PDA

View Full Version : Famous Hibees

InterviewLoI
20-10-2013, 09:16 PM
So after my chance picture with Gok Wan yesterday (See my avatar) I was wondering what other celebrity Hibs fans are there? I know the obvious Proclaimers, Dougray Scott, Andy Murray, but have we any more? Pictures of them in their gear would be cool as well!

fat freddy
20-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Catherine Zeta Jones....seen her in the Hibs end at Tynie a few decades ago

andy1875
20-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Irvine Welsh
John Leslie

Nevi_SOL
20-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Grant stott
Russell Brand

PatHead
20-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Bernard Gallagher

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 09:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEEbg-QCUAAOJEP.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gorgie greens
20-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Catherine Zeta Jones....seen her in the Hibs end at Tynie a few decades ago

sure she was going out with John Leslie at the time,also Fish saw him at the odd game,another from the music industry Finlay Quae (not sure of the spelling)

hibees 7062
20-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Katy Perry

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Dougray Scott

Alex Arthur

James Connolly

John Peel

Freddie Roach

SkintHibby
21-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Bob Marley.

ChrissyG1875
21-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Saddam Hussein and ET

fatbloke
21-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Russell Brand Gok Wan:embarrass - If there are two more up their own ar5es people than these two I have yet to see or hear them. Glad they are not real Hibbies, more a pair of - ( ) fill in as you see fit.

hibee_girl
21-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Jamie Murray, Judy Murray & Jimmy from River City :greengrin

matty_f
21-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Russell Brand Gok Wan:embarrass - If there are two more up their own ar5es people than these two I have yet to see or hear them. Glad they are not real Hibbies, more a pair of - ( ) fill in as you see fit.

I have to say I really like Russell Brand, very clever and witty guy that doesn't take himself too seriously.

erin go bragh
21-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Bob Marley.

You sure about Bob ?? Pretty sure ive read he was a Celtic fan .
ET ( cant find the advert )

Ggtth

gillie
21-10-2013, 08:40 AM
what aboot inspector rebus i remember watching an episode with his hibs scarf up on his bedroom wall

WestEndHibee
21-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I've seen the front man Lewis from Admiral Fallow at a couple of games before. He had an interview recently going round the Stadium, with him singing SOL in the changing rooms. Seems to be a good hibby.

Peevemor
21-10-2013, 09:11 AM
what aboot inspector rebus i remember watching an episode with his hibs scarf up on his bedroom wall

Only in the tv version. In the books it's Siobhan, his sidekick, that's a Hibee.

gillie
21-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Only in the tv version. In the books it's Siobhan, his sidekick, that's a Hibee.

Interesting, tho ive never read the books, well thats one more to add

Thecat23
21-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Ggtth

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeXndn0qyQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTqeXndn0qyQ

SkintHibby
21-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Ggtth

LOL, I'm sure I read the headline "Bob Marley was a Hibby" in the Mass Hibsteria Hibs Monthly fanzine many, many years ago. Might be wrong though!

gillie
21-10-2013, 11:11 AM
LOL, I'm sure I read the headline "Bob Marley was a Hibby" in the Mass Hibsteria Hibs Monthly fanzine many, many years ago. Might be wrong though!

I think that might have been a hippy lol

southsider
21-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle creator of Sherlock Homes. Remember statue of Homes on Picardy Place with a Hibs scarf on.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2013, 12:00 PM

That rings a bell. I'm sure he was photographed wearing a Hibs style top, without a badge etc. Probably a generic adidas effort of the 80's.

Malcolm Ross-formerly of Josef K and Orange Juice is a good Hibee and attends regularly at ER, eh Malcolm.

hibees 7062
21-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle creator of Sherlock Homes. Remember statue of Homes on Picardy Place with a Hibs scarf on.

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 12:22 PM
i'm sure i had a copy of a rather large list of celeb hibbys but can't seem to find it on any of my HDD's :rolleyes: plenty names on it though :agree:

yi can add Shirley Manson(singer in the group garbage) and Gail porter as well

as for the hearts celeb list, well...that's a quick one, ronnie corbett and some obscure singer called cisco(or sommit like that)...the END

The Voice Of Reason
21-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Vladamir Romanov

Hibs Giant
21-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Nelson Mandela

Fergus52
21-10-2013, 02:41 PM
That rings a bell. I'm sure he was photographed wearing a Hibs style top, without a badge etc. Probably a generic adidas effort of the 80's.

Malcolm Ross-formerly of Josef K and Orange Juice is a good Hibee and attends regularly at ER, eh Malcolm.

and Aztec Camera.

He's a long term season ticket holder

Fergus52
21-10-2013, 02:54 PM
There's that actor with the black curly hair, he's been in a few adverts and comedies.

Elton John as well, apparently he owns a hibs top.

Peevemor
21-10-2013, 02:59 PM
There's that actor with the black curly hair, he's been in a few adverts and comedies.

Elton John as well, apparently he owns a hibs top.

It's his long time sidekick/guitarist that's a Hibee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davey_Johnstone

DAVE1875
21-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Does the girl with the oral technique of a cheese grater in Filth count?

Fergus52
21-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Does the girl with the oral technique of a cheese grater in Filth count?

It's the guy she's with who's the hibee, they're in his bedroom.

The Modfather
21-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Chris Small, retired snooker player http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Small

The week after Griffiths phantom derby winner the Inspiral Carpets were playing at the liquid rooms. During one of the MANY problems with the sound Clint Boon started talking to the audience about Griffiths' goal. Makes him a Hibee in my book :greengrin

Ian Rankin

Mark79
21-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Gary anderson.

Mark79
21-10-2013, 03:24 PM
i'm sure i had a copy of a rather large list of celeb hibbys but can't seem to find it on any of my HDD's :rolleyes: plenty names on it though :agree:

yi can add Shirley Manson(singer in the group garbage) and Gail porter as well

as for the hearts celeb list, well...that's a quick one, ronnie corbett and some obscure singer called cisco(or sommit like that)...the END

Im afraid gail porter is one of the 400,000.

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 03:41 PM

she must have been telling porkies in an article several years ago then:shocked: the ***...therefore, if she's a liar(and probably a cheat) that fits the criteria for being a yamboid :greengrin never liked her anyway :hilarious

VivaHiberņa
21-10-2013, 03:59 PM

:faf::faf: That is fantastic, I'd never seen that before. What's the story there though, surely it's not real?

thebakerboy
21-10-2013, 04:03 PM
And Ken Stott who plays Rebus now is defo a JAMBO:jamboak:

Peevemor
21-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Chris Small, retired snooker player http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Small

The week after Griffiths phantom derby winner the Inspiral Carpets were playing at the liquid rooms. During one of the MANY problems with the sound Clint Boon started talking to the audience about Griffiths' goal. Makes him a Hibee in my book :greengrin

Ian Rankin

Ian Rankin's a Rovers man IIRC

andudare2
21-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Elton John as well, apparently he owns a hibs top. guy who plays in eltons band is a big hibby,think he is from carrick knowe, perhaps top belongs to him? name is davy johnston(i think haha):flag::flag::flag:

andudare2
21-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Im afraid gail porter is one of the 400,000. sister in law was at school with gail porter,she was a defo hibby then.:greengrin there is a site called called famous fans,covers all preimership clubs in scotland,last time i looked hibs were 3rd most popular after the gruesome twosome in the celeb fans stakes!!:thumbsup:

andudare2
21-10-2013, 04:50 PM
apologies to all re.famous fans comment,site is called famous football fans!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
21-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Still one of the best adverts ever made :greengrin

What about Ally and Davy from Sunshine on Leith the film :agree:

Shirley Manson from the band Garbage

brog
21-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Jack Docherty? Absolutely!!

Greendub
21-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Aye, Bob Marley was a big fan of the green, not the green and the white :-)

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Aye, Bob Marley was a big fan of the green, not the green and the white :-)

:agree::smokin

Jonnyboy
21-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Bob Marley.

Nope it was his son Ziggy :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 09:16 PM
sister in law was at school with gail porter,she was a defo hibby then.:greengrin there is a site called called famous fans,covers all preimership clubs in scotland,last time i looked hibs were 3rd most popular after the gruesome twosome in the celeb fans stakes!!:thumbsup:

well in that case.......i reckon Gail is an awrite lassie :agree:

p.s. and that will teach me never to doubt my memory again, especially with the importance of famous hibby/hibbyettes ;)

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Nope it was his son Ziggy :wink:

was that the one that played guitar :)

and the spiders from mars :)

Hibee Ryan
21-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Was the rumour not that Suddam Hussein used to enjoy watching hibs?

big-mo
22-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Comedian, TV and Radio star Andrew Maxwell is most definitely a Hibee.

Is Sir Tom Farmer not considered to be famous? Surprised no one mentioned it.

Fife-Hibee
22-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Dev Alahan from Corrie :-)

Framie
22-10-2013, 08:28 AM
guy who plays in eltons band is a big hibby,think he is from carrick knowe, perhaps top belongs to him? name is davy johnston(i think haha):flag::flag::flag:

Your right his guitar player thats why they played at easter road

Dashing Bob S
22-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Nonsense! 'Tin Pail' is one of US.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2013, 02:39 PM

I believe he was quoted as saying "I don't mind a bit of ethnic cleansing and Hibs are murder"

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Gary anderson.
5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are Hibees (oh Gary :( )

CRAZYHIBBY
22-10-2013, 05:22 PM

I heard when he emerged from his hidey hole he said " I am saddam hussein president of iraq and I'm a hibby"

HibbyAndy
22-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Lloyd the weather fellae..Finlay Qauy.

snooky
22-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Lloyd the weather fellae..Finlay Qauy.

Lloyd Quinnan

Also, as I've posted before, Dick Gaughan (folk singer)

sadtom
22-10-2013, 05:55 PM
McGlashan fae Absolutely. (also the guy who actually plays the role) :-)
Did Dougray Scott not say that he and Ray Winston had agreed to adopt each others team. West Ham now being Dougray's english team and the Hibs being Ray's scottish team.
I'm sure Shirley Manson was a 'tic fan back in the day.

Gettin' Auld
22-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Dougray Scott........If he hasn't already been mentioned

Jonnyboy
22-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Anyone seen the ad running just now re ensuring you register to vote for next years referendum? First guy up is wearing Hibs colours :greengrin

Carheenlea
22-10-2013, 08:21 PM
and Aztec Camera.

He's a long term season ticket holder

And The High Bees.... going by his wiki page :greengrin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Ross_(musician)

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2013, 06:35 PM
McGlashan fae Absolutely. (also the guy who actually plays the role) :-)
Did Dougray Scott not say that he and Ray Winston had agreed to adopt each others team. West Ham now being Dougray's english team and the Hibs being Ray's scottish team.
I'm sure Shirley Manson was a 'tic fan back in the day.

Russell Brand seems to have the same arrangement with Irvine Welsh.

J-C
24-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Dont know bout Rebus but had Ian Rankin in the cab on sunday, he's deffo a Jambo, tokd me so himself after we got talking bout footie

J-C
24-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Andrew Maxwell the Irish comuc us definitely a Hibs fan, mentioned it many times on stage

hibbymick
24-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Jamie sives , actor from lochend, a very good Hibby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AS27aHY0-g

showing dyer the tricks of the trade :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
24-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I heard when he emerged from his hidey hole he said " I am saddam hussein president of iraq and I'm a hibby"

"Huv we won the cup yet?" was his next question, I believe.

erin go bragh
24-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Did Dougray Scott no give Tom Cruise a Hibs top when the filmed mission impossible ?

Ggtth

Rivers Cuomo
25-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Did Dougray Scott no give Tom Cruise a Hibs top when the filmed mission impossible ?

Ggtth

Took him out to watch Hibs v Rangers (whoever they were) IIRC

sadtom
25-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Russell Brand seems to have the same arrangement with Irvine Welsh.

Good to think that Dougray is doing some 'missionary' work on behalf of Hibs.
Though you'd have to say it's a tad foolhardy and downright risky taking up a 'missionary position' in the vicinity of Russell Brand. :-)

LancashireHibby
25-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Good to think that Dougray is doing some 'missionary' work on behalf of Hibs.
Though you'd have to say it's a tad foolhardy and downright risky taking up a 'missionary position' in the vicinity of Russell Brand. :-)
And Tom Cruise TBF.

southfieldhibby
25-10-2013, 11:31 AM

sister in law was at school with gail porter,she was a defo hibby then

Deffo Hibby, like her brother, a good Brunstane primary/Porty high Hibby.

Scott Allan Key
14-11-2013, 02:19 PM
So after my chance picture with Gok Wan yesterday (See my avatar) I was wondering what other celebrity Hibs fans are there? I know the obvious Proclaimers, Dougray Scott, Andy Murray, but have we any more? Pictures of them in their gear would be cool as well!

Bill Hicks went to see Hibs beat Rangers at ER when he performed in Edinburgh, according to Radio Forth interview that might still be online somrwhere. That makes him a Hibee.

Engels74
14-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Bill Hicks went to see Hibs beat Rangers at ER when he performed in Edinburgh, according to Radio Forth interview that might still be online somrwhere. That makes him a Hibee.

:agree: Listen from 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVV8ijnU9iQ

brog
14-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Dont know bout Rebus but had Ian Rankin in the cab on sunday, he's deffo a Jambo, tokd me so himself after we got talking bout footie

He's changed then. He's from Cardenden so has local empathy for Pars but Hibs were team he favoured in Edinburgh. I remember him talking about his little boy, who has a horrible disease & stating, ( I paraphrase ) It breaks your heart to think you'll never see him run out at Easter Road. I've never at any time heard him say anything positive about Yams.

Blackhall Hibby
14-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Jonny Maconie, the male nurse in Holby City had a Hibs badge on in one of the episodes last year. And talked about Hibs to a Liverpool supporting patient. The actor who pays him is Michael Thomson from Edinburgh, so he probably is a Hibs supporter too!:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2013, 03:22 PM

Saw him in the Royal Oak (hardly a posers hang out) just after Katie Perry had given him the KB. He looked like a man that had been kicked in the balls with a JCB.

Speaks a lot of sense on a lot of issues, but seems like an OK bloke really.

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Having died in 1980, that story is maybe a tad inaccurate. We were wearing Bukta, then Umbro that year. Maybe it was Ziggy Marley with the Hibs top?

Scott Allan Key
14-11-2013, 04:28 PM
:agree: Listen from 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVV8ijnU9iQ

Just listened to this and done some stat search. We beat CELTIC 2-1, but at Parkhead May 1992. My mistake. It wasnae during the festival but a UK tour. He must of been in Glasgow before Edinburgh. I was at his Queens Hall gig on May 4th. We beat Celtic on Saturday 2nd. His first 'soccer' game. Would you support the losing Lesser Greens? There is a picture of him outside Parkhead on Frankie Boyle's twitter feed. Not only did they take our players, our strip, our legacy, they try and claim Bill Hicks too. Par for the course!

superfurryhibby
14-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Having died in 1980, that story is maybe a tad inaccurate. We were wearing Bukta, then Umbro that year. Maybe it was Ziggy Marley with the Hibs top?

Memory's not what it was. I think it was the Ziggster, pictured on a Hibs Monthly cover?

Somebody mentioned Dick Gaughan, the Leith songmeister. I remember reading an interview with Dick and he talked very fondly of his Leith origins and love for the Hibees. Said it was his life ambition to see us lifting the ******** ***. For anyone who hasn't heard Dick's distinctive style, try "Erin ga Bragh" from a "Handful of Earth". A powerful story which relates the kind of vibes that were around Edinburgh in the 19th century. The irony of the song is that the protagonist is not even Irish, he's a Gael from Argyll. Doesnae stop the polis from giving him it tight, although he gets payback big time.

snooky
14-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Memory's not what it was. I think it was the Ziggster, pictured on a Hibs Monthly cover?

Somebody mentioned Dick Gaughan, the Leith songmeister. I remember reading an interview with Dick and he talked very fondly of his Leith origins and love for the Hibees. Said it was his life ambition to see us lifting the ******** ***. For anyone who hasn't heard Dick's distinctive style, try "Erin ga Bragh" from a "Handful of Earth". A powerful story which relates the kind of vibes that were around Edinburgh in the 19th century. The irony of the song is that the protagonist is not even Irish, he's a Gael from Argyll. Doesnae stop the polis from giving him it tight, although he gets payback big time.

:aok: The young King Richard sings ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zu1HtV00qw

hibby rae
14-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Just listened to this and done some stat search. We beat CELTIC 2-1, but at Parkhead May 1992. My mistake. It wasnae during the festival but a UK tour. He must of been in Glasgow before Edinburgh. I was at his Queens Hall gig on May 4th. We beat Celtic on Saturday 2nd. His first 'soccer' game. Would you support the losing Lesser Greens? There is a picture of him outside Parkhead on Frankie Boyle's twitter feed. Not only did they take our players, our strip, our legacy, they try and claim Bill Hicks too. Par for the course!

Anyone know the scorers that day?

CapitalHibs
14-11-2013, 07:15 PM
guy who plays in eltons band is a big hibby,think he is from carrick knowe, perhaps top belongs to him? name is davy johnston(i think haha):flag::flag::flag:

Used to play kick aboots with Davey at Carrick Knowe Park. He never showed up much tho... much preferred to be at home learning his guitar:greengrin

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Anyone know the scorers that day?

Pat McGinlay and an own goal

pacorosssco
14-11-2013, 07:21 PM
But shes had a hibey inside her.bubble gum

Onceinawhile
14-11-2013, 08:31 PM

How depressing that bill hicks has seen us win at parkhead as many times as I have! He would love watching our passing style now though. Back and to the left, back and to the left.

I also like how he says I saw y'all win amd the radio presenter says it was a great result for the Edinburgh team... as it meant hearts qualified for europe!! Bawbag!!

Scott Allan Key
14-11-2013, 10:17 PM
How depressing that bill hicks has seen us win at parkhead as many times as I have! He would love watching our passing style now though. Back and to the left, back and to the left.

I also like how he says I saw y'all win amd the radio presenter says it was a great result for the Edinburgh team... as it meant hearts qualified for europe!! Bawbag!!

Having to listen them for 20 plus minutes to find out one of my heroes had to my surprise seen Hibs play, I came to that conclusion very quickly! As he said, 'You're not people, you're disc jockeys!'.

HibsNZ
15-11-2013, 05:41 AM
God's a Hibby is he not?

E10 Rifle
15-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Pat Nevin
Phil Godman - ex Scotland rugby fly-half now playing at Newcastle
Scott Hastings (Gavin is a Jambo)

Mikeystewart
15-11-2013, 09:17 AM

Ggtth

Was he not of the maroon persuasion? He was always Jammin......... I'll get my coat.:taxi

MoscowHibs
15-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Sandy Lyle, Renton Laidlaw are Hibby's tae.

stoneyburn hibs
15-11-2013, 09:51 AM
God's a Hibby is he not?

Yes he is, and also a decent dj

Mikeystewart
15-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes he is, and also a decent dj

Does he not also live in the south of France and possess a wicked right peg?

LancsHibs
15-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Sandy Lyle, Renton Laidlaw are Hibby's tae.

Sandy Lyle? Never heard that before, Bernard Gallacher is a well known Hibby but not heard about Sandy before

Jonnyboy
15-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Jay Crawford, once of Radio Forth explains in the Shades book that he was a Rangers fan as a kid but after sharing a flat with Erich and attending a number of Tornadoes games he decided he preferred football to bigotry :thumbsup:

Scorrie
15-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Was there not some talk a couple of years back that Will Ferrer was a Hibby or am I imagining that!

HibbyAndy
15-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Gary Anderson.

HibbyAndy
15-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Was there not some talk a couple of years back that Will Ferrer was a Hibby or am I imagining that!

Will Ferrell ?.. Andy Murrays pal.

Scorrie
15-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Will Ferrell ?.. Andy Murrays pal.

Sorry aye Will Ferrell. Sure there was a thread mentioning it

soupy
16-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Sorry aye Will Ferrell. Sure there was a thread mentioning it

Gordon Smart interviewed him for his Biz page in the sun and chucked a Hibs scarf roond his neck and told him to say "@#$% the Hearts". Or something like that ;-)

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Well it's not that big a galaxy, but better than the Yams. I remember a similar thread on KB a few years ago. About 4 posts in they were down to the CEO of HBOS.

Didn't know what was sadder, their lack of showbiz fans, or the fact that in Yam Land, the CEO of a bank counted as a celebrity. What dull and conformist suburban lives they seem to live.