PDA

View Full Version : Team vs The Sheep?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Important game next week vs the sheep, same team as yesterday or do we make a couple of changes to keep some players fresh for the derby, thoughts?

HFC07
20-10-2013, 04:29 PM
I would take zoubier off and put Rowan vine in his place.
The game yesterday changed when Fenlon made that sub we started to gain possession in celtics half.

hfc rd
20-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Same team. But I hear Nelson is a doubt, if so then McPake to come in for him. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything too much.

Andy74
20-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Collins back for Zoubir.

3pm
20-10-2013, 04:31 PM
The game yesterday changed when Fenlon made that sub we started to gain possession in celtics half.

Ha Ha!

danhibees1875
20-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Collins back for Zoubir.

:agree:

Combine that with a sensibly timed sub to bring Zoubir on - say 60-65 min mark. :aok:

I think he'll be best as an impact player, just longer than 5 minutes.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Collins
Heff

Judas Iscariot
20-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Zoubir

Collins
Heff

I'd go with that too :agree:

AlbertK86
20-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Collins back for Zoubir.

Yep agree with this

I see a few have left OTJ out

He has done well last two games and felt him and Thommo have done well together

hibbymick
20-10-2013, 07:59 PM
One of the most spirited performances of the season...so i wouldnt change a thing.

TheFamous1875
20-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I think the Tudor Jones-Thomson combo has a lot of promise, so I would like to see us persevere with it and see how it goes. Tudor Jones does the dirty work Thomson's been doing whilst he should've been giving great performances like he did yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shetlandhibee
20-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Nelson
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

Go out to attack and get in their faces like what we did to Celtic then we'll win 3-1!!

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Zouby was replaced by Taiwo with two minutes left! Vine replaced Craig in the 90th

mutley
20-10-2013, 08:27 PM
A nice wee win would be great , jump the sheep into 4th and set us up nicely for the QF.

GGTTH

trev the hat
20-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Williams

Stevenson LB
Mgivern CH
Hanlon CH
Mullen RB

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Heff
Collins

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Williams

Stevenson LB
Mgivern CH
Hanlon CH
Mullen RB

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Heff
Collins

Not very likely IMO

trev the hat
20-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Not very likely IMO

As a sub on Sat, that puts him ahead of Maybury & Clancy in terms of fitness, balances the back 4 into natural positions being played as a natural RB IMO, & keeps the core of the team same as it was Collins apart.
The less preferable again IMO but possibly predictable from Pat would be
Stevenson RB
Mgivern LB
Hanlon CH
McPake CH

I'm assuming MN needs resting after face knock.

Heisenberg
20-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Stevenson did well against Celtc so I'd keep him in. Only change for me is as said above, Collins in for Zoubir.

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 09:19 PM
As a sub on Sat, that puts him ahead of Maybury & Clancy in terms of fitness, balances the back 4 into natural positions being played as a natural RB IMO, & keeps the core of the team same as it was Collins apart.
The less preferable again IMO but possibly predictable from Pat would be
Stevenson RB
Mgivern LB
Hanlon CH
McPake CH

I'm assuming MN needs resting after face knock.

trev, I said not very likely because I think Pat will go with Lewis and Ryan as his full backs. Can't see any reason why he wouldn't to be honest :thumbsup:

monktonharp
20-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Collins back for Zoubir. that has got to happen, surely. we need Collins, in place of Heff, for the cup game and it would be silly to leave him on the bench next week. the manager must realise the importance of the forthcoming mid-week game. all games are important, but we need to have the team with a semblance of order leading up to the cup game. could make or break Fenlon.

Northernhibee
20-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Nelson/Forster
McGivern

Vine
Robertson
KT
Craig

Collins
Heff

JMac
20-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Gk: Williams
Lb: McGivern (If fit) if not, Stevenson
Cb: Hanlon
Cb: Nelson (If fit) if not, McPake
Rb: Stevenson, if he's at left, either Maybury or Mullen
Lm: Craig
Cm: Thomson
Cm: OTJ
Rm: Robertson
St: Heff
St: Collins

neil7908
21-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson (Mcpake if not fit)
Hanlon
McGivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Hefferan
Collins

Andy74
21-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson (Mcpake if not fit)
Hanlon
McGivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Hefferan
Collins

There's no danger OTJ will be dropped. He's had a big influence since coming on v Thistle.

Treadstone
21-10-2013, 09:43 AM
There's no danger OTJ will be dropped. He's had a big influence since coming on v Thistle.

:agree: At the moment he can only play himself out of the team as he did earlier in the campaign. Hopefully those displays were exceptions and we are now seeing the player we thought we signed. Height is an added bonus in both boxes.

LancsHibs
21-10-2013, 09:59 AM
trev, I said not very likely because I think Pat will go with Lewis and Ryan as his full backs. Can't see any reason why he wouldn't to be honest :thumbsup:

If Nelson's not fit PF may consider putting McGivern in at CH where I personally think he would be great, move Lewis to LB, which he would be more comfortable at and bring Mullen or Maybury(if fit) into RB.
Just a thought, personally think it more likely that he would bring in James McPake as a straight replacement.

TowerHibs
22-10-2013, 09:24 AM
If Nelson's not fit PF may consider putting McGivern in at CH where I personally think he would be great, move Lewis to LB, which he would be more comfortable at and bring Mullen or Maybury(if fit) into RB.
Just a thought, personally think it more likely that he would bring in James McPake as a straight replacement.
I'm hearing Nelson has broken his jaw in 2 places and will be out for 5/6 weeks

Brightside
22-10-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm hearing Nelson has broken his jaw in 2 places and will be out for 5/6 weeks

Gutted to hear, and even more so if Forster is not in the picture at the moment. We wiil play..

Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

I would like to see a 4-4-1-1
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Forster
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Zouby

Craig

Heffernan

Andy74
22-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Gutted to hear, and even more so if Forster is not in the picture at the moment. We wiil play..

Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

I would like to see a 4-4-1-1
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Forster
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ
Zouby

Craig

Heffernan

The first team is better !

Pretty Boy
22-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Collins or Vine will need game time as one or both will be starting against Hearts.

Obviously the priority is to beat Aberdeen but hopefully Fenlon is thinking ahead as well.

Brightside
22-10-2013, 10:38 AM
The first team is better !

The first one is flat and any goals will come from corners or free kicks! If we are playing Collins we really need to attack the wings and get crosses in to him. Cant see that with the flat mid 4. But the first team should get a draw! :greengrin

Onceinawhile
22-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Gutted to hear, and even more so if Forster is not in the picture at the moment.

Forster is injured.

Andy74
22-10-2013, 11:00 AM
The first one is flat and any goals will come from corners or free kicks! If we are playing Collins we really need to attack the wings and get crosses in to him. Cant see that with the flat mid 4. But the first team should get a draw! :greengrin

So you keep saying but they managed to attack enough in the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. I'm not sure any of those goials came from corners or free kicks? Formations and football games aren't played out on bits of paper. You seem to suggest with your flat comment that Craig for example stands in a line with the central midfield players further back? He seems to have scored 6 goals from about 40 yards then?

Brightside
22-10-2013, 12:21 PM
So you keep saying but they managed to attack enough in the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. I'm not sure any of those goials came from corners or free kicks? Formations and football games aren't played out on bits of paper. You seem to suggest with your flat comment that Craig for example stands in a line with the central midfield players further back? He seems to have scored 6 goals from about 40 yards then?

Help me out...how many did Craig score in those two games you mention? We get 100% more from Craig when he is played in a forward central role. I'm proposing a formation that could cause plenty of problems for Aberdeen. I hope Fenlon doesnt play it though as you'll find yourself in a right old tizz.

Oh and as you like the stats... We had 6 shots on goal against St Mirren. St Mirren had zero. Mind numbing stuff but a wins a win eh.