PDA

View Full Version : TV games/New Year Derby

Billy Whizz
22-10-2013, 08:37 AM
We must be due an announcement soon on the TV schedules for December/January.
Particularly keen to find out when the New Year Derby is on

hibbysam
22-10-2013, 09:06 AM
We must be due an announcement soon on the TV schedules for December/January.
Particularly keen to find out when the New Year Derby is on

We play Dundee United on the 4th of January, So I cannot see any way in which our game could not be on New Years Day.

Unless they are gonna change two games to accomodate one.

The Sea-gull
22-10-2013, 09:15 AM
We play Dundee United on the 4th of January, So I cannot see any way in which our game could not be on New Years Day.

Unless they are gonna change two games to accomodate one.

They could easy do that. They always televise the derby and Utd v Hibs at Tannadice has been a real telly favourite for a few years now. Most trips to Tannadice have been live on the telly since 2006/07.

Could see our game v Hearts being a night time game on New Years night or January 2nd.

Tannadice on Sunday 5th Jan.

I'm sure that is FA cup weekend and either BT or Sky (whoever doesn't have FA cup rights) will have slots to fill.

brian6-2
22-10-2013, 09:17 AM
They could easy do that. They always televise the derby and Utd v Hibs at Tannadice has been a real telly favourite for a few years now. Most trips to Tannadice have been live on the telly since 2006/07.

Could see our game v Hearts being a night time game on New Years night or January 2nd.

I'm sure that is FA cup weekend and either BT or Sky (whoever doesn't have FA cup rights) will have slots to fill.

theres more chance of princess diana refereeing the game than that happening.

hibbysam
22-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Celtic also away from home that weekend, So more likely that they will be on tele. Obviously if there is two slots then it changes but I feel that it will be lunchtime on the 1st of January at ER.

The Sea-gull
22-10-2013, 09:29 AM
theres more chance of princess diana refereeing the game than that happening.

Did we not play them at night at New Year last year?

hibbysam
22-10-2013, 09:31 AM

We played them on the evening of the 3rd last year I'm sure, go back another two years and we played them at lunchtime on the 1st.

brian6-2
22-10-2013, 09:36 AM

1215 ko iirc mate. 3-1 them :bitchy:

hibbysam
22-10-2013, 09:41 AM
1215 ko iirc mate. 3-1 them :bitchy:

That game was two years ago on the 2nd... 0-0 on the 3rd last year with an evening kick off.

brian6-2
22-10-2013, 09:44 AM
That game was two years ago on the 2nd... 0-0 on the 3rd last year with an evening kick off.

ive blanked the last year out haha!! was there not a big hoohaa though after it though due to trouble and the police saying it wouldnt happen again? or maybe it was the other way about, there was no trouble and they said we could play on NYD again??? or am i imagining all that? my memorys not the best :confused:

brian6-2
22-10-2013, 10:00 AM

just checked online mate, was a 1500 kick off.

PatHead
22-10-2013, 10:14 AM
On a separate note does anyone know when the 3rd derby of the season is? It doesn't appear on the Hibs official fixture list though there are blanks at 6 February and 6 March.

hibbysam
22-10-2013, 10:22 AM
On a separate note does anyone know when the 3rd derby of the season is? It doesn't appear on the Hibs official fixture list though there are blanks at 6 February and 6 March.

29th of March I'm sure

Billy Whizz
22-10-2013, 10:43 AM

6th feb and 6th march are Scottish cup weekends

PatHead
22-10-2013, 11:09 AM
29th of March I'm sure

Thanks

LancashireHibby
22-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Waiting for the dates myself so I can book my hotel at the very least. Hoping for the 2nd so I don't 'lose' a game on my BWFC season ticket on the 1st.

Dashing Bob S
22-10-2013, 01:56 PM
There will be no New Years derby this time. #liquidation

PatHead
22-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I called the SPFL to ask when fixtures will be announced (specifically our New Year's day game). The reply was that they are very hopeful it will be within the next week but the TV companies are sorting the English games first and then checking with police before announcing ours. He was very sympathetic and agreed that it was unfair being this late with everyone having commitments at that time of year.

bod
22-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Waiting for the dates myself so I can book my hotel at the very least. Hoping for the 2nd so I don't 'lose' a game on my BWFC season ticket on the 1st.

why not book hotels now with a company that offer free cancelation ?
make separate bookings over a few days ,then if the game changes your already booked & all you've got to do us cancel the 1s you don't need

monktonharp
23-10-2013, 04:12 PM
why not book hotels now with a company that offer free cancelation ?
make separate bookings over a few days ,then if the game changes your already booked & all you've got to do us cancel the 1s you don't need that's the way to do it!