PDA

View Full Version : kevin thomson

davym7062
19-10-2013, 06:33 PM
a few very good performaces today, but kevin take a boo son :thumbsup:

Seveno
19-10-2013, 06:34 PM
A bow even. Nice to have a quality experienced player in the side today.

theonlywayisup
19-10-2013, 06:37 PM

Played really well today. It is pleasing to have players like KT, Robertson, Taiwo, Craig etc, whilst our nearest and dearest ae playing kids.

fatbloke
19-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Thomson even:greengrin

California-Hibs
19-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Glad someone started a thread about him today. For me, that was Kevin's best performance since returning to us, he was simply magnificent! Battled all game, put in some great timed challenges, drove us forward, defended when needed. As said, take a bow Kev! :not worth

Seekyit
19-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Thomson was excellent today. Makes it look easy but that's an accomplished player.

Capt Mainwaring
19-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Thought Kevin was outstanding today, and had a great battle with Brown in midfield

Fantastic winners attitude and a desire to chase and pressure all over the park. Always looks to pick a pass and never shy in the tackle.

Glad he's back with us and we're a far better team when he's playing

Take a bow and a well earned round of applause Kevin :hibees

fatbloke
19-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Glad someone started a thread about him today. For me, that was Kevin's best performance since returning to us, he was simply magnificent! Battled all game, put in some great timed challenges, drove us forward, defended when needed. As said, take a bow Kev! :not worth

Always tries his heart when up against Scott - magnificent cellicks best player blah blah bloody blah - Brown. SB totally wasted by the smellies imo.

davy malcolm
19-10-2013, 06:58 PM
He was good today best hibs player today and his fitness levels getting better week by week

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
19-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Best player on the park bar none D. :wink:

To be honest it puts a nonsense to not having a 5 in midfield in May with Kevin in the middle of a 3 rather than him exposed on the left with 2 up.

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Kevin has been a class act all of this season. Again brilliant today. A major factor in Hibs revival.

O'Rourke3
19-10-2013, 08:00 PM
He was my MOM by miles (and there were a few contenders). More please Kevin

Scooter
19-10-2013, 08:00 PM
He's a fantastic player and I always thought he was the better one between him and brown just he's has bad injuries

Aldo
19-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Said it earlier new deal is an absolute must For him.

Get it sorted Hibs.

Onion
19-10-2013, 08:05 PM
KT was outstanding today. Great commitment, controlled and on top of his game. Must say, wasn't sure about him getting an extended stay at ER, but he's getting better every week.

Scooter
19-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Get it sorted Hibs.

It will be the same situation as last year. If he can't get the club or deal he wants down south he will stay with us. But he's just not going to sign for anyone it will have to be right for him. I k ow he turned down yovil in the summer

Boyle89
19-10-2013, 08:24 PM
It will be the same situation as last year. If he can't get the club or deal he wants down south he will stay with us. But he's just not going to sign for anyone it will have to be right for him. I k ow he turned down yovil in the summer
I can see him getting a decent championship team, especially if his form stays like this. Think this is the last we will see of KT :(.

davym7062
19-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Best player on the park bar none D. :wink:

To be honest it puts a nonsense to not having a 5 in midfield in May with Kevin in the middle of a 3 rather than him exposed on the left with 2 up.

said exactly the same at the game jim

Mon Dieu4
19-10-2013, 08:39 PM
First to admit i didn't want him back for various reasons, but today i thought he was different class and put in some shift, well done son

Ricky Bobby
19-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Cracking game today, much more influence on the game than Broony

IWasThere2016
19-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Always been a fan, and was delighted to see him back at Hibs.

He was outstanding today :thumbsup:

seven nowt
20-10-2013, 12:09 AM
In my opinion he's been immense since rejoining us. Always been a fan and our player of the season so far. Brilliant.

basehibby
20-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Wondered about the wisdom of bringing back Kev last season as yet another defensive midfielder and with Claros playing so well for us at the time. A good player is a good player though and with Claros away (who's he playing with now btw?) Thomson has stamped his class on the team and made the sitting midfield role his own this season.

Great performance from him today to complement Williams MOM display and probably our most consistently effective player this season - great to have him back in the Green and White and would be delighted if he could be persuaded to sign an extension :thumbsup:

.Sean.
20-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Should come as no surpise he outshone the Scottish-media superstar that is 'Broony'. Always been a far superior player.

I've a real dislike for Brown now. Proper Celtc-minded, niggly, whinging little rat. Left his foot in again once or twice but as usual the ref turned a blind eye.

Scott Brown's a fanny. Had he had the injuries Thomson's endured he'd be playing first division. Ugly Sellick mutant.

Hainan Hibs
20-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Being a hun there was always going to be that extra will to do well. Great performance Katie:thumbsup:q

Weststandwanab
20-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Thought Kevin was outstanding today, and had a great battle with Brown in midfield

Fantastic winners attitude and a desire to chase and pressure all over the park. Always looks to pick a pass and never shy in the tackle.

Glad he's back with us and we're a far better team when he's playing

Take a bow and a well earned round of applause Kevin :hibees Getting better by the week and so are Hibs !

Always tries his heart when up against Scott - magnificent cellicks best player blah blah bloody blah - Brown. SB totally wasted by the smellies imo. They deserve each other.

Kevin has been a class act all of this season. Again brilliant today. A major factor in Hibs revival. The biggest single factor in my opinion.

Get it sorted Hibs. That would be great but I fear it will not happen.

I can see him getting a decent championship team, especially if his form stays like this. Think this is the last we will see of KT :(. Unfortunately I agree.

hfc rd
20-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Personally thought that was his best game since he returned. More of the same please KT.

Winston Ingram
20-10-2013, 09:18 AM

He is a fantastic player. So composed. Delighted he is back with us

cmcd
20-10-2013, 12:32 PM
What a stupid untrue comment

cmcd
20-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Sorry my previous comment was for post 25

erin go bragh
20-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Being a hun there was always going to be that extra will to do well. Great performance Katie:thumbsup:q

Once a Hibby , always a Hibby . Imo
Take it Latapy is a hun too !!
Get a grip .

Ggtth

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Can't understand the big love-in all of a sudden with Kevin ThomsHUN, after the way he dissed our great club when he left for Rankgers. Some people clearly have short memories. Mind you, I always say, move on and let bygones be be bygones, remembering that he was just a young lad at the time, and was probably badly advised by agents and members of the press. Great to see a good Hibby back home and doing the business for his boyhood heroes.

However, I feel the clamour by some parties to renew his contract is ill-advised, given 'Treatment Table Thomson's' injury record and the fact that he isn't getting any younger. Mind you, I agree that he's turning it on for Hibs and is probably worthy of a new deal.

However, it seems that 'Buttons' Thomson has learned nothing from his mercenary past, and is just using the club to regain fitness and as a shop window, so that he can secure a big money contract down south. And I can't him blame for that, as a footballer's life is a short one, and Kevin is faced with a very important decision at this point in his career...etc etc etc

B.H.F.C
20-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Can't understand the big love-in all of a sudden with Kevin ThomsHUN, after the way he dissed our great club when he left for Rankgers. Some people clearly have short memories. Mind you, I always say, move on and let bygones be be bygones, remembering that he was just a young lad at the time, and was probably badly advised by agents and members of the press. Great to see a good Hibby back home and doing the business for his boyhood heroes.

However, I feel the clamour by some parties to renew his contract is ill-advised, given 'Treatment Table Thomson's' injury record and the fact that he isn't getting any younger. Mind you, I agree that he's turning it on for Hibs and is probably worthy of a new deal.

However, it seems that 'Buttons' Thomson has learned nothing from his mercenary past, and is just using the club to regain fitness and as a shop window, so that he can secure a big money contract down south. And I can't him blame for that, as a footballer's life is a short one, and Kevin is faced with a very important decision at this point in his career...etc etc etc

I think he gained a lot of people's respect by playing for free lat the end of last year. I know he doesn't need the money but in modern football I don't think there are many at all who would do that.

I do agree that he's probably trying to earn himself one last move. But to be honest I don't mind that too much. Stokes did it for a year and scored over 20 goals and earned us a few quid. If we get the opportunity to get a quality player for a year,18 months or whatever it may be then I think we have to take it and enjoy watching them whilst they are there.

SolentHibee
20-10-2013, 05:29 PM

Nice argument you had with yourself there Bob.

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Stange post I have no clue what to make of it lol

J-C
20-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Stange post I have no clue what to make of it lol

I thought the same, glad you noticed too, is it tongue firmly in cheek or very serious :confused:

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I thought the same, glad you noticed too, is it tongue firmly in cheek or very serious :confused:

Lol I have absolutely no idea mate :greengrin

J-C
20-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Lol I have absolutely no idea mate :greengrin

It looks like he's arguing with his mirror image lol

SMAXXA
20-10-2013, 05:47 PM
It looks like he's arguing with his mirror image lol

Split personality? :greengrin

Ray_
20-10-2013, 06:00 PM

This type of sado obsessive behaviour is more akin to kickback’s hero’s like Alan Partridge & Craigieboy.

JimBHibees
20-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Should come as no surpise he outshone the Scottish-media superstar that is 'Broony'. Always been a far superior player.

I've a real dislike for Brown now. Proper Celtc-minded, niggly, whinging little rat. Left his foot in again once or twice but as usual the ref turned a blind eye.

Scott Brown's a fanny. Had he had the injuries Thomson's endured he'd be playing first division. Ugly Sellick mutant.

Thats bollox both excellent players.

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 09:04 PM
This type of sado obsessive behaviour is more akin to kickback’s hero’s like Alan Partridge & Craigieboy.

Agreed

FitbaFolkKen
20-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Move on and let bygones be bygones, yet drag up his past. With a series of terrible "jokes"....

Playing for free at the tail end of last year and clearly working very hard for us now, looking fitter every week. Let's leave the past where it is.

Boyle89
20-10-2013, 10:29 PM

Perhaps it wasn't a serious post? That's how I read it.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Move on and let bygones be bygones, yet drag up his past. With a series of terrible "jokes"....

Playing for free at the tail end of last year and clearly working very hard for us now, looking fitter every week. Let's leave the past where it is.

:tee hee: You have not read much of Dashing Bobs posts then?

Ray_
21-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Perhaps it wasn't a serious post? That's how I read it.

The same reply as Blackpool made in the previous post, except swap for Hainan Hibs. :wink:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 04:42 PM
KT's doing a Q & A session on Twitter tonight, @HibernianFCClub (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub), hashtag #AskThomo. Some good questions in already but a few about have his feet healed up...?:lips seal

Shrekko
21-10-2013, 05:57 PM
KT's doing a Q & A session on Twitter tonight, @HibernianFCClub (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub), hashtag #AskThomo. Some good questions in already but a few about have his feet healed up...?:lips seal

Zzzzzzzzz

FitbaFolkKen
21-10-2013, 06:40 PM
:tee hee: You have not read much of Dashing Bobs posts then?

Possibly read to many....had to bite eventually!

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I shouldn't have to say this -I really shouldn't- my post was not meant to be taken seriously.

But on the other hand, that's an easy statement for me to make etc etc

HiBremian
21-10-2013, 07:03 PM

Great post 10/10

However, there's no mention of the crucial question - his dress sense.

Rubbish. 0/10