PDA

View Full Version : Team for Dons

down-the-slope
24-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Anyone know how injuries are going - McGivern / Maybury? .... Cairney / Handling in squad contention?

I reckon Collins will be back in with Zoubir returning to bench - otherwise unchanged

silverhibee
24-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Anyone know how injuries are going - McGivern / Maybury? .... Cairney / Handling in squad contention?

I reckon Collins will be back in with Zoubir returning to bench - otherwise unchanged

McPake in for Nelson, agree about Zoubir returning to the bench, and it has to be Collins in for him as he will be leading the line on Wednesday night.

McPake needs to last the 90 minutes or there will be a lot of changing about to the team during the game which wouldn't be helpful.

Northernhibee
25-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Handling
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

Aldo
25-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Williams Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern Handling Robertson Thomson Craig Heffernan Collins

Don't think Handling will start tbh.

Think PF will make 2 changes... 1 forced with McPake coming in for Nelson. Zoubir Dropping to bench with Collins coming back in.

Tynie01011973
25-10-2013, 09:52 AM

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/289383/preview

silverhibee
25-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Good to see that the young lad Forster has been training all week with the team and will be on the bench for back-up for McPake in case he pulls up during the game.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd be tempted to bring Collins in as he will likely start against Hearts. I also think we have to acknowledge that Pat knows what he is doing with Zoubir so maybe back to a cameo role for him.

Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Tudor Jones
Craig

Collins

Heffernan

Hooefully get Handling, Vine and Cairney a bit game time before Hearts if possible as well.

truehibernian
25-10-2013, 11:50 AM
No need for change other than the enforced one (Nelson).

Dons play with width, Robson pulling strings in midfield. They won't have the possession Celtic had and Zoubir will see more of the ball in the attacking third.

Keith_M
25-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Not team related but I had a look at the ticket website and home tickets are actually selling quite well.

Out of all home sections (excluding executive seating) only two are not listed as 'limited seating available'.

frazeHFC
25-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Not team related but I had a look at the ticket website and home tickets are actually selling quite well.

Out of all home sections (excluding executive seating) only two are not listed as 'limited seating available'.

With around 2000 away fans we could be looking at a decent crowd then, hopefully a good atmosphere to go with it. Really been looking forward to it all week, mon Hibs 3 points please!

Aldo
25-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd be tempted to bring Collins in as he will likely start against Hearts. I also think we have to acknowledge that Pat knows what he is doing with Zoubir so maybe back to a cameo role for him. Williams Stevenson Hanlon McPake McGivern Robertson Thomson Tudor Jones Craig Collins Heffernan Hooefully get Handling, Vine and Cairney a bit game time before Hearts if possible as well.

That's my starting 11 PB

Leishy1995
25-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I would be wanting to start the team that will face hearts. No idea who that could be though!

Andy74
25-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Just McPake for Nelson and Collins for Zoubir I'd think.

Brightside
25-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I rather have Forster for Nelson - but it wont happen.

Billy Whizz
25-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I rather have Forster for Nelson - but it wont happen.

The guys hardly played this season, would be unfair to throw him in

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:31 PM
The guys hardly played this season, would be unfair to throw him in

McPake hasn't played much either tbh

Treadstone
25-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Just McPake for Nelson and Collins for Zoubir I'd think.

I'd give Zoubir another shot. Felt the system was okay last week (Harris would be ideal in the Zoubir position). Play it Saturday with Heff and then on Wednesday with Collins.

Onceinawhile
25-10-2013, 03:35 PM
McPake hasn't played much either tbh

Yes buy forster has only been Training with the first team since his injury this week. Mcpake has been training for a month or so and has had game time at u-20 and top team level

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I'd give Zoubir another shot. Felt the system was okay last week (Harris would be ideal in the Zoubir position). Play it Saturday with Heff and then on Wednesday with Collins.

Could work but think PF might give Collins a wee run.

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes buy forster has only been Training with the first team since his injury this week. Mcpake has been training for a month or so and has had game time at u-20 and top team level

Agreed but McPake not had that much time tbh.

Bishop Hibee
25-10-2013, 03:38 PM
McPake for Nelson and Collins for Zoubir but only because Collins needs game time before leading the line v Hertz.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I guess moving Robertson into the middle and Zoubir staying at RM with Collins up front again with Heff, would be too radio rental.
i mean, a wide man that could supply to a big striker. radge!

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I guess moving Robertson into the middle and Zoubir staying at RM with Collins up front again with Heff, would be too radio rental. i mean, a wide man that could supply to a big striker. radge!

I think Robertson protects and helps the RB and not sure That is Zoubirs main strength. Would rather he is give a freeish role tbh causing problems in final 3rd.

See where your coming from tho.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I think Robertson protects and helps the RB and not sure That is Zoubirs main strength. Would rather he is give a freeish role tbh causing problems in final 3rd.

See where your coming from tho.

not sure Robertson and Craig are genuine wide men at all, so always hoped one of them would move inside and in return provide a threat from there, whilst getting more natural width in the team (zoubir/harris).
But I know Pat prefers the defensive approach.

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:49 PM
not sure Robertson and Craig are genuine wide men at all, so always hoped one of them would move inside and in return provide a threat from there, whilst getting more natural width in the team (zoubir/harris). But I know Pat prefers the defensive approach.

Not sure I meant Robertson was defensive mate but he's been playing very very well there so why change it.

I am also not sure Zoubir is an out and out winger but more of an attacking MF. I really do think we miss Harris for his pace and directness.

Tomorrow I am hoping to see more of an attacking option from the likes of Craig because he is one with an eye for goal and if he can get beyond the front 2 then he is a threat.

Andy74
25-10-2013, 04:24 PM
not sure Robertson and Craig are genuine wide men at all, so always hoped one of them would move inside and in return provide a threat from there, whilst getting more natural width in the team (zoubir/harris).
But I know Pat prefers the defensive approach.

It's not necessarily defensive, it's just a different way to be offensive isn't it? You may gain less of the ball with one of them playing one in, you might not get Craig and Robertson free in and around the box if they are overrun in midfield. The more natural wide men could give the ball away a lot more and put us under pressure.

Defensive may be some sort of new buzz word to describe the team but it's not how we've set out in recent games with those players playing wide - we attacked very well with them there at the likes of the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. Craig scored the winner from that position v Thistle, and two from there v Kilmarnock away.

Keith_M
25-10-2013, 04:28 PM
It's not necessarily defensive, it's just a different way to be offensive isn't it? You may gain less of the ball with one of them playing one in, you might not get Craig and Robertson free in and around the box if they are overrun in midfield. The more natural wide men could give the ball away a lot more and put us under pressure.

Defensive may be some sort of new buzz word to describe the team but it's not how we've set out in recent games with those players playing wide - we attacked very well with them there at the likes of the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. Craig scored the winner from that position v Thistle, and two from there v Kilmarnock away.

That's one way to look at it.... 9 goals in 10 league games is another.

If it's OK with you, I'll go with the 'defensive' theory just now and the motto "always start with a stong defense" :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Just the two changes for me, Collins for Zouby and McPake for Nelson.

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
OTJ
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

Come on Hibs:flag:

erin go bragh
25-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Just the two changes for me, Collins for Zouby and McPake for Nelson.

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
OTJ
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

Come on Hibs:flag:

Thats my team also , bring Zoubir on last 20 ( to protect or 3 goal lead ) lol

Ggtth

DAVE1875
25-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
OTJ
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

If McPake isn't fit should we go with Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson at the back?

hibbymick
25-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I wonder if it will be back to lumping it up the park tomorrow or if he will play zouby again and try and keep it on the floor.

Allan45
26-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Hope Hibs do well today with a win, then I'll be up for the game on Wednesday.
Hibs got into Celtic last week, need the same, also if McPake players, he has a good game.
2-1 Hibs. Craig and Heff.
:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Aberdeen have a run of 7 league games unbeaten against us at ER, stretching back 4 years since we beat them 2-0 31st oct 2009, get this poor run against them sorted petrie/fenlon :flag: