me then, why can't we compete with Aberdeen? How can they be so much better than us with near-identical resources and a manager who's had far less time?

How can anyone view the last two years and say the rate of progress is even remotely acceptable? Fenlon is painfully out of his depth and he's dragging our club down with him; we're drowning in tedious mediocrity.

That said, come Wednesday we'll beat the worst Hearts team in history and this place will be all "Well done, Pat! Go, Pat! We told them so, Pat! We love you, Pat!" .... Such is football.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 06:46 PM
the players today were indeed rather pedestrian, inept, 2nd to every ***** baw, no movement(same as pedestrian i guess) :( the ball was a hot potato

Keith_M
26-10-2013, 06:46 PM

We're not relegation material. After two years in charge. Should we order the open top bus now?

I agree with your assesment of Fenlon's qualities and I see that is necessary. I just don't think he's got what it takes where it matters.

Emerald
26-10-2013, 06:48 PM
I've heard people say we can't fairly expect him to compete with Motherwell and Inverness because McCall and Butcher have been there so long.

Tell me then, why can't we compete with Aberdeen? How can they be so much better than us with near-identical resources and a manager who's had far less time?

How can anyone view the last two years and say the rate of progress is even remotely acceptable? Fenlon is painfully out of his depth and he's dragging our club down with him; we're drowning in tedious mediocrity.

That said, come Wednesday we'll beat the worst Hearts team in history and this place will be all "Well done, Pat! Go, Pat! We told them so, Pat! We love you, Pat!" .... Such is football.

I really really want to win which goes without saying but he's had a knack o getting these results especially in cups that keep him in a job.

Pete
26-10-2013, 06:51 PM
the players today were indeed rather pedestrian, inept, 2nd to every ***** baw, no movement(same as pedestrian i guess) :( the ball was a hot potato

Agree. We looked slower than them all over the park. We also looked slower in the head too and its as if we were always one move behind them.

A mixture of slow players and tactics that slow everything down.

kentao
26-10-2013, 06:54 PM
If the unthinkable happens i want him gone Thursday morning. Really had enough of his pish football. Look at Scotland with a change of manager the same could happen with hibs. We have a decent squad but are being setup wrong.

Onion
26-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Agree with that. It's so frustrating watching Hibs under him and I can't stand anymore of it. He will get to the end of the season but if he is our manager next season I'm out. That type of gutless, inept, boring, laboured football should not be associated with Hibs. How people can still have faith that Fenlon is the answer is beyond me.

Unless he wins THAT cup or has a miraculous transformation, a lot of season ticket holders will be holding off until thy know who's in charge. At times today, I wondered when I least saw a more negative Hibs side.

GoldenEagle
26-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Unless he wins THAT cup or has a miraculous transformation, a lot of season ticket holders will be holding off until thy know who's in charge. At times today, I wondered when I least saw a more negative Hibs side.

I've never and suffered home and away with Miller

Jones28
26-10-2013, 06:57 PM
He's here until the end of the season. It would cost too much to sack him but we wont be relegated. Might as well get used to my eyes bleeding. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 06:58 PM

Nah, Fenlon can GTF tonight for all i care.

Wednesday is coming and i have a bad feeling about it. I am starting to wonder if i should bother turning up on Wednesday night, just like the players, some will and some won't, big night for our manager who i am starting to dislike now, more pish from him in his interview after the game, 'we didn't deserve to win the game, Aberdeen were the better team' piss off back to Ireland Pat as you are out of your depth here in the SPL.

And as for you ROD PETRIE, open your f***in eyes during our games and you will see how boring we are to watch.

Pissed of Hibs fan tonight, going up town later tonight, any Hibs player i bump in to tonight will get pelters from me. **** **** ****

HibbyAndy
26-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Watchin hibs is depressing..Its like watchin paint dry..No creativity no invention no skill and cant do the basics like control a ball..Those that think Fenlon is the man seriously need their head examined.

We are god awful and painful to watch

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm beginning to wish i'd gone to that St Mirren game now.

JimBHibees
26-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Watchin hibs is depressing..Its like watchin paint dry..No creativity no invention no skill and cant do the basics like control a ball..Those that think Fenlon is the man seriously need their head examined.

We are god awful and painful to watch

Cant disagree all the games seem to merge into a dull painful experience. They had a back four of Anderson, Reynolds and 2 young players plus a very average goalie and we never worked them at all which is a complete joke at home IMO. Collins should have started and we should have gone for it.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Cant disagree all the games seem to merge into a dull painful experience. They had a back four of Anderson, Reynolds and 2 young players plus a very average goalie and we never worked them at all which is a complete joke at home IMO. Collins should have started and we should have gone for it.

I'm sure Anderson lit up a cigar and passed it to Reynolds halfway through the 2nd half.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:10 PM
What position were we in the league when Fenlon arrived.

Are you going to pretend we weren't? I don't think our league position told the whole story at the time. We'd also just lost at home to the bottom club.

Emerald
26-10-2013, 07:11 PM

We've had bad teams over the years but I really can't remember a team that created so few chances. If he's the manager next season I will free myself from this regular torture and give up my season ticket, there is only so much you can take. Getting beat by better teams isn't my concern, its the pride, passion and willingness to try your best to win matches with a bit of entertainment that goes a long way. His teams have been terrible to watch peppered by a few good performances and in this league with his resources that just isn't good enough, for me anyway. Having said that we must win on Wednesday regardless of how we play. :agree:

Beefster
26-10-2013, 07:12 PM
He didn't get sacked after we were pumped 0-7 and then shown up by a bunch of toddlers. There's absolutely hee-haw chance of him being sacked, even if we get turned over on Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to it. Us not trying to score against a team that can't score. Should be a cracker.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Are you going to pretend we weren't? I don't think our league position told the whole story at the time. We'd also just lost at home to the bottom club.

You need to go out and get absolutely bladdered, then come back on here and let it all out.

greenlex
26-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I've heard people say we can't fairly expect him to compete with Motherwell and Inverness because McCall and Butcher have been there so long

Have you? Where about?

Beefster
26-10-2013, 07:16 PM

I don't think our league position now tells the whole story.

I like this just ignoring facts. It makes my arguments right by default.

Brightside
26-10-2013, 07:18 PM

We were rubbish today - totally rubbish. Flat, defensive and not enough effort. Aberdeen are not better than us - they just have a better attitude. Its Fenlon's job to get the best out of the players. I dont see that, and ive not seen that in the last two years. We just really boring to watch and really easy to play against. I honestly think that even Hearts could beat us at the moment.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:19 PM
You need to go out and get absolutely bladdered, then come back on here and let it all out.

I've given my take above. I'm not having that we weren't proper relegation material when he joined though. We were.

Beefster
26-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I've given my take above. I'm not having that we weren't proper relegation material when he joined though. We were.

Bizarrely, we got worse under Fenlon that season.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Bizarrely, we got worse under Fenlon that season.

Really?

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Earlier in the season (before our glorious unbeaten run) Pat himself has said that if he is not deemed to be the man to "take us forward" then he would accept the board's decision and go.

Does anyone on here (apart from Andy 74) think that Pat has "taken us forward" ?????

If so, how ?

Emerald
26-10-2013, 07:24 PM

You are correct of course about being relegation candidates when he arrived. But we were even deeper in the dodo after he arrived until the last game of that season when we beat Dunfermline before getting horsed by Hearts in the cup final.

Makaveli
26-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Have you? Where about?

Just this website I sometimes go on.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2013, 07:25 PM

My dug could manage this team better than Fenlon, get pissed andy and let it out, you know you want to.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Just this website I sometimes go on.

Adult Friendfinder ?!?!? :confused::greengrin:

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:28 PM
My dug could manage this team better than Fenlon, get pissed andy and let it out, you know you want to.

Please don't encourage him to get pissed BH - he might start waxing lyrical about Edwin De Graaf again !!!!

Thecat23
26-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Big game Wednesday now.

Ok You have hacked Andy's account haven't you? ;)

Andy hope you're sitting down, but that is a very good and honest post. Now any chance of going back to the other Andy as I have nothing to moan at now :D

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Agree. We looked slower than them all over the park. We also looked slower in the head too and its as if we were always one move behind them.

A mixture of slow players and tactics that slow everything down.

on the very few occasions that we had a breakaway(yep...the home team, and we rely on breakaways)we eventually had to pass the ball back anyway because the rest of the team were doing there usual midfield/defensive roles and took an age to get up the park in any numbers, still..at least Fenlon has made my will i,wont i decision to go on wednesday a whole lot easier...think i'l pass ta, the man just cant seem to get this team up for the games that really matter

Beefster
26-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Really?

Yup. IIRC, Fenlon only won two league games in his first four months.

Makaveli
26-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Adult Friendfinder ?!?!? :confused::greengrin:

Probably has less fannies on it than the one I meant. :wink:

on the very few occasions that we had a breakaway(yep...the home team, and we rely on breakaways)we eventually had to pass the ball back anyway because the rest of the team were doing there usual midfield/defensive roles and took an age to get up the park in any numbers, still..at least Fenlon has made my will i,wont i decision to go on wednesday a whole lot easier...think i'l pass ta, the man just cant seem to get this team up for the games that really matter

You should go if you can, mate. We haven't beat them enough recently but now they're so bad we can't fail to. Be a shame to miss it.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:33 PM

:tee hee:

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Yup. IIRC, Fenlon only won two league games in his first four months.

but painting the away dressing room... cmon, cracking manager!

DaveF
26-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Even by Fenlon's standards that was a game to kill the passion of even the most ardent Hibs fan.

Murder, Rubbish, Crap, Pish, Garbage, Dreadful are just some of the words I'd use to describe today's 'effort'.

Pat, do us all a favour and **** off.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 07:42 PM

You should go if you can, mate. We haven't beat them enough recently but now they're so bad we can't fail to. Be a shame to miss it.

oh trust me i did want to go, only recently started going back more regularly to games at ER, but PF is doing his damnest to force me to stop again :fuming: if fenlon wants to set up his home team to play in what's normally an away pattern...then i'l just keep going to the odd away game instead :( i've lost count of the interviews he's given now on how he can't understand how the players just don't seem to 'turn-up' , is there a serious psychological reason just why our players can appear to pick and choose on what games to make a damn effort ? :dunno:

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 07:43 PM

Just answer the question eh.

Brizo
26-10-2013, 07:43 PM
When Aberdeen got crosses into our box there were 3 or 4 of their players in there to aim for. When we got crosses into there box you were lucky if there were 1 or 2 of our players in there. Summed up for me how cautious PF is. As the home team coming off the back of a very good display against Celtc , confidence should have been sky high and the fighting qualities of last week carried on but added to with an emphasis on trying to play some positive attacking football. We got neither.

I cant see us getting any better under Pat. Its a vicious circle of periods of apparent improvement followed by periods of disorganised disaster and its as predictable as its frustrating. Theres no sign to me of us coming out of that vicious circle.

He's had the time. He's had the backing of the Board. He's had excellent backing from the support who despite some of the eye bleeding hoofball have given him very little abuse.

Pat comes across as a thoroughly decent guy but I just think the SPFLs a step too far for his limited tactical ability. I agree he'll be here for the rest of the season because he will deliver mid table mediocrity and as far as im concerned that's our Boards ambitions met.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Earlier in the season (before our glorious unbeaten run) Pat himself has said that if he is not deemed to be the man to "take us forward" then he would accept the board's decision and go.

Does anyone on here (apart from Andy 74) think that Pat has "taken us forward" ?????

If so, how ?

Tick tock........I'm still waiting ! :hmmm:

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Really?

Really

Aldo
26-10-2013, 07:57 PM
He didn't get sacked after we were pumped 0-7 and then shown up by a bunch of toddlers. There's absolutely hee-haw chance of him being sacked, even if we get turned over on Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to it. Us not trying to score against a team that can't score. Should be a cracker.

Beefster that last paragraph is quality btw. Had a giggle at that

Spike Mandela
26-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Whilst recognising a little bit of progress has been made regards the team since Pat took over I have never been convinced by arguments that we have a team that should challenge for second this year. We have a very ordinary team and are generally very dull to watch apart from the occasional 30 mins or so here and there.

The team is packed with very ordinary players and some players who are lucky to still be earning a living at SPL level.

It is likely that Pat is here for the season but defeat to Hearts on Wed might just be curtains for the wee man.

hibbymick
26-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I'd like a journalist to just flat out ask him "Why after two years in charge, are Hibs absolutely mind-numbingly boring to watch, Pat?"

Surely this has been asked before at the fans meeting.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Hibs Aberdeen

shots

4 11

on target

0 6

corners

6 7

Fouls

8 11

couldn't even win the Foul count......WIMPS !!!!! :gun:

Andy74
26-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Ok You have hacked Andy's account haven't you? ;)

Andy hope you're sitting down, but that is a very good and honest post. Now any chance of going back to the other Andy as I have nothing to moan at now :D

Yeah much more of that at home and I'll be happy to accept we need to change things. The Zoubir thing worries me a bit. We are great a knocking the football out of certain players but it looks like he's been told to play a bit safer. No point him being there if he can't go and do his thing.

Anyway, on to the next game. A biggy now.

Thecat23
26-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah much more of that at home and I'll be happy to accept we need to change things. The Zoubir thing worries me a bit. We are great a knocking the football out of certain players but it looks like he's been told to play a bit safer. No point him being there if he can't go and do his thing.

Yeah fully agree, doesn't look the same player who ran at players freely when he arrived. Few players were even raving about him. Like you say, no point in him being here if he's going to be restricted.

Wed is massive, I still think we'll win to be honest but we need a performance against a shocking Hearts team that would be joint bottom regardless of the -15.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah fully agree, doesn't look the same player who ran at players freely when he arrived. Few players were even raving about him. Like you say, no point in him being here if he's going to be restricted.

Wed is massive, I still think we'll win to be honest but we need a performance against a shocking Hearts team that would be joint bottom regardless of the -15.

If we lose can I borrow a pitchfork ?

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Just go round to the main entrance after the game Andy. I'm sure someone will lend you one :wink:

Onion
26-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Whilst recognising a little bit of progress has been made regards the team since Pat took over I have never been convinced by arguments that we have a team that should challenge for second this year. We have a very ordinary team and are generally very dull to watch apart from the occasional 30 mins or so here and there.

The team is packed with very ordinary players and some players who are lucky to still be earning a living at SPL level.

It is likely that Pat is here for the season but defeat to Hearts on Wed might just be curtains for the wee man.

Nothing will happen to Fenlon now. Petrie knows if we sack him before the Jan window, any new manager will want some money - can't have that. Sadly we've got to stomach this for the whole season, win or lose on Wed. All we can do is make the most of the crumbs off Petrie's table.

While better than Calderdud, Fenlon is another poor quality manager. Neither time nor money will change that.

Captain Trips
26-10-2013, 08:16 PM

I think it is true, it is barely, it is a pathetic amount of progress in 2yrs. Not helpful to stick with him.

Thecat23
26-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Don't think for one mine I'm giving you mine :D

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't think for one mine I'm giving you mine :D

You could offer him one of your mines though :greengrin

Aldo
26-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I thought that being a professional footballer meant that you went out and expressed yourself showing the fans or others your talents and what you can give to the game.

My concern is that PF his reigned in some of the players talent/ability and asked them to play in a more withdrawn role if you like, which makes them more negative.

Sorry if Zoubir has the ability to beat a man then the ball should be played into an area ie feet, where he can attack the opposing team, preferably in the final 3rd.

I don't think PF knows how to let the players express themselves and is scared to play attacking game.

leggeto
26-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I think it is true, it is barely, it is a pathetic amount of progress in 2yrs. Not helpful to stick with him.

I want to keep giving him a chance but the more I think about it,he keeps getting poor teams to finals and euro qualifying,humped in all of them but he did get us there,I get the feeling we will get to another final and prob lose again and rod will say boy did well here's another contract

Thecat23
26-10-2013, 08:28 PM
You could offer him one of your mines though :greengrin

:D

IWasThere2016
26-10-2013, 08:28 PM

You don't like it when facts get in the way of the story you want to tell, Andy.

Fenlon has had two years, made umpteen signings - been well backed by the Board - and we are rotten. Absolutely rotten.

Aldo
26-10-2013, 08:30 PM

I'm going to set up a website selling pitchforks. Cheap as like mates rates and .net discounts maybe even

B1g1F

Andy74
26-10-2013, 08:31 PM
You don't like it when facts get in the way of the story you want to tell, Andy.

Fenlon has had two years, made umpteen signings - been well backed by the Board - and we are rotten. Absolutely rotten.

Are you saying it's not a fact that we were relegation candidates??

Bobby's Cinema
26-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Yeah much more of that at home and I'll be happy to accept we need to change things.The Zoubir thing worries me a bit. We are great a knocking the football out of certain players but it looks like he's been told to play a bit safer. No point him being there if he can't go and do his thing.

How many more years do you need? 2 home wins in 2013. This is awful stuff

Thecat23
26-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I thought that being a professional footballer meant that you went out and expressed yourself showing the fans or others your talents and what you can give to the game.

My concern is that PF his reigned in some of the players talent/ability and asked them to play in a more withdrawn role if you like, which makes them more negative.

Sorry if Zoubir has the ability to beat a man then the ball should be played into an area ie feet, where he can attack the opposing team, preferably in the final 3rd.

I don't think PF knows how to let the players express themselves and is scared to play attacking game.

I'm going to echo what a player said to me a few weeks ago. "He's came from a part time league and looks like he can't step up." Now he wasn't having a go he was genuinely concerned Pat wasn't the man for the job. I asked him if that was the general feeling in the dressing room, he said "it's my opinion but one or two others do feel the same."

I think the players want him to do well but it does seem he's limiting players and their qualities. A pro footballer wants to do the best he can and express himself. Some managers hold teams back from achieving the best they can. We have a good SPL side who could do so much better with a manager who knows how to handle players better.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2013, 08:34 PM
When Aberdeen got crosses into our box there were 3 or 4 of their players in there to aim for. When we got crosses into there box you were lucky if there were 1 or 2 of our players in there. Summed up for me how cautious PF is. As the home team coming off the back of a very good display against Celtc , confidence should have been sky high and the fighting qualities of last week carried on but added to with an emphasis on trying to play some positive attacking football. We got neither.

I cant see us getting any better under Pat. Its a vicious circle of periods of apparent improvement followed by periods of disorganised disaster and its as predictable as its frustrating. Theres no sign to me of us coming out of that vicious circle.

He's had the time. He's had the backing of the Board. He's had excellent backing from the support who despite some of the eye bleeding hoofball have given him very little abuse.

Pat comes across as a thoroughly decent guy but I just think the SPFLs a step too far for his limited tactical ability. I agree he'll be here for the rest of the season because he will deliver mid table mediocrity and as far as im concerned that's our Boards ambitions met.

This.

I could go on a page long rant about how Tom Kite the whole thing is, but all I can really think to say is Sack Pat Fenlon NOW !!!

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 08:37 PM
He's no had enough time according to some on here !, mediocrity is good enough for those in charge so nothing will change as they will put a spin on todays result as one loss in how many ?. This will take years to pan out as anyone that had a clue what a half decent team the supporters deserve would have changed things long ago.

Everyday he'll have a game at training and have to play someone wide. Who plays there then? It stares him in the face. How the f&@# did he feel we had enough? 4 months he had to find wide players & he only got off his arse when Harris got injured. Signed Zoubir then plays him through the middle:confused:

Aldo
26-10-2013, 08:38 PM
How many more years do you need? 2 home wins in 2013. This is awful stuff

As far as I'm concerned he's had his time and that was pre season and after the Malmo home drubbing.

Then against that lot at the PBS.

He has taken us as far as we can go IMHO and should of left after the SCF.

2 wins at ER in 2013 is unacceptable. Managers have been sacked for less.

trev the hat
PF is here til May min,(unfortunately) dont like his starting 11, nor his subs inc timing, at least 6 players should not be Hibs players, & I don't enjoy watching my team with him in charge. Completely out his depth IMO
See u Wed PAT

greenlex
Hibs Aberdeen

shots

4 11

on target

0 6

corners

6 7

Fouls

8 11

I dont believe the shots on target count for the Sheep. Other than pick the ball out the net for the goals Williams didnt have a save to make!!!!!

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I dont believe the shots on target count for the Sheep. Other than pick the ball out the net for the goals Williams didnt have a save to make!!!!!

What about the save just prior to McPake blocking a goalbound shot? :wink:

Mon Dieu4
26-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Today was the same as last week we set up not to get beat, understandable against Celtic and their millions but against Aberdeen its unforgivable

forget about the media hoohaa, they are pish , but the actually tried to attack today, we are so deviod of creatively it scares me senseless, no one looking to take responsibility or take anyone on

Decent squad. same shan tactics, cheerio Pat

GreenCastle
26-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Losing to the yams at Tynie was poor but if he loses on Wednesday at home in the QF of the cup then I like many others will be raging - will simply be not up to the job and even though he has improved some aspects - he would be failing in his job to manage our club.

If he wins...it gives him more time to turn things around...I don't care how we win...just WIN for the fans please!!!!

Though if he sets up not to loose and keep it tight we may suffer same fate as last game with the yams taking their chance.

DaveF
26-10-2013, 08:42 PM

I thought he saved the shot when their winger was clean through early 2nd half, which then lead to the McPake clearance?

Their stats are not important though. Our attacking stats are. 0 (that's none, nada, zilch) shots on target in the 2nd half. Maybe 1 from Heff in the 1st though it was maybe going wide?

greenlex
What about the save just prior to McPake blocking a goalbound shot? :wink: Ok one. :greengrin

Pretty Boy

The McPake block
A free kick Williams gathered comfortably
A looping header Williams gathered easily
The 1st goal
THhe 2nd goal

There's 5. I don't believe it's beyond the realms of possibility there was another that i've forgotten.

cabbageandribs1875

williams had a couple of saves to make :confused: Langfield had one save to make....from a player in his own team ;(

Billy Whizz
Hibs Aberdeen

shots

4 11

on target

0 6

corners

6 7

Fouls

8 11

And how bad were our corners

greenlex
26-10-2013, 08:46 PM
The McPake block
A free kick Williams gathered comfortably
A looping header Williams gathered easily
The 1st goal
THhe 2nd goal

There's 5. I don't believe it's beyond the realms of possibility there was another that i've forgotten.Since when did headers become shots?

Aldo
26-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm going to echo what a player said to me a few weeks ago. "He's came from a part time league and looks like he can't step up." Now he wasn't having a go he was genuinely concerned Pat wasn't the man for the job. I asked him if that was the general feeling in the dressing room, he said "it's my opinion but one or two others do feel the same." I think the players want him to do well but it does seem he's limiting players and their qualities. A pro footballer wants to do the best he can and express himself. Some managers hold teams back from achieving the best they can. We have a good SPL side who could do so much better with a manager who knows how to handle players better.

I mentioned that I wasn't going to come on here tonite but couldn't resist temptation. TC if this is true then we really are screwed.

I've watched Hibs since the 70's and have watched some very poor Hibs teams but I've never seen a team that lacks in such negativity going forward as this one.

We've always had guys that could turn it on, even In the poor teams but I get the impression that the likes of Craig and Robertson are told to okay in a certain way and that's that.

PF has had his time and for me his time has been and gone. Full support until he is replaced it his contract runs to an end but by the time the season ends we will end up with the Lower section if the FF for home fans and the Lower for away.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 08:47 PM

This the SPFL. As the money is so bad here, every club clears out more than half their team every year and starts with a nearly blank canvas.

He's had 4 transfer windows & signed nearly 30 players!!:confused:

What's worse is that we has signed some crackin players but we are still utter torture to watch. He has no idea what to do with them.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 08:48 PM
And how bad were our corners

i was going to say just as bad as our throw-in's...it's a toughie to decide which part of our set-play's are the worst :(

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Since when did headers become shots?

For the purposes of stats headers on target are counted as shots on target. I think you know that though.

Winston Ingram
26-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm going to echo what a player said to me a few weeks ago. "He's came from a part time league and looks like he can't step up." Now he wasn't having a go he was genuinely concerned Pat wasn't the man for the job. I asked him if that was the general feeling in the dressing room, he said "it's my opinion but one or two others do feel the same."

I think the players want him to do well but it does seem he's limiting players and their qualities. A pro footballer wants to do the best he can and express himself. Some managers hold teams back from achieving the best they can. We have a good SPL side who could do so much better with a manager who knows how to handle players better.

I'm pretty sure every dressing room in Europe have at least 2 or 3 dissenters.

Saying that, I agree with him:agree:

IWasThere2016

We went backwards under PF in his first season. FACT. We were in a 4 horse race when he came and finished in a 2 horse race.

NAE NOOKIE
I cant believe the negativity on this board ...... in 10 years time PF will have proved us all wrong and the 500 folk who still watch Hibs will be able to say ................ I told you so !!!

Bostonhibby
26-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Unless he actually eats Petries hamster he is safe until xmas I feel.
Lose to the crap version of the yam youth team wednesday and it might be different.

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 09:03 PM
I cant believe the negativity on this board ...... in 10 years time PF will have proved us all wrong and the 500 folk who still watch Hibs will be able to say ................ I told you so !!!

And Rodders will be saying "Those damn fools should never have doubted my master plan".

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Unless he actually eats Petries hamster he is safe until xmas I feel.
Lose to the crap version of the yam youth team wednesday and it might be different.

Perhaps we could shave the tash off in Petries sleep and frame Fenlon for it? :pray:

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2013, 09:07 PM

When you look at the way McInnes has transformed a rank Aberdeen side in only 4 months , the progress under Fenlon is poor to say the least.
We are harder to beat but are no more than a mid table side that is dire to watch.

Feed McGraw
26-10-2013, 09:31 PM
When you look at the way McInnes has transformed a rank Aberdeen side in only 4 months , the progress under Fenlon is poor to say the least.
We are harder to beat but are no more than a mid table side that is dire to watch. I`m really not so sure that we`re " harder to beat " either.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 09:44 PM
We are harder to beat but are no more than a mid table side that is dire to watch.

You could have said the same about us same time last year though. Sustaining it is an issue when you have to rebuild almost every year now.

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 09:47 PM
You could have said the same about us same time last year though. Sustaining it is an issue when you have to rebuild almost every year now.

Not an issue for smaller clubs through that cosistantly finish above us season after season.

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Even by Fenlon's standards that was a game to kill the passion of even the most ardent Hibs fan.

Murder, Rubbish, Crap, Pish, Garbage, Dreadful are just some of the words I'd use to describe today's 'effort'.

Pat, do us all a favour and **** off.

In a nutshell for me, utterly hopeless IMO

Feed McGraw
26-10-2013, 10:10 PM
You could have said the same about us same time last year though. Sustaining it is an issue when you have to rebuild almost every year now. Well maybe YOU could have said the same Andy, I dont think many others would. Come on man, enough already with this constant defence of the indefensible - its getting a bit tiresome.

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 10:13 PM

What position were we in when he arrived.

marinello59
26-10-2013, 10:29 PM

We were watching god awful football played with no real discernible system by players who should have been producing much more than they were. Whereas now we are ...... Oh fill the rest in yourself.

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 10:30 PM
We were watching god awful football played with no real discernible system by players who should have been producing much more than they were. Whereas now we are ...... Oh fill the rest in yourself.

Still not the answer i am looking for though. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
26-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Thank **** his contract is up at the end of the season :flag:

Makaveli
26-10-2013, 10:35 PM
9th at moment of Fenlon's appointment: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2011-2012/table/2011-11-23

Still 9th going into the weekend when he first took charge: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2011-2012/table/2011-11-27

Looks like 10 of 11 teams got more points than us from then until the end of the season.

edit to add final table: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2011-2012/table

greenlex
26-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Not an issue for smaller clubs through that cosistantly finish above us season after season.
No they don't.

Hibercelona
26-10-2013, 11:04 PM
No they don't.

Are you just saying that for the sake of saying it?

Crossgates Hibs
26-10-2013, 11:09 PM

I want him asked what his style of play is? There is no vision or a style associated with us under Mowbray and Collins we knew what we would be getting and what the game plan was. I still have no idea how Pat wants us to play and sadly neither does he.

greenlex
26-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Are you just saying that for the sake of saying it?
Nope. Motherwell apart the last couple of seasons nobody has consistently finished above us. Teams do finish above us obviously but it's not the same ones consistently. Sometimes we even take a turn and finish behind the old firm. Honest we do.

Ray_
26-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Nope. Motherwell apart the last couple of seasons nobody has consistently finished above us. Teams do finish above us obviously but it's not the same ones consistently. Sometimes we even take a turn and finish behind the old firm. Honest we do.

It will be some progress when we regularly finish above teams with far inferior budgets than Pat has.

HibeeHendo
26-10-2013, 11:14 PM
If we get beat off Hearts under 17s on Wednesday then surely fan power will see him out. He's a nice guy but he's way out of his depth. I don't think I'll ever understand his tactics. We can't play this narrow and expect a player like Collins to score. No width means no crosses.

Emerald
26-10-2013, 11:20 PM
If we get beat off Hearts under 17s on Wednesday then surely fan power will see him out. He's a nice guy but he's way out of his depth. I don't think I'll ever understand his tactics. We can't play this narrow and expect a player like Collins to score. No width means no crosses.
We have to win on Wednesday at all costs even if it means Pat is saved again. I think he has until the end of season but I am hating his tenure, hating it!

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 11:40 PM

but at the same time a pro footballer also knows how to pass a ball to a player in the same team...and also how to trap/hold on to a ball when he receives it, i'm starting to dislike our manager a lot but there's just some things we can't blame him for...PRO footballers should at least play like a professional for at the very LEAST 90 mins per week, if they don't like the pittance of a wage they get then they can do one, slack somewhere else instead of HFC...i'm tired and weary listening to PF say in interviews that some players didn't turn up today :(

Baader
26-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Fully expect Hibs and Fenlon to part ways at the end of the season and rightfully so if it happens. I like him and think he knows a player but the football is awful and we all know a manager worth their salt would have us 2nd or 3rd in what is a distinctly weak league. Very disappointing

Pete
27-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Up until about two years ago everyone was saying things like this:

"We can't defend"

"We're soft as *****"

"What's the point of all this attacking football if we don't win?"

"Soft underbelly, time for a change in culture"

People have short memories. Under Mowbray, who inherited an excellent group of youngsters that Williamson and park were responsible for, we couldn't defend for toffee. Well organised teams ripped us apart at the back time and time again but we were lucky because we had so much going forward (like Whittaker and Murphy who used to leave gaping holes which were partly responsible for the leaked goals). People were moaning all the time about our weaknesses at the back.

That culture continued and eventually turned into something ugly until Pat Fenlon was brought in to turn it around, which he certainly did. After that hearts cup final I never heard anyone mention anything about "entertainment". All we talked about was getting rid of the soft underbelly and laddish culture while becoming hard to beat. Plugging the gaps was the main priority then we would take it from there once the change in culture was firmly established.

People say Pat has had two years but realistically, he has had one. The first one was about putting out fires as far as I'm concerned. People are now forgetting how they felt only a short time ago, are getting frustrated and using words like "hate" constantly when talking about Pat and his tenure. This might be all Pat is capable of but it's worth remembering what we needed at the time. We needed pragmatism and solidity to stop the rot and we certainly did and I can understand why he was hired. If his task was to steady the ship and leave a legacy for a new man to come in then he will have succeeded in my opinion.

I don't think he'll be kept on but I will certainly recognise his his role in turning us round from one of our darkest hours.

This is our manager and some of the stick he has been getting has been pretty nasty and the language used increasingly vitriolic. We shouldn't be treating any of our own like that. People really should take a step back and look at what they shout at the match and what they post and ask if it's fair, proportional or if its helping the cause.

I hope he signs off with a trophy because he deserves one.

hibsbollah
27-10-2013, 04:44 AM

"We can't defend"

"We're soft as *****"

People have short memories. Under Mowbray, who inherited an excellent group of youngsters that Williamson and park were responsible for, we couldn't defend for toffee. Well organised teams ripped us apart at the back time and time again but we were lucky because we had so much going forward (like Whittaker and Murphy who used to leave gaping holes which were partly responsible for the leaked goals). People were moaning all the time about our weaknesses at the back.

That culture continued and eventually turned into something ugly until Pat Fenlon was brought in to turn it around, which he certainly did. After that hearts cup final I never heard anyone mention anything about "entertainment". All we talked about was getting rid of the soft underbelly and laddish culture while becoming hard to beat. Plugging the gaps was the main priority then we would take it from there once the change in culture was firmly established.

People say Pat has had two years but realistically, he has had one. The first one was about putting out fires as far as I'm concerned. People are now forgetting how they felt only a short time ago, are getting frustrated and using words like "hate" constantly when talking about Pat and his tenure. This might be all Pat is capable of but it's worth remembering what we needed at the time. We needed pragmatism and solidity to stop the rot and we certainly did and I can understand why he was hired. If his task was to steady the ship and leave a legacy for a new man to come in then he will have succeeded in my opinion.

I don't think he'll be kept on but I will certainly recognise his his role in turning us round from one of our darkest hours.

This is our manager and some of the stick he has been getting has been pretty nasty and the language used increasingly vitriolic. We shouldn't be treating any of our own like that. People really should take a step back and look at what they shout at the match and what they post and ask if it's fair, proportional or if its helping the cause.

Very good post :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
27-10-2013, 05:19 AM
He makes Alex Miller look like Alex Ferguson, the man is aweful

The Voice Of Reason
27-10-2013, 06:29 AM

If so, how ?

Still no takers ?!?!

Says it all...........:dunno:

SouthamptonHibs
27-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Very good post :agree:

Disagree, uncle pat has been in charge for two of our worst ever defeats in over 135 years, the man is out of his depth, our football is awful ps when was the last time we scored three goals in a game,I'm ducked if I now

Aldo
27-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Still no takers ?!?! Says it all...........:dunno:

He's taken us as far as he can IMHO and needs to realise this.

I will say that he has taken us forward and has taken 2 years to get rid of the Hughes/Calderclown era. However not that far forward.

I really do think he's out of his depth, even in this league. We are too negative and instead of bringing in a dozen DCM he needed to bring in a bit of more pace and more forward thinking players.

At the most he's here until the end of the season but there is no way, in my mind, regardless if we win anything, that he should get a new contract.

jeffers
27-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Under Pat Fenlon I now look forward to away games (I only attend home ones) as it gives me a break from watching the eye-bleeding dross his team plays. My memory may be failing me but I attended home and away when Alex Miller was the manager and I genuinely don't remember being as bored watching Hibs as I am now.

Beefster
27-10-2013, 06:48 AM

Fenlon couldn't sustain it past December last season though which kind of makes your point moot.

So far this season, you've used the 'wait until we get the new players into the team', the 'we're very early into our season so can't compete with teams who've played a couple of games more', the 'he has to rebuild every year', the 'we got to cup finals', the 'he's doing valuable work behind the scenes', the 'he can't compete with managers who have been there longer', the 'new managers get a bounce so we can't compare with Fenlon' and the 'injuries' excuses. That's just off the top of my head, there's probably a few more.

There comes a point where the responsibility for us being pretty mediocre and absolutely dire to watch has to be Fenlon's, instead of trying to find a multitude of extenuating circumstances.

bingo70
27-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Imo It's inevitable he'll be leaving us at the end of the season at the latest but more likely sooner to go back to Ireland.

Why not just stop wasting everyone's time and get on with replacing him now.

Aldo
27-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Imo It's inevitable he'll be leaving us at the end of the season at the latest but more likely sooner to go back to Ireland.

This. If and if we don't win on Wed will the Fenlon must go chants start?

I believe he is a really nice guy but does he actually realise how negative we are when he watches the re runs in the week??

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 07:05 AM

This.

It won't cost a fortune to remove him now. A new manager might even make the money back by finishing 2 or 3 places higher up the table.

Crab apple
27-10-2013, 07:05 AM

"We can't defend"

"We're soft as *****"

Good post PD and a brave one given some of the anti Pat posts on here just now. I think Pat has made us harder to beat and we aren't as soft as we have been in the past. How many times did we go to Asbestos Land and get turned over 4-0 under Mowbray. How many abominations did we have as keepers under Mowbray. But and it is a big but I think he has failed to balance this toughness with some pace, width and creativity in the team. The toughness argument is also slightly undermined given the cup final defeat and the Malmo game which were both sackable offences in my opinion, just as I thought Hughes should have been punted after the 6-6 Motherwell game (another one where we had a very odd keeper performance). I think we'll end up 5th or 6th this year. I think we'll win on Wednesday and we might also get to the latter rounds of the Scottish again. Unless Pat wins us one of the cups I think he'll leave when his contract ends and Petrie will announce steady progress has been made etc etc before making his next appointment.

Aldo
27-10-2013, 07:09 AM
This. It won't cost a fortune to remove him now. A new manager might even make the money back by finishing 2 or 3 places higher up the table.

My only concern is that he'll get more dish in the Jan transfer window to bring in more DCM's. :-)

No really. We need pace and creativity and a manager that is going to allow the players to express themselves.

If we dont change then uncle Rodders will only have to open the lower section if FF for home support

Aldo
27-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Good post PD and a brave one given some of the anti Pat posts on here just now. I think Pat has made us harder to beat and we aren't as soft as we have been in the past. How many times did we go to Asbestos Land and get turned over 4-0 under Mowbray. How many abominations did we have as keepers under Mowbray. But and it is a big but I think he has failed to balance this toughness with some pace, width and creativity in the team. The toughness argument is also slightly undermined given the cup final defeat and the Malmo game which were both sackable offences in my opinion, just as I though Hughes should have been punted after the 6-6 Motherwell game (another one where we had a very odd keeper performance). I think we'll end up 5th or 6th this year. I think we'll win on Wednesday and we might also get to the latter rounds of the Scottish again. Unless Pat wins us one of the cups I think he'll leave when his contract ends and Petrie will announce steady progress has been made etc etc before making his next appointment.

Regardless if he wins one if the cups I cannot see how his contract will be renewed.

Gustavo Fring
27-10-2013, 07:11 AM
were stuck with him for the season . he's managed to scrape a few wins against the teams that are struggling . scraped a point against smeltic but we all know that on any other day the smellys would have put 4 or 5 past us and our offside goal would not have counted . the games against ICT and aberdeen have showed where we are really at - miles and miles behind them , almost in a different league .

surely even petrie isnt stupid enough to give him a new contract

EVENTUALLY
27-10-2013, 07:16 AM
I want him asked what his style of play is? There is no vision or a style associated with us under Mowbray and Collins we knew what we would be getting and what the game plan was. I still have no idea how Pat wants us to play and sadly neither does he.

A slow sideways to reverse passing style which is set by a desire to retain possession and prevent the opposition from getting the ball. Overall team shape is also defensive to avoid losing a goal thereby preventing a loss. Tempo is snail like especially straight from kick off to demonstrate ball retention via the side to backwards passing style and intended to give a perception of confidence amongst the players and deflate the opposition.

Sean Welsh should never have been allowed to leave, he is everything that we need in midfield and I believe that his naturally inclined style of forward play with good vision and excellent passing range would set a tone which would put us on the front foot in the middle of the park.

Fenlon is not the man to take Hibs forward. A hopeless manager without a clue of how to set up an attacking style of play and would far rather surround himself the likes of OTJ, Taiwo, Thomson, Claros, Deegan and stick Craig and Robertson on the wings were their natural instincts to move forward will not create an immediate problem if they lose possession.

Captain Trips
27-10-2013, 08:59 AM

Perhaps we were and a good manager would have pushed on yet we without doubt were in a relegation with PF as well he just basically continued were CC left off with a pathetic 5 wins in SPL for remainder of season keeping us near bottom.

At that point he worried me as I saw he wasnt up to it for me. He was responsible as well for us being relegation candidates and he is now responsible for possibly the most amount of fan apathy I have seen in a while.

Even writing off his first year in order to sort stuff we are still losing games we should be looking to win, no consitancy and bland boring football, this isnt progress for me yeah its better than CC but he isnt a standard marker. PF falls well short of what I and many think we are capable of.

We should be better than the pish we are watching PF is a failure.

keep the faith
27-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I hate watching hibs now. Thats the bottom line. Realised yesterday how often i look at the stadium clock this season. I actually dont care if technically he has improved the points we are gaining. Its the slowest most negative football i have ever seen at ER. And I travelled home and away in the lexo years!!!
We have one tactic. Avoid defeat and hope for a break. Thats why we have had a couple of decent results against celtic. When we need to open up we just cant do it.
I can only speak for myself in saying Im not renewing next year under Fenlon and a result on wednesday wont change that.
History will tell us that in the years the huns were out the league and the yams on their knees we spent money,kept it tight and settled for mid table. Absolutely unforgivable.
Look at the stands and the empty seats Rod. Progress?????

FranckSuzy
27-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I hate watching hibs now. Thats the bottom line. Realised yesterday how often i look at the stadium clock this season. I actually dont care if technically he has improved the points we are gaining. Its the slowest most negative football i have ever seen at ER. And I travelled home and away in the lexo years!!!
We have one tactic. Avoid defeat and hope for a break. Thats why we have had a couple of decent results against celtic. When we need to open up we just cant do it.
I can only speak for myself in saying Im not renewing next year under Fenlon and a result on wednesday wont change that.
History will tell us that in the years the huns were out the league and the yams on their knees we spent money,kept it tight and settled for mid table. Absolutely unforgivable.

:agree: Snap.

Emerald
27-10-2013, 10:07 AM

That is exactly where I am, I won't put myself through another season under him, I really can't stand anymore of it.

Makaveli
27-10-2013, 10:29 AM
That is exactly where I am, I won't put myself through another season under him, I really can't stand anymore of it.

I 100% won't renew if by some horrific twist he's still here, speaking as an ST holder for 16 of the last 17 years (genuinely couldn't afford it in 2010/11). TBH I'm getting to the stage where I might not renew if they stick with him until the end of the season. Everyone keeps saying it's obvious he's going but if it's that obvious then why is he still here?

If he's not good enough for a new contract, he isn't good enough to see out this one! We have over 70% of this season left. IMO it's disrespectful to the paying supporters if Fenlon and the club are knowingly just seeing out time.

Tyler Durden
27-10-2013, 10:39 AM

"We can't defend"

"We're soft as *****"

I quite often disagree with your posts and I couldn't disagree more with 99% of this.

Criticism of Mowbray is nonsense. Despite misgivings of keepers, weak defences etc, Mowbray finished 3rd then 4th in his 2 seasons in charge. The only teams above him spent at least double in wages so he really couldn't have done any more in terms of league placings/results.

"This culture continued" - what does this mean? Drivel.

You talk about the Hearts cup final - that was Pat Fenlons team! Look at the team he fielded, he'd learned absolutely nothing from 2 defeats to Hearts just months earlier. After the game Hibs players were out drinking in town - how does that sit with your views of him changing the culture?

The majority of fans (it would appear) can't wait for Fenlon to go yet we are all resigned to him staying the rest of this season. What would help the cause in my opinion is if we starting airing our views at the game and chanting for Fenlon to go. Why waste another season?

Beefster
27-10-2013, 10:43 AM
I 100% won't renew if by some horrific twist he's still here, speaking as an ST holder for 16 of the last 17 years (genuinely couldn't afford it in 2010/11). TBH I'm getting to the stage where I might not renew if they stick with him until the end of the season. Everyone keeps saying it's obvious he's going but if it's that obvious then why is he still here?

If he's not good enough for a new contract, he isn't good enough to see out this one! We have over 70% of this season left. IMO it's disrespectful to the paying supporters if Fenlon and the club are knowingly just seeing out time.

I'm in the same boat. I won't renew if Fenlon gets a new contract but I may not renew if Hibs keep him until the end of the season with the assumption that a new manager will keep ST sales up.

Emerald
27-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I quite often disagree with your posts and I couldn't disagree more with 99% of this.

Criticism of Mowbray is nonsense. Despite misgivings of keepers, weak defences etc, Mowbray finished 3rd then 4th in his 2 seasons in charge. The only teams above him spent at least double in wages so he really couldn't have done any more in terms of league placings/results.

"This culture continued" - what does this mean? Drivel.

You talk about the Hearts cup final - that was Pat Fenlons team! Look at the team he fielded, he'd learned absolutely nothing from 2 defeats to Hearts just months earlier. After the game Hibs players were out drinking in town - how does that sit with your views of him changing the culture?

The majority of fans (it would appear) can't wait for Fenlon to go yet we are all resigned to him staying the rest of this season. What would help the cause in my opinion is if we starting airing our views at the game and chanting for Fenlon to go. Why waste another season?

This is the frustrating thing, the VAST majority of fans are about ready to throw in the towel but there seems to be no visible sign of this at the games. I don't know what needs to happen to get him out. A win on Wednesday keeps the show on the road and he gets more time. I don't want us to lose but when and how do we get shot of him and end this torture?

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 10:45 AM
He'll be here until the end of the season and his contract winnae be renewed, tae be sacked Petrie would have tae admit he's made a **** of it again and that winnae happen

cleanyman
27-10-2013, 10:48 AM
I didn't like his comments after the game yesterday.

Reporter was spot on with one particular question he asked.

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 10:49 AM

Reporter was spot on with one particular question he asked.What did he say and what was the question?

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Good post PD and a brave one given some of the anti Pat posts on here just now. I think Pat has made us harder to beat and we aren't as soft as we have been in the past. How many times did we go to Asbestos Land and get turned over 4-0 under Mowbray. How many abominations did we have as keepers under Mowbray. But and it is a big but I think he has failed to balance this toughness with some pace, width and creativity in the team. The toughness argument is also slightly undermined given the cup final defeat and the Malmo game which were both sackable offences in my opinion, just as I thought Hughes should have been punted after the 6-6 Motherwell game (another one where we had a very odd keeper performance). I think we'll end up 5th or 6th this year. I think we'll win on Wednesday and we might also get to the latter rounds of the Scottish again. Unless Pat wins us one of the cups I think he'll leave when his contract ends and Petrie will announce steady progress has been made etc etc before making his next appointment.

We don't lose 4-0 at Tynecastle anymore. Instead we only lose 1-0 to plooky virgin teenagers instead. What an improvement eh?

All this pish about us being harder to beat. Where does it actually come from? We're still sloppy in defence and have been very forunute against some teams that just had no composure in front of goal.

All the opposition team needs is a bit of composure in front of goal, and they have the 3 points against us. Because we certainly aren't going to worry them up the other end.

Beefster
27-10-2013, 10:52 AM

This is part of the reason that I don't get why everyone thinks he's a "good guy" from his interviews. I'm sure he is a good guy but his interviews are a combination of fantasy, spin and blaming the players.

cleanyman
27-10-2013, 10:53 AM
What did he say and what was the question?

Paddy said we deserved to lose, reporter asked you've said this to me before this season, what's going wrong?

Pat said he was flabbergasted by that question.

Jim44
27-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Mid-table mediocrity won't be enough to persuade Petrie to alter his business plan and I still fear that it might even be enough for him to offer him a new one year contract. :-(

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Paddy said we deserved to lose, reporter asked you've said this to me before this season, what's going wrong?

It's because he can't give a direct answer to the question. Because he's incapable of seeing what 99% of us can see.

We can all see whats going wrong. Poor tactics, lack of pace, no sense of width. No urgency. Poor movement off the ball... etc

He just can't see it through. He just doesn't realize that this is far from good enough.

Dobosz83
27-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Yesterday, I was unable to attend the game due to family commitments. I also missed the Celtic game the week before and not going to Easter Road didn't bother me whatsoever on either occation.

I seen the result come through yesterday and I didn't feel anything. I figured I'd enjoy the rest of my day and catch up with the match report/forums this morning. I'm surprised by nothing I've read, it was all to be expected - under Fenlon, it's the same turgid pish week after week and it's being going on for far too long. 0-7 to Malmo was the final straw for me and I'm utterly amazed he remains in charge. I appreciate he has this season left on his deal, but I didn't buy another season ticket to accept this season as a write off. He should be out the door.

Going to watch Hibs is a truly awful experience these days and there's no value for money. This looks like the season where I don't renew, unless someone comes in and has us playing even semi-attacking football. We resemble a rugby side. sideways, sideways, HOOF.

Sad times.

Winston Ingram
27-10-2013, 11:29 AM

The worst thing is he seems to think we are doing well. He also said that he feels we aren't getting enough credit:confused:

Our fitbaw is bowfin and any game we win is by a fag paper. If there was ever a game that had all the hallmarks of a Fenlon win it was the Partick game.

:agree:

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 11:40 AM
The worst thing is he seems to think we are doing well. He also said that he feels we aren't getting enough credit:confused:

Our fitbaw is bowfin and any game we win is by a fag paper. If there was ever a game that had all the hallmarks of a Fenlon win it was the Partick game.

It's Blobby Williamson all over again.

Scraping a 1-0 at just the right moment, in order to buy more time.

Pat Fenlons current record is actually worse than BWs. But so were the records of the 3 incubents before him.

It just shows how far from grace we've fallin since JC left.

.Sean.
27-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Sack him. If i was as gash at my job as he is i'd find myself at the jobcenter, why should he be any different, because he's apparantly a 'decent bloke'?

snooky
27-10-2013, 11:45 AM
The only way Pat would get sacked is if we faced relegation and that is not going to happen. He's here for the rest of the season folks!:agree:

That's how I see it happening ..... with a 'Dear John' letter in May.

Personally, I think he's way past his sell-by-date.

Crab apple
27-10-2013, 12:08 PM
We don't lose 4-0 at Tynecastle anymore. Instead we only lose 1-0 to plooky virgin teenagers instead. What an improvement eh?

All this pish about us being harder to beat. Where does it actually come from? We're still sloppy in defence and have been very forunute against some teams that just had no composure in front of goal.

All the opposition team needs is a bit of composure in front of goal, and they have the 3 points against us. Because we certainly aren't going to worry them up the other end.

To answer your question. Not getting beat 4-0 at Asbestos Land is an improvement and Fenlon's record against the Yams is better that CC's BUT so what. If you read my post fully you'll see I say PF should have got the bullet after the cup final. He's not addressed the lack of pace, width and creativity. All if's and buts in your last paragraph. We are where we are. Results don't lie. We're sixth after the first quarter and that's where I think we'll be at the end of the season. It's an improvement but it's far from good enough. Fenlon will be here until season end and Petrie will probably appoint someone similar.

BH Hibs
27-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Thing with me is when guys ask me in the pub on a Friday night who we are playing and what our chances are I can never say with any confidence that we will win tomorrow even when fans of other teams expect us to win. I would never confidently tell anyone to put Hibs on their coupon anymore due to the type of football he has us playing. I wanted him out after the Motherwell game but thought he would get the first round of fixtures now after yesterday's performance it seems nothing has changed. Thanks for your efforts Pat but please go now.

Paisley Hibby
27-10-2013, 01:10 PM

Exactly. We were lucky it was only 2-0 yesterday, it could easily have been 4 or 5. Also. we never looked like scoring. Langfield won't have an easier game all season.

BH Hibs
27-10-2013, 01:14 PM
This harder to beat stuff also does my tits in. This is something you would expect from a newly promoted club not Hibs. Forget being harder to beat what's wrong with going out to win the ****inggame

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 01:21 PM
To answer your question. Not getting beat 4-0 at Asbestos Land is an improvement and Fenlon's record against the Yams is better that CC's BUT so what. If you read my post fully you'll see I say PF should have got the bullet after the cup final. He's not addressed the lack of pace, width and creativity. All if's and buts in your last paragraph. We are where we are. Results don't lie. We're sixth after the first quarter and that's where I think we'll be at the end of the season. It's an improvement but it's far from good enough. Fenlon will be here until season end and Petrie will probably appoint someone similar.

It's not an improvement. Other teams can get worse you know.

Are you trying to suggest that our current team is better than the team we had under Tony Mowbray, because we no longer lose 4-0 to the pink tramps?

PF isn't addressing anything and the board aren't addressing the person who is failing to address anything.

Therefore, nothing gets addressed and it's the same bog standard stuff season upon season.

Phil D. Rolls
27-10-2013, 01:23 PM

In fairness, every manager has the right to be flabbergasted by a meaningful question from a Scottish journalist. Pat was probably expecting to be asked about Jon Daly's hat trick, or Scott Brown's visit to Zurich.:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I very much doubt we will get turned over by the pauper poppy thieves on Wednesday but we really need to put on a dominant performance against the worst team in the league (ever?) but I seriously think that if we should somehow get beat then he will walk.

inglisavhibs
27-10-2013, 02:09 PM
This harder to beat stuff also does my tits in. This is something you would expect from a newly promoted club not Hibs. Forget being harder to beat what's wrong with going out to win the ****inggame
There is no lack of effort, we just don't have the players who can break any decent defence down. Like many posters I am at a loss to explain how he didn't address this in the summer. We are not sure to beat Hearts as they will sit back and we will struggle to get behind them. The problem now is that we don't have players who will solve the problem. It doesn't help playing Stevenson right back and Robertson wide right! The only positive is that a new manager would not need to make too any signings to make us a decent team. Assuming Harris comes back, we need another two decent wide midfielders with some pace and ability, a right back and maybe another striker.

williams

.? Nelson. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Harris/? Robertson. Craig/Thomson. ?

?
Heferman

Maybe a bit harsh on Collins as he may be better in a team with attacking wide players. These players with theright additions would compete for second.

Keith_M
27-10-2013, 02:30 PM
"....It stimulated a bit of a fightback from Hibs who had, until Aberdeen went ahead, looked to be simply holding out for a goalless draw."

Scotsman Report

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 02:36 PM
"....It stimulated a bit of a fightback from Hibs who had, until Aberdeen went ahead, looked to be simply holding out for a goalless draw."

Scotsman Report

But the media are all bias and out to get us remember.

Unless they say we're magnificant and capable of beating any team in the world, they're not being "impartial".

Diclonius
27-10-2013, 02:36 PM
If we lose at home in the League Cup - with Celic and Rangers both out - to Hearts kids who 1. are bottom of the table even without the 15 point decuction, 2. haven't won a single game away from home this season except on penalties and 3. are bar none the worst Hearts team in 30 years then..

Well, I don't even need to finish that.

lucky
27-10-2013, 02:38 PM
If we lose on Wednesday the pressure on him could finally push him out.

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Scotsman ReportThat could have been written for just about every game we've played this season.

Keith_M
27-10-2013, 02:42 PM
If we lose on Wednesday the pressure on him could finally push him out.

There was a poll on here before the league game against Hearts that said "Should Fenlon go if we lose to Hearts". 95% of voters said yes, but he's still here.

I think we over-estimate how much importance the feelings of the fans have in respect to Board decisions.

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 02:45 PM
There was a poll on here before the league game against Hearts that said "Should Fenlon go if we lose to Hearts". 95% of voters said yes, but he's still here.

I think we over-estimate how much importance the feelings of the fans have in respect to Board decisions.Indeed, they'll understand the fans feelings better when they stop handing over their hard earned money for this drivel.

Winston Ingram
27-10-2013, 02:46 PM
There is no lack of effort, we just don't have the players who can break any decent defence down. Like many posters I am at a loss to explain how he didn't address this in the summer. We are not sure to beat Hearts as they will sit back and we will struggle to get behind them. The problem now is that we don't have players who will solve the problem. It doesn't help playing Stevenson right back and Robertson wide right! The only positive is that a new manager would not need to make too any signings to make us a decent team. Assuming Harris comes back, we need another two decent wide midfielders with some pace and ability, a right back and maybe another striker.

williams

.? Nelson. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Harris/? Robertson. Craig/Thomson. ?

?
Heferman

Maybe a bit harsh on Collins as he may be better in a team with attacking wide players. These players with theright additions would compete for second.

I like you am utterly baffled as to why he didn't address this in the summer but I'd disagree we don't have the players. I purely put it's down his tactics and his flat midfield 4 and it's inability to support our front men.

Williams

Clancy/Stevenson, McPake, Hanlon, McGivern

Robertson, Thomson, Craig

Zoubir, Heffernan/Collins, Vine/Cairney/Stanton

greenlex
27-10-2013, 02:49 PM
It's because he can't give a direct answer to the question. Because he's incapable of seeing what 99% of us can see.

We can all see whats going wrong. Poor tactics, lack of pace, no sense of width. No urgency. Poor movement off the ball... etc

He just can't see it through. He just doesn't realize that this is far from good enough.He was rightly flabbergasted. He thought the question was unfair after the recent run of results however factual it was. He said we were not good enough and beaten by the better team. I also hate the style of play and the grinding out results but lets not slate the guy for not giving a direct answer FFS.
The tactics yesterday were the same as the Celtic game but the players were way off the urgency and pace needed.

HoboHarry
27-10-2013, 02:52 PM

I think we over-estimate how much importance the feelings of the fans have in respect to Board decisions.
I think you are partly correct there, every board listens to the feelings of the fans. However, I doubt very much that the Hibs board pay much attention to the core of noisy and emotional opinions of our resident drama Queens who come out in force on this site every time we lose.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 02:52 PM
I think you are partly correct there, every board listens to the feelings of the fans. However, I doubt very much that the Hibs board pay much attention to the core of noisy and emotional opinions of our resident drama Queens who come out in force on this site every time we lose.

What about drama queens like me who are here all the time?

HoboHarry
27-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone. Simply making the point that, as in all walks of life, people who shout and scream all the time end up being ignored eventually.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 02:56 PM
He was rightly flabbergasted. He thought the question was unfair after the recent run of results however factual it was. He said we were not good enough and beaten by the better team. I also hate the style of play and the grinding out results but lets not slate the guy for not giving a direct answer FFS.
The tactics yesterday were the same as the Celtic game but the players were way off the urgency and pace of the needed.

We've lacked urgency and pace since the start of the season. This isn't something that only applies to yesterdays game.

Managers should always be able to answer questions directly, when it's questions that concern the team.

Failure to do so would suggest that he simply doesn't have the answers.

I could have told you last week that yesterdays tactics were going to be the same as they were against Celtic. I also could have told you that they were never going to work.

greenlex
27-10-2013, 03:08 PM
We've lacked urgency and pace since the start of the season. This isn't something that only applies to yesterdays game.

Managers should always be able to answer questions directly, when it's questions that concern the team.

Failure to do so would suggest that he simply doesn't have the answers.

I could have told you last week that yesterdays tactics were going to be the same as they were against Celtic. I also could have told you that they were never going to work. It wasnt a question concerning the team though was it. The question was "Thats not the first time that you have had to say that this season is it?" It was asked when Pat had said that he thought we were not good enough to take anything out the game. That was an unfair and unmerited question after the run of results we were on. Pat thought so and said. I think so too. He wasnt avoiding the question was he? The answer to the question is "no its not". The sentiment is so ****ing what. The interviewer agreed it was unfair. Fair play to Pat for answering the way he did I say.

hibee_nation
27-10-2013, 03:32 PM
I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone. Simply making the point that, as in all walks of life, people who shout and scream all the time end up being ignored eventually.

I think some people overestimate their importance by mouthing off on here. The demonstration that never happened being a fine example. :blah:

Tyler Durden
27-10-2013, 04:57 PM
It wasnt a question concerning the team though was it. The question was "Thats not the first time that you have had to say that this season is it?" It was asked when Pat had said that he thought we were not good enough to take anything out the game. That was an unfair and unmerited question after the run of results we were on. Pat thought so and said. I think so too. He wasnt avoiding the question was he? The answer to the question is "no its not". The sentiment is so ****ing what. The interviewer agreed it was unfair. Fair play to Pat for answering the way he did I say.

Perfectly reasonable question. If Fenlon is saying (to paraphrase) the players didn't turn up/ get started - he has said that 2 or 3 times this season. So the question is why does that situation continue?

He's not got an answer because its a pathetic excuse and can't see that actually he is responsible.

Thecat23
27-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Perfectly reasonable question. If Fenlon is saying (to paraphrase) the players didn't turn up/ get started - he has said that 2 or 3 times this season. So the question is why does that situation continue?

He's not got an answer because its a pathetic excuse and can't see that actually he is responsible.

Exactly, the reason folk get upset or embarrassed by questions is usually when it exposes a weakness. Reporter only asking the obvious, Prob what I would have asked myself. Pat just admit you get it wrong most weeks and can't do the job. Then we can all get back to our normal lives :D

Crab apple
27-10-2013, 05:05 PM
It's not an improvement. Other teams can get worse you know.

Are you trying to suggest that our current team is better than the team we had under Tony Mowbray, because we no longer lose 4-0 to the pink tramps?

PF isn't addressing anything and the board aren't addressing the person who is failing to address anything.

Therefore, nothing gets addressed and it's the same bog standard stuff season upon season.

Other teams do get worse and I'd be delighted if this was the case as it would mean we have more chance of success. Surely that's what's happening with the Yams just now. I've never suggested PF's team is better than TM's, although you keep asking the question even after reading the posts. Maybe you are suggesting it was okay to lose regularly 4-0 to the pink tramps just because we largely played pretty football. Maybe you're a yam. And don't come out with guff about bigger budgets etc. We turned over the big huns regularly under Mowbray and also the plastics from time to time. Mowbray did many things right and I enjoyed watching the team, which hasn't been the case for some years. But he did have weaknesses - crap keepers, poor defensive organisation and a pretty poor record against the yams. For the third time let me make my position on PF clear - he should have been fired after the cup final. He wasn't and he'll be here until the end of the season. Petrie will spin this into 'thanks to Pat for giving us stability and steady progress etc.' And so the cycle begins again.

merritthibees
27-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I don't get all the moaning... We are picking up points ( very badly I agree, but never the less) we are top 6 as it stands just now... We arnt in the relegation fight! He has improved us! Regardless of how we play... He is their to get points and if the target set by Petrie is top 6 and we get top 6 then he should be kept in a job! If your not happy with top 6 being the target then look to Petrie!

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't get all the moaning... We are picking up points ( very badly I agree, but never the less) we are top 6 as it stands just now... We arnt in the relegation fight! He has improved us! Regardless of how we play... He is their to get points and if the target set by Petrie is top 6 and we get top 6 then he should be kept in a job! If your not happy with top 6 being the target then look to Petrie!

Just to inform you, we're now bottom 6.

merritthibees
27-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Just to inform you, we're now bottom 6.

Ahh ****... Get him sacked! Haha

Aldo
27-10-2013, 05:14 PM

You fishing here?? So if his target is top 6 and he makes it YOU think he should get a new contract.

He won't get a new contract and if he did I can almost guarantee that ST will more than half.

Petrie knows this.

So enough of Petrie what do YOU actually think. Do YOU think he should get a nee contract if he hits his target??

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2013, 05:17 PM

Is TQM not a director of an amateur dramatics' society - you could always join him ?

The Falcon
27-10-2013, 05:19 PM
He won't get a new contract and if he did I can almost guarantee that ST will more than half.

No they wont.

merritthibees
27-10-2013, 05:23 PM
You fishing here?? So if his target is top 6 and he makes it YOU think he should get a new contract.

Petrie knows this.

So enough of Petrie what do YOU actually think. Do YOU think he should get a nee contract if he hits his target??

Aww I would defo get a new man in... But what I'm meaning to put across is he shouldn't be sacked for hitting his targets! I'm not saying I'm happy with him... That's not the case at all! I want to see hibs up their competing with Celtic... But that's not going to happen... Regardless of the manager! And sacking him midway into a season is only going to make us worse! In my opinion! But yes... When his contract is up I think we should part company with him...

Moon unit
27-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Paddy out ...Mowbray in!..:wink:

merritthibees
27-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Paddy out ...Mowbray in!..:wink:

That would be quality... But will unfortunately never happen! We wouldn't be able to afford him now!

Aldo
27-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Aww I would defo get a new man in... But what I'm meaning to put across is he shouldn't be sacked for hitting his targets! I'm not saying I'm happy with him... That's not the case at all! I want to see hibs up their competing with Celtic... But that's not going to happen... Regardless of the manager! And sacking him midway into a season is only going to make us worse! In my opinion! But yes... When his contract is up I think we should part company with him...

Fair dos but tbh we should be aiming as high as possible every season but when you see the way the team plays it begs the question what sort of game plan PF has. He's also got another transfer window in Jan to bring in more players.

I don't think we can get any worse tbh. A new manager, new ideas and a few different players , ones with a bit of pace about them would make all the difference.

I think he'll be here until the end of his contract then the search for a new man begins.

Aldo
27-10-2013, 05:39 PM
No they wont.

Why not, you never know. I really think that folk will think twice about renewing or buying if PF remains as manager beyond his current contract.

HoboHarry
27-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Why not, you never know. I really think that folk will think twice about renewing or buying if PF remains as manager beyond his current contract.
Maybe but that's not even close to what you were saying with your original statement. How could anyone say with any accuracy that it was a near certainty that half would not renew? A wild sweeping statement at best with no evidence to support it. Or go ahead and prove your statement...

Aldo
27-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Maybe but that's not even close to what you were saying with your original statement. How could anyone say with any accuracy that it was a near certainty that half would not renew? A wild sweeping statement at best with no evidence to support it. Or go ahead and prove your statement...

Your right... Just a thought that I cannot prove and have no evidence of. Maybe should of said a decrease in ST sales rather than a sweeping statement .

You know what I mean though (or maybe you don't)

HoboHarry
27-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Your right... Just a thought that I cannot prove and have no evidence of. Maybe should of said a decrease in ST sales rather than a sweeping statement .

You know what I mean though (or maybe you don't)
Was there any real point to that daft little remark at the end? Or is that your way of making yourself feel better after having one of your posts challenged for accuracy?

seven nowt
27-10-2013, 05:51 PM
If we lose on Wednesday, at least there will be one positive outcome. A win only prolongs his time as manager before he is eventually sacked. The sooner the better - his cagey press conference really showed how under pressure he was. Pats been here for a long time now, had his transfer windows, his time to revive the club and only very marginal progress has been made. If we had another manager I believe a much bigger improvement would have been made. He's scraped through his time here and never has he had us playing football we really would look forward to seeing - yes we get results now and then but more often than not, we're embarrassing. And it's these cup runs that keeps him his job but realistically, I can't see us winning any cup even if we beat Hearts who we should be taking care of no problem but how can you feel confident with this *****? Tony Mowbray unemployed - a great manager and has proved it. At least we'd know to expect effective free flowing football.

Aldo
27-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Was there any real point to that daft little remark at the end? Or is that your way of making yourself feel better after having one of your posts challenged for accuracy?

Challenge away. Makes no difference. Not sure if you did or didn't know what I was meaning so I put that there.

Why do I need to make myself feel better. You didn't like what I posted, you corrected its accuracy and I replied.

Cropley10
27-10-2013, 05:58 PM
If we lose on Wednesday, at least there will be one positive outcome. A win only prolongs his time as manager before he is eventually sacked. The sooner the better - his cagey press conference really showed how under pressure he was. Pats been here for a long time now, had his transfer windows, his time to revive the club and only very marginal progress has been made. If we had another manager I believe a much bigger improvement would have been made. He's scraped through his time here and never has he had us playing football we really would look forward to seeing - yes we get results now and then but more often than not, we're embarrassing. And it's these cup runs that keeps him his job but realistically, I can't see us winning any cup even if we beat Hearts who we should be taking care of no problem but how can you feel confident with this *****? Tony Mowbray unemployed - a great manager and has proved it. At least we'd know to expect effective free flowing football.

How long did it take Derek McInnes to sort out Aberdeen, and have them pinging it about on the deck?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2013, 06:02 PM
How long did it take Derek McInnes to sort out Aberdeen, and have them pinging it about on the deck?

He probably just got lucky, apparently that's how we have managed it in the past?

Aldo
27-10-2013, 06:05 PM

This. PF has been at the club coming in 2 years and we are nowhere as near as fluent as them.

I think he took over Aberdeen at the end of March 2013, only 7 months.

Hibercelona
27-10-2013, 06:17 PM

But Aberdeen are just a better team than us and we should accept it. :rolleyes:

hibbymick
27-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Plenty folk giving their opinion of fenlon walking out after yesterdays game, probably the most negative ive heard. I would be surprised if we havent lost more supporters.