PDA

View Full Version : Sheep at ER

hibsbollah
25-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Why is this traditionally such an eyebleeding fixture? Going back to season before last its been most recently 0-0, 1-0 (Deegan screamer in the cup lights up terrible game) 0-1 defeat(my sons first game, the poor boy has been scarred for life), 0-0 and 0-0. (The last of these was one of the worst games ive seen in all my years of watching Hibs). I think we're due a 4-3 classic with a Zoubir masterclass.

Anyone remember the last really entertaining home game with the wooly ones?

hfc rd
25-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Why is this traditionally such an eyebleeding fixture? Going back to season before last its been most recently 0-0, 1-0 (Deegan screamer in the cup lights up terrible game) 0-1 defeat(my sons first game, the poor boy has been scarred for life), 0-0 and 0-0. (The last of these was one of the worst games ive seen in all my years of watching Hibs).

Anyone remember the last really entertaining home game with the wooly ones?

I remember the 4-3 game Aberdeen won back in 2002. Darren Mackie scored with the last kick of the ball. Also a cup replay game which we won 3-1 and Michael Stewart scored an absolute screamer! 2-2 draws in 08/09 & 09/10 in which Aberdeen were leading 2-0 in both games and we came back and equalised very late on. One being a goalmouth scramble and Fletcher managing to tuck it in. The other being Benji scoring a pen.

HibeeLR
25-10-2013, 04:22 PM
I remember a 3-3 draw. I think it was either 07/08 or 08/09 season. I think we were 3-1 up at one point or could have been 3-1 down

Keith_M
25-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I was at Pittodrie at the first game after they won the Cup Winners Cup in 83. There was a feeling of, "they'll be tired out after their exertions, we've got a chance today"....

We got beat 5-0.

Is that a big enough score? :greengrin

p.s. That was the first time I ever saw Casuals. We chased them up and down Beach Boulevard (or whatever it was called then) before the game.

Onceinawhile
25-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I remember the 4-3 game Aberdeen won back in 2002. Darren Mackie scored with the last kick of the ball. Also a cup replay game which we won 3-1 and Michael Stewart scored an absolute screamer! 2-2 draws in 08/09 & 09/10 in which Aberdeen were leading 2-0 in both games and we came back and equalised very late on. One being a goalmouth scramble and Fletcher managing to tuck it in. The other being Benji scoring a pen.

Was the cup game not 4-1?? Sure it was.

cannot see tomorrow's game Going down in history as a classic That's for sure. I'll take 3 points however we come by them though!

Diclonius
25-10-2013, 04:43 PM
I remember a 3-3 draw. I think it was either 07/08 or 08/09 season. I think we were 3-1 up at one point or could have been 3-1 down

07/08, under Collins. We went 3-1 down due to Ma-Kalambay making two of the worst errors I have ever seen.

The Sea-gull
25-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Was the cup game not 4-1?? Sure it was.

cannot see tomorrow's game Going down in history as a classic That's for sure. I'll take 3 points however we come by them though!

Yip. 4-1. They scored first about 10 mins in, fletch equalised not long after, Stewart hit a screamer just before ht and then Benji got a double early in second half. We have won our last three cup games v them, 5 out last 6 actually but our league record against them has not been great for the last few years. Haven't lost many though. Loads of 0-0s.

hibsbollah
25-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Yip. 4-1. They scored first about 10 mins in, fletch equalised not long after, Stewart hit a screamer just before ht and then Benji got a double early in second half. We have won our last three cup games v them, 5 out last 6 actually but our league record against them has not been great for the last few years. Haven't lost many though. Loads of 0-0s.

Its not so much our bad record vs them that sticks out, its the shocking entertainment served up, by both teams. I cant remember leaving any game thinking 'Aberdeen are a decent side'.

andy1875
25-10-2013, 05:06 PM
The game we beat them with the Glass volley and secured us Europe springs to mind. Both had good sides, our was just a bit better that season :na na:

SurferRosa
25-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Sold out their 1600 allocation for tomorrow so should be a great atmos.

Onceinawhile
25-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Sold out their 1600 allocation for tomorrow so should be a great atmos.

Presumably we are giving them more though aye? Not just saying that's your lot?

Hopefully we can get a decent crowd in as well and boost the coffers for January.

ballengeich
25-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Why is this traditionally such an eyebleeding fixture?

Especially with risk-taking, attack-focused managers like Pat Fenlon and Paw Broon around ....

Broken Gnome
25-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Aberdeem have been the most consistently rotten team that have turned up to Easter Road since around 2005. I can't think of a single game they've deserved to win, and certainly had some of the least deserving wins I've ever seen. They beat us 2-1 under Mowbray in 2006 which was about the spawniest three points we've ever lost. Our records been so bad because we haven't been good enough to beat them, and most games in the last five years have been rotten borefests. At least they've stopped televising them for now.

Tomorrow should be a better game now they seem on the up at least.

Liam89
25-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I had a dream it ended 3-3, stuck £5 on it just Incase it does happen and I am psychic.

Hamish
25-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Nishy scoring in injury time against 9(?) men. Wasn't a great game, but it was exciting.

SurferRosa
25-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Presumably we are giving them more though aye? Not just saying that's your lot?

Hopefully we can get a decent crowd in as well and boost the coffers for January.

Yeah, there`s another 400 tickets being made available on the day for them.

Tyler Durden
25-10-2013, 07:23 PM
The game we beat them with the Glass volley and secured us Europe springs to mind. Both had good sides, our was just a bit better that season :na na:

That game that Glass scored the winner was pre Xmas. Rocastle ran the show!

Remember it being a bit of a watershed game which really convinced us that the season was only going to get better and better. Team had a great rapport with the fans too. Probably my favourite season - proud.

Glory Lurker
25-10-2013, 07:49 PM
That game that Glass scored the winner was pre Xmas. Rocastle ran the show!

Remember it being a bit of a watershed game which really convinced us that the season was only going to get better and better. Team had a great rapport with the fans too. Probably my favourite season - proud.

This was the game that sprang to my mind. It as a great one. We beat Dunfermline either the week before or after - we had to dig deep in both, and the atmosphere was great. Back-to-back games that are probably right up there in terms of best non-OF/Hearts victories I've seen. Those were the days!

Going back a bit, but there as a very enjoyable victory early in 1994 when we beat them 3-1. Another belter was in 1985(?) when Willie Irvine scored the winner in a 2-1 (first time we'd beaten them in the '80s, I think?). I wasn't actually there but remember bouncing about my bedroom listening to it on the radio!

Hibby70
25-10-2013, 08:12 PM
See all these folk that remember games from decades ago! I can't remember who we even played two weeks ago without really concentrating.

You're all either freaks or literally have no lives outside of football.

Who we playing tomorrow?

Jonnyboy
25-10-2013, 08:46 PM
See all these folk that remember games from decades ago! I can't remember who we even played two weeks ago without really concentrating.

Who we playing tomorrow?

Dunno but I remember one Saturday in 1965 .................. :greengrin

marinello59
25-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Dunno but I remember one Saturday in 1965 .................. :greengrin

Yet trying to remember where you left your glasses or why you went in to the kitchen is beyond you.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Yet trying to remember where you left your glasses or why you went in to the kitchen is beyond you.:greengrin

I wear glasses? :greengrin

Shields Hibee
25-10-2013, 11:53 PM
The game in April was just that, eyebleeding but the sheep were happily winding down while we were looking forward to another final. Tomorrow though I think will see goals & hopefully we'll get the 3 points.

Fair to say that the best game against them for goalfests in recent times has been the SC replay in 06/07 as it does tend to be a fixture that sees draws more often than not.

givescotlandfreedom
26-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Aberdeem have been the most consistently rotten team that have turned up to Easter Road since around 2005. I can't think of a single game they've deserved to win, and certainly had some of the least deserving wins I've ever seen. They beat us 2-1 under Mowbray in 2006 which was about the spawniest three points we've ever lost. Our records been so bad because we haven't been good enough to beat them, and most games in the last five years have been rotten borefests. At least they've stopped televising them for now.

Tomorrow should be a better game now they seem on the up at least.

Yep they seem to get more like against us than even the Saviles. Hopefully they'll miss their penalty tomorrow.

Just_Jimmy
26-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Same auld aberdeen.

Heres the script...

Preseason.

Sell the toaster
Sack the tea lady
Appoint new manager. Its Fergie. Except it isnt
Sign loads of journey men
Proclaim that youll romp the league.
Hang on folks, its the 80s again. Before Sir Alex was a pulzerprize author

The season

Win a couple games
Lose a couple games
Be 4th-10th
Blame it on injuries
Have a bad run of form that lasts november - march
Blame it on the manager
Sack the manager
Start again.

Aberdeen are honking. They live in the 80s.

God Petrie
26-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Same auld aberdeen.

Heres the script...

Preseason.

Sell the toaster
Sack the tea lady
Appoint new manager. Its Fergie. Except it isnt
Sign loads of journey men
Proclaim that youll romp the league.
Hang on folks, its the 80s again. Before Sir Alex was a pulzerprize author

The season

Win a couple games
Lose a couple games
Be 4th-10th
Blame it on injuries
Have a bad run of form that lasts november - march
Blame it on the manager
Sack the manager
Start again.

Aberdeen are honking. They live in the 80s.

Yep they're a rank club who seem to be loved by the media despite underachieving more than us. Hope they're enjoying their incredible start to the season which has put them a whopping 2 points above a team whose fans want their manager replaced.

Really hope we do them today. They're still bitter about us horsing them out of the last two Scottish cups. GIRUY.

malagahibby
26-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Yep they're a rank club who seem to be loved by the media despite underachieving more than us. Hope they're enjoying their incredible start to the season which has put them a whopping 2 points above a team whose fans want their manager replaced.

Really hope we do them today. They're still bitter about us horsing them out of the last two Scottish cups. GIRUY.

Aberdeen have a terrible record in Edinburgh over the past few seasons.
Even minus 22 best them this season
2-0 cabbage today

Mon Dieu4
26-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Agree about them being consistently jammy against us, worst one was under Mowbray, we scored early doors, think it was from Shiels, in off the bar

for the first 30 mins we were absolutely unstoppable and for me in that spell we played the best football we had under Mowbray and that's saying something, god knows how they ended up getting a draw, we could have easily had 4 or 5 in that spell

when i think back i genuinely think that half an hour was the best I've ever seen us play in regards to one touch and free flowing football, that includes McLeishs team with Franck and Russell in it

God Petrie
26-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Mind the Mowbray 4-4 game against Dundee? Some absolutely spectacular football from Hibs that day.

hibsbollah
26-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Agree about them being consistently jammy against us, worst one was under Mowbray, we scored early doors, think it was from Shiels, in off the bar

for the first 30 mins we were absolutely unstoppable and for me in that spell we played the best football we had under Mowbray and that's saying something, god knows how they ended up getting a draw, we could have easily had 4 or 5 in that spell

when i think back i genuinely think that half an hour was the best I've ever seen us play in regards to one touch and free flowing football, that includes McLeishs team with Franck and Russell in it

As Hibby70 says I wish I had a better memory, that sounds magic but I cant recall that game at all :greengrin

My ultimate 'purist' game was the 3-3 vs old huns where McCann scored a screamer. We were magnificent throughout.

HibbyAndy
26-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Mind the Mowbray 4-4 game against Dundee? Some absolutely spectacular football from Hibs that day.

Riordan made it 5-1 that was WRONGLY ruled offside.Best ive ever seen hibs play for an hour.

Don Giovanni
26-10-2013, 09:51 AM
There was a game under Hughes which I think Aberdeen were leading at half time (can't remember if the score was 0-1, or 0-2 but seem to recall it being a bit unjust).

However, after looking out of sorts in the first half, Stokes came out and was absolutely unplayable in the second. Aberdeen couldn't cope with his directness, pace & desire (and you could.t always say that about Stokes time at ER). It was one of the beat displays of forward play I've seen. He was brilliant.

[Hughes musta telt him at half time there was a Celtc scout in the main stand :greengrin ].

iwasthere1972
26-10-2013, 10:01 AM

Cracking goal. We were seven points behind them going into that game so really needed to win which we did. Eventually overtook Aberdeen and clinched that 3rd spot for Europe.

danhibees1875
26-10-2013, 10:35 AM

Who we playing tomorrow?

2 weeks ago was an international break. :greengrin