PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Forum & Tasting With Lindleys Catering Manager, Saturday 26th (Postponed)

Mikey
23-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Anyone interested in this? If so, please PM me and I'll pass your name on. I'll need a mobile number too which will be passed on to the LWT person who's running it (just in case of call offs). LWT are looking for around 20 people to attend.

Green Views Survey

As a result of the LWT survey conducted some months back we have been working on areas for action. One of these was in response to negative feedback on 'in stadium catering'.

We have secured a forum with Lindleys Catering Manager at ER on Saturday - this will take the form of a presentation and tasting.

Time / location - Club Store 11.55am, Saturday 26th October

We are looking for volunteers of all ages / genders / those who do & those who don't use catering to participate.

It will be first come first served basis - please only volunteer if you are committed to participating as we do not want to waste the opportunity we have worked hard to get!

PM (Mikey) to get our name down

You'll see I've highlighted part of it. If you think you might be unable to make it then don't put yourself forward!

This is a good chance for those who have issues with the catering, or perhaps can give their own expert viewpoint if they work in the industry. It's NOT just a free scran :wink:

Let's be having you.............

I'm_cabbaged
23-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Anyone interested in this? If so, please PM me and I'll pass your name on. I'll need a mobile number too which will be passed on to the LWT person who's running it (just in case of call offs). LWT are looking for around 20 people to attend

You'll see I've highlighted part of it. If you think you might be unable to make it then don't put yourself forward!

This is a good chance for those who have issues with the catering, or perhaps can give their own expert viewpoint if they work in the industry. It's NOT just a free scran :wink:

Let's be having you.............

11.55am? I'll be stone cold sober and everything will taste crap!! ;)

Mikey
23-10-2013, 06:21 PM
11.55am? I'll be stone cold sober and everything will taste crap!! ;)

:tee hee:

down-the-slope
23-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Pleased to get this chance for input and feedback.

wonder what the tasting will include?...quite looking forward to it :smug:

Mikey
23-10-2013, 08:30 PM
The meeting point has been changed to the club store.

Sergey
23-10-2013, 09:18 PM
The meeting point has been changed to the club store.

WTF - This isn't a linen tablecloth and fine dining experience then.

The club should take a note of what us London Hibs lads eat - that should be the benchmark as to what's acceptable in 2013.

SAY NO TO OVERPRICED JUNK FOOD.

down-the-slope
23-10-2013, 09:29 PM
WTF - This isn't a linen tablecloth and fine dining experience then.

The club should take a note of what us London Hibs lads eat - that should be the benchmark as to what's acceptable in 2013.

SAY NO TO OVERPRICED JUNK FOOD.

:agree: Take away Sushi is a health killer

The Green Goblin
23-10-2013, 09:44 PM
What a great idea. Would love to go (but can't obviously). Fwiw, my vote would be for baked tatties with different fillings. :-) This is a really positive opportunity. Hope something comes out of it. Well done to all involved.

weecounty hibby
23-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I can't commit but i think it is not only the quality that is the issue. For me it is the cost, the cost of pretty much everything on offer is way over the top. The food is part of the matchday experience for my son and he likes to have something when we get in AND at HT add on drinks and this can add on about a tenner to an already expensive day out. Just my opinion and hope that it works out on the day as it is good to be able to discus stuff like this with the suppliers
Should have been clearer it is the average quality married to the above average prices thats the problem.

RIP
24-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Is it possible to list how many other clubs have a tender with Lindleys? Would it be an idea to post on their message boards seeking supporter views?

hongkonghibee
24-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Why don't they sell the pies throughout the match by having staff going up and down the aisles selling them? They would sell a lot more that way and cut down the queues at half-time. They do this at lots of sporting fixtures, so why not at Easter Road? Bring it all in-house and have the same person selling programmes and scarfs and curly wurlies!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2013, 08:20 AM
:agree: Take away Sushi is a health killer

Stewart Mcguire at the Hibs Foundation (at the Healthy Hibee sessions) was saying that there's a club (think it was down in England) that introduced healthy burger options (with salad and reduced fat) And healthy curries and they sold out perhaps worth considering? Also healthier options for kids - was it St Mirren that do a kids box and throw in a toy - they love stuff like that odd tho it seems...

Speed of service is also an issue. The west lower we are around seats 20-30 speed is shocking even tho we get in early is seems to take an at even if it's just one in front of you. Must be murder at half time so we don't ever go then.

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2013, 08:27 AM
One suggestion I'd like to add.

One of the best things I have had at a game was the Cowdenbeath cup game.

Nice cup of hot soup - set up some soup stations in the concourse and dont fleece the fans for it.

dangermouse
24-10-2013, 08:29 AM
What they are basically selling is "Fast Food" but not very fast. For them to be more efficient in selling this type of food they should take a trip to McD's or Burger King to see how it's done then those who join a massive queue at half time don't miss the start of the second half.

They'd probably have to change the servery layout behind the scenes though and that costs money!

Frogga
24-10-2013, 09:16 AM
My biggest issue is with the service really. All we're asking is for the catering staff to work hard for 20mins in and around half time. I stopped buying food at ER after being made late for the second half of games by staff doddling/chatting to each other/not knowing what they are doing. Very annoying.

Mikey
24-10-2013, 09:29 AM
No takers for this? We get regular rants about the catering so here's your chance!

hibsmad
24-10-2013, 09:45 AM
No takers for this? We get regular rants about the catering so here's your chance!

I hope you manage to make a bit of progress with the quality of food on offer.

Personally I don't really mind the food being crap. Greasy pies and floppy pizzas are part of the match day experience.

What I take exception to are the prices charged. Can't remember exactly but is it not about £7.50 for a "meal deal"? Unfortunately going to any taste day won't rectify this problem. Even if they did take the issue of price on board, what would they do about it? Reduce the cost to £6.95?

That kind of daylight robbery has not been seen since last Remembrance Sunday when the poppy bill arrived at Tynecastle.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2013, 10:53 AM
tell them tae ram the £1.90p for a bottle of water :cb

:)

RIP
24-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Why don't they sell the pies throughout the match by having staff going up and down the aisles selling them? They would sell a lot more that way and cut down the queues at half-time. They do this at lots of sporting fixtures, so why not at Easter Road? Bring it all in-house and have the same person selling programmes and scarfs and curly wurlies!

Good idea but reckon food would get cauld too quick? Might be worth it with snacks and cans of juice though. One of the main reasons fowk wait till half time is an unwillingness to miss the entertainment on display

Can't belive I just wrote that wi a straight face!! :greengrin

Kaff
24-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I hope you manage to make a bit of progress with the quality of food on offer.

Personally I don't really mind the food being crap. Greasy pies and floppy pizzas are part of the match day experience.

What I take exception to are the prices charged. Can't remember exactly but is it not about £7.50 for a "meal deal"? Unfortunately going to any taste day won't rectify this problem. Even if they did take the issue of price on board, what would they do about it? Reduce the cost to £6.95?

That kind of daylight robbery has not been seen since last Remembrance Sunday when the poppy bill arrived at Tynecastle.

Its hard to justify their prices, on Sat I paid £9.90 for a med coke, hotdog, coffee and capri sun, but i'm sure that's relative to the fee they will pay Hibs for the concession. Only way to drive the prices down would be for them to sell more and the suggestion above about staff going through the stands would be a very good way of doing that imo. I hate going at halftime in any ground as you always miss some of the 2nd half but since I now take the kids with me its something I have to do until they're a bit older.

mutley
24-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Good idea but reckon food would get cauld too quick? Might be worth it with snacks and cans of juice though. One of the main reasons fowk wait till half time is an unwillingness to miss the entertainment on display I usually wait until 1 min before the half time whistle to try and beat the queues. The reason I leave it until then is that I bought a season ticket to watch football, not to stand in a queue for over priced food an luke warm coffee (yes I now it's usually scalding hot, but last week it was barely warm....somewhere in the middle of those would be good)

RIP
24-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Why is it just the theatre that you can pay for your refreshments before the show then pick them up at the interval?

Mikey
25-10-2013, 08:39 AM
No more for this? At the moment the biggest message the club and the caterers are going to get is that it's not really that big a problem after all :wink:

Saorsa
25-10-2013, 08:56 AM
No more for this? At the moment the biggest message the club and the caterers are going to get is that it's not really that big a problem after all :wink:I dinnae buy the stuff anyway so it disnae bother me but lets be honest they already ken what the problem is. It's crap and over priced which has been mentioned many times before. Do they really need so many people tae turn up in person tae tell them what they already ken? They're the caterers, they ken what tae do, lower the price or improve the quality or both. Regardless of their costs there is absolutely nae justification for the prices charged for soggy luke warm pies that probably cost them about 10p

dangermouse
25-10-2013, 12:30 PM
No more for this? At the moment the biggest message the club and the caterers are going to get is that it's not really that big a problem after all :wink:

Unfortunately I can't make it for the stipulated time or I would indeed be along to tell them what I think of their products, over priced and poor quality, throw in bad service for good measure.

Mikey
25-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Last call.........

Pretty Boy
25-10-2013, 05:51 PM
One suggestion I'd like to add.

One of the best things I have had at a game was the Cowdenbeath cup game.

Nice cup of hot soup - set up some soup stations in the concourse and dont fleece the fans for it.

100% this.

It was freezing that day, i may not have noticed due to excessive lager and whisky consumption, but the other half appreciated a warm soup to heat her up.

hibsbollah
25-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Last call.........

Ive been bumping my gums about this for ages but...can't make it, sorry.

down-the-slope
25-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Ive been bumping my gums about this for ages but...can't make it, sorry.

:aok: we are going to postpone so that gum bumpers like you don't miss the chance :greengrin

RIP
25-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Or maybe that turning up at 11.40 for an 11.55 start when the kickoffs 3pm was the main obstacle? Time suited Lindleys but no one else?

Bristolhibby
25-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Some suggestions (don't know if it can be passed on.

In Prague I remember a guy walking round with a hot box of hotdogs. They do it in the states, can we not have guys wandering round selling pies?

J

down-the-slope
25-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Or maybe that turning up at 11.40 for an 11.55 start when the kickoffs 3pm was the main obstacle? Time suited Lindleys but no one else?

Bit unfair on Lindleys who have been only too happy to meet (they have done this at other of their sports venues) Blame me if you like :greengrin - or the unrealistic idea that you can ask 100's of non pre committed individuals when they want something to happen that they may or may not then goto :rolleyes:

RIP
25-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Bit unfair on Lindleys who have been only too happy to meet (they have done this at other of their sports venues) Blame me if you like :greengrin - or the unrealistic idea that you can ask 100's of non pre committed individuals when they want something to happen that they may or may not then goto :rolleyes:

Not fair to suggest I was dissing the caterer or you. Quite the opposite actually. Just saying that asking supporters to leave home midmorning for a food tasting was expecting a lot. Thanks for trying though

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 11:41 PM

I would have come along but the time was just too early for me this Sat. Hopefully it is a productive exercise :aok:

IanM
28-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I waited 19 mins for a pie on saturday after heading to the kiosk when the half time whislte blowed..
i dont really mind waiting 15 but not the start of the game..

couple of things i noticed that might make a difference..

deploy the staff better - they're only heaving for 15 minutes yet they had one person flipping burgers and one person cooking chips. for a start both the machines are next to each other, its a one person job but there's never an abundance of food at half time and even less when you have to wait nearly 15 mins.

no management - until half time there wasn't anyone orchestrating the staff, there was no leadership until some big guy came in, gave them a 'come on' as the 2nd half started and they shifted gear..

i dont have a problem waiting 15 mins, stretches the legs! but you can see quite clearly if they deployed their staff better, had a bit of urgency and a manager in each area it'd work smoother

credit to some of the staff though, the girl working the queue next to mine had her pies oot quicker and cash in quicker than they were asking!