PDA

View Full Version : Hibs "physical" v Celtic: Lennon whining (merged)

Hexham Hibee
19-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Ewan Murray is at it again. Trying to deflect attention from the downward spiral of his beloved but cheating Jams he says on Twitter tonight "Hibs are also now easily the most physical team in the league, in my view. Good or bad, open to debate.. But manager's strategy is clear." WTF

Now that coming from a supporter of a team that employs Ryan Stevenson and Hamill. And in recent years had Black, Kyle etc. Had the SFA fining them from their disciplinary record on a number of occasions. It is common knowledge that the Yams intimidate teams and have done for years.

Now he says WE are physical. Well bring it on - for too long we have been too soft and rolled over too easily. We are certainly tougher but never let it be said that we are a dirty side. We will leave that to others!

https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/391617416062853120

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Ewan Murray is at it again. Trying to deflect attention from the downward spiral of his beloved but cheating Jams he says on Twitter tonight "Hibs are also now easily the most physical team in the league, in my view. Good or bad, open to debate.. But manager's strategy is clear." WTF

Now that coming from a supporter of a team that employs Ryan Stevenson and Hamill. And in recent years had Black, Kyle etc. Had the SFA fining them from their disciplinary record on a number of occasions. It is common knowledge that the Yams intimidate teams and have done for years.

Now he says WE are physical. Well bring it on - for too long we have been too soft and rolled over too easily. We are certainly tougher but never let it be said that we are a dirty side. We will leave that to others!

I want us to be exactly that, **** anyone else who can't deal with it and don't like it. We need this attitude and let no one walk all over us

Franck Stanton
19-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Ignore them, dirty, cheating poppy-stealing trash. They have dished it out for years but now that we are standing up for ourselves, physically without clogging, they don't like it. Well stuff 'em I say.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm glad we're considered to be a physical side.

Fantastic.

Emerald
19-10-2013, 06:51 PM
So what! The physical side of the game is what Hibs have been missing for a long time. You have to win the physical battle first to allow you to play a bit. Bring it on and get stuck in I say. Let us embrace it and not give these clowns something else to kick us with. :fenlon

davym7062
19-10-2013, 06:51 PM
for too many years we have been bullied, at last we have a team that can stand up for itself :flag:

matty_f
19-10-2013, 06:54 PM
One of the big positives from today was the way in which the players were prepared to get stuck in. Thought the tackles were by and large firm but fair, with the odd exception.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2013, 06:57 PM
A couple of crunching tackles today :agree: :greengrin A Celtic friend wasn't happy about McGivern especially:

http://i43.tinypic.com/241p4c7.jpg

Anything that annoys a Celtic fan is fine by me.

theonlywayisup
19-10-2013, 06:58 PM
A couple of crunching tackles today :agree: :greengrin A Celtic friend wasn't happy about McGivern especially:

50/50

Heedersnvolleys
19-10-2013, 06:58 PM
That w**ker knows exactly what he is doing with a coment like that! Trying to get us a reputation we don't deserve..................................... yet

:wink:

HibeeHendo
19-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Won the ball. Celtic player deserves an Oscar nomination.

Aldo
19-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Ewan Murray is a grade A jamboid roaster.
His team are woeful and he's looking for a reaction and something to talk about cos his team are utterly woeful.

We have a team that can mix it and show a bit of skill when needed. Nowt wrong with that IMHO.

I'd rather we got stuck in than be totally over run game after game.

Nice try Ewan but GTGYYF

fatbloke
19-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Cannot believe any Hibbie would even consider following or reading anything this mouthpiece puts on Twitter. Watching paint dry or scratching your backside would be massively more enlightening. Ignore him that will hurt this publicity junkie even more. Ewen Murray:taxi. I wonder if Ewan Murray sleeps at night if he does he must find it difficult.

neil7908
19-10-2013, 07:08 PM
I think its hilarious that this supposedly hard, physical, bullying Hibs team earned a whopping total of 2 yellow cards today.

Meanwhile a couple of weeks ago Celtic's captain was sent off for first scything down, then kicking a player on the ground. He now has a 3 game ban handed out to him and yet Lennon has the nerve to criticise us and all the talk in the media after the game was blaming Neymar for overreacting.

The fact that folk like Lennon and Murray are mentioning this probably tells you we're doing something right.

As long as we're controlled in our aggression and not say getting out captain sent off half way through our biggest game of the season, then I see nothing wrong with his approach.

Now lets adopt it for every game this season, no matter the opposition.

Kaiser1962
19-10-2013, 07:13 PM
One of the big positives from today was the way in which the players were prepared to get stuck in. Thought the tackles were by and large firm but fair, with the odd exception.

Correct. We have been soft as ***** for years and it is "pleasing" to hear others complain about us for a wee change, rather than us getting our erses handed to us.

portohibee
19-10-2013, 07:21 PM
if thats peoples perception of us then magic, as others say, been too soft too long

Seems Lennon clearly thinks so,

Neil Lennon hit out at Hibernian following Celtic's 1-1 draw at Easter Road, describing some of their tackling as "shocking" and "reckless".

Hibs striker Paul Heffernan opened the scoring in the 17th minute before Hoops substitute James Forrest levelled with a wonderful solo goal with 15 minutes remaining.

Only two Hibs players, Liam Craig and Ryan McGivern, were booked but Lennon was furious when asked about some of the tackling from Pat Fenlon's men.

He said: "It was shocking - absolutely shocking. Reckless.

"I'm all for competitive football, no one more than myself, but seriously, they were borderline tackles.

"I didn't really say to Pat but I made my feelings pretty clear to the fourth official. I don't think it was any player target in particular, it was across the board.

"We've got a big Champions League game and I'm not asking any favours, I don't mind teams being competitive, and the physicality of the game was good but I felt it was over the top."

"My opinion may be different from Pat's, he'll say he sent his team out to get in our faces and I don't mind that at all, but the ref should take more of a grip on it sometimes."

Lennon also claimed Heffernan's goal was offside, saying: "I haven't looked back at the goal, I didn't need to - you can see he's at least a yard off.

"I'm not here to criticise officials but when it's as blatant as that, you have to ask 'why did you miss that?'

"Our reaction to what was clearly an offside goal was fantastic, though, and the unbeaten run continues."

Fenlon showed no contrition when told of Lennon's criticism.

"Good," he said.

"That means the message is getting across to my players, that we want to go and compete and get in people's faces.

"We worked tremendously hard and we made sure Celtic knew they were in a game and that's what it was about today.

"You've got to be because if you stand off them and let them play then they will tear you apart and we weren't going to (let them) do that.

"I think most of the tackles were fair, I think there was one in the first half that they moaned about but it was a good tackle, it was a real good challenge.

"Everyone has different opinions I suppose."

JimBHibees
19-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Ewan Murray is a grade A jamboid roaster.
His team are woeful and he's looking for a reaction and something to talk about cos his team are utterly woeful.

We have a team that can mix it and show a bit of skill when needed. Nowt wrong with that IMHO.

I'd rather we got stuck in than be totally over run game after game.

Nice try Ewan but GTGYYF

Nail on head, most physical team dream on Yam roaster compared to the pub team he supports.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2013, 07:24 PM
if thats peoples perception of us then magic, as others say, been too soft too long

Neil Lennon hit out at Hibernian following Celtic's 1-1 draw at Easter Road, describing some of their tackling as "shocking" and "reckless".

Hibs striker Paul Heffernan opened the scoring in the 17th minute before Hoops substitute James Forrest levelled with a wonderful solo goal with 15 minutes remaining.

Only two Hibs players, Liam Craig and Ryan McGivern, were booked but Lennon was furious when asked about some of the tackling from Pat Fenlon's men.

"I'm all for competitive football, no one more than myself, but seriously, they were borderline tackles.

"I didn't really say to Pat but I made my feelings pretty clear to the fourth official. I don't think it was any player target in particular, it was across the board.

"We've got a big Champions League game and I'm not asking any favours, I don't mind teams being competitive, and the physicality of the game was good but I felt it was over the top."

"My opinion may be different from Pat's, he'll say he sent his team out to get in our faces and I don't mind that at all, but the ref should take more of a grip on it sometimes."

Lennon also claimed Heffernan's goal was offside, saying: "I haven't looked back at the goal, I didn't need to - you can see he's at least a yard off.

"I'm not here to criticise officials but when it's as blatant as that, you have to ask 'why did you miss that?'

"Our reaction to what was clearly an offside goal was fantastic, though, and the unbeaten run continues."

"Good," he said.

"That means the message is getting across to my players, that we want to go and compete and get in people's faces.

"We worked tremendously hard and we made sure Celtic knew they were in a game and that's what it was about today.

"You've got to be because if you stand off them and let them play then they will tear you apart and we weren't going to (let them) do that.

"I think most of the tackles were fair, I think there was one in the first half that they moaned about but it was a good tackle, it was a real good challenge.

Love that reaction from Pat. :aok:

goosefat
19-10-2013, 07:42 PM

FIFA Rule 1.1.1973.0.7 - Provided at least 2 players from the offending team point at the ball after a player from the opposing team has been sliced in two then the tackle is deemed legal. :wink:

bringbackbenny
19-10-2013, 07:46 PM

"Good," he said.

"

Thats a fantastic quote from Pat. :thumbsup:

Hibs have been far too soft for years, if we get that same degree of desire and physical toughness in every match then this team hopefully has the correct foundations to progress up the table

truehibernian
19-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Ewan Murray looks like.......

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/452x610/a_c/8bod_V_12oct10.jpg

You now cannot take anything he writes seriously surely :greengrin:aok:

Jack Hackett
19-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Hopefully his wee jambo boys will be s***ting their breeks when they come a calling for the QF at the end of the month :greengrin

kaimendhibs
19-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Thats a fantastic quote from Pat. :thumbsup:

Hibs have been far too soft for years, if we get that same degree of desire and physical toughness in every match then this team hopefully has the correct foundations to progress up the table

Agree 100%

Sent from my iphone

Speedy
19-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Don't see anything wrong with that tweet.

goosefat
19-10-2013, 08:04 PM

"I'm all for competitive football, no one more than myself, but seriously, they were borderline tackles."

So by "borderline" Neil, you accept that those tackles were interpreted by the referee viewing it at the time as on the 'fair' side of the borderline?

Example: If a golf ball is "borderline out of bounds" then what you really mean to say that it is "in bounds"

Dipsh*t....

Jonnyboy
19-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Ewan Murray knows all about muscle. After all it's a muscle he has between his ears

LeithBoozy
19-10-2013, 08:21 PM
FIFA Rule 1.1.1973.0.7 - Provided at least 2 players from the offending team point at the ball after a player from the opposing team has been sliced in two then the tackle is deemed legal. :wink:

BRILLIANT. :greengrin

monktonharp
19-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Love that reaction from Pat. :aok::agree:excellent comments from Pat Fenlon.

I said to 2 guys sitting next to me today at the match:good to see us bossing the midfield for a change, to which both agreed. we have lost Derby games that we could have/should have won over the years, mainly because we were steamrollered by bully boy tactics in the mid. some no doubt because of the physical precence, some because of a lack of real fight when reqd. I for one, was delighted to see our guys mixing it today. as for Lennon, he's got a hard neck, dirty wee tosser when he played and his number 5 today got away with murder in the 1st half. imho.

shagpile
19-10-2013, 08:36 PM
If any hearts supporter thinks this Hibs team is physical, then they had best stay away from the games next season. If they get lucky & simply get relegated,the 1st division IS physical. If justice is to be done then,the 3rd division is even worse! Ask that little thug Black who did nothing but moan about the 'treatment' he received last season:greengrin

3pm
19-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I'll watch it again tomorrow but my initial thought is that his comments were pish.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Hilarious! We've hardly put a decent tackle in for 3 seasons!

Ricky Bobby
19-10-2013, 09:05 PM

When the big fella knew he was getting hee haw he got up quick enough. Good challenge.

Ryan69
19-10-2013, 09:27 PM
We were never going to win most possesion chart or chances...but I was well happy.
We showed a physical presense that has been missing for a long time!
We battered them!
They knew they had a game on their hands..and every Hibs player got pass marks in my book!

Just_Jimmy
19-10-2013, 10:00 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/abyqejuq.jpg

SunshineOnLeith
19-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Tin hat firmly on, but Fenlon's winning me round.

Hibs07p
20-10-2013, 05:56 AM

It's about time too. Too soft for too long, but that has to be maintained against all our opponents. Win the individual battles, that gets us time on the ball to play the way we want to play. That said, depending on the referee, against The Proud Sons of Gorgie, who, might be taken in, as the poor wee boys are falling all around, mostly play acting, or cheating, to gain an advantage. I hope the referee isn't the type to grab all the headlines, but fear the worse.

GGTTH

Onion
20-10-2013, 06:18 AM
I think its hilarious that this supposedly hard, physical, bullying Hibs team earned a whopping total of 2 yellow cards today.

Meanwhile a couple of weeks ago Celtic's captain was sent off for first scything down, then kicking a player on the ground. He now has a 3 game ban handed out to him and yet Lennon has the nerve to criticise us and all the talk in the media after the game was blaming Neymar for overreacting.

The fact that folk like Lennon and Murray are mentioning this probably tells you we're doing something right.

As long as we're controlled in our aggression and not say getting out captain sent off half way through our biggest game of the season, then I see nothing wrong with his approach.

Now lets adopt it for every game this season, no matter the opposition.

Lennon's comments were all about his fears for his wee lambs ahead of a Euro match and little to do with Hibs approach to the game. Yes, Hibs did press and chase down Celtic players but there were VERY FEW bad tackles. In fact i can't remember one that was dangerous or one Celtic player who got treatment (other than Commons who got a hammy).

If Lennon's not happy then we're doing something right :thumbsup:

SkintHibby
20-10-2013, 06:36 AM

You are easily pleased. Got a long, long way to go IMO.:agree:

haggisbaws
20-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I just read in the weegie sunday mail that lennon says we were overly physical and trhat they will be ready for us in december. the guys a bam

adhibs
20-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Can only think of mcgiverns challenge when he injured himself that looked a bit heavy. Dunno what hes moanin about

davy malcolm
20-10-2013, 06:53 AM
It's the sellick way conspiracy against them tramps

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 07:10 AM
In what is generally a physical league, we have been one of the least physical and weaker teams in that sense for years. Now we are matching other teams and showing we are not going to get pushed about any more, we are now accused of being over physical by the likes of football thug Neil Lennon and some nonenity Jambos journalist :hilarious

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 07:18 AM

A good, clean, solid and hard tackle. More of the same please Hibs :agree:

Onion
20-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Too much made of Lennon's comments in the media. Just sour grapes from the graceless thug. In fact, his veiled threat that Celtic will deal with Hibs when we go to Parkhead should be punished. Hibs approach and defending was spot on.

The Herald summed it up well

"The Celtic manager also lambasted the home side for their tackling, but it was harder to see where he was coming from on this, despite a bad, late challenge by Rowan Vine. Hibs adopted a robust, tight marking approach which pleased Pat Fenlon, but hardly merited Lennon's verdict of "absolutely shocking".

marinello59
20-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Brilliant. I love that we have got under his skin like that. His team are the biggest bunch of whingng cry babies I have seen at ER in a long time.

Ozyhibby
20-10-2013, 07:29 AM

The defending has certainly improved and of team set up is a lot better now. He deserves credit for getting the tactics spot on yesterday with Jones holding and Thomson and Robertson a little further forward disrupting Brown and Kayal.
There's hope for Pat yet. :-)

Jim44
20-10-2013, 08:14 AM
It's not only Lennon and Jambo Murray who are bleating. For years the vast majority of pundits and media dwarfs have revelled in laughing and sneering at Hibs as the soft touch of Scottish football, even to the extent of suggesting we have to adopt a more aggressive and physical approach. Now that it appears we are taking their advice and getting something from most of our games, they don't like it. I've never felt guilty of suffering from a persecution complex but there isn't a shadow of doubt in my mind that it's widely fashionable to knock Hibs using any ammunition available. Stuff them!

Col2
20-10-2013, 08:27 AM
The last time we played them was the cup final in May and we never got near them. They had the easiest 90 mins given the importance of the game. Lennon was relaxed and smiling then.

5 months later he is raging. His team won't get many more in your face type games than the one we witnessed yesterday. Progress and GIRUY Lennon.

coco22
20-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I love it when Lennon spouts pish like this. His wee boy, 'cannae take it' reactions make taking points from them even sweeter for me. Great that we show a bit of fight and rattle a few pundits / managers while doing so (and anyone else who has jumped on the hate-hibs-for-no-reason - now they have a reason, GIRFUY)

jdships
20-10-2013, 08:43 AM
The defending has certainly improved and of team set up is a lot better now. He deserves credit for getting the tactics spot on yesterday with Jones holding and Thomson and Robertson a little further forward disrupting Brown and Kayal.
There's hope for Pat yet. :-)

Agree :top marks with your post
I also wonder if it is also a case of the team beginning to " gel" ?
Look at the squad and you will notice the number of " new faces" who were brought in at the start of the season . It can often take time for players to adjust to each others ways and is this the sign of weeks of hard work coming to fruition ?
TIME WILL TELL :wink::greengrin

Alfred E Newman
20-10-2013, 08:59 AM

"Good," he said.

This will be the same Neil Lennon that was one of the nastiest players ever to grace a football park and of course we mustn't forget his mucker Alan Thomson who once put a young Scott Brown out the game for a couple of months for winding him up. Over the years Celtic have never failed to dish it out when they need to , usually helped by weak refereeing ,and I have to say that one of the worst tackles I have ever seen was committed by Celtic "legend" Yogi Hughes and it practically finished Bobby Duncan's career.
Grow up Lennon!

Aldo
20-10-2013, 09:04 AM
So we've gone from the softest to the dirtiest.
Lennon needs to take a look at the re run of the game and then comment.

Thank god it wasn't his baw we were playing with cos if it was he would of been away in a strop up the road before the hour was out.

HibbyAndy
20-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I remember scott mcdonald at parkheid ripping his studs down Van zantan leg so much so van zantan broke his shin guard.

green day
20-10-2013, 09:10 AM
The Herald report is sensible and kinda puts Lennon in his place.

I was out last night with a tic fan who watched it on TV and said nothing about our tactics/tackles.

Says it all really - and remember, Nelson got a black eye in a challenge, don't remember any tic player even getting the trainer on during the entire 90 mins?

Hibrandenburg
20-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Agree :top marks with your post
I also wonder if it is also a case of the team beginning to " gel" ?
Look at the squad and you will notice the number of " new faces" who were brought in at the start of the season . It can often take time for players to adjust to each others ways and is this the sign of weeks of hard work coming to fruition ?
TIME WILL TELL :wink::greengrin

But WGS can get a team turned around in a matter of weeks, if the manager of a national team can do it there's no reason a club manager can't do it. After all both have the same quality and amount of resources to utilize! :wink:

Bighoose
20-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Lennon also failed to mention his sub Balde's first three challenges.

Three fouls to us with the last one nearly knocking Nelson out.

The guy is an erse.

The Falcon
20-10-2013, 09:27 AM
But WGS can get a team turned around in a matter of weeks, if the manager of a national team can do it there's no reason a club manager can't do it. After all both have the same quality and amount of resources to utilize! :wink:

Middlesborough? :wink:

Jim44
20-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Lennon's veiled threat that we have to play his team again is as crass as a schoolboy threat, " my dad's gonnie get your dad and he's bigger than your dad."

The Falcon
20-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Lennon's veiled threat that we have to play his team again is as crass as a schoolboy threat, " my dad's gonnie get your dad and he's bigger than your dad."

What if a Hibs player gets hurt in that game?

Andy74
20-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Yeah and Fenlon had us around the top of the league for a spell last year.

We are on a run of what one loss in nine?

About time for some credit to be given.

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 10:01 AM

"Good," he said.

"Everyone has different opinions I suppose."Good stuff Pat, **** off lennon

Spike Mandela
20-10-2013, 10:03 AM

A lot of credit will be held back until after the cup game against Hearts.

Rightly or wrongly, if we lose that one, Fenlon will be under pressure big style. Anything can happen in a cup game of course but for this one I have a feeling that the Hibernian family EXPECTS a result.

After yesterdays performance it is a blow that Nelson may be out and we can't use Heff. A win, and Fenlon will be acclaimed as turning us around but if the worst happens the last nine games will be swiftly forgotten and we will be back to regular mentions of the two cup finals, this season's first derby and the Malmo disaster.

silverhibee
20-10-2013, 10:07 AM

:agree:

Well done Pat and the lads on yesterdays performance, lets keep the momentum going.

brog
20-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Lennon is a classless clown. Only he could have provoked Alan ( Mary Poppins ) Shearer into kicking him in the head. His remark today is typical Lennon," I don't want to single anyone out but Rowan Vine etc etc ". I suspect most Celtc fans see him for the poor tactician & empty vessel that he is & its only a few weeks ago that Barca were calling Celtc rough. Usual OF double standards.

truehibernian
20-10-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought Neil Lennon said recently in the press that Celtic fans are the most knowledgable in the world and they applaud good opposition players when they see them and appreciate their performances even if it's against them - all I could hear when Ryan was subbed yesterday was booing from their end :cb shurely shom mishtake :agree:

brog
20-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Lennon is a classless clown. Only he could have provoked Alan ( Mary Poppins ) Shearer into kicking him in the head. His remark today is typical Lennon," I don't want to single anyone out but Rowan Vine etc etc ". I suspect most Celtc fans see him for the poor tactician & empty vessel that he is & its only a few weeks ago that Barca were calling Celtc rough. Usual OF double standards.

Enjoy!! Shearer didnt even get red!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp0teYYi70

erin go bragh
20-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Little bitter man . he must have kept his eye shut when his team kicked Barca off the park . fud that he is .

Ggtth

Dan Sarf
20-10-2013, 11:08 AM
'Lennon has called Hibs "shocking and reckless" after Celtic's bruising 1 - 1 draw at Easter Road yesterday. The Celtic manager warned Fenlon and Hibs to expect the same treatment when they play in Glasgow, "We'll play Hibs again," he said, "They can expect us to be competitive."' (The Scotsman's "Rumour Mill".)

Incitement to violence or what? Thank goodness our refs are totally impartial and won't stand for anything like that.

Tricla
20-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Lennon is an odious wee scrote.
I'd love a square go with him.

Tinribs
20-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Only 2 yellow cards in the game, i guess lennon had his ref glasses on again. Fud of a man at times.

Waxy
20-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Has anyone ever heard lennon give any opposing team ANY credit?

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Only 2 yellow cards in the game, i guess lennon had his ref glasses on again. Fud of a man all the time.fixed that for you :aok:

stu in nottingham
20-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Cheers for the extra motivation for next time, Lennon.

hibby rae
20-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Cheers for the extra motivation for next time, Lennon.

Pat should stick that on the changing room wall.

SunshineOnLeith
20-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Has anyone ever heard lennon give any opposing team ANY credit?

To be fair, he's normally quite good for praising opposition teams when they get a result against Celtc. Which just makes his post match slavering this time all the more pleasing, as we've clearly got under his skin and annoyed him.

hibbymick
20-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Its a pity he wasnt very COMPETETIVE when those 2 blokes filled him in through in the weedge.

Tinribs
20-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Pat should stick that on the changing room wall.

Was momentarily shocked looking at your avatar mate, thought it was a picture of your dobber with GGTTH on it....then realised it was a thumb :greengrin

greenginger
20-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Is there any mention that Celtic only got their equaliser because our left back was off getting treatment after being clogged by a Celtic hammer thrower ?

Thought not !

#FromTheCapital
20-10-2013, 11:23 AM
It's easy to see why he's the most hated man in Scottish football. Brings all the abuse on himself by behaving like a pre-pubescent ********. Such a hypocrite as well, was a dirty player himself.

Heisenberg
20-10-2013, 11:23 AM
@mnelse6: Certain people crying & moaning about tackles in the paper today. Don't hear me complaining about this #ManUp http://t.co/tqRflWc4vN

Keith_M
20-10-2013, 11:34 AM
@mnelse6: Certain people crying & moaning about tackles in the paper today. Don't hear me complaining about this #ManUp http://t.co/tqRflWc4vN

Exactly. That was the work of one of Lennon's thugs!

kaimendhibs
20-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Hope not true but heard Nelson has broken cheekbone

Sent from my iphone

mutley
20-10-2013, 12:00 PM
'Lennon has called Hibs "shocking and reckless" after Celtic's bruising 1 - 1 draw at Easter Road yesterday. The Celtic manager warned Fenlon and Hibs to expect the same treatment when they play in Glasgow, "We'll play Hibs again," he said, "They can expect us to be competitive."' (The Scotsman's "Rumour Mill".)

Incitement to violence or what? Thank goodness our refs are totally impartial and won't stand for anything like that.

Competitive eh? How sweet would it be to take 3 points of them in December

green day
20-10-2013, 12:04 PM
To be fair, he's normally quite good for praising opposition teams when they get a result against Celtc. Which just makes his post match slavering this time all the more pleasing, as we've clearly got under his skin and annoyed him.

Really?

IMO Lennon is effusive in praising opposition only when his team has won - e.g. 'we expected a tough game, XYZ played well but I thought our class showed in the end'........is his usual level of 'praise'.

jdships
20-10-2013, 12:15 PM

Have you looked at Strachan's managerial record ?

1996–2001 Coventry City Sacked
2001–2004 Southampton Resigned before he was sacked
2005–2009 Celtic Resigned before he was sacked
2009–2010 Middlesbrough Resigned before he was sacked

doesn't read too well does it :greengrin

2013– Scotland

Hibrandenburg
20-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Have you looked at Strachan's managerial record ?

1996–2001 Coventry City Sacked
2001–2004 Southampton Resigned before he was sacked
2005–2009 Celtic Resigned before he was sacked
2009–2010 Middlesbrough Resigned before he was sacked

doesn't read too well does it :greengrin

2013– Scotland

Was pretty much the point of my post, hence the winky. There were a few gurus who were using WGS success with the national team to underpin their reasoning for slating PF's record last week. They claim that a football team of Hibs caliber shouldn't need time to gel.

Was a bit of a fishing trip on my part but the wrong tiddlers have been nibbling :greengrin

basehibby
20-10-2013, 12:58 PM
You are easily pleased. Got a long, long way to go IMO.:agree:

You are the opposite - 1 defeat out of the last 9 games is surely grounds for some optimism - to deny that is just plain awkward.

The_Sauz
20-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Looks like we upset him with out style of play yesterday :greengrin
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/lennon-rages-at-tackles.22474144

Cabbage East
20-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Good. About ****ing time we had a team with a bit of bottle. Just need the swagger now.

20-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Ignore them, dirty, cheating poppy-stealing trash. They have dished it out for years but now that we are standing up for ourselves, physically without clogging, they don't like it. Well stuff 'em I say.

Exactly. Hearts have always played their bully boy tactics against us now we are finally standing up to them and they don't like it.

20-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Surprise surprise Neil Lennon whinging his moaning wee face off as per usual when things don't go his way.

Sit down and shut up you embarrassing, greeeting faced little ***** :fenlon

GordonHFC
20-10-2013, 01:30 PM
We may have gone in hard yesterday but at least we stopped short of kicking them when they were lying on the deck.

marleyhib
20-10-2013, 01:30 PM
His team spent most of the game rolling about on the deck trying to get our players booked.

From where I was sitting McGivern's tackle looked pretty "solid", apart from that I didn't see any bad challenges from us.

We were solid and competed hard for every ball, good to see - they didn't like it.

--------
20-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Hope not true but heard Nelson has broken cheekbone

Sent from my iphone

Well he says in his tweet, "Maybe. Find out for certain tomorrow."

So whoever told you his cheekbone's broken obviously knows more than the big guy himself.

Or maybe he's just spouting horse-feathers. :rolleyes:

Lennon's whinge is just par for the course - managers of "big" teams always complain when "wee" teams get a result against them, and a favourite line has always been that the opposition were "allowed" by the referee to "kick my players off the park". Jock Stein was particularly partial to this approach - ironic when you consider what a cultured and skillful defender he was(n't) in his own playing days.

I would also say that in nearly 50 years I have rarely seen a player deliberately go in with the intention of injuring a fellow-professional; the two cases which spring my mind have already been mentioned here - Hughes' disgraceful assault on Bobby Duncan which ended Bobby's very promising career (that was under Stein), and Alan Thompson's foul on Scott Brown - deliberate and vindictive - in a match Lennon himself played in. Note that both these cases involve Celtic players.

And come to think of it, wasn't Bobo Balde sent off for punching Scott Brown when Brown was at his annoying best in Hibs' colours? And Scottie only half his size (if that).

McGivern's tackle might have been penalised as reckless under present interpretations of the rules, but the present interpretations of the rules are fast reducing what used to be a man's game to a non-contact sport suitable for elderly ladies and invalids. Ryan took the ball cleanly, and the Celtic player fell over and then went into simulation-mode, abruptly desisting when he realised the referee wasn't looking at him.

Back in the day, if you got the ball squarely, it was a fair tackle, and while tackling from behind and tackling over the ball needed sorting, some of the challenges we see players carded for nowadays would have been considered perfectly acceptable tackles 10 years ago.

It's good to see the Hibs midfield mixing it with the opposition, but we need to bear in mind that Hibs players won't get away with the same sort of challenges as Celtic players from some referees; ditto in regard to Jambos and Craig Thomson. We don't want to end up with a string of red cards.

We still lack pace from midfield; Zoubir wasn't at his best yesterday IMO (not that I'm knocking him - he's been a decided asset to the team so far this season), and maybe we'll only get on top of that problem when Alex Harris returns.

Lennon upset by a more riobust approach in midfield? Threatening reprisals? Got a few bumps and bruises to sort out prior to Tuesday evening?

GOOD. :pfgwa

hibIBZ
20-10-2013, 01:34 PM
There was only 2 yellow cards in the game. Doesn't exactly tie in with these apparently over the top tackles.
Going on what Heffernan said, we weren't exactly going to them to come to our ground and knock the ball about without getting in their faces.

very refreshing to see a hibs aide with fight and dig. No soft touch anymore

truehibernian
20-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Tim Clancy was also given quite a work out a good bit before kick off yesterday - looked to be running fine.

brog
20-10-2013, 01:56 PM

So whoever told you his cheekbone's broken obviously knows more than the big guy himself.

Lennon's whinge is just par for the course - managers of "big" teams always complain when "wee" teams get a result against them, and a favourite line has always been that the opposition were "allowed" by the referee to "kick my players off the park". Jock Stein was particularly partial to this approach - ironic when you consider what a cultured and skillful defender he was(n't) in his own playing days.

I would also say that in nearly 50 years I have rarely seen a player deliberately go in with the intention of injuring a fellow-professional; the two cases which spring my mind have already been mentioned here - Hughes' disgraceful assault on Bobby Duncan which ended Bobby's very promising career (that was under Stein), and Alan Thompson's foul on Scott Brown - deliberate and vindictive - in a match Lennon himself played in. Note that both these cases involve Celtic players.

And come to think of it, wasn't Bobo Balde sent off for punching Scott Brown when Brown was at his annoying best in Hibs' colours? And Scottie only half his size (if that).

McGivern's tackle might have been penalised as reckless under present interpretations of the rules, but the present interpretations of the rules are fast reducing what used to be a man's game to a non-contact sport suitable for elderly ladies and invalids. Ryan took the ball cleanly, and the Celtic player fell over and then went into simulation-mode, abruptly desisting when he realised the referee wasn't looking at him.

Back in the day, if you got the ball squarely, it was a fair tackle, and while tackling from behind and tackling over the ball needed sorting, some of the challenges we see players carded for nowadays would have been considered perfectly acceptable tackles 10 years ago.

It's good to see the Hibs midfield mixing it with the opposition, but we need to bear in mind that Hibs players won't get away with the same sort of challenges as Celtic players from some referees; ditto in regard to Jambos and Craig Thomson. We don't want to end up with a string of red cards.

We still lack pace from midfield; Zoubir wasn't at his best yesterday IMO (not that I'm knocking him - he's been a decided asset to the team so far this season), and maybe we'll only get on top of that problem when Alex Harris returns.

Lennon upset by a more riobust approach in midfield? Threatening reprisals? Got a few bumps and bruises to sort out prior to Tuesday evening?

I think Bertie Auld on Nobby Styles may have been somewhat intentional Doddie but I enjoyed it at the time!

--------
20-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I think Bertie Auld on Nobby Styles may have been somewhat intentional Doddie but I enjoyed it at the time!

I don't know about the Styles one, but I DO know about Bertie nutting Norman Hunter in the European Cup semi at Hampden.

In the tunnel just before the game, Hunter told George Connelly (the scorer of the only goal in the first leg) that if Connelly even looked at the ball he (hunter) was going to break his (Connelly's) legs.

Not realising that the wee dark-haired guy in front of GC was none other than Bertie Auld.

DLU scored the opening goal and were pressing for another. Hunter was DLU's last man back, and Lennox (the sped merchant) was up with him. Bertie changed places with Lennox, and when no one was looking simply walked up to Hunter and nutted him.

Rumour has it that Hunter played the rest of the match with concussion.

Hunter has always claimed that this didn't happen, but I had two close friends whose word I trust who were at the match and took their solemn oath they saw it.

And anyway - what would Hunter know about it? Serious amnesia's only one drawback of receiving a Glasgow kiss. (Having one's good looks spoiled is another, but that didn't count as far as Hunter was concerned - he always did look like a rhino's backside.

I'd like to think Bertie got Styles as well. That would make him a true legend.

And before anyone says anything - nobbling Hibs players with malice aforethought is one thing. Dealing out just and well-merited retribution to thugs like Hunter and Styles something entirely other.

--------
20-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Tim Clancy was also given quite a work out a good bit before kick off yesterday - looked to be running fine.

Good news - about time.

norhfc
20-10-2013, 02:21 PM
"we,ll play Hibs again" sounded like a threat to me, bring it on. We,ve heard it all before,from Strachan too. Moan about lack of compition.....until they dont win.....leave it out !

Aldo
20-10-2013, 02:30 PM
We made 14 fouls and them 10
2 yellow cards for us.

The over head conditions were poor but barring McGiverns mistimed tackle in 2nd half on the Smellic FB I cannot remember seeing any real 'Crunching' challenges.

Lennon is blowing oot his arse again.

SurferRosa
20-10-2013, 02:34 PM

Clearly, the Celtc player (cannae make out who it is) expected Hibs to allow him to make a simple side-footed pass. It looks like he didn`t expect to actually be challenged. I never knew that teams were supposed to allow the Soap dodgers to pass the ball around for fun.

McGivern went in to win the ball and nothing else. If the Celtc ponce had shown the same commitment he wouldn`t have gotten hurt.......if he did get hurt, of course??

matty_f
20-10-2013, 02:35 PM
We made 14 fouls and them 10
2 yellow cards for us.

The over head conditions were poor but barring McGiverns mistimed tackle in 2nd half on the Smellic FB I cannot remember seeing any real 'Crunching' challenges.

Lennon is blowing oot his arse again.
No way did McGivern mis-time that challenge. Was right in front of me and Ryan knew full well what he was doing. I gave him a standing ovation for it! :greengrin:

brog
20-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't know about the Styles one, but I DO know about Bertie nutting Norman Hunter in the European Cup semi at Hampden.

In the tunnel just before the game, Hunter told George Connelly (the scorer of the only goal in the first leg) that if Connelly even looked at the ball he (hunter) was going to break his (Connelly's) legs.

Not realising that the wee dark-haired guy in front of GC was none other than Bertie Auld.

DLU scored the opening goal and were pressing for another. Hunter was DLU's last man back, and Lennox (the sped merchant) was up with him. Bertie changed places with Lennox, and when no one was looking simply walked up to Hunter and nutted him.

Rumour has it that Hunter played the rest of the match with concussion.

Hunter has always claimed that this didn't happen, but I had two close friends whose word I trust who were at the match and took their solemn oath they saw it.

And anyway - what would Hunter know about it? Serious amnesia's only one drawback of receiving a Glasgow kiss. (Having one's good looks spoiled is another, but that didn't count as far as Hunter was concerned - he always did look like a rhino's backside.

I'd like to think Bertie got Styles as well. That would make him a true legend.

And before anyone says anything - nobbling Hibs players with malice aforethought is one thing. Dealing out just and well-merited retribution to thugs like Hunter and Styles something entirely other.

Bertie definitely did Styles in a "friendly" at ER vs Middlesboro in about 1970. There was a lot of noise from Styles in build up & he put himself about early doors. After about 20 mins the bold Bertie decided enough was enough, enticed Styles into a challenge, pulled back then went straight down on his shin, Styles carried off. I remember nothing about the game but that incident still lives with me. IIRC the great John Fairgrieve, though a Yam, wrote about it in a book which came out in the 70's.

ballengeich
20-10-2013, 02:46 PM
As a player Lennon specialised in snide off the ball fouls when the officials weren't looking. He liked to dish it out, but went moaning to the ref as soon as anyone gave him the same treatment. He's whining, bitter and classless and thinks the world owes him and his club a living. This nasty piece of work epitomises everything that's meant by the phrase Celtic-minded.

I've heard from people who've met him away from his Celtic role that he can be quite different. I suppose he could just be getting dragged down by his environment. Perhaps he should leave and do something useful with his life.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Lennon really is a greetin' faced wee scrote.

Perhaps he has forgotten his cowardly attack on ( I think it was Barry Lavety ) in one game at ER. Lavety had given him a hard time down in the celtic box and Lennon waited for the ball to be cleared and then when he thought none of the officials were looking he booted Lavety on the knee.

As far as I could see yesterday Hibs were hard but fair, apart from the odd foul or mistimed tackle which happens in every game. At least none of our 'tackles' happened when the ball was 50 yards away when the celtic player was'nt looking.

I dont really blame Lennon 100% for his outburst though. I remember Gordon Strachan turning from a highly witty manager to a whinging wee baw bag when he managed sellik ... back to being amusing without being a tit now.

Scott Brown is another one .... when he was at Hibs he could dish it out, but he could take it as well. Now he can still dish it out, but moans like a wee lassie when he gets it back .. witness his outburst against Claros at Hampden for what was in all honestly a bog standard foul that he would have brushed off a few years back.

Nah ... The only way the other clubs in Scotland can level the playing field is by getting into the faces of celtic and stop them from being able to spray the ball about .... more or less the same tactics that celtic will employ agains Ajax on Tuesday night in fact.

heretoday
20-10-2013, 04:48 PM
It's about time Hibs started dishing it out. I can think of a few teams who deserve a good kicking (all of them).

Nobody plays pretty football in Scotland right now anyway except arguably Celtic so bring it on!

ancient hibee
20-10-2013, 05:31 PM
What has really annoyed Lennon is that he had to take Kayal off and bring on Ledley(who he was keeping wrapped in cotton wool before the Ajax game)to try and get some control in midfield.

The only players injured and treated on the field were Hibs players-Balde caused the injury to himself and Nelson.

Incidentaly -I may be wrong but in all my time following Hibs that's the first time I remember benefitting from a ref howler against the OF.

Part/Time Supporter
20-10-2013, 05:43 PM
What has really annoyed Lennon is that he had to take Kayal off and bring on Ledley(who he was keeping wrapped in cotton wool before the Ajax game)to try and get some control in midfield.

The only players injured and treated on the field were Hibs players-Balde caused the injury to himself and Nelson.

Incidentaly -I may be wrong but in all my time following Hibs that's the first time I remember benefitting from a ref howler against the OF.

Obviously talking from a much smaller sample, but the only contentious decision I can think of is the goalline clearance against the Huns late in the 2008/09 season. Hibs held on for a draw that looked like it might cost them the league. There was a bit of stushie about it at the time, but I don't think they ever proved conclusively that it had crossed the line. There hasn't been much whining about it since because Celtic also drew against Hibs days later and the Huns won the league.

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 08:06 PM
This will be the same Neil Lennon that was one of the nastiest players ever to grace a football park and of course we mustn't forget his mucker Alan Thomson who once put a young Scott Brown out the game for a couple of months for winding him up. Over the years Celtic have never failed to dish it out when they need to , usually helped by weak refereeing ,and I have to say that one of the worst tackles I have ever seen was committed by Celtic "legend" Yogi Hughes and it practically finished Bobby Duncan's career.
Grow up Lennon!

Exactly the tackle I thought of when reading your post MB. I'm not sure Hughes was even booked for what was the dirtiest tackle I have ever seen.

poolman
20-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Think maybe Lennon has a point

We were far to robust in our tackles against Scotland's flagship side who are due to play a champions league game this midweek

In fairness to Celtic I think a replay is in order with our thugs made to play in slippers

OsloHibs
20-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Neil Lennon. Moaning. Who would've thought :rolleyes: Keep it up Hibs :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Think maybe Lennon has a point

We were far to robust in our tackles against Scotland's flagship side who are due to play a champions league game this midweek

In fairness to Celtic I think a replay is in order with our thugs made to play in slippers

I know thats supposed to be funny .... but have you given any thought to the folk travelling from Aberdeen and Dundee and Perth and Paisley and Motherwell and Greenock and Dunfermline and Kilmarnock and Dumfries and Inverness and Hamilton and of course Edinburgh for that game. They wont want half their team on the injured list.

Just think before you post .... cellik need to be successful or these folk are going to start following local clubs and its clubs like us who will be to blame. Honestly :bitchy:

Iggy Pope
20-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I have to say if I was playing against Charlie Mulgrew I would want to rake down his calf just for the amount of fannying about he does while preparing his socks for his (largely crap) dead ball exhibitionism.
Big pansy.

OsloHibs
20-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Been reading the players replies to old sourpuss via twitter. Liked Rowan Vine's reply :smokin

Curly1875
20-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Been reading the players replies to old sourpuss via twitter. Liked Rowan Vine's reply :smokin

Care to share with those of us who don't have twitter?

Eyrie
20-10-2013, 09:40 PM
The Ginger Whinger always finds something to moan about so that attention is distracted from the fact that he couldn't get his expensively assembled team to win a routine league match against a less talented side.

We did what was required to match Septic, and did it very well. Whilst we rode our luck a little, I'd say we got the result our performance deserved because it's not easy to work that hard and concentrate for the full 90 minutes when under constant pressure.

weedgiehibbie
20-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Seems like a textbook example of when someone finally stands up to a bully - and not just in football terms - the bully whines and moans like a big jessie cause they dont like it.

I dont think it would take much research to find much, much worse challenges from Lennon as a player to what we saw on Saturday from both sides.

Well done Hibs for standing up for themselves on the pitch :agree:

--------
20-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Exactly the tackle I thought of when reading your post MB. I'm not sure Hughes was even booked for what was the dirtiest tackle I have ever seen.

He was not.

And IIRC Stein only subbed him after one of our guys got him in a really meaty challenge (even for those days) and it became somewhat more than apparent that Hughes would be lucky to walk off at half-time.

(If he'd never walked again it would have been too soon for me.)

As you say, John - the dirtiest physical assault I ever saw on a football field. (A tackle it was not.)

Miguel
20-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Going back a bit, but when Scotland played England at Hampden in a Euro qualifier and British Championship match in 1968 (the game after 3-2 at Wenbley), he was given the place that should have gone to an on fire Peter Cormack and the 1-1 draw put England through. Mind, Hughes did score iirc!

dp00
20-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Twitter does it again...

Rowan vine and Neil Lennon appear to be having words

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Ozyhibby
20-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Think Lennon will be more concerned about Mulgrew's tackle tomorrow.

Capt Mainwaring
20-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Since Lennon has been moaning about bad tackles all weekend, he may want to check Charlie Mulgrew's Twitter Account! #putitawayson

Leishy1995
20-10-2013, 11:38 PM
As hahahahaha Vine went Hard on Lennon and Lennon replies "did I just read that?" First tweet to Lennon by a Hibee "I'd be suprised if you could read anything"

Charlie mulgrew is on drugs

Just_Jimmy
20-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Whats mulgrew said?

Dunderhall
20-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Whats mulgrew said?
Actions speak louder than words. :wink:

SmithyHibee
20-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Whats mulgrew said?

One of the replies is a young smelly from East Ayrshire who is due her wee "bhoy" soon, to be called ...... Wait for it ....... LARSSON! They're good for laughing at I'll give them that!

ChooseLife
21-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Vine has now apologized to Lennon on twitter, *boke*

jgl07
21-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Bertie definitely did Styles in a "friendly" at ER vs Middlesboro in about 1970. There was a lot of noise from Styles in build up & he put himself about early doors. After about 20 mins the bold Bertie decided enough was enough, enticed Styles into a challenge, pulled back then went straight down on his shin, Styles carried off. I remember nothing about the game but that incident still lives with me. IIRC the great John Fairgrieve, though a Yam, wrote about it in a book which came out in the 70's.

It was Nobby Stiles not Styles. He was very similar to Neil Lennon. Very little skill or pace but a hard tackler. Both could dish it out but unable to take it.

California-Hibs
21-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Can someone actually copy and paste the conversation that took place so the rest of us can stop guessing?

ChooseLife
21-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Vine: "Might get me mate Alan Shearer to send him another size 9 Umbro Speciali in the dish if he don't pipe down..." (referring to Lennon)

Lennon's direct reply: "Did I read that right"

Vines: "was light hearted,just thought your comment was poor,thought it was a good physical game..."
"apologies obviously if you've taken offence.."

Vine also commented (not directly to Lennon) "Some people need to relax...bit of banter to get people biting.."
"Never been fortunate to meet Mr Shearer or Mr Lennon personally.."

Lennon did not reply.

HibeeDaz6270
21-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Can someone actually copy and paste the conversation that took place so the rest of us can stop guessing?

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)6h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392032173483913216)
Might get me mate Alan Shearer to send him another size 9 Umbro Speciali in the dish if he don't pipe down...

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)7h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392027032437424129)

But has he been smoking something else..I hardly touched the boy and there were no 'reckless' tackles in the game..

wan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)7h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392026721236828161)
Read Sir Neil Lennon's comments regarding tackles in y'days game and said my tackle was 'rugby-esque'..I mean I know he likes the snus....

Vine was then hit with alot of messages from celtic fans and then made further tweets below

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)6h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392044297014763521)
Loving the boys diving in on the "me mate shearer" one...few shocking 2 footers on twitter tonight..#jockey (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23jockey&src=hash) #showhimtheline (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23showhimtheline&src=hash) #stayonurfeet (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23stayonurfeet&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392044297014763521)

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)5h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392050126036148225)
@OfficialNeil (https://twitter.com/OfficialNeil) apologies obviously if you've taken offence..

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)5h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392049967453724672)
@OfficialNeil (https://twitter.com/OfficialNeil) was light hearted,just thought your comment was poor,thought it was a good physical game..

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)5h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392048092629196801)
Never been fortunate to meet Mr Shearer or Mr Lennon personally..

Expand (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392048092629196801)

owan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)5h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392047900685262848)
Some people need to relax...bit of banter to get people biting..

Expand (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392047900685262848)

The only thing i have saw from Lennon was this response below

Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine)7h (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/392032173483913216)
Might get me mate Alan Shearer to send him another size 9 Umbro Speciali in the dish if he don't pipe down...

Neil Lennon ‏@OfficialNeil (https://twitter.com/OfficialNeil)6h (https://twitter.com/OfficialNeil/status/392046116910690304)
@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine) Did I read that right

Moulin Yarns
21-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

southsider
21-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Lennon is like your typical bully. It's ok for his team to kick Barca off the park but when a big boy stands up to them Lennon bursts into tears and goes crying to the press. Well done Pat G I R U T.

Ray_
21-10-2013, 07:58 AM

Remember it well enough [disclaimer stuck in there :greengrin]. It was ET first Hibs home game as the new Hibs manager, pre-season 1971, the whole week's build up wasn't about Hibs & Boro, it was about Auld & Stiles. Stiles went in high on Auld, who saw it coming and he turned the tables and went in higher and caught Stiles, who got a rapturous reception as he was carried off. I'm sure the game ended nil nil.

Northernhibee
21-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

Blatant dive from Lennon.

Aldo
21-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

Should of been booked for a blatant head butt on Shearers boot.

Disgraceful behaviour.

(Te he- Ouch)

Spike Mandela
21-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I wonder why Lenny annoys everyone so much? :rolleyes:

gillie
21-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Typical Lennon starts the debate slating hibs for being harsh and then takes offence when his comments are challenged, he loves to stir up

Spike Mandela
21-10-2013, 10:19 AM
The danger of this latest storm in a teacup is if every manager in the league picks it up. If we win next week cue McInnes whinging about rough house tactics and so on and so on by various managers until media can't stop bringing it up then refs go out with a preconceived notion of our reputation.

Better to have ignored Lennon's sour grapes comments.

gillie
21-10-2013, 10:26 AM
The danger of this latest storm in a teacup is if every manager in the league picks it up. If we win next week cue McInnes whinging about rough house tactics and so on and so on by various managers until media can't stop bringing it up then refs go out with a preconceived notion of our reputation.

lennon is a good wind up artist he is hard to ignore, he makes you want punch him

skipster7
21-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Media already backing Lennon, Headlines in the Sunday papers fair enough but the pictures and captions had meshaking my head. One had McGivern sliding in to a tackle with caption describing it as a "wild lunge " and another had a pic of him after clearing the ball with his foot high with Commons close beside him, with a pic of Commons
limping off right next to it . Quite shocking really :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
21-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Siem de Jong must think Ajax are playing Hibs tomorrow night...

:cb

Ajax captain Siem de Jong says his young team will have to man-up in Glasgow on Tuesday or risk being crushed by a powerful Celtic team in their Champions League Group H game.

Full story: The Sun (subscription)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

Looks like one of Lennon's players didn't get the memo:

[Lennon] described some of the Edinburgh side's tackling as "shocking" and "reckless" , but [Virgil] Van Dijk said: "No, I didn't think it was too physical.

"Some of the challenges definitely were tough, but we played a very good game.

"We created a lot of chances and we should have scored two or three, but we didn't lose, so that was good."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24608105

givescotlandfreedom
21-10-2013, 01:49 PM
As hahahahaha Vine went Hard on Lennon and Lennon replies "did I just read that?" First tweet to Lennon by a Hibee "I'd be suprised if you could read anything"

Charlie mulgrew is on drugs

Ha ha outstanding!

givescotlandfreedom
21-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Media already backing Lennon, Headlines in the Sunday papers fair enough but the pictures and captions had meshaking my head. One had McGivern sliding in to a tackle with caption describing it as a "wild lunge " and another had a pic of him after clearing the ball with his foot high with Commons close beside him, with a pic of Commons
limping off right next to it . Quite shocking really :rolleyes:

Which one was this? Pathetic really when according to Lennon himself Commons went off after over stretching after a ball.

hibby rae
21-10-2013, 03:06 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-players-attack-neil-lennon-s-claims-1-3149340

Check out this yam comment at the bottom of the story!

"It's quite sad that it takes someone like Neil Lennon to make a comment for the media to sit up and take notice of Hibs and their thuggish ways. Even die hard Hibs fan Pat Nevin was shocked at their antics in the first derby of the season. Nothing but cloggers. Soon to be found out after riding their luck the last couple of games.

Hopefully now referees will take note of these brutes. I haven't seen so many bad tackles Kujabi viciously assaulted Suso on 19.05.12"

Seems to forget about Black flattening Sparky.

Andy74
21-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Did anyone see the wee montage of challenges Sportsene put together?

Half of them got the ball, the others were just usual collisions. Only the McGivern one was a bit naughty but he was more caught out than anyhting else. No corresponding challenges shown by Celtic players.

Pete
21-10-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-players-attack-neil-lennon-s-claims-1-3149340

Check out this yam comment at the bottom of the story!

"It's quite sad that it takes someone like Neil Lennon to make a comment for the media to sit up and take notice of Hibs and their thuggish ways. Even die hard Hibs fan Pat Nevin was shocked at their antics in the first derby of the season. Nothing but cloggers. Soon to be found out after riding their luck the last couple of games.

Hopefully now referees will take note of these brutes. I haven't seen so many bad tackles Kujabi viciously assaulted Suso on 19.05.12"

Seems to forget about Black flattening Sparky.

Love the last sentence. Desperate.

If people don't know the difference between a tough team and a dirty team that's their problem. I suspect they do though but agendas take over and the tag suits them.

Luckily, referees know the difference.

khib70
21-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Love the last sentence. Desperate.

If people don't know the difference between a tough team and a dirty team that's their problem. I suspect they do though but agendas take over and the tag suits them.

Luckily, referees know the difference.
Oh there's a difference all right. A tough team was Hibs on Saturday. A dirty team was any one with Neil Lennon in the lineup....

22-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Absolute classic from keekback going on about how we use bully tactics which Fenlon encourages. For as long as I can remember hearts have gone out to muscle us off the park and use their physical advance. They don't have that anymore so now they are ****ting themselves that finally we might actually be starting to stand up to them!

kaimendhibs
22-10-2013, 11:38 PM

Ahem!!

Sent from my iphone

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2013, 01:17 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibernians-kevin-thomson-sends-message-2482714

KEVIN THOMSON insists Neil Lennon would have been proud of the way Hibs played against Celtic at the weekend had he been Easter Road boss.

frazeHFC
23-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Glad we are considered physical, too often do teams bully us off the park. Get in about them! Gets the crowd right up as well.

delbert
23-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Glad we are considered physical, too often do teams bully us off the park. Get in about them! Gets the crowd right up as well.

Bearing in mind that this minging little welt described our challenges as rugby-esque, I wonder how he would describe his own player Biton's tackle near the end of last nights match, I would think vicious potential leg breaker would come pretty close - oh and surprise surprise, not a peep from our wonderful media, sychophantic scrotes the lot of them !

Pedantic_Hibee
23-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I witnessed Lennon having a dig at our very own Cliff Pike on Twitter a couple of nights ago, suggesting that Cliff wasn't paid to comment on Lennon or his players.

I politely tweeted Lennon and asked if he was paid to comment in Hibs' players. And then I was a little less polite by telling him to effing button it. I may have called him a troll too. YOLO!

green day
23-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Bearing in mind that this minging little welt described our challenges as rugby-esque, I wonder how he would describe his own player Biton's tackle near the end of last nights match, I would think vicious potential leg breaker would come pretty close - oh and surprise surprise, not a peep from our wonderful media, sychophantic scrotes the lot of them !

not quite, Tom English made a comment in his piece about Bitons 'rugbyesque' tackle - clear reference to Lennon's quote.

paranoia is the Celtic way

Hexham Hibee
25-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Lennon to fine Mulgrew for Twitter nude photo. Is that a dig at Hibs for apparently not fining Vine? Or am I being paranoid?

jodjam
25-10-2013, 09:56 PM
No dig at Hibs. Maybe vine was fined but we don't wash our dirty linen in public.

Hexham Hibee
25-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Good point. Think I will stay off the hard stuff now!

Ozyhibby
25-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Wasn't aware Vine got his tadger out?

oconnors_strip
25-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Lennon to fine Mulgrew for Twitter nude photo. Is that a dig at Hibs for apparently not fining Vine? Or am I being paranoid?

The sfa might end up fining vine after Lennon went crying to them

down-the-slope
25-10-2013, 10:26 PM

No dig at Hibs. Maybe vine was fined but we don't wash our dirty linen in public.

Vine will be dealt with internally with no public comment

Hibee87
25-10-2013, 10:35 PM
whats vine done :confused:

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 10:42 PM
whats vine done :confused:

Said something nasty and upset a wee red haired boy then ran away :rolleyes: Basically, slagged Lennon off on Twitter after his 'rugby tackles at ER' claims and poor wee Neil took offence....

nonshinyfinish
25-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Just a touch.

Leishy1995
25-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Sure vine referenced Lennon doing drugs and shearer kicking him in the head

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Sure vine referenced Lennon doing drugs and shearer kicking him in the head

:agree: vine said he would get 'his mate' shearer to kick his head again or sommit like that, then vine apologised and stated he had never even talked to shearer before :rolleyes: quite silly really

Capt Mainwaring
25-10-2013, 11:22 PM
So does that mean Mulgrew's actually posted that picture on his Twitter Page? I thought he must have been hacked. Didn't think he could be that stupid!!

Pedantic_Hibee
25-10-2013, 11:43 PM
The thought of getting your wang out on twitter disgusts me.....and I'm me!!

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2013, 11:54 PM
So does that mean Mulgrew's actually posted that picture on his Twitter Page? I thought he must have been hacked. Didn't think he could be that stupid!!

it was a photo of someone that he looked like, it wasn't actually himself

Hibbyradge
26-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Anyone want to buy a picture of my cock?

Limited edition likes.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-10-2013, 12:07 AM

Limited edition likes.

You have a PM.

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Limited edition likes.

Cheese

GordonHFC
26-10-2013, 01:42 AM

Limited edition likes.

Did you use the 'enlarge' button on the copier.

God Petrie
26-10-2013, 04:54 AM
Did you use the 'enlarge' button on the copier.

Just seen Filth?

The Green Goblin
26-10-2013, 05:12 AM
"Vine" posting on "Twitter" sounds like someone is confusing their social networks. :greengrin

offshorehibby
26-10-2013, 05:31 AM
PF mentioned in his interview yesterday that Vine had been dealt with internally and the matter was closed.

jodjam
26-10-2013, 05:36 AM

He's got previous for being stupid. Leaving his baby in a car park wisnae his finest hour

Viva_Palmeiras
26-10-2013, 06:55 AM
I think the theme here is tackle ;)

Geo_1875
26-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Teckle tackle?

Gatecrasher
26-10-2013, 08:42 AM
The thought of getting your wang out on twitter disgusts me.....and I'm me!!

Limited edition likes.

You have a PM.
:faf:

Ozyhibby
30-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Ewan Murray's chat on twitter this morning re. Rowan Vine seems to be embarrassing even some Hearts fans. Not an easy thing to do.

@mrewanmurray: Ten days on and still absolutely zilch from the compliance officer on Rowan Vine's comments. Pretty pathetic.

@mrewanmurray: @marksnell6 meanwhile he is free to play, potentially knock teams out of cups etc. What is and isn't fast-tracked merely another system flaw

HibbySpurs
30-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Ewan Murray's chat on twitter this morning re. Rowan Vine seems to be embarrassing even some Hearts fans. Not an easy thing to do.

@mrewanmurray: Ten days on and still absolutely zilch from the compliance officer on Rowan Vine's comments. Pretty pathetic.

@mrewanmurray: @marksnell6 meanwhile he is free to play, potentially knock teams out of cups etc. What is and isn't fast-tracked merely another system flaw

The guys a total plum.... Single reason I refuse to listen to that "radio station" he works for..... tube of the highest order......

Albanian Hibs
30-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Ewan Murray is an erse.

3pm
30-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Who is he?!

Is he a jambo? Sad day when you are bricking it from Rowan Vine!

JeMeSouviens
30-10-2013, 09:17 AM
The guys a total plum.... Single reason I refuse to listen to that "radio station" he works for..... tube of the highest order......

This guy is the golf journo (and part time Yam apologist) at the Guardian.

TRC
30-10-2013, 09:19 AM
dont tweet but should someone not point out that when hearts have reached cup finals they evidently couldn't afford the players hence should not have been playing. plum of the highest order!

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I've replied to him mentioned about how they got where they are and that they've done it not paying bills charity etc

Waiting for reply.

TRC
30-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I've replied to him mentioned about how they got where they are and that they've done it not paying bills charity etc

Waiting for reply.

great, they don't like talking in real terms so should be an interesting answer.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:33 AM
great, they don't like talking in real terms so should be an interesting answer.

Ones bitten already asking me bout Fish?? And what it's got to do with it??

Funny really there's always one

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:42 AM
The guy is now trying to explain the meaning of
What's that got to do with the price of fish!!

The guy is a total and utter spangle

Caversham Green
30-10-2013, 09:50 AM

Someone should point out to him that the compliance officer deals with on-field incidents, not comments on Twitter. Things like a deliberate forearm smash into an opponent's head in the opening stages of a cup final that went unpunished.

Sports journalists are supposed to know these things.

Aldo
30-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Someone should point out to him that the compliance officer deals with on-field incidents, not comments on Twitter. Things like a deliberate forearm smash into an opponent's head in the opening stages of a cup final that went unpunished. Sports journalists are supposed to know these things.

CG I've got one to bite but he's a total spangle in about them making profits etc year end 2012 blah blah wait one and I'll get back to you.

Here is his response

@Jdeans17347Hot: @Aldo1875 @mrewanmurray change the record... You forget hibs in the early 90's? You forget Wallace mercer bailing you's out?

@Jdeans17347Hot: @Aldo1875 @mrewanmurray I know my clubs problems. Enjoy your victory tonight. Sure you're fourth derby victory since 09 will be amazing.

Doesn't like his club being called cheats or thieves

Treadstone
30-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Someone should point out to him that the compliance officer deals with on-field incidents, not comments on Twitter. Things like a deliberate forearm smash into an opponent's head in the opening stages of a cup final that went unpunished.

Sports journalists are supposed to know these things.

He is a proper hurting yam. Slagging the BBC coverage of the game now (none of the pre match pressers online), so i tweeted him the 'Hibernian' page from his own newspaper.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1385917_10152330553281562_637981451_n.jpg

Aldo
30-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Was quite childish in my response tbh

@Aldo1875: @Jdeans17347Hot @mrewanmurray enjoy the championship no hopefully liquidation. Mind cheats never prosper.., proving to be the case is it not

Hexham Hibee
30-10-2013, 11:18 AM
One thing that bugs me in particular about Ewan Murray is that he uses the official Guardian avatar on his Twitter account which gives the impression that somehow he is giving the paper's line on all things Yam and anti-Hibs.

PatHead
30-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Look what Dougie Donnelly said about us years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtocRc07gU