PDA

View Full Version : Protective netting

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm usually one who takes his seat a couple of minutes before kick-off, but yesterday was in ground sharp and noticed the safety netting erected behind the goals to protect fans from wayward strikes in the warm-up. Not sure how long we have had them but a sensible approach, particularly in front of the Famous Five that is frequented predominantly by families.

merritthibees
20-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Was at the st mirren game a few weeks back and was right next to where a wee boy was hit and cracked his head off the step... I'm guessing this is the reason they are up now!

hfc rd
20-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Was at the st mirren game a few weeks back and was right next to where a wee boy was hit and cracked his head off the step... I'm guessing this is the reason they are up now!

Yep, remember that. The netting thing does make sense.

wookie70
20-10-2013, 09:46 AM
My lad likes to stand at the wall and watch the warm up and has had a few close calls. He was hit square on at a Bonnyrigg Rose match and ended up in tears with a bleeding nose so should know better but won't be told. Delighted the club have reacted to the wee lad getting hit a few weeks back. Another little sign of the club engaging with fans

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Should have only put it up at the home end, let the away fans get blootered :na na:

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2013, 10:53 AM
i noticed they had a few notices on poles behind the goals at McDiarmid park a few weeks back re: wayward practise shots :greengrin