View Full Version : Celtic v Ajax

22-10-2013, 11:32 AM
The days when Scottish clubs like ourselves get to the latter stages off euro comps have gone, probably forever.
Most other countries have overtaken us and i doubt there's a way back.
I'm not joining in with the"we have to support celtic to improve the co-effiwhatever"
It hardly makes a difference to also ran Scottish clubs anymore.
Celtic not making the group stages would (in a strange way)be better for Scottish football.
They wouldn't get the huge heap of cash and it would bring them back closer to the other Scottish clubs.
Maybe then the Scottish game wouldn't be the foregone conclusion it most certainly is right now.
C'mon Ajax.

22-10-2013, 12:08 PM
This is nonsense on every level.

Any notion that competitiveness leads to an exciting league is nonsense look at every top league in Europe as evidence. Top drawer footballers who bring quality and press attention (due to their quality) is what improves a league.

Yes Celtic being poorer would bring the rest of the league closer. But i would rather see Celtic do well in Europe and improve the league as a whole using the following benefits.

The rest of the league playing against quality Celtic players will improve them as individuals.

Regardless of their place in Europe they will still be financially ahead of everyone else in the league.

Playing against poorer opposition gradually makes you a poorer player and vice versa.

ANY Scottish team who is successful in Europe gain bonus payments that are distributed to the rest of the league.

If Scottish teams do well in Europe. The rest of the league benefits from a greater chance of reaching Europa Group stages + the Bonuses for success in The Champions League.

Higher co-efficient = More Places in the European competitions. More places = more exposure + more attractive to potential signings + more money to sign better players.

The only reason someone should not want Celtic or any Scottish team to do well would be purely emotional and frankly pathetic.

Shared Success (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/237839-scottish-premiership-clubs-to-share-15m-uefa-champions-league-windfall/)

22-10-2013, 12:18 PM

Any notion that competitiveness leads to an exciting league is nonsense look at every top league in Europe as evidence. Top drawer footballers who bring quality and press attention (due to their quality) is what improves a league.

Yes Celtic being poorer would bring the rest of the league closer. But i would rather see Celtic do well in Europe and improve the league as a whole using the following benefits.

The rest of the league playing against quality Celtic players will improve them as individuals.

Regardless of their place in Europe they will still be financially ahead of everyone else in the league.

Playing against poorer opposition gradually makes you a poorer player and vice versa.

ANY Scottish team who is successful in Europe gain bonus payments that are distributed to the rest of the league.

If Scottish teams do well in Europe. The rest of the league benefits from a greater chance of reaching Europa Group stages + the Bonuses for success in The Champions League.

Higher co-efficient = More Places in the European competitions. More places = more exposure + more attractive to potential signings + more money to sign better players.

The only reason someone should not want Celtic or any Scottish team to do well would be purely emotional and frankly pathetic.

***** Celtic. Hope they get fk'd. Same as Hertz/dead huns etc when they used to play in Europe.

22-10-2013, 12:28 PM
One of my favourite teams outside of Scotland is Ajax so an easy decision for me.

Also, I've got Ajax in my accumulator - the odds are a respectable 2/1 - Ajax haven't been as good as they used to be this season but still they should have beaten AC Milan, Brown and Commons are out and Celtic aren't that good.

Hup Ajax!!
XXX
Amsterdam

22-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I was talking to one of the Celtc supporters in the office this morning, and I said, "A really big night tonight" to which he started on about how they needed to get a result and not be too concerned about Ajax and their strongarm tactics. Once he finished I said, "oh, is there football tonight, I was talking about the final of the Great British Bake Off tonight"

His face was a picture. I then said I would be surprised if Celtc kept it below 3.......

Bookings.

22-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I hope Celtic get buggered .

McSwanky
22-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Shared Success (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/237839-scottish-premiership-clubs-to-share-15m-uefa-champions-league-windfall/)

So:

- Celtc qualify for Group Stages
- Celtc receive circa £16m
- All other 'Premiership' clubs (although the article also confusingly states that the central pot is to be shared by all 42 senior teams) get an equal share of £1.5m
- So best case scenario is that hibs get just under £140,000. Less than a hundredth of Celtc's payout.

If that's shared success, you can keep it.

Cmon Ajax.

22-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Dont stop at 2 or 3 Ajax!!!

22-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Celtic copy everyone - have ruined the Scottish game alongside their old firm sisters.

They moan about when Hibs players put in a tackle at the weekend - when they often bully us during games like the Scottish Cup Final.

The further they progress the more money for them - the bigger gap between the rest of us as they continue to buy our best players.

No thanks - come on Ajax - hammer them!

glenn6270
22-10-2013, 01:13 PM
C' mon Ajax no brainer really

22-10-2013, 01:40 PM
The days when Scottish clubs like ourselves get to the latter stages off euro comps have gone, probably forever.
Most other countries have overtaken us and i doubt there's a way back.
I'm not joining in with the"we have to support celtic to improve the co-effiwhatever"
It hardly makes a difference to also ran Scottish clubs anymore.
Celtic not making the group stages would (in a strange way)be better for Scottish football.
They wouldn't get the huge heap of cash and it would bring them back closer to the other Scottish clubs.
Maybe then the Scottish game wouldn't be the foregone conclusion it most certainly is right now.
C'mon Ajax.

If Celtic failed to qualify for the group stages every year, it would definitely bring them closer to the other Scottish clubs. :agree:

In exactly the same way that if I stood on my garage roof, it'll mean the moon is closer to me!

I don't particularly care, but let's be clear, the ONLY way Hibs and other clubs can benefit is if Celtic qualify from the group.

We would get another windfall, they would be preoccupied with their European adventure, plus we might get more European places if the co-efficient improves.

If they get knocked out, they'll just try again next year.

22-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Really want Ajax to leather them tonight

Sent from my iphone

bod
22-10-2013, 01:58 PM
moan the hoops

22-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Is the wanting Celtc to win thing the return of the "trickle down effect"?

That was the (now discredited) 1980's Tory theory that says it was good for the rich to get richer because some of those riches might "trickle down" to the poor people. Basically, everybody else should be happy to get the crumbs that fall off the table.

Sod that for a theory. I hope they get royally humped.

22-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm also in the ABC camp. Come on Ajax.

22-10-2013, 03:07 PM
A lot of Huns on this thread, clearly :rolleyes::greengrin

22-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I consider myself a patriotic Scotsman and wish fellow Scots teams well. I was a temporary (armchair) supporter of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd for one day each when watching them in European Finals.

As I said, I would be happy for any SCOTTISH club (with the exception of Hearts) to do well in Europe.

However, here's a photo from the last time Celtc reached a European final. Answers on a postcard as to why I said "stuff them, I couldn't give a toss"

22-10-2013, 05:28 PM

Think that's a good post - see no reason not to wish clubs of the same league/nation well when we're not involved, particularly when a good performance benefits the standing of our game abroad - hope Celtic do OK. Could be the fact I live abroad - I even like to see the English team doing well ... Having said that, I'll be watching the Arsenal - Dortmund game this evening, hope Dortumund win that one ... and I hope Schalke beat Chelski

brian6-2
22-10-2013, 05:32 PM
hate celtic with a passion. hope ajax take about 5 off them.

McKenzie
22-10-2013, 06:15 PM
After the way Lennon was crying at the weekend, couldn't give a **** about co-efficients or the like. Come on Ajax.

neilmartinrocks
22-10-2013, 06:20 PM
There seems to be a bit of a rammy going on pre-match.
Ajax "fans" are running about smashing up the place.
Hope the Tims kept a few of they CS cannisters handy.

22-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Even more reason to love Ajax - mon the F Side!

22-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Ajax hopefully win by about 8

22-10-2013, 06:48 PM

How can you smash up that bit of the stand. Been there many times supporting Hibs and most of the seats don't have backs to them!

neilmartinrocks
22-10-2013, 06:59 PM
How can you smash up that bit of the stand. Been there many times supporting Hibs and most of the seats don't have backs to them!

It's the town they're smashing up celtic shop in town been done Ajax cashies.

22-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Arsenal 1 down to borussia

BH Hibs
22-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Lustig being "competitive" so far Mr Lennon

22-10-2013, 07:10 PM
A lot of Huns on this thread, clearly :rolleyes::greengrin

No one managed to shoehorn them in. Until now.

22-10-2013, 07:15 PM
prawn sandwich v bratwurst football....always been a sausage man :greengrin 80,000 average home attendances last season....on my bucket list to get to a match at the Westfallen

22-10-2013, 07:19 PM
No one managed to shoehorn them in. Until now.

Was wondering when you'd show up :greengrin

22-10-2013, 07:20 PM
It's the town they're smashing up celtic shop in town been done Ajax cashies.

Smashing up anything near to celtic park will only improve the look of the area

22-10-2013, 07:27 PM
What an excellent ball by Sagna.
1-1 Giroud

22-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Hope celtic get beat.the older i get the more i dislike them

22-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Celtic 1-0 from a penalty

22-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Celtic 1-0 from a penalty

Typical

22-10-2013, 07:59 PM
2-0 now kayal

hibbymick
22-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Forrest diving again, cant stand that wee scrote.

22-10-2013, 08:14 PM
How poor are Ajax??

22-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Fair play to the lessers, Ajax are no mugs.

22-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Hope Samaras' modelling career isnae over.

22-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Bang 1-2 Dort. Do nowt for pretty much 60 mins goal

22-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Grudging respect due to Celtc. An excellent result.

22-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Straight red for Biton, quite right too

22-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Provan is an embarrassment with that chat.

khib70
22-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Straight red for Biton, quite right too
Interesting to see what that weaselly ginger fud will have to say about that one. Absolutely shocking challenge:rolleyes:

22-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Take into account Lennon's comments from the weekend and that is probably two red cards and a six match ban.

22-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Weren't any tackles like Bitons last saturday.did the manager ask him to tackle like that?

22-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Interesting to see what that weaselly ginger fud will have to say about that one. Absolutely shocking challenge:rolleyes:

Haven't seen it but probably along the lines of

Well from where I was standing the boy made the most of it and took a dive to get the lad sent off.

22-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Rugby esque

22-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Does that make us better than Ajax?

22-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Reeeeeeeaally hope that little fud tries to defend that red card lunge

22-10-2013, 08:40 PM

2 red cards in 2 Champions league games for Celtic now

22-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Grudging respect due to Celtc. An excellent result.

Never in a million years. Hate them and everything about them and associated with them. Odious shower of *****s. no more no less. Personally would take the Huns over them every time. The worst thing in world football when Rankgers play Smelltic you know they both can't lose.

22-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Never in a million years. Hate them and everything about them and associated with them. Odious shower of *****s. no more no less. Personally would take the Huns over them every time. The worst thing in world football when Rankgers play Smelltic you know they both can't lose.

As odious as they are, how anyone can prefer the complete **** of the earth over them beats me! I'll never quite work that one out.:confused:

22-10-2013, 08:50 PM

Yip. Reckless and rugbyesque :agree:

HiBremian
22-10-2013, 08:57 PM

Snidey remark about ER on Saturday, complete with gratuitous giggles in background from the media slaver brigade. Well, what a surprise :cb

phoenixfire
22-10-2013, 09:00 PM
15 Fouls and a red card beats our 14 fouls on Sat
I wonder what the ginger fruit cakes answer to that is

22-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Stuff the Tims - Napoli just substantially increased my vButtons for the year :thumbsup:

22-10-2013, 09:06 PM
15 Fouls and a red card beats our 14 fouls on Sat
I wonder what the ginger fruit cakes answer to that is

They either get a ref that's too tough on them, or too lenient with the opposition but they always get picked on in EVERY game one way or another :wink:

22-10-2013, 09:41 PM
As odious as they are, how anyone can prefer the complete **** of the earth over them beats me! I'll never quite work that one out.:confused:

No Hibby could.

22-10-2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-v-ajax-champions-league-2481539

22-10-2013, 09:59 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-v-ajax-champions-league-2481539

You gotta feel for those poor stewards :rolleyes:

22-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Ajax fans have been causing havoc all day.

Stormed into Central Station last night, attacked a few guys and trashed the Boots store.

****bags

22-10-2013, 10:12 PM
It'll be chaos over there with Celtic fans nicking the Ajax banner and displaying it in section 111. May regret that one!

22-10-2013, 10:21 PM
How Celtic get on in Europe will have absolutely no bearing on the competitiveness of the Scottish league.

They will be miles in front of the rest of us for many years to come, regardless of how they get on in the Champions League.

With that in mind, I hope they get humped in Europe and I'm gutted they won tonight.

I wonder what Lennon has had to say about Biton's challenge, given his comments about us on Saturday.

22-10-2013, 10:23 PM
"they marred the occasion by stepping out of line."

:faf: :faf:

23-10-2013, 08:43 AM

The Hunbrox mob know what they are and I know what to expect from them. At Darkheid they try to claim the moral highground charity charity blah blah, while all the time praising and saluting terrorists. R and C 2 cheeks of the same ar5e unfortunately. Historically football wise going back to 1888 that is my main reason for hating them or mibby it's my protestant blood:greengrin.

23-10-2013, 08:52 AM
No Hibby could.

Wanna bet:greengrin

khib70
23-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Wanna bet:greengrin

23-10-2013, 10:48 AM
How Celtic get on in Europe will have absolutely no bearing on the competitiveness of the Scottish league.

They will be miles in front of the rest of us for many years to come, regardless of how they get on in the Champions League.

With that in mind, I hope they get humped in Europe and I'm gutted they won tonight.

I wonder what Lennon has had to say about Biton's challenge, given his comments about us on Saturday.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/244945-no-complaints-from-celtic-boss-neil-lennon-over-nir-biton-red-card

I've no complaints. He was late. I'm not convinced there was contact but he left the trailing leg high. Although if he had been playing at Easter Road on Saturday he would probably have got a booking for that.

A fairly predictable childish pop at Calum Murray.

23-10-2013, 10:50 AM
No Hibby could.

Why not?

23-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Rangers were the s cum of the earth and didn't try to hide it. Celtic try and convince everybody they are something else, when really they're just as bad. I'd rather take one to the face than in the back.

23-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Don't know if anyone caught the brief reviews of the games on the ten o'clock news? Sure that it was the review on the BBC, and the woman presenter described James Forrest as the " shining bright light, in the darkness that is Scottish Football"......

:wtf:

23-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Rangers were the s cum of the earth and didn't try to hide it. Celtic try and convince everybody they are something else, when really they're just as bad. I'd rather take one to the face than in the back.

:agree: It's like both live in Shortlees but the Smellies try to convince everyone they are from Caprington:greengrin