PDA

View Full Version : Bt Sport Aka Celtic Tv

michael_wilson1
20-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Couldnt help but be angry at the level of disrespect shown to hibs by bt sport and the pundits yesterday, was disgusting

Waxy
20-10-2013, 08:54 AM
It's all to do with money.
They are told to be pro celtic otherwise the celtic masses might not watch and see advertising etc.
Cynical world we live in.

Aldo
20-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Couldnt help but be angry at the level of disrespect shown to hibs by bt sport and the pundits yesterday, was disgusting

Thought Sutton was saying positive things about Heff and that against other teams we would create more and he would get more. Said he took his goal well.

Tbh we were in the back foot for mist if the match.

I didn't think it was that bad tbh Some good positives from them about us.

Fwiw I'd rather listen to BT Sport that those inbred yam lovers on the BBC

DarrenSQH
20-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Thought Sutton was saying positive things about Heff and that against other teams we would create more and he would get more. Said he took his goal well.

Tbh we were in the back foot for mist if the match.

I didn't think it was that bad tbh Some good positives from them about us.

Fwiw I'd rather listen to BT Sport that those inbred yam lovers on the BBC

I enjoyed listening to the yam lovers on bbc yesterday. Seemingly losing games doesn't matter, it saving the club that counts. Haha

Geo_1875
20-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Just seen the highlights on BT and thought the commentary was pretty fair. Didn't hear any of the biased pish that comes from the BBC.

Aldo
20-10-2013, 09:15 AM
I enjoyed listening to the yam lovers on bbc yesterday. Seemingly losing games doesn't matter, it saving the club that counts. Haha

Nope not listened to them for close on 2 years after comments made by Preston and a number of others. I complained but was told it was all part of the 'Banter'

I'm all for banter but a line needs drawn and at that time no other team was getting it like us.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but very anti/negative about Hibs and it will be more if the same this weekend with the Sheep at ER.

Weststandwanab
20-10-2013, 09:17 AM
I enjoyed listening to the yam lovers on bbc yesterday. Seemingly losing games doesn't matter, it saving the club that counts. Haha It was music to my ears !

green day
20-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Nope not listened to them for close on 2 years after comments made by Preston and a number of others. I complained but was told it was all part of the 'Banter'

I'm all for banter but a line needs drawn and at that time no other team was getting it like us.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but very anti/negative about Hibs and it will be more if the same this weekend with the Sheep at ER.

The BT Sport coverage was fine, but yes - let's see how the BBC sheepfest goes next week!

As a matter of interest, outside of Nevin (who does mostly TV) is there anyone of the hibs persuasion on BBC radio Scotland?

Danderhall Hibs
20-10-2013, 09:25 AM
The BT Sport coverage was fine, but yes - let's see how the BBC sheepfest goes next week!

As a matter of interest, outside of Nevin (who does mostly TV) is there anyone of the hibs persuasion on BBC radio Scotland?

Craig Paterson is usually fair.

Loads of paranoid folk around though that think everyone's against us!

Spike Mandela
20-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Will it be usual BT Sport policy that all Celtic games have two ex Celtic players as pundits?

Golden Bear
20-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Will it be usual BT Sport policy that all Celtic games have two ex Celtic players as pundits?

Stuart Lovell was supposedly representing us. And Peter Grant was there and according to some, is a contender to be our next Manager!

Overall, I thought that BT's coverage was pretty fair.

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I really enjoyed the feature with the guy going round ER Arthur seat etc gong on about how we will never give in etc :top marks

carnoustiehibee
20-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I really enjoyed the feature with the guy going round ER Arthur seat etc gong on about how we will never give in etc :top marks

Yeh I thought it was brilliant, would like to see it again

Hibercelona
20-10-2013, 10:57 AM

:agree:

It's quite sad actually.

99% of the negativity is brought upon ourselves.

1two
20-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I was at the game so obviously didn't see it on tv but from the games I have watched on bt sport, the coverage has been far superior to what we've been served up the last few years from Setanta, ESPN etc.

I'd even go as far as saying its better than sky in some ways

There's always going to be a Sevtic bias. The fact that they even show a 2nd division match proves that but honestly think its been decent so far.

overdrive
20-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I saw a bit of the post match 'analysis' when I got home after the game. Tuned in at the end of the Lennon interview. An in-depth discussion about Celtic followed this. Fenlon gets interviewed and they talk to Lovell very briefly about Hibs (largely about how Fenlon could have been sacked) and the presenter couldn't wait to cut Lovell off and get back onto the Celtic love in.

Golden Bear
20-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I saw a bit of the post match 'analysis' when I got home after the game. Tuned in at the end of the Lennon interview. An in-depth discussion about Celtic followed this. Fenlon gets interviewed and they talk to Lovell very briefly about Hibs (largely about how Fenlon could have been sacked) and the presenter couldn't wait to cut Lovell off and get back onto the Celtic love in.

Some of the conversation related to a preview of Celtic's forthcoming Champion League fixture v Ajax and that doesn't really bother me.

I certainly didn't see the overall coverage as being some sort of anti Hibs bias. As another poster pointed out it's a numbers game as far as the broadcasters go. There are more Celtic fans as Hibs fans and similarily we might expect a bit more coverage if we were playing a team the size of Arbroath (with no disrespect to Arbroath!)

down-the-slope
20-10-2013, 11:31 AM
BT Sport have significantly raised the bar from the stuff I have watched - a proper competitor to SKYs tired and over priced offering..

Small thing but really like the screen in screen inset - where they maybe show manager going mental in dugout - but its the small inset rather than cutting away from game itself..they have certainly hoovered up decent pundits as well.

Saw Grant / Lovell / Mcallister before game - all pretty decent

RCNG
20-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeh I thought it was brilliant, would like to see it again

I've been looking for it since i saw it, haven't been able to find it.

If anyone has it recorded they should upload it. It was a brilliant piece.

tamig
20-10-2013, 12:13 PM
What a state of the art studio they had yesterday

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 12:25 PM

My mate took this one, was certainly the focus of some amusement!11182

poolman
20-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Post match stuff was Celtic Celtic Celtic

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Post match stuff was Celtic Celtic Celtic

I don`t really see the need to have much on after a televised game other than an interview with the two managers. Pundits in the main are unnecessary and contribute nothing to a football match. If you have just watched a game of football, do you really need someone who has just watched the same game as you have then tell you all about it? It`s nothing more than padding out to kill time in my view.

sadtom
20-10-2013, 03:55 PM

Anyone know why they didn't have the port-a-studio?
Does it belong to Sky? They have a wee tiff with each other?

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone know why they didn't have the port-a-studio?
Does it belong to Sky? They have a wee tiff with each other?

Hibs now use it to store their rugby gear and punching bags etc according to Neil Lennon

heretoday
20-10-2013, 04:50 PM
BT? Bloody Terrible!

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Craig Paterson is usually fair.

Craig is fair and is a former Hibby

I agree there's a deal of paranoia but it's fuelled by the incessant sniping and snide comments of folk like Preston.

--------
20-10-2013, 10:24 PM
My mate took this one, was certainly the focus of some amusement!11182

Maybe that's why they don't like us.

Is that the same old scaffold they used to put up at the top of the Main Terrace for Erchie MacPee?