PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Decisions in the ICT v Partick match

Gus Fring
21-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but these 2 decisions in the ICT game are really bad. Referee's get it tight but it's no wonder when they make howlers like these. 2 in the same match lost ICT the game!

The first goal should have stood, ICT player clearly tells the linesman that the corner has been taken and they took an age to blow to disagree with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLje68paaIc

Gus Fring
21-10-2013, 05:38 PM
This one is just a stonewall penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHc57Q6S8Y

eastterrace
21-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but these 2 decisions in the ICT game are really bad. Referee's get it tight but it's no wonder when they make howlers like these. 2 in the same match lost ICT the game!

The first goal should have stood, ICT player clearly tells the linesman that the corner has been taken and they took an age to blow to disagree with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLje68paaIc

i agree he did tell linesman he has took the corner, but why did the linesman tell the partick thistle player to get back the 10 yards if the corner had been taken, it looks like the linesman was in a flap and it took him a wee while to work out what had happened

frazeHFC
21-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Would be furious if it was us, but glad ICT lost tbh!

Hibs07p
21-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Does the ball not have to leave the arc?

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
21-10-2013, 05:57 PM

GGTTH

It doesn't

shagpile
21-10-2013, 06:01 PM

GGTTH

It doesn't

You mean it doesn't HAVE to leave the arc?

Or it doesn't leave the arc?

Or should Noah have taken the corner?

eastterrace
21-10-2013, 06:21 PM

that be yanuk noah

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Anyway, it was Noah goal.

Sumner
21-10-2013, 06:28 PM
smacks of Butcher's "so-clever-think-out-of-the-box" tactics

- just take the damn corner properly, might have scored..

"I don't trust these spooky dooky b-st--ds" (Gene Hunt)

Keith_M
21-10-2013, 06:28 PM
ICT were looking like challengers to Celtc so they had to be stopped

I just think it's more evidence of the Kafflik conspiracy that the The Rangers fans have told us about for a year.

CapitalHibs
21-10-2013, 06:36 PM
This one might be a little worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zA3BXy0Kws

Sir David Gray
21-10-2013, 07:09 PM

It doesn't have to leave the arc.

As soon as the ball is touched by the player taking the corner, the ball is considered to be in play.

HFC 0-7
21-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure the ball needs to make one full revolution for it to be counted as taken, or move one ball diameter, its certainly the case for free kicks.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure the ball needs to make one full revolution for it to be counted as taken, or move one ball diameter, its certainly the case for free kicks.

Was listening to BBC Sportsound tonight and there were mixed views on this incident. They also went onto say every time Stokes took a corner on Saturday, he took a touch in the arc before taking the corner. They said in that case it should have been a free kick to Hibs

Sir David Gray
21-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Don't think it's the case for either a corner or a free kick.

Just been reading the laws of the game on the FIFA website and it makes no mention of how far the ball has to move for it to be considered in play. It just has to move and once it has moved, the player who has touched the ball cannot touch it again until it has touched another player.

HFC 0-7
21-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Don't think it's the case for either a corner or a free kick.

Just been reading the laws of the game on the FIFA website and it makes no mention of how far the ball has to move for it to be considered in play. It just has to move and once it has moved, the player who has touched the ball cannot touch it again until it has touched another player.

Definately the case for free kicks.

snooky
21-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Crafty move by ICT but shirley not in the spirit of the game.
Ungentlemanly conduct, IMO :coffee:

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 09:06 PM
smacks of Butcher's "so-clever-think-out-of-the-box" tactics

- just take the damn corner properly, might have scored..

"I don't trust these spooky dooky b-st--ds" (Gene Hunt)

this :agree:

Pretty Boy
21-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I remember when i played juvenile football. We were a very good team and a fair few went on to sign deals at various clubs with a few making it into the lower leagues. We were really disliked and seen as a bunch of dicks, we absolutely were.

Anyway we used to take a very similar corner, it generally confused referees so much that if the other team spotted what had happened and made a move to play the ball, our player would just pick the ball up and go to place it again and look confused. Worked almost everytime.

No wonder no one liked us.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
21-10-2013, 09:07 PM

But not for corner kicks:

Rule 17 - The Corner Kick
Procedure
- The ball must be placed inside the corner arc nearest to the point where the ball crossed the goal line
- The corner flagpost must not be moved
- Opponents must remain at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the corner arc until the ball is in play
- The ball must be kicked by a player of the attacking team
- The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves
- The kicker must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

Sir David Gray
21-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Is it different rules for certain countries?

I couldn't see anything on FIFA's "Laws of the game" article about that.

allezsauzee
21-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think it's for the ICT player to tell the officials when a set piece has been taken.

Mon_the_cabbage
21-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Is it different rules for certain countries?

I couldn't see anything on FIFA's "Laws of the game" article about that.

The law was changed about 15 years ago I believe. Prior to this, to be in play from any restart, the ball had to travel the distance of it's circumference. Now the rule is that it just has to "move" and for a centre "move forward".

Carheenlea
21-10-2013, 09:38 PM
ICT got what they deserved. Serves them right for trying to be clever.

Criswell
21-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Was this not the same referee who failed to spot that Griffith's free kick had crossed Heart's goal-line by about two yards?

Leithenhibby
22-10-2013, 09:59 AM
My take on this is that it's ungentlemanly conduct......... It's not in the spirit of the game.

Remember years ago when players would take a throw-in, but would throw it against the opponents back and then take the return......... ungentlemanly conduct, but was it against the laws of the game! NO... :wink:

calumhibee1
22-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I remember when i played juvenile football. We were a very good team and a fair few went on to sign deals at various clubs with a few making it into the lower leagues. We were really disliked and seen as a bunch of dicks, we absolutely were.

Anyway we used to take a very similar corner, it generally confused referees so much that if the other team spotted what had happened and made a move to play the ball, our player would just pick the ball up and go to place it again and look confused. Worked almost everytime.

No wonder no one liked us.

We used to do one like the Inverness attempt aswell. Someone would touch it, somebody else would tell the second person who went over to take it to "take it from the other side" and they'd walk through the box and tap it in. We were also hated!

Danderhall Hibs
22-10-2013, 11:48 AM
We used to do one like the Inverness attempt aswell. Someone would touch it, somebody else would tell the second person who went over to take it to "take it from the other side" and they'd walk through the box and tap it in. We were also hated!

Are/were you allowed to decide which side of the pitch to take a corner from?

I know they now allow goalies to choose which side to take a goal kick from but haven't seen that happen for a corner.

RyeSloan
22-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Are/were you allowed to decide which side of the pitch to take a corner from? I know they now allow goalies to choose which side to take a goal kick from but haven't seen that happen for a corner.

No the corner must be taken from the side the ball went out of play. The referee clearly instructs which side he believes that to be.

In this case as the linesman has told the Patrick player to move back the required distance it's clear he's officiating from the perspective the corner has not been taken. It is only fair then to bring play back.

Agree that it took a while for the decision to be made but in the end I think it was the correct one.

Unseen work
22-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Personally don't think it's ungentimanly conduct as all it is, is a short corner, if the other team are switched on they will notice.
Football is about winning and if a smart corner like this gets you the 3 points then that's what counts.
It's not cheating or conning the ref as they told then what they were doing. Different when it's diving/feigning a injury/ trying to get players booked.
But not this imo

calumhibee1
22-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Are/were you allowed to decide which side of the pitch to take a corner from?

I know they now allow goalies to choose which side to take a goal kick from but haven't seen that happen for a corner.

You're not allowed to, but nobody ever questioned the fact we were doing it!

steve75
22-10-2013, 12:21 PM
For me it's not unsporting. If it was then so would any other sort of fooling of the other team, such as dummy runs at freekicks etc.

However, in this case, I don't think the goal should stand for the simple reason that the linesman told the defensive player to move back, giving the ICT player an unfair advantage.

Inverness have been unlucky here, but hopefully it leads to the refs being more aware of the rules and not making the mistakes again.

thebakerboy
22-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Didn't Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs do something similar a few seasons ago , I'm not sure if they got away with it or not?

Hibercelona
22-10-2013, 02:42 PM
"Howlers" generally go against teams when they're on the tail of Celtic.

Danderhall Hibs
22-10-2013, 03:48 PM
"Howlers" generally go against teams when they're on the tail of Celtic.

It wasn't a howler though. The Partick player came over to clear the ball but was waved away by the linesman - he can't then allow the ICT boy to play on unchallenged!

hibeedonald
22-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Sickening as Inverness were the last team on my coupon, the strangest thing for me is the amount of time the linesman takes to decide it was no corner, would of been play on otherwise it seems if no goal had been scored.

brog
23-10-2013, 07:33 PM
For me it's not unsporting. If it was then so would any other sort of fooling of the other team, such as dummy runs at freekicks etc.

However, in this case, I don't think the goal should stand for the simple reason that the linesman told the defensive player to move back, giving the ICT player an unfair advantage.

Inverness have been unlucky here, but hopefully it leads to the refs being more aware of the rules and not making the mistakes again.

I agree but it's unfortunate in this case that ICT were punished by the linesmans ineptitude, nothing new there though. Nearly 30 years ago I was reffing in the Kent league & Ronnie Moore, then of Charlton & now Tranmere manager was managing a team. Before the start of the game he told me about their corner kick routine so I wouldn't penalise them. First corner they did it but nothing came of it. 2nd time opposition had caught on, ran over & basically walked away with the ball. So the routine is at least 30 years old & I can't believe RM invented it!

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Crafty move by ICT but shirley not in the spirit of the game.
Ungentlemanly conduct, IMO :coffee:

Arguably, so was Aberdeen's confused free kick routine, that their great 80's side used to do and it won them a good few games.

eastterrace
23-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Arguably, so was Aberdeen's confused free kick routine, that their great 80's side used to do and it won them a good few games.

we have a confused throw in routine every week.

brog
24-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Aberdeen & Hibs, under Turnbull, did that routine, & also from throw ins in the 70s.

Mr Magoo
24-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Under FIFA Law 17 The corner kick / procedures - infringements. Its states quite clearly the ball shall be placed inside the corner arc and is in play when it is kicked , therefore the ball does not need to leave the corner arc to be in play. It simples really but the quality of officials we have is nothing short of atrocious really.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Under FIFA Law 17 The corner kick / procedures - infringements. Its states quite clearly the ball shall be placed inside the corner arc and is in play when it is kicked , therefore the ball does not need to leave the corner arc to be in play. It simples really but the quality of officials we have is nothing short of atrocious really.

May well be the rule, but most footballers who take a corner, place it in the arc, and then move it to the outside of the line, before kicking it. So is this an infringement?