Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 9

Not really a game Zouby should have been playing in.

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudor Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 9

Pat can't win really as most wanted him playing, unfortunately he didn't play well but goodexperience for him against them

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Williams 8 - got us a point, would have been higher but for his brain fart in the first half.

McGivern 7 - thought he was our best defender til he went off. Some really crucial blocks.
Nelson 6 - bizarrely didn't have too much to do, but did it well
Hanlon 6 - see above
Lewis 7 - thought he coped very well with who ever played right mid for them.

Thomson 7 - had a good game, and got on the ball well.
tudor-jones 5 - yet to see him do anything of note. Should have done better with his chance.
Craig - 6 we didn't have much of the ball so didnt have too Much he could do. Possibly could have scored
zoubir - 5 offered little other than giving the ball away when we were on the counter.
robertson - 6 see craig without the bit about scoring.

heff - 7 got one chance and took it. Thats all you can ask really.

subs
didnt really get enough time.

overall we defended stoutly but celtic were on top for the majority of the game. Happy with a point though.

green.and.white
19-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Zoubir and Heff 7 and everyone else 8s. Thomson maybe a 9. I think zoubir got caught trying a bit too hard at times when a simpler pass was needed. He will improve though and glad he played today.

lucky
19-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 9

Couldnt have put it better myself

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Williams 8 - got us a point, would have been higher but for his brain fart in the first half.

McGivern 7 - thought he was our best defender til he went off. Some really crucial blocks.
Nelson 6 - bizarrely didn't have too much to do, but did it well
Hanlon 6 - see above
Lewis 7 - thought he coped very well with who ever played right mid for them.

Thomson 7 - had a good game, and got on the ball well.
tudor-jones 5 - yet to see him do anything of note. Should have done better with his chance.
Craig - 6 we didn't have much of the ball so didnt have too Much he could do. Possibly could have scored
zoubir - 5 offered little other than giving the ball away when we were on the counter.
robertson - 6 see craig without the bit about scoring.

heff - 7 got one chance and took it. Thats all you can ask really.

subs
didnt really get enough time.

overall we defended stoutly but celtic were on top for the majority of the game. Happy with a point though.

I think your being a we bit harsh, especially on Hanlon, Nelson and Craig but each to their own eh :greengrin

SkintHibby
19-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 6
Craig 6
Zoubir 5
Heffernan 7

allezsauzee
19-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Pat can't win really as most wanted him playing, unfortunately he didn't play well but goodexperience for him against them

I like Pat. Just thought he got that one wrong. I think Fenlon deserves enormous credit for todays performance but I suspect he'll get little. The players do well when we win. The manager is an erse when we lose.

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I think your being a we bit harsh, especially on Hanlon, Nelson and Craig but each to their own eh :greengrin

I really Don't think they had that much to do, almost all of celtics threat came from outside the box and They didn't have to deql with it too much. Its not like liam craig set up any chances or scored etc... he was solid without imo actually offerig much. He was also skinned for the goal.

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I like Pat. Just thought he got that one wrong. I think Fenlon deserves enormous credit for todays performance but I suspect he'll get little. The players do well when we win. The manager is an erse when we lose.

I actually was surprised Pat did play him to be honest as I didn't expect it. It's one of them that if he didnt and went a bit more negative as some could say and we got beat he would have came in for stick, he deserves credit like you say but unfortunately Zouby didn't play as well as we all would have hoped.

on a side note, I bet he is a right frustrating player to play with lol, sometimes you want him to release it earlier. Young and learning though so all good

Allant1981
19-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 7
Hanlon 7
Mcgivern 8
Robertson 6
OTJ 6
Thomson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 7

fife hfc
19-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Only watched the game on the telly after arriving back early this morning from America and falling asleep (had planned to stay awake and come through about 10 am) only to wake up 15 minutes before kick off. But going by what I saw on the telly it was an excellent team performance with every player clearly carrying out the orders and tactics pat and jimmy had devised. Man of the match was Ben Williams who from the you tube highlights I saw of the Partick game is in fantastic form at the moment. but the whole team played well, even Zoubir who though not being the attacking threat we all wanted to see done a job for the team.

Williams 9
Stevenson 7
Mcgivern 8
Nelson 8
hanlon 8
Thomson 9
Craig 7
Jones 7
Zoubir 7
Robertson 7
Heffernan 7

It was a good solid team performance and a repeat against the cheats from across the city should ensure a win.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 6
Craig 6
Zoubir 5
Heffernan 7

Agree with this but would give Williams a 9. Thought he made some great saves and with another keeper we'd have lost that game.

Well done to Fenlon as well. He's been rightly criticised on here before so deserves a bit if credit for a decent performance.

erin go bragh
19-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Williams 9

Stevenson 8
Nelson 8
Hanlon 8
Mcgivern 8

Tudor Jones 7
Thomson 8
Robertson 7
Craig 7
Zoubir 7 (megged Brown with a sublime piece of skill( would have been a 5 without the above )

Heffernan 8

Ggtth

ancient hibee
19-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't understand the remarks about Zoubir.He did exactly what he should have done which was to occupy them-sometimes 2/3 at a time-provide an out for Stevenson which he did admirably and he also set up an excellent chance which Tudor Jones probably should have blasted instead of placed.

allezsauzee
19-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Don't understand the remarks about Zoubir.He did exactly what he should have done which was to occupy them-sometimes 2/3 at a time-provide an out for Stevenson which he did admirably and he also set up an excellent chance which Tudor Jones probably should have blasted instead of placed.

I disagree that Zoubir was occupying them. I think Heffernan did that. He did well when he set up Tudur Jones though.

JMac
19-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Williams: 8 Had a solid game, few good saves but one poor error
McGivern: 8 Again, very solid game, some great tackles and blocks, hope he's okay
Hanlon: 7 Good game, did fine
Nelson: 8 Similar to Hanlon today, just slightly better
Stevenson:7 Starting to get the hang of being a right back, dealt with most things that came his way
Craig: 7 See Hanlon
Robertson: 8 Calmed the game down, good composure at times
Jones: 7 Does a lot of the dirty/Unseen work, doesn't get enough credit
Thomson: 9 MOTM for me, thought he dealt with Brown well
Zoubir: 5 Looked lost at times, good experience for him though
Heffernan: 8 Great close control, brought others into the game well, really liking having him

Brightside
19-10-2013, 06:06 PM

Spot on. For once the tactics and formation that Fenlon put out today was perfect. Zouby was never going to be attacking in the way some may like. He did great and people marking him down in 5s etc are well off.
And as ever some people just dont like Hanlon...he didnt put a foot wrong today yet he's being marked lower than the rest of the defence.

Weststandwanab
19-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 9

Not really a game Zouby should have been playing in. Difficult to argue with that.

Couldnt have put it better myself Ditto

Lago
19-10-2013, 06:23 PM

Don't think he gets half the credit he deserves for where the club is now. it was never going to be a quick fix and Pat has conducted himself with dignity in the face of some pretty mean criticism.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Today every player bar Williams will get a better score than they did against Partick, and we did not win today.

And that would be correct in my opinion, as we had to battle and scrape our way to some sort of result today.

Williams 9, apart from one wander was superb and kept us in the game again.

Stevenson 7, defended very well kept it tight all day and never gave his opponent an opening.

Nelson 7 did the basics well, defended as if his life depended on it, solid most of the game.

Hanlon 8, best game in a while, even passed the ball out well when he could.

McGivern 8 and a half, back to his best, defended well and supported when he could. some great blocks too.

Zoubi 6, gave the ball away too often, but the longer the game went the better he got, nearly created an opening a couple of times near the end when the game opened up.

Robertson 7 great energy and commitment, and was right in their faces from the first minute.

OTJ 7, started slowly but grew into the game and got stuck in, he looks ungainly but did try and retain the ball without just hoofing it. That caused a few problems early doors but he never let that worry him and came on to a decent game.

Thomson 8 maybe his best game since returning, a cool head who calmed things down and kept the ball under immense pressure.

Craig 7, much like Robertson but maybe never got as forward as we'd like. Another steady game though.

Hefferman 8, the hardest job in football, running the front line on your own, knowing you wont see much of the ball. Did this very well, and contributed with a goal.

As i said at the beginning, these scores would be way down if we were playing Partick or Ross County, and rightly so.

We under Pat have the perfect way of playing Celtic, what we need now is a system that plays more offensively against the so called weaker sides, that give us better football and good results, because ultimately that is what will bring crowds back.

We watched at my mates house, and we ALL said thats the best we've played for a long time, we were all impressed. :top marks

davym7062
19-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 8
Craig 7
Zoubir 4
Heffernan 9

completely wrong imo, so we go with heff and Collins up front and 4 in the middle? we get slaughtered by them at least zouby gave us a bit width and stopped us being very narrow

Aldo
19-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Pat must take a lot if credit for today IMHO.. Team set up was excellent and everyone played their part.

Tell you what McGivern had an excellent game and tucked in behind the CH on a few occasions like a good full back should when the ball went over their heads.

Back 4 in General were excellent.

As for MOTM - Williams got it but for me Thommo closely followed by Robbo were up there as well.

Players coming back from injury is a good thing cos the guys in the starting 11 will want to keep hold of their place so maybe upping it a level.

Franck Stanton
19-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Agree, without being outstanding, he gave us an "out-ball" which time and time again relieved the pressure we were under. He has to learn however, that in these type of games he should do the simple thing as whenever he tried the fancy stuff it just didn't come off. Having said that, think he played his part in a very tough game.

Green Cabbage 7
19-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I disagree that Zoubir was occupying them. I think Heffernan did that. He did well when he set up Tudur Jones though.

I think zoubir did occupy them, they certainly made sure they got around him quick enough, agree he maybe tried tricks at the wrong time but that will come, he certainly was a breath of fresh air to me, wanted it and looked to take his man on which is what we have been missing for far to long, we didn't keep enough possession to see what he really could do but playing against the champions will have been good for him.

Elephant Stone
19-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Not really sure about ratings for today but Williams was MOTM for me. I thought Heffernan looked incredibly sharp and his work rate was something else, great signing.

Spike Mandela
19-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 6
Nelson 6
Hanlon 6
McGivern 6
Tudur Jones 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 7
Craig 6
Zoubir 5
Heffernan 8

Celtic dominated 90% of the game but a feisty, gritty and tenacious performance from Hibs. Despite Zoubir's low mark he showed enough that against lesser opposition he will have a bigger impact on the game. Defence solid with Williams inspired. Heff took his goal and got more flick ons than he reasonably deserved to.

gegs70
19-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Pat must take a lot if credit for today IMHO.. Team set up was excellent and everyone played their part.

Tell you what McGivern had an excellent game and tucked in behind the CH on a few occasions like a good full back should when the ball went over their heads.

Back 4 in General were excellent.

As for MOTM - Williams got it but for me Thommo closely followed by Robbo were up there as well.

Players coming back from injury is a good thing cos the guys in the starting 11 will want to keep hold of their place so maybe upping it a level.

I thought heffernan worked hard too....put pressre on players. Zoubir was lost on the wing first half and in 2nd fenlon moved him more up front which he was more effective but cant tackle and doesnt loke going for 50/50 balls.

CapitalHibs
19-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 6
Nelson 6
Hanlon 6
McGivern 6
Tudur Jones 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 7
Craig 6
Zoubir 5
Heffernan 8

Celtic dominated 90% of the game but a feisty, gritty and tenacious performance from Hibs. Despite Zoubir's low mark he showed enough that against lesser opposition he will have a bigger impact on the game. Defence solid with Williams inspired. Heff took his goal and got more flick ons than he reasonably deserved to.

Agree about Zoubir - maybe it was his first time playing at that level of football and hopefully he will progress from it. Can't stop thinking though if we had a fully fit Alex Harris today, we would have won the game

Scooter
19-10-2013, 08:08 PM
OTJ isn't getting enough credit. I think he just brings something to the team but I can't work out what it is. That's 2 games in a row for me he's influenced the team. When he came on at firhill and today our midfield was excellent and Thomson was fantastic today and again against Partick Thomson was much improved when Owain came on

Ricky Bobby
19-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 7
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudor Jones 7
Thomson 9
Robertson 7
Craig 7
Zoubir 6
Heffernan 8

For me Thomson was man of the match, would not have looked out of place in the celtic side.
Tudor Jones' easily his best game for us.
Williams is the best keeper we have had since Leighton

CapitalHibs
19-10-2013, 08:20 PM
OTJ isn't getting enough credit. I think he just brings something to the team but I can't work out what it is. That's 2 games in a row for me he's influenced the team. When he came on at firhill and today our midfield was excellent and Thomson was fantastic today and again against Partick Thomson was much improved when Owain came on

I agree...I like OTJ too. The guy's a Wesh international and brings a physical presence and a willingness to go forward which Tom Taiwo doesn't. Taiwo and Thomson are too similiar to play in the same midfield IMO, unless we're in the last stages of a game holding on to a narrow lead.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I am absolutely amazed at the criticism aimed at Zoubir. He did lose the ball a couple of times but all our best creative stuff came through him and if he hadn't been playing we'd have gone long ball to Collins which would have been pointless. Hopefully he'll be a regular starter from now on.

hfc rd
19-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Williams 9

Stevenson 8
Nelson 7
Hanlon 7
McGivern 9

Zoubir 6
Robertson 8
Tudor Jones 6
Thomson 9
Craig 8

Heffernan 7

joebakerforever
19-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Spot on, as usual some on here make no allowances for the occasion and the inexperience of a highly promising talent, who was all over the pitch at various times, harassing the Celts.

Seveno
19-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Plaudits to Stevenson. Taking into account he's a left-footed player being asked to play out of position, he was outstanding.

AlbertK86
19-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Williams 9

Stevenson 7
Nelson 7
Hanlon 7
McGivern 9

Zoubir 6
Otj 8
Robbo 8
Thommo 9
Craig 6

Heff 8

Solid display

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Williams: 8 Had a solid game, few good saves but one poor error
McGivern: 8 Again, very solid game, some great tackles and blocks, hope he's okay
Hanlon: 7 Good game, did fine
Nelson: 8 Similar to Hanlon today, just slightly better
Stevenson:7 Starting to get the hang of being a right back, dealt with most things that came his way
Craig: 7 See Hanlon
Robertson: 8 Calmed the game down, good composure at times
Jones: 7 Does a lot of the dirty/Unseen work, doesn't get enough credit
Thomson: 9 MOTM for me, thought he dealt with Brown well
Zoubir: 5 Looked lost at times, good experience for him though
Heffernan: 8 Great close control, brought others into the game well, really liking having him

This is pretty much my view of things.

Sanger
20-10-2013, 05:22 AM
Williams 8
Stevenson 7
Nelson 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 8
Tudur Jones 6
Thomson 7
Robertson 6
Craig 6
Zoubir 5
Heffernan 7
While Zoubir did not go pas a man an leave him for dead his link up play and interchange with Heff and the midfield was excellent. Also his a touch and movement allowed us to keep better position and develop moves.

stormchild
20-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I don't get this mcgivern love in at Easter road! Very poor. A couple of defensive headers and couple of blocks (injuring himself in the process leading to a lost goal). Hi distribution is poor, overlapping is amateurish and is often out of position defensively. This leads to hanlon often have to cover or on occasion Stevenson coming across to clear his lines. Motm not for me!

Aldo
20-10-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't get this mcgivern love in at Easter road! Very poor. A couple of defensive headers and couple of blocks (injuring himself in the process leading to a lost goal). Hi distribution is poor, overlapping is amateurish and is often out of position defensively. This leads to hanlon often have to cover or on occasion Stevenson coming across to clear his lines. Motm not for me!

If you think McGivern was very poor you don't watch much football do you. (Either that or your fishing)

Don't know what game you were watching but McGivern was excellent... Best game he's played for a long time.

Did what he should of done and on at least 3 occasions in 2nd half tucked in behind his CH's and cleared.

And when did Stevenson have to come over from RB to cover he was to busy carrying Samaras about in his back pocket.

Teapot
20-10-2013, 08:23 AM
For me Hanlon pushed KT for MOM. I thought his positioning was excellent and made a number of important interceptions and tackles without going to ground. His game seems to improve massively when he has a solid partner beside him like Nelson.