PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Aberdeen

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Overall that was a disappointing performance, but Aberdeen were impressive and they just have better players than us on todays evidence. Between 20 and 45 minutes we were by far the better side and should have scored. Still confident for Wednesday though.

Williams 7 Excellent until the 89th min when he let the ball get under his body.

McGivern 6 The usual from him; looks our best player for most of the game and then loses concentration and makes an error.
Hanlon 6
McPake 6 Wonderful last ditch clearance start of second half. Looks in pain still, which is worrying.
Stevenson 4 Poor today. Is exposed when Zoubir is at right midfield.

Craig 6 average. Surprised at the motm award.
OTJ 6 Distribution not good. Made some good clearances at set plays.
Thomson 6
Robertson 7 our best player today.
Zoubir 5 Some good, some bad. Not sure playing up front in a pair is his best position. Shifting him deeper didnt work either.
Heffernan 6 I thought he was doing ok, surprised to see him subbed.

Subs
Vine- poor.
Collins- a shocking, shocking miss. Unforgiveable really.
Handling-not involved much.

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-10-2013, 04:42 PM
A lot of boys didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Thomson & Robertson were standout. Hanlon, mcPake, McGivern all played very well. I though Craig was quiet today but didn't do anything wrong.

Stevenson is unreal, feel sorry for him but he's lost us the game today. Both goals were his fault but he could maybe have been awarded a foul for the first.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Brightside
26-10-2013, 04:47 PM

Thomson & Robertson were standout. Hanlon, mcPake, McGivern all played very well. I though Craig was quiet today but didn't do anything wrong.

Stevenson is unreal, feel sorry for him but he's lost us the game today. Both goals were his fault but he could maybe have been awarded a foul for the first.

Apart from a 10 min spell its the worst game ive seen from Thomson. 2yrds off the pace and like the rest of our midfield 2nd to every ball. lacking in effort, passion and basic will to win.

hibee_girl
26-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Yes it was Stevenson's fault for the first goal but McPake was at fault too for the 2nd

neil7908
26-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Robertson was our best player today, the rest of the team I would struggle to pick out any great or terrible performances - all just below par and comfortably beaten by a better and more organised team.

Lewis will take stick for the first goal and deservedly so but he was very solid until that moment.

All the forward players were virtual spectators with very little opportunity to actually do anything positive with the ball.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2013, 05:03 PM
No ratings but if tactics and individual performances are like that on Wednesday then we are in for a long, long night.

Moon unit
26-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Robertson was our best player today, the rest of the team I would struggle to pick out any great or terrible performances - all just below par and comfortably beaten by a better and more organised team.

Lewis will take stick for the first goal and deservedly so but he was very solid until that moment.

All the forward players were virtual spectators with very little opportunity to actually do anything positive with the ball.

Don't like to join the Lewis bashers ,but it was a schoolboy mistake that led to the 1st goal. He is a midfielder who Fenlon insists on playing him at fullback...why?

Tyler Durden
26-10-2013, 05:08 PM

You have to be kidding? Hanlon was badly at fault for the 2nd goal.

Whilst McPake was ok his body language was pretty appalling IMO. Does nothing to lead the team or get them going. Being down on his knees so regularly....are we meant to believe he is genuinely fit? I'd rather see Forster get a chance personally.

Aldo
26-10-2013, 05:13 PM
No ratings but if tactics and individual performances are like that on Wednesday then we are in for a long, long night.

PB

Can you really see it any other way tho? We create next to nowt most games and live off scraps

Davy Mac
26-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Williams 7 Looks every bit a top class keeper

McGivern 5 I don't know, for me he can whip in a great ball but lacks concentration at times
Hanlon 5 Still looks nervy from what I've seen of him this season
McPake 6 Decent first half but lacked a bit of match sharpness
Stevenson 3 Head's gone in this position, got a ripped for pace from the start to finish

Craig 5 Can't understand the MOTM award decision, not involved enough and pointing fingers
OTJ 5 In and out the game today but outfought and outnumbered in midfield
Thomson 7 Best Hibs player by a country mile at least he comes of the pitch dirty at the end
Robertson 7 Great 2nd half, feisty and willing, good to see

Zoubir 3 Poor starting position for me today, tactics should have changed 10-15 mins when it was clear this was not working

Heffernan 5 One up top at home, no help, no support and no change from a very good Aberdeen side superbly bossed by Flood

Subs

Vine 1 - Is this guy a fitba player, really?
Collins 2 Missed a gift, tried to hard to impress and got caught constantly offside
Handling 1 Not involved

Fenlon 2 - Sorry Pat, 1 up top at home, Stevenson ripped a new one did'nae change your tactics in the first 30 mins as Aberdeen outfought, outnumbered, sharper, slicker and seem to have a plan
Ref 3 - Not the best

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Williams - 6 - never actually had that much to do

Stevenson - 4 - dreadful mistake for their first goal (cost us the game)
McGivern - 7 - I really like him. solid, he won loads of defensive headers and looks threatening on the break
Hanlon - 6 - did OK
McPake - 6 - did Ok

Robertson - 4 - thought he was poor
Thomson - 4.5 - poor by his standards
Craig - 5 - poor by his standards (but was correctly RAGING that Collins never squared the ball to him!)
OTJ - 4 - thought he was poor

Zoubir - 4 - sadly he does not look that good (or quick)
Heffernen - 6 - bit of a thankless task, tried and did OK

Collins - 4 - Actually thought he did OK when he came on but should have squared the ball to Craig
Vine - 3 - Looks to be another very poor signing by Fenlon

Fenlon - 4 - our team still severely lacks any pace. Couldn't really legislate for Stevensons howler though

Ref - 7 - thought he had a good game

S43 - 10 - brilliant atmosphere from these guys - top marks lads

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 06:03 PM

You are entitled to your opinion mate, but I honestly can't believe the bit in bold ! :confused:

I thought our midfield as a whole was poor today (and I bet they would admit that themselves!!!!)

rcarter1
26-10-2013, 06:06 PM

Indeed. 0-0 after 90, 0-0 after et, will anyone even score a penalty? :confused:

rcarter1
26-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Williams - 6 - never actually had that much to do

Stevenson - 4 - dreadful mistake for their first goal (cost us the game)
McGivern - 7 - I really like him. solid, he won loads of defensive headers and looks threatening on the break
Hanlon - 6 - did OK
McPake - 6 - did Ok

Robertson - 4 - thought he was poor
Thomson - 4.5 - poor by his standards
Craig - 5 - poor by his standards (but was correctly RAGING that Collins never squared the ball to him!)
OTJ - 4 - thought he was poor

Zoubir - 4 - sadly he does not look that good (or quick)
Heffernen - 6 - bit of a thankless task, tried and did OK

Collins - 4 - Actually thought he did OK when he came on but should have squared the ball to Craig
Vine - 3 - Looks to be another very poor signing by Fenlon

Fenlon - 4 - our team still severely lacks any pace. Couldn't really legislate for Stevensons howler though

Ref - 7 - thought he had a good game

S43 - 10 - brilliant atmosphere from these guys - top marks lads

Thought Stevenson was doing really well under pressure until his mistake. Agree with most of the above, and also in thinking Collins looked good, but hashed the chance big style. Zoubir could do with a year at a lower level to gain game awareness.

Zazu62
26-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Hayes/wylde ripped wee Lewis apart , it's no the laddies fault he's playing in the wrong position. To start Paul heffernan up front on his own is just complete madness, against Aberdeen, at home.

Also I thought zoubir was a winger why play him just behind heffernan and lump high balls to him? Can someone please explain this to me ?

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Thought Stevenson was doing really well under pressure until his mistake. Agree with most of the above, and also in thinking Collins looked good, but hashed the chance big style. Zoubir could do with a year at a lower level to gain game awareness.

Me too to be honest......it was a howler of a mistake though (and he knew it) :boo hoo::boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 06:16 PM

i'l wait on the highlights to confirm what i thought at the time...but i thought lewis was at fault for both as well :agree: i certainly wont lie and say he's one of my fav players but i really do feel sorry for the laddie getting stuck in that right back slot by fenlon.....i really do ******* despair

hibee_girl
26-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Me too to be honest......it was a howler of a mistake though (and he knew it) :boo hoo::boo hoo:

:agree: he looked absolutely gutted and not one if his teammates went over to him to gee him up again.

hibee_girl
26-10-2013, 06:24 PM
There were no standouts today, only Thomson looked to drive us forward.

McGivern needs to work on his long balls, not one found a Hibs player, Robertson needs to realise which way we are playing as he constantly has his back to goal, Zoubir needs dropped.

Didn't ever feel comfortable with McPake today though he did save a certain goal when he cleared off the line. Was at fault for their 2nd goal. Hope Nelson can play on Wednesday.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 06:39 PM
OTJ......my gawd what a slow runner he is, think the fastest he ran all day was when he got hooked fs

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 06:42 PM
There were no standouts today, only Thomson looked to drive us forward.

McGivern needs to work on his long balls, not one found a Hibs player, Robertson needs to realise which way we are playing as he constantly has his back to goal, Zoubir needs dropped.

Didn't ever feel comfortable with McPake today though he did save a certain goal when he cleared off the line. Was at fault for their 2nd goal. Hope Nelson can play on Wednesday.

the zoubir situation baffles me, i thought he looked very good when he came on at perth, and looked dire today

Weststandwanab
26-10-2013, 06:45 PM
You have to be kidding? Hanlon was badly at fault for the 2nd goal.

Whilst McPake was ok his body language was pretty appalling IMO. Does nothing to lead the team or get them going. Being down on his knees so regularly....are we meant to believe he is genuinely fit? I'd rather see Forster get a chance personally. I think Forster is already a better player then "Il Capitano".

You are entitled to your opinion mate, but I honestly can't believe the bit in bold ! :confused:

I thought our midfield as a whole was poor today (and I bet they would admit that themselves!!!!) I can and I agree.

Indeed. 0-0 after 90, 0-0 after et, will anyone even score a penalty? :confused: Most of the midfield would.

Thought Stevenson was doing really well under pressure until his mistake. Agree with most of the above, and also in thinking Collins looked good, but hashed the chance big style. Zoubir could do with a year at a lower level to gain game awareness. Spot on.

Jones28
26-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Nobody stood out for me. Thomson was the only player that really looked to drive us forward and create something.

I haven't been to a game for a while and it worried me how poor our passing was at times.

davhibby
26-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Stevenson was motm untill his mistake for the first goal, thought he did well at getting his tackles in and stopping crosses first half especially. Also thought Thomson was dire today. Barely even tried to make a tackle and didn't see much of the ball and when he did, didn't do anything useful with it. His worst performance this season by a mile

LancsHibs
26-10-2013, 06:56 PM

I've been saying all season (and before) that Lewis is not a RB, not his fault, he's asked to play there and does his best but no way should he be playing in this position. Fenlon:grr:
As for Zoubir, why do you think he's been loaned to us?

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I've been saying all season (and before) that Lewis is not a RB, not his fault, he's asked to play there and does his best but no way should he be playing in this position. Fenlon:grr:
As for Zoubir, why do you think he's been loaned to us?

No disrespect, but you don't have to be "Einstein" to know that Stevenson is not a natural right back !

That said, he was doing well today until his howler. I am not a Fenlon fan, but it is harsh blaming Fenlon for that, no manager can legislate for a mistake like that.....surely ?!?!?

davy malcolm
26-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Lewis is being hung to dry by pat fenlon

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Zoubir is spending a year at a lower level.

Andy74
26-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Lewis is being hung to dry by pat fenlon

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

No need to be daft now.

The Voice Of Reason
26-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I thought Thomson was quite poor today. I said to my Aberdeen supporting friend after the game that Flood played like Thomson should have played.

Totally agree with that :agree:

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Like some others I thought Lewis was doing well until the first goal. I actually thought he was fouled in the build up but the ref clearly didn't.

I also thought Robertson was our best player

Robinho08
26-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Like some others I thought Lewis was doing well until the first goal. I actually thought he was fouled in the build up but the ref clearly didn't.

I thought he got fouled, gutted for him. When he won it back he should have blootered the ball into the stand.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-10-2013, 08:07 PM

I also thought Robertson was our best player

I thought he got fouled, gutted for him. When he won it back he should have blootered the ball into the stand.
He did get fouled - the Aberdeen player pulled him back by the shoulder! The ref never gave us much but it was no excuse for the defeat, although it was the turning point of the game obviously.

trev the hat
26-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Williams - 1 real quality save & no chance with goals.
Mgivern - looked ok but think we can get more from him as a CH.
Lewis - can't ask anymore doing what asked (targeted)
Hanlon - solid enough.
McPake - not convinced should be starting.
Craig - plenty endeavour
Robertson - see Craig
KT - not enough support.
OTJ - yard slow.
Zoubir - shouldn't be starting.
Heff - clever & uses his experience well.

Handling - a starter for me
Collins - needs some Namesake fitness classes
Vine - mmmmmm yeh

wookie70
26-10-2013, 08:14 PM
:agree: he looked absolutely gutted and not one if his teammates went over to him to gee him up again.

Totally agree with this. I couldn't believe McPake or any of the others never went to say 'these things happen, keep the head up' to Lewis. He is a player who always gives everything and deserves to get some support from his team mates. Really annoyed me at the game. It is easy to give it the high fives and slaps on the back when you are winning but this is when team work and togetherness really shows and we are missing something in that department.

cmcd
26-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Totally agree with this. I couldn't believe McPake or any of the others never went to say 'these things happen, keep the head up' to Lewis. He is a player who always gives everything and deserves to get some support from his team mates. Really annoyed me at the game. It is easy to give it the high fives and slaps on the back when you are winning but this is when team work and togetherness really shows and we are missing something in that department.
Post of the day :thumbsup:

wheniwas5
26-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I clearly saw mcpake tap his own chin when we were taking centre to tell lewis to keep his head up.

Shrekko
26-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I thought Thomson was quite poor today. I said to my Aberdeen supporting friend after the game that Flood played like Thomson should have played.

Flood and Thomson are completely different players. What Thommo needs is a player like Flood next to him.

Anyone who thought Thomson was poor today was watching a different game to me.

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Flood and Thomson are completely different players. What Thommo needs is a player like Flood next to him.

Anyone who thought Thomson was poor today were watching a different game to me.

Agreed. You saw it different to many but are you not Thommo's mate :wink:

Shrekko
26-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Agreed. You saw it different to many but are you not Thommo's mate :wink:

Not as far as I know!

Certainly no more his mate than you are Lewis's Dad! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Not as far as I know!

Certainly no more his mate than you are Lewis's Dad! :greengrin

:greengrin :top marks

Don't get me wrong, I like KT but I feel he slows the play down when we're already pedestrian

Shrekko
26-10-2013, 09:29 PM
:greengrin :top marks

Don't get me wrong, I like KT but I feel he slows the play down when we're already pedestrian

I think it's more a case of having very few options when he's on the ball. If somebody shows or his prepared to run behind a player he'll find him- I bet if he'd been playing for Aberdeen you'd have seen plenty quick passing from him put it that way!

Unfortunately we don't have full backs or wide midfielders who offer good options for a sitting midfielder. Not sure why you'd single him out to be honest- even supposed attacking players like Handling and Craig seem to be constantly passing the ball backwards!

IberianHibernian
26-10-2013, 09:34 PM
One of those days when noone really deserved pass marks . Less bad players were probably Williams ( but shocking distribution a few times ) , Stevenson ( but at fault for goals ) Collins ( but missed great chance ) and McGivern . Thought all the midfield were poor especially after last week`s great efforts and would expect Taiwo who had been playing well before being dropped to be back in team soon . One positive was McGivern showing signs that he might be slowly getting back to last season`s form .

Jonnyboy
26-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I think it's more a case of having very few options when he's on the ball. If somebody shows or his prepared to run behind a player he'll find him- I bet if he'd been playing for Aberdeen you'd have seen plenty quick passing from him put it that way!

Unfortunately we don't have full backs or wide midfielders who offer good options for a sitting midfielder. Not sure why you'd single him out to be honest- even supposed attacking players like Handling and Craig seem to be constantly passing the ball backwards!

Didn't really mean to as there were others more deserving of criticism!

Shrekko
26-10-2013, 10:06 PM
:agree: You're right, maybe poor isn't the best choice of word. But I didn't think he played near his best today.

A lot of Aberdeen's build-up today went through Flood in the middle of the park. He had a great hold on the game and was collecting, distributing and setting up attacking moves from the centre of midfield and was very influential. That's what I wanted to see from Thomson.

Maybe I'm just being a bit critical because I expect better from him and hold him to higher standards than some of the others. I thought he was excellent against Celtic and wanted to see a similar display today.

We just don't have that blend in midfield to allow any of them to show up well. I'd have broken the bank to sign Willo Flood this summer he'd have given central midfield the kind of balance we had in KT's first spell. I'm not saying Flood is as good as Scott Brown but it would be a better combination than we have at present IMO. Also, the sooner we have options like Harris and Cairney available the better.

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2013, 10:09 PM

Me too, made some good tackles, good interceptions, and good runs.....Unfortunate mistake for him.....

monktonharp
26-10-2013, 10:42 PM

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!" I thought much the same as you said.zoubir crapped out of any challenge, and when he was given 2 or 3 great free runs with the ball, with one man to beat he stopped, turned, looked for help instead of going for the line. if he'd made it to the line and cut back, someone would have been in the box:brickwall

DAVE1875
26-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Is Craig our designated corner taker? Cause all the one's he put in were terrible, straight to Clangers everytime, almost as if he was hoping Langfield would muck up and punch the ball backwards into the goal

Fergus52
27-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Hayes/wylde ripped wee Lewis apart , it's no the laddies fault he's playing in the wrong position. To start Paul heffernan up front on his own is just complete madness, against Aberdeen, at home.

Also I thought zoubir was a winger why play him just behind heffernan and lump high balls to him? Can someone please explain this to me ?

You never heard of a player being able to play more than one position?

zoubir can play out wide but is primarily an attacking midfielder

RIP
27-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Zoubir is the new Wotherspoon.

All step over flash but no cross, constantly exposes his fullback, makes fake attempts to track back and has the heart of a flea

down-the-slope
27-10-2013, 08:34 AM

:agree: Best summary of match.

Only thing I would add was KT was a different player to last week looking several yards shorter and giving tha ball away more than i can ever remember him almost costing a goal that Lewis bailed out yet again

Robertson only player who tried to drive game forward.

Aberdeen subs all contributed to result....our subs may as well have saved on the washing bill

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Is Craig our designated corner taker? Cause all the one's he put in were terrible, straight to Clangers everytime, almost as if he was hoping Langfield would muck up and punch the ball backwards into the goal

About 5 corners were floated right into Langfields hands. If you are going to play a corner like that it has to be whipped in at pace to put the keeper under pressure.

I don't think we created even a half chance from our corners yesterday. Aberdeen dealt with every single one comfortably.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Indeed. 0-0 after 90, 0-0 after et, will anyone even score a penalty? :confused:

If we manage to score two goals we will win,they just cant score.

They will shut up shop and go for scraps which will make the game dire to watch.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-10-2013, 09:38 AM
i'l wait on the highlights to confirm what i thought at the time...but i thought lewis was at fault for both as well :agree: i certainly wont lie and say he's one of my fav players but i really do feel sorry for the laddie getting stuck in that right back slot by fenlon.....i really do ******* despair

I agree, I don't dislike him I just think he's been used by various managers as a stop gap player with no real position. His real position is problem defensive mid sadly.

On reflection the first was clearly Lewis' fault but the second? He just didn't mark his man?

hibee_girl
27-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Absolutely :agree:

hibbymick
27-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Im not a big fan of stevenson but i thought he played well yesterday until his mistake. I also think our players are incapable of making any runs into space around the box, and whats happened to the age old simple formula of passing and moving , I was taught that at primary school a long time ago. Its mostly square balls or pass backs with no-one making any angles for simple passes. Theres only so much blame you can put at Fenlons door, he cant run onto the pitch and show them how to do the basics. On the flip side maybe they want rid of him and have given up on his way of playing. Theres some decent players in our squad but someone needs to come in and get the best out of them or they all need to take a look in a mirror.

WhileTheChief..
27-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Thompson driving the team forward?? No chance, he was useless yesterday. Center mid has been a major problem for us this season. Both him and OTJ offered absolutley nothing yesterday.

Thompson hangs around the center circle and very rarely passes forward and certainly doesn't do any running, anywhere.

Stevenson as usual gets the blame but other than 1 mistake I thought he was our best player.

Zazu62
27-10-2013, 11:24 AM
You never heard of a player being able to play more than one position?

zoubir can play out wide but is primarily an attacking midfielder

The thing is I don't think he can play their . I thought we signed a winger? Why is he not playing on the WING? It would make more sense to play Craig behind heffernan ffs

oconnors_strip
27-10-2013, 12:20 PM

All step over flash but no cross, constantly exposes his fullback, makes fake attempts to track back and has the heart of a flea

He said in an interview the other week he is not a defender and don't expect to see him tracking back. He is an attacker and a flair player who needs to be played on the wing where he wants to play and be told not to be afraid to take on players!

He is an impact player like sproule

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 08:07 PM

You'll be pleased to have someone new to shout at G.

Your bro was at it from the minute he arrived yesterday, screaming for Zoubir to be taken off. Thank **** he's too far away to hear the continuous 'encouragement' he gives to a Hibs player

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 08:09 PM
We just don't have that blend in midfield to allow any of them to show up well. I'd have broken the bank to sign Willo Flood this summer he'd have given central midfield the kind of balance we had in KT's first spell. I'm not saying Flood is as good as Scott Brown but it would be a better combination than we have at present IMO. Also, the sooner we have options like Harris and Cairney available the better.

Said to my nephew at the game that I wished we had signed Flood instead of OTJ. Flood is dynamic and ran the show yesterday.

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Thompson driving the team forward?? No chance, he was useless yesterday. Center mid has been a major problem for us this season. Both him and OTJ offered absolutley nothing yesterday.

Thompson hangs around the center circle and very rarely passes forward and certainly doesn't do any running, anywhere.

Stevenson as usual gets the blame but other than 1 mistake I thought he was our best player.

Wow what an incredible critique that is. Personally think Thomson is Hibs best player by a distance his composure on the ball is excellent as is his confidence in taking the ball in when under pressure. There are some problem areas in the team if Thomson is considered one of these then we are in more trouble than I thought.

JimBHibees
27-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Said to my nephew at the game that I wished we had signed Flood instead of OTJ. Flood is dynamic and ran the show yesterday.

Agree thought he was terrific.

The Voice Of Reason
28-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Agree thought he was terrific.

He was everything that our midfield weren't (dynamic, combative and pacey) !

I've read some people on here saying they thought Robertson and/or Thomson played well on Sat - I think both of them were poor and extremely one paced. This contributed to Flood running the show.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Robertson could've shut down Vernon for the first goal and I thought that was a massive let down. He let the guy take a shot. He had a good game though, and Stevenson would've been my man of the match if it weren't for his error. I really felt for him as he'd played brilliantly up until then (Sect 43 even have a song for him now!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2013, 10:17 AM
The thing is I don't think he can play their . I thought we signed a winger? Why is he not playing on the WING? It would make more sense to play Craig behind heffernan ffs

Harris got injured and Fenlon brought 2 players in on trial, Zoubi and the lad who's name escapes me from Ipswich.

Fenlon spoke about needing width and was having a look at these 2 to see if they could do a job for us.

He sent one away and signed Zoubi on loan, yet is playing him central?

3pm
28-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Harris got injured and Fenlon brought 2 players in on trial, Zoubi and the lad who's name escapes me from Ipswich.

Fenlon spoke about needing width and was having a look at these 2 to see if they could do a job for us.

He sent one away and signed Zoubi on loan, yet is playing him central?

I think that he is meant to have a free role. He'll need to do a lot better than he has so far.

And it was Josh Carson...

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I think that he is meant to have a free role. He'll need to do a lot better than he has so far.

And it was Josh Carson...

Thats the fella, :agree: I understand having a player who has a free role, and someone like Latapy would be terrific, but the team has been crying out for width and pace.

Brightside
28-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Thats the fella, :agree: I understand having a player who has a free role, and someone like Latapy would be terrific, but the team has been crying out for width and pace.

Craig should be the one with the free role. Ideal number 10.

happiehibbie
28-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Well Well where do we start.

Thomson did not play well but still the best player we have and was on Saturday

Lewis I am not a fan never have been But made some great tackles early on credit when due. The mistakes will happen WHY because he is not good enough IMO

Captain Mc Pake NO thanks please bring in Jordan Foster Hanlon is never comfy with Mcpake

OTJ not sure what to make of him would maybe be a good CH :)
the french guy to many tricks not direct enough

Hefferman up front on his own played well why did he take him off !!!
Collins for me is a Player why is he not getting a game

Vine just EH

In general I blame Pat fenlon we have the best squad of players outside of septic its the formation he plays I also belive he is not letting them express themselves if my contacts are correct.

I think PF will be gone before Christmas

silverhibee
28-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Spot on J. Flood ran the game for them and was involved in everything, the games MOTM. Good player.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hibs made to look pretty poor by a decent Aberdeen side apart from Zoubir who doesn't need any help to look a poor poor player.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Hibs made to look pretty poor by a decent Aberdeen side apart from Zoubir who doesn't need any help to look a poor poor player.

He's not a poor player at all. He's young and naive and raw and frustrating. He's very skilful and clever on the ball, but I don't think he's ready to start just yet. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was an impact player too, but what an impact he made. If the lad gets coached appropriate to his talent, then his talent can be exploited to great effect.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2013, 02:02 PM
He's not a poor player at all. He's young and naive and raw and frustrating. He's very skilful and clever on the ball, but I don't think he's ready to start just yet. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was an impact player too, but what an impact he made. If the lad gets coached appropriate to his talent, then his talent can be exploited to great effect.

Solskjaer! Try comparing like for like if you're going to make comparisons. Zoubir's futsal background is very evident unfortunately he just can't seem to expand his game, as frustrating as hell, has no natural instinct to take the opportunity to drive forward into space. Never be a Hibs player in a million years.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Solskjaer! Try comparing like for like if you're going to make comparisons. Zoubir's futsal background is very evident unfortunately he just can't seem to expand his game, as frustrating as hell, has no natural instinct to take the opportunity to drive forward into space. Never be a Hibs player in a million years.

I opted to use an obvious example of 'impact player' to emphasise just how you can use an impact player to great effect. I wasn't comparing Zoubir with Solskjaer in terms of ability! As I was saying, he could be used to great effectiveness if managed properly. I'm not saying that he will be, I'm just saying that it's possible. Flicks and tricks don't make a football player, I'd be the first to point that out.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I opted to use an obvious example of 'impact player' to emphasise just how you can use an impact player to great effect. I wasn't comparing Zoubir with Solskjaer in terms of ability! As I was saying, he could be used to great effectiveness if managed properly. I'm not saying that he will be, I'm just saying that it's possible. Flicks and tricks don't make a football player, I'd be the first to point that out.

Fair enough, sorry if I sounded like I was ranting, just frustration. :thumbsup:

lumbo_hfc
28-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Robertson could've shut down Vernon for the first goal and I thought that was a massive let down. He let the guy take a shot. He had a good game though, and Stevenson would've been my man of the match if it weren't for his error. I really felt for him as he'd played brilliantly up until then (Sect 43 even have a song for him now!!)

Nothing to do with the centre halfs backing off to the penalty spot then?? Just because robertson was closest to him its hardly his fault!

Thought flood had a good first half but towards the end of that half and most of the 2nd half hibs competed very well in the centre of the park, making aberdeen go more direct to zola/vernon which is where both there goals came from!

Leishy1995
28-10-2013, 03:13 PM
My mates at the game were raving about how well McPake played.. Talking about an incredible goal line clearance.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Nothing to do with the centre halfs backing off to the penalty spot then?? Just because robertson was closest to him its hardly his fault!

Thought flood had a good first half but towards the end of that half and most of the 2nd half hibs competed very well in the centre of the park, making aberdeen go more direct to zola/vernon which is where both there goals came from!

Everything to do with the whole team, the manager and the board, but at the moment that I specified, Robertson should've got in his face as he was in the position to do so.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 03:18 PM
My mates at the game were raving about how well McPake played.. Talking about an incredible goal line clearance.

To be fair, that clearance was beast. You can always rely on McPake to come up with those goods. His body on the other hand...

Centre Hawf
28-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Whats the song mate? couldn't hear it from the West.

lumbo_hfc
28-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Everything to do with the whole team, the manager and the board, but at the moment that I specified, Robertson should've got in his face as he was in the position to do so.

He wasn't, Watch it again!!! He runs back to support Thomson who is trying to make up for Stevensons mistake, the ball is passed to Vernon who has about 5 yards of space because the centre halfs are backing off when they should be up his arse!!

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 03:46 PM

Now don't be disappointed if I don't do it justice on an online forum but:

Ohhh ow wohhhh
Lewis Stevenson
ow oh owwwhh

Something like that haha

Brightside
28-10-2013, 03:53 PM

err by that description he'll be a fenlon first pick for years to come. Personally i think he's an exciting talent and a decent manager will get plenty out of him....ask yourself why when he was getting into space he then looked to go square or pass back? Thats not a Futsal background! He was going for it in other games thats for sure. I'm willing to bet 100% that Fenlon has told him to play it safe.

mim
28-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Zoubir's futsal background is very evident unfortunately he just can't seem to expand his game, as frustrating as hell, has no natural instinct to take the opportunity to drive forward into space. Never be a Hibs player in a million years.

Couldn't disagree more. He has already clearly shown against St Midden and Stranraer that he can beat men and drive forward. I would imagine he has been instructed to be less selfish and look for the pass. He should be given free rein to play his own game. This lad may not be your cup of tea, but he's the sort that I will pay money to watch.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Couldn't disagree more. He has already clearly shown against St Midden and Stranraer that he can beat men and drive forward. I would imagine he has been instructed to be less selfish and look for the pass. He should be given free rein to play his own game. This lad may not be your cup of tea, but he's the sort that I will pay money to watch.

He's hopeless.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2013, 04:51 PM
err by that description he'll be a fenlon first pick for years to come. Personally i think he's an exciting talent and a decent manager will get plenty out of him....ask yourself why when he was getting into space he then looked to go square or pass back? Thats not a Futsal background! He was going for it in other games thats for sure. I'm willing to bet 100% that Fenlon has told him to play it safe.

I've asked myself several times and I still come to the same conclusion...........he's hopeless. Never a player in a million years.

yerauldda
28-10-2013, 04:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axtfY4eD0A same as this

TheFamous1875
28-10-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axtfY4eD0A same as this

That's the one! Wish we'd stop stealing their patter though.. I think this is more fitting :D
http://youtu.be/7Vae_AkLb4Q