PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ian Holloway sacked

PatHead
23-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Didn't give him long did they?

coco22
23-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Feel sorry for Holloway. Don't think he quite has it at the highest level unfortunately. Have always wanted him to do well in the prem but think he is a champ manager. Good bloke who has a hard life away from football. Love watching the clips of him on the old (and once good) soccer AM.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2013, 05:40 PM
It looks like he'd had a bit of a bad deal here, but he did take over Palace when they were third, and finished last season in 6th.

He did win the play offs, but they have been absolute pish in the Premiership and way off the standard needed to stay up which is their main aim.

Tony Pullis for the job maybe? :yawn:

HibbyAndy
23-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Shame.His interviews were a hoot.

Jonny1875
23-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Hes a real character, miss him on motd.

jacomo
23-10-2013, 05:53 PM
The Guardian are suggesting that he offered to resign after the Fulham game and again yesterday.

Seems he had a few issues with the club's transfer policy over the summer, maybe he just feels he can't do anything with this squad?

Crystal Palace all but relegated in my view - now need to avoid the lowest ever points total to avoid total ignominy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2013, 06:03 PM
SSN hinting that he has said the job is beyond him.

J-C
23-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Resigned, said feeling tired and needs a break, Palace chairman tried to talk hom out of it, just been on Talksport

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Seems he had a few issues with the club's transfer policy over the summer, maybe he just feels he can't do anything with this squad?

That team that he was able to select on Monday was certainly not anywhere near EPL standard.

brog
23-10-2013, 07:02 PM
This is not a shock. Palace are my local team & apart from the terrible start to the season there have been lots of rumours re dressing room problems & also stories that IH was acting even more barking than normal. Shame really, but as others have said on this thread he's maybe not up to the job at the highest level.

heretoday
23-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Seems harsh although he will walk into a job in the Championship, maybe at Boro who have just sacked TM. It's a merry-go-round.

Jonnyboy
23-10-2013, 07:49 PM
His record from 4 November 2012 to 23 October 2013

P46 W 14 D 14 L 18 GF 59 GA 64

Not that shabby really

Also, this is worth a listen :greengrin http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22707916

jacomo
25-10-2013, 10:31 AM
This is not a shock. Palace are my local team & apart from the terrible start to the season there have been lots of rumours re dressing room problems & also stories that IH was acting even more barking than normal. Shame really, but as others have said on this thread he's maybe not up to the job at the highest level.

I think IH did a pretty good job at Blackpool, given their budget.

Nobody thought Palace were ready to go up, and then they failed to build properly in the summer. Steve Parish seems a decent chairman as they go but perhaps too big a step up for him too?

Holmesdale Hibs
25-10-2013, 10:42 AM

Mine too, maybe we're neighbours...

I went to a couple of games last year and remember saying the if we get promoted then premiership teams would have a field day against that defense. Its the same back 4 so I'm not surprised they're conceding so many goals.

I like Holloway and am disappointed it didn't work for him. But the team under IH the team lacked quality in every department (maybe the goalkeeper is alright) and was 100% certain for relegation, so its probably worth a punt on a new manager. Personally, I'd go for Martin O'Neill as Stoke played some brutal football under Pulis. It might have been effective but can't see myself going to many game is they play like Stoke.

I'm going to the Arsenal game tomorrow, should be interesting.