PDA

View Full Version : Asterix is a hibee?

Crazyhorse
24-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Did I hear the radio right in the new book out today 'Asterix in Scotland' he is sporting a Hibernian FC tattoo?

Mikey
24-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I heard that earlier today on........ erm........ Radio 4!!

Crazyhorse
24-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I heard that earlier today on........ erm........ Radio 4!!

OK it's a fair cop!

Green Reaper
24-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Obelix must be a yam though, kinda looks like one, hope that's not racist/sectarian etc 😮

hibsbollah
24-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Obelix must be a yam though, kinda looks like one, hope that's not racist/sectarian etc 😮

:grr: no ****ing way. Obelix is a good guy. Theres something yam-like about Cacofonix and his dodgy tache though.

Mikey
24-10-2013, 05:51 PM
OK it's a fair cop!

So what's your excuse? :greengrin

Crazyhorse
24-10-2013, 06:22 PM
So what's your excuse? :greengrin

It's only occasional use ... I mean I'm not addicted or anything ... honest...

Green Reaper
24-10-2013, 06:36 PM
:grr: no ****ing way. Obelix is a good guy. Theres something yam-like about Cacofonix and his dodgy tache though.

You're right, Obelix obviously is good and therefore no yam, maybe we should just agree the Romans are the yams, and maybe Cacofonix 😁

nonshinyfinish
24-10-2013, 09:33 PM
What's wrong with Radio 4? Granted there's some fairly shan stuff in the middle of the day, but morning and evening it's one of very few radio stations worth listening to.

jacomo
24-10-2013, 09:49 PM
What's wrong with Radio 4? Granted there's some fairly shan stuff in the middle of the day, but morning and evening it's one of very few radio stations worth listening to.

It's no wonder they say the Hibees are gay, with this kind of chat.

:wink:

Mikey
25-10-2013, 08:40 AM
It's only occasional use ... I mean I'm not addicted or anything ... honest...

I usually listen to Radio 2 in the car but couldn't be bothered with Michael Ball so I thought I'd give it a go.

Their accents are somewhat spiffing :greengrin

dangermouse
25-10-2013, 08:48 AM
I usually listen to Radio 2 in the car but couldn't be bothered with Michael Ball so I thought I'd give it a go.

Their accents are somewhat spiffing :greengrin

PR4L as Scott Mills would say.

Lester B
25-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I heard this on Radio 4 yesterday too and thought about posting it though it would mean outing myself as a Radio 4 listener. Thank you for the support here. Now out and proud.

Next time the famous Hibees thread comes up, which it seems to on a regular basis, we have another to add!

BarneyK
25-10-2013, 10:15 AM
The Evening News have picked up on this new Asterix book in today's issue but curiously don't mention a Hibs tattoo at all. If Getafix had been spotted making a 5-1 sign behind Asterix's back though...

hhibs
25-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Book now ordered for Grandkid,more propaganda !!:greengrin

PS Who am I kidding, I will be reading it first.:thumbsup:

Hal Jordan
25-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Asterix and the Picts.
Sadly, it won't be on a par with the original Goscinny and Underzo Asterix books, but worth a punt.

http://www.asterix.com/the-collection/albums/asterix-and-the-picts.html

Peevemor
25-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I've just had a squint at the interweb to see what I could find out about this.

http://blog.francetvinfo.fr/case-a-part/2013/10/24/asterix-chez-les-pictes-lu-et-approuve.html

Here they say

... lorsque Panoramix s'interroge sur l'origine de Mac Oloch, il pense qu'il est "hibernien" (irlandais). Voyant les tatouages tribaux ...

Basically, Panoramix sees MacOloch (a pict) who has tribal tattoos which lead the Gaul to believe that he is hibernian (Irish).

I can't find anything about Asterix himeself getting a tattoo.

Crazyhorse
25-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I heard this on Radio 4 yesterday too and thought about posting it though it would mean outing myself as a Radio 4 listener. Thank you for the support here. Now out and proud.

Next time the famous Hibees thread comes up, which it seems to on a regular basis, we have another to add!

Yeah I'm just relieved that people now know. Hardest part will be telling my dad....