PDA

View Full Version : Golden Generation and East Mains/New Stand

InterviewLoI
24-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey guys. I'm doing a project for my economics class about investments in football. I was just wondering, how involved were the transfer fees we received for Riordan, brown etc in paying for East Mains?

Thanks a lot,
Donagh

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Someone will be along in a minute who isn't just guessing, however in the meantime, I would say significantly

bighairyfaeleith
24-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Hey guys. I'm doing a project for my economics class about investments in football. I was just wondering, how involved were the transfer fees we received for Riordan, brown etc in paying for East Mains?

Thanks a lot,
Donagh

Not an expert by any means but my recollection was that the transfer fees from Brown and whittaker pretty much paid for it, obviously some of the players that went before like o'connor allowed us to clear debt and get to a position where we could think about spending money on such a thing.

As far as I'm aware east mains is paid for, so no mortgage, therefore had to be funded by transfer fees. Someone who actually knows though will be along shortly :greengrin

Unseen work
24-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm sure it's roughly
Brown 4.4 million
Thomson 2 million
Whittikar 2 million
Murphy 1.6 million
Oconnor 1.6 million
Riordan 160k

Then pretty sure most of them gave their signing on fees aswell back to the youth development

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm sure it's roughly
Brown 4.4 million
Thomson 2 million
Whittikar 2 million
Murphy 1.6 million
Oconnor 1.6 million
Riordan 160k

Then pretty sure most of them gave their signing on fees aswell back to the youth development

i'm positive fletcher 'donated' as well, as for the list above...broonaldo and Go'c certainly did, and considering the way thomson left i would be quite surprised if he 'donated' anything, couldn't get to the bank with all those cuts on the soles of his feet :whistle: not too sure re: Deeks as well, same with murphs ? whitts ?

Kaff
24-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Not an expert by any means but my recollection was that the transfer fees from Brown and whittaker pretty much paid for it, obviously some of the players that went before like o'connor allowed us to clear debt and get to a position where we could think about spending money on such a thing.

As far as I'm aware east mains is paid for, so no mortgage, therefore had to be funded by transfer fees. Someone who actually knows though will be along shortly :greengrin

As well as the obvious income from transfer fees the crowds that their entertaining football drew in were probably a major reason for the rebuild. They showed that with the right product on the park a 20k stadium could be useful, hopefully those days aren't too far away again

connerg
24-10-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm sure it's roughly
Brown 4.4 million
Thomson 2 million
Whittikar 2 million
Murphy 1.6 million
Oconnor 1.6 million
Riordan 160k

Add to that list,

Miller £2 million
Sproule £500k
De la Cruz £1.5 million
Laursen £1.2 million

bighairyfaeleith
24-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Add to that list,

Miller £2 million
Sproule £500k
De la Cruz £1.5 million
Laursen £1.2 million

It's amazing how little we have sold recently looking at these lists

GreenOnions
24-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I think the east stand building work commenced at the start of 2010.

It's probably not strictly like this but, as Steven Fletcher was sold in mid/late 2009 for around £3m (with maybe up to £2m paid up front IIRC with the second installment a year later), it's more likely that it was this cash that facilitated the re-build of the East.

It would have been nowhere near as expensive to build as the West Stand as it is simply a shell with seats in it. The directors did make the rather sensible decision not to make it pink though - which most will agree is a blessing

rcarter1
25-10-2013, 05:48 AM
It's amazing how little we have sold recently looking at these lists

Its been the big flaw in Mr Petries plan for world domination. Assuming a conveyor belt of youth (but having no idea as to how to actually ensure that it happens), and insisting on a wage structure that virtually precludes getting a valuable saleable asset now and again (a la DeLa Cruz, Laursen, Murphy). If ever someone rested on their laurels it is RP post building stadium/East Mains.

The Falcon
25-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Its been the big flaw in Mr Petries plan for world domination. Assuming a conveyor belt of youth (but having no idea as to how to actually ensure that it happens), and insisting on a wage structure that virtually precludes getting a valuable saleable asset now and again (a la DeLa Cruz, Laursen, Murphy). If ever someone rested on their laurels it is RP post building stadium/East Mains.

De Graff, O'Brien, Makalambay ?

bighairyfaeleith
25-10-2013, 07:00 AM

De Graff, yes, how is he getting in at Real Madrid. Now that was a box to box midfielder.

The Modfather
25-10-2013, 07:02 AM

If we didn't have Petrie we would have a chairman like Romanov and go the way of Hearts. That's the only other alternative to Petrie, it must be true as I've read it on here from some of the more hysterical posters when the subject comes up.

Still, we have a "5 year plan" so nothing to concern ourselves with...

gackohibs
25-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Add to that list,

Miller £2 million
Sproule £500k
De la Cruz £1.5 million
Laursen £1.2 million

and Fletcher for £3millon

CyberSauzee
25-10-2013, 07:22 AM

AoB, currently terrorising the defences in the Southern Premier League for Hungerford Town. They got him for nothing funnily enough.