PDA

View Full Version : Fergie's Book

coco22
22-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. A few unsurprising insights reported on so far with Ferguson expanding on stories that were already out there.

Not had a chance to read any of it yet but thought his comment on managing England was quite funny:

“Crozier came to Old Trafford and made me the offer to manage the team. It didn’t take me long to answer. 10 seconds.

“There was no way I could manage England. Not in a million years..... Dearie me.”

Also commented that Rooney 'finds it difficult to learn new skills in training'.

weonlywon6-2
22-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I think it could be a very good read.noticed some comments online about Beckham which makes him lok a bit of a spoilt child

khib70
22-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I think it could be a very good read.noticed some comments online about Beckham which makes him lok a bit of a spoilt child
Yes, but how does it make Beckham look?:greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Yes, but how does it make Beckham look?:greengrin

:tee hee:

Miguel
22-10-2013, 10:32 PM
:tee hee:
From what I've heard, Fergie saw Beckham and Posh's relationship the way people saw John and Yoko. He'd been a father figure to Becks since he was 12, but now his mind wasn't on the football, so he had to go.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Did anyone see his comment on Calderwood?
... No? Thought not wonder why ;)

Billy Whizz
23-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Did anyone see his comment on Calderwood?
... No? Thought not wonder why ;)

Jimmy or Colin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Jimmy or Colin

Hopefully the only Calderwood to be associated with Hibs management...

Moon unit
23-10-2013, 08:58 AM
"Gerrard isn't a player"..the old un as been taking his special medicine again! Only the same guy who tried to sign him in 2005.More bitter and twisted with his comments about players he couldn't get!

(((Fergus)))
23-10-2013, 09:43 AM
He really does stain his record with his incredibly classless trolling of other people in football. It's one thing playing mind games to go and win football matches, but to smear people from the pages of a book where they have no comeback and the only reward can be the venting of his own personal poison is really disappointing.

Treadstone
23-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Apparently a total glossover of the 'Rock of Gibraltar' affair.

khib70
23-10-2013, 10:25 AM
He really does stain his record with his incredibly classless trolling of other people in football. It's one thing playing mind games to go and win football matches, but to smear people from the pages of a book where they have no comeback and the only reward can be the venting of his own personal poison is really disappointing.
This:agree:

IWasThere2016
23-10-2013, 11:42 AM

I think he's a total cock. Always have done.

allezsauzee
23-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Given his desire to censor the press whenever they wanted to say anything that might cast himself or Manchester United in a bad light over the past 27 years, I'd be reluctant to take anything Fergie writes as being anything but being a rose tinted (or perhaps Rosé tinted) version of events in favour of himself and the club. I'm sure it will be an interesting enough read however.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2013, 12:14 PM

Pity. That's the only part of the book i'd have been really interested in as it was a strange situation and definitely had an adverse effect on Man Utd.

As for the rest of the book, i'm always a bit wary when someone uses an autobiography to settle old scores as it is always only one side of the story.

EVENTUALLY
23-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I think he's a total cock. Always have done. He was one of the nastiest players ever to lace up a pair of fitba boots. A pure gobsh#te over the years as a manager and a 2 faced bitter and twisted loser whenever defeated.

southfieldhibby
23-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Tend to agree

Legally not allowed to, his deal with Magnier restricts him.

hibsmad
23-10-2013, 01:08 PM
He is definitely a love him or hate him kind of guy.

I personally thought he was great and find it hilarious the amount of stick he is getting. He is a winner and I respect him.

As far as why he is writing this book. He clearly doesn't need the money and in my opinion he just likes letting people know what goes on behind the scenes. He used to write diaries and release them at the end of each season. I found them really interesting as he would talk about every key decision and how he made it. From disciplinary issues to team selection. I guess he stopped doing it as the profile of the Premiership raised so much that it would be best for the club if he wasn't so open. Now that he has retired he can tell everyone what went on.

Now obviously this is his own side of the story but other people do have a right of reply. Roy Keane was asked about it on tv last night and Mark Bosnich was interviewed on TalkSport this morning. Plus anyone who wants their side of the story put across only needs to contact pretty much any news channel/paper and they will be all over it.

In my opinion he is not being arrogant, just honest, and people can't deal with the fact that this approach has brought him more success than any other manager in the history of the game.

VickMackie
23-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Am I the only one that hasn't read anything most people didn't alreayd know?

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2013, 01:37 PM

I personally thought he was great and find it hilarious the amount of stick he is getting. He is a winner and I respect him.

:agree: a scotsman, one of world footballs most successful managers ever, as well as managing a scottish team to win the European cup winners cup AND the Super cup....respect :agree:

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2013, 02:06 PM

As far as why he is writing this book. He clearly doesn't need the money and in my opinion he just likes letting people know what goes on behind the scenes. He used to write diaries and release them at the end of each season. I found them really interesting as he would talk about every key decision and how he made it. From disciplinary issues to team selection. I guess he stopped doing it as the profile of the Premiership raised so much that it would be best for the club if he wasn't so open. Now that he has retired he can tell everyone what went on.

Now obviously this is his own side of the story but other people do have a right of reply. Roy Keane was asked about it on tv last night and Mark Bosnich was interviewed on TalkSport this morning. Plus anyone who wants their side of the story put across only needs to contact pretty much any news channel/paper and they will be all over it.

In my opinion he is not being arrogant, just honest, and people can't deal with the fact that this approach has brought him more success than any other manager in the history of the game.

I love him, but he's the sort of overbearing prick who just has to have the last word. Thus the book.

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Just making sure that I made myself ABSOLUTELY CLEAR in that last post.

sadtom
23-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I love him, but he's the sort of overbearing prick who just has to have the last word. Thus the book.

'Needless to say, he had the last laugh.' :wink:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I respected him for what he has achieved in the game, but I think he's made an absolute fool of himself with some of his comments.

ManBearPig
23-10-2013, 02:57 PM
'Needless to say, he had the last laugh.' :wink:

I believe that he ends every chapter with that phrase

weonlywon6-2
23-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I have not seen all the comments but he was a huge character in the game so i dont see any harm in him letting the rest of us find out what it has been like behind the scenes for many years.
Its not rocket sceince that he fell out with Beckham,Rooney and Keane so we shouldnt be surprised about his comments.
Basically most think those three above are phannies anyway so Fergie only admitting it to!!

He has been the most succesful manager of all time and i doubt if his achievements will ever be equalled as managers dont get the time these days.

The_Exile
23-10-2013, 03:12 PM
managers dont get the time these days.

Hiya Pat, hiya pal :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
23-10-2013, 03:14 PM
I got to the end of the book, then another 6 pages appeared.

HibeeMassive
23-10-2013, 03:24 PM
He used to write diaries and release them at the end of each season. I found them really interesting as he would talk about every key decision and how he made it. From disciplinary issues to team selection.

Are those available online somewhere - I reckon that would be a more interesting read than his book.

I love getting stories from inside the game, been lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time with Sir Patrick of Stanton over the past few years and could sit and listen to his stories all day long.

Kato
23-10-2013, 03:32 PM

:wink:

hibsmad
23-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Are those available online somewhere - I reckon that would be a more interesting read than his book.

I love getting stories from inside the game, been lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time with Sir Patrick of Stanton over the past few years and could sit and listen to his stories all day long.

Just Googled Alex Ferguson Diary and there are two available on Amazon - 'A Year In The Life' and 'A Will To Win'.

I thought there were more than this but think that that is due to the fact I was pretty young when I read them and it probably just took me ages to get through them :greengrin

allezsauzee
23-10-2013, 04:09 PM

you can be vewy pwoud of that one

Jonnyboy
23-10-2013, 07:56 PM
From what I've heard, Fergie saw Beckham and Posh's relationship the way people saw John and Yoko. He'd been a father figure to Becks since he was 12, but now his mind wasn't on the football, so he had to go.

Not entirely sure why you used my post to make your point? Incidentally, I agree with what you say

Miguel
23-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Not entirely sure why you used my post to make your point? Incidentally, I agree with what you say

Just cause you asked how the book made Beckham look.
Beckham's talent diminished in inverse proportion to his fame, but then what's more important, love or footie?!