PDA

View Full Version : Can i remind everyone....

silverhibee
24-10-2013, 09:15 PM
We do have a game against Aberdeen on Saturday, a lot of chat on the MB about the game against the h***** on Wednesday, lets take it one game at a time and start talking how we will bore the sheep to death and with our only shot on goal we grab the winner and everyone can go home moaning about how pish that was but atleast we got the 3 points. :greengrin

GGTTH :flag:

Libby Hibby
24-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Totally agree, massive league game on Saturday, I'm really looking forward to it and when we pick up the 3 points, we will leapfrog them!!

hfc rd
24-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Us and Killie winning will do me nicely ahead of Wednesday night.

GGTTH

HH81
24-10-2013, 09:23 PM
We do have a game against Aberdeen on Saturday, a lot of chat on the MB about the game against the h***** on Wednesday, lets take it one game at a time and start talking how we will bore the sheep to death and with our only shot on goal we grab the winner and everyone can go home moaning about how pish that was but atleast we got the 3 points. :greengrin

Good post Silver, can I also remind you the rugby league world cup starts this weekend too.

Mon Hibs.

silverhibee
24-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Good post Silver, can I also remind you the rugby league world cup starts this weekend too.

Mon Hibs.

No you can't. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Don't forget about how we'll kick them off the park with some borderline tackles. :aok:

legends of 73
24-10-2013, 09:38 PM
And they'll be 6500 sheep in the away end or so they'd have you believe

GreenOnions
24-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Mon Hibs.

Egg-chasing? Surely this is a game only for those lacking the attributes to play the more technically challenging sport of football.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 08:34 AM
When did we last beat the Sheep in the league at ER?
(in fact, struggle to remember the answer to that against any of the better sides).

scoopyboy
25-10-2013, 08:39 AM
(in fact, struggle to remember the answer to that against any of the better sides).

So are you predicting another 6-1 defeat like last Saturday then? :greengrin

Springbank
25-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I have to say I don't remember who we played on the Saturday before JC's team beat hearts 1-0 in 2006 en route to the cup win in 07.

I sure as hell remember the cup game (81%)

All I want on Saturday is a clean bill of health before wednesday

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 08:57 AM
So are you predicting another 6-1 defeat like last Saturday then? :greengrin

No, but genuinely don't remember when we last beat various teams at home in the league!

scoopyboy
25-10-2013, 09:43 AM
No, but genuinely don't remember when we last beat various teams at home in the league!

It's a fair comment Craig, and it got me thinking.

The two I can remember reasonably recently (well sort of) is a 2-0 win under Yogi where a late deflected Liam Miller shot clinched it and a Sunday afternoon where we trailed 1-0 before Zemmama scored from a free kick and then IIRC Deano and Fletch added a further two.

A lot of 0-0 results i think.

Lucius Apuleius
25-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Then have a wee look here. Tells you everything.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/

GreenCastle
25-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Will be a tough game and will be interesting to see how we line up at the back.

Aberdeen have sold their initial 1800 seats and so will have around 2000 at the game.

Looking forward to it - hopefully 3 points - no injuries and a yams loss and it will make a perfect weekend.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Then have a wee look here. Tells you everything.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/

Great site, thanks.

So yes, the last time we beat the dons at home was 4 years ago (31/10), when they were reduced to 9 men.

Lucius Apuleius
25-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Great site, thanks.

So yes, the last time we beat the dons at home was 4 years ago (31/10), when they were reduced to 9 men.

Lets hope they get a coup[le sent of the morra then eh?

rcarter1
25-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Great site, thanks.

These horrific records need to start changing its embarrassing. :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Lets hope they get a coup[le sent of the morra then eh?

Not sure Hibs would know what to do with the ball and space!

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Not even scored in the last 4 in the league against them, though 3 of the games have been 0-0.

CyberSauzee
25-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Great site, thanks.

In the league. Lest we forget a Deegan goal back in February on the way to collecting our annual runner's up medals.

Lucius Apuleius
25-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Said it before, say it again, never in my life been embarrassed by Hibs.

Not sure Hibs would know what to do with the ball and space!

Oh, I think they would.:wink:

Keith_M
25-10-2013, 11:20 AM

We've won two home league games in 2013 (Dundee and St Mirren), so I'd imagine it was some time before that.

Lucius Apuleius
25-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Not even scored in the last 4 in the league against them, though 3 of the games have been 0-0.

Aha, they ain't doing so well either!

LioNeilMessi
25-10-2013, 12:34 PM
A win would be nice. Also if it wasn't the usual Hibs v Aberdeen snore fest that would be great.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

HibeeMG
25-10-2013, 03:05 PM

So, a ton on 1-0 then? 8/1 with Bet365. :greengrin

marinello59
25-10-2013, 03:14 PM
This fixture is always a big one for me, I really hope we beat the sheep and silence their arrogant support. In Edinburgh already and pint number one going down well. :thumbsup:

Aldo
25-10-2013, 03:18 PM
This fixture is always a big one for me, I really hope we beat the sheep and silence their arrogant support. In Edinburgh already and pint number one going down well. :thumbsup:

M59

I've not really got an issue with their support, which is usually in large numbers and in good vocals but it's the sheep love in at the moment and the media (especially the muppets on that programme on the BBC)

From them they are the team that will finish 2nd and do well and are favs for LC blah Blah blah.

I want us to win for us and to stick it right up those who laugh at us and show negativity towards PF and team.

Bobby's Cinema
25-10-2013, 03:27 PM
We've won two home league games in 2013 (Dundee and St Mirren), so I'd imagine it was some time before that.
brutal

HibbyAndy
25-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Battered them at Easter rd last year and Mcginn scored a late winner for them..One of the few games ive enjoyed ans should have won.

Their will be goals tomorrow for sure, Ill go 3-2 us.

marinello59
25-10-2013, 04:03 PM
M59

I've not really got an issue with their support, which is usually in large numbers and in good vocals but it's the sheep love in at the moment and the media (especially the muppets on that programme on the BBC)

From them they are the team that will finish 2nd and do well and are favs for LC blah Blah blah.

I want us to win for us and to stick it right up those who laugh at us and show negativity towards PF and team.

:thumbsup:

R'Albin
25-10-2013, 04:16 PM
The Aberdeen support for this game seems to be filled with fairweather fans, so I'm praying that Hibs pull this one off.

Another 1-0 win with Williams completely carrying us again, I really want them to travel home knowing they've been robbed :greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-10-2013, 05:19 PM

This.

They almost rival Hearts for delusions.

Living up there i was regularly assured they always bring 'at least 5000 to ER'. It was always fun pointing out our away end only holds 3500 and they have filled it about once in all the time i can remember.

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2013, 08:07 PM

Jeez ur negativity never ends does it :(

GreenCastle
25-10-2013, 08:09 PM

That's a shocking stat ! considering it's nearly 2014

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Jeez ur negativity never ends does it :(

I think it was a fair question, highlighted by the grand total of 2 wins at home (Dundee and St Mirren) in all 2013 & 4 years was the answer to my question on the dons.
If thats good enough for you, then good on you.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2013, 08:39 PM
I think it was a fair question, highlighted by the grand total of 2 wins at home (Dundee and St Mirren) in all 2013 & 4 years was the answer to my question on the dons.
If thats good enough for you, then good on you.

Its an interesting point - when do you wipe the slate clean and which results are of most relevance?

I can see how Pat's a little miffed having gone on a decent run and taken on Celtic yet still little positive comment registered. If he's going to turn things around is it not more positive and beneficial to look to the future than potentially get dragged down by the past - in particular I think this must be the case the the derby although perhaps easier said than done...

(For the record whilst the jury was out for me on Pat previously, I had come to the conclusion that whilst we may find he made telling changes elsewhere in the club that others will reap benefits from, he didn't appear to have what it takes to translate his vision to players or change games and so with heavy heart it was time to consider a change.)