PDA

View Full Version : Really enjoyed the Match today

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Thats what going to ER should be about...a really decent match played with a bit of grit and skill, and a ref that won't get bullied either.

We looked pretty solid most of the match (goal coming when we were down to 10 men)....

The triangle of OTJ holding (nervous first 10 then showed that he can be important)and Tommo / Robbo just in front was really good restricting brown and kayal much more that normally seen.

Lewis never gave Samaras a sniff and McGivern was good going forward and more solid defensively than recent. The CH's headed / blocked and kicked every thing thrown at them

Heff won a huge amount in the air given his size and brought others into play. Zoubir had flashes and showed good link up when he came inside (although felt this took Robbo out wider meaning we lost possession in there from the change part way through second half)

Craig did the job asked well even although the lack of a free more central role suits him better..

The signs are there that the squad is strong and we can get the ball down and play a bit ... defensively we are not too shabby either...

lets hope injuries don't keep causing chnges we would not otherwise make

mutley
19-10-2013, 04:06 PM
And finally we seem to be defending corners/ set pieces a lot better now

rcarter1
19-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Was a great game to be at, lots of atmosphere, some very funky drumming at times, and a dogged and at times skillful display by Hibs. Some of the last ditch stuff was heroic! Not sure we are top four material, but we are looking decent enough, and with that spirit can compete with any SPL side. Very refreshing mood from the stands as well, hope the players get a bit of confidence from the result and atmosphere.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Thats what going to ER should be about...a really decent match played with a bit of grit and skill, and a ref that won't get bullied either.

We looked pretty solid most of the match (goal coming when we were down to 10 men)....

The triangle of OTJ holding (nervous first 10 then showed that he can be important)and Tommo / Robbo just in front was really good restricting brown and kayal much more that normally seen.

Lewis never gave Samaras a sniff and McGivern was good going forward and more solid defensively than recent. The CH's headed / blocked and kicked every thing thrown at them

Heff won a huge amount in the air given his size and brought others into play. Zoubir had flashes and showed good link up when he came inside (although felt this took Robbo out wider meaning we lost possession in there from the change part way through second half)

Craig did the job asked well even although the lack of a free more central role suits him better..

The signs are there that the squad is strong and we can get the ball down and play a bit ... defensively we are not too shabby either...

Agree with most of that:

Though there was a period either side of half time where I began to wonder if the ref had decided that any Hibs challenge was going to be penalised.

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Was a great game to be at, lots of atmosphere, some very funky drumming at times, and a dogged and at times skillful display by Hibs. Some of the last ditch stuff was heroic! Not sure we are top four material, but we are looking decent enough, and with that spirit can compete with any SPL side. Very refreshing mood from the stands as well, hope the players get a bit of confidence from the result and atmosphere.

:agree: even before match as well - I was surprised given we were not at our best at Jags. But the team gave us effort and commitment / the management gave us a plan and shape / we the support gave...well support :greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Very enjoyable match.

Unfortunate that we couldn't hold on for the victory but if I'm being honest then a point was probably a much fairer reflection on how the match actually went.

I thought we had a lot of very good performances today throughout the team and Williams in particular was different class.

It's absolutely vital that we keep him beyond the summer.

erin go bragh
19-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Thought the ref and the East linesman had a shocker. Agree with everything else .

Ggtth

Fergus52
19-10-2013, 06:21 PM
I thought the ref did get bullied.

Did you not see when he gave us a throw in, then Mulgrew spat the dummy out and the ref changed his mind and gave it to them?

theonlywayisup
19-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Did you not see when he gave us a throw in, then Mulgrew spat the dummy out and the ref changed his mind and gave it to them?

Yes.....but it was a throw to them.

Like a few have said, I thought the ref did well today.

theonlywayisup
19-10-2013, 06:26 PM

:top marksGood post.

I enjoyed the game today.

Seveno
19-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Certainly within the Premiership, Celtic are a really good team with some quality players. They are strong and fast with Stoke being a real handful. It took a good team to get a draw against them today. We fought and worked hard with some quality play thrown in at times.

Well done to both players and manager.

Franck Stanton
19-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Yep, really gutsy, hard-working display from each and every player in the green. Now we have shown the guts, fight, desire, we have to do that in every game we play, not just games against the great unwashed. Show the same fight/desire against the tramps f' gorgay and we will win easily.

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 06:35 PM

Did you not see when he gave us a throw in, then Mulgrew spat the dummy out and the ref changed his mind and gave it to them?because the lino gave it that way...other refs would also have been reaching for yellow cards at a few of the meaty (but fair) challenges..............3 matches at home on the bounce....first test passed...our season (and Pats future) are going to be a lot clearer after these....

Emerald
19-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I really enjoyed it too and I've not said that for a while, full marks to all involved today. We must push on though as this is a very similar point we are at now to where we were when we beat Celtic last year. We need to show that type of dig, determination and performance in the games going forward. If we play like that against the other teams in the SPL we will progress. Lets push on this time and no going back to hoofball, we have it in us and have more to come from the sidelines. Well done all at Hibs today. :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I really enjoyed it too and I've not said that for a while, full marks to all involved today. We must push on though as this is a very similar point we are at now to where we were when we beat Celtic last year. We need to show that type of dig, determination and performance in the games going forward. If we play like that against the other teams in the SPL we will progress. Lets push on this time and no going back to hoofball, we have it in us and have more to come from the sidelines. Well done all at Hibs today. :thumbsup::agree: good point sir....3 homes games on the bounce at home...first test passed...these 3 games will go a long way towards determining how our season and Pats future will go...did I say I enjoyed it today :greengrin

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Cracking post. Think we should appreciate Hibs for being solid for probably the first time in 25 years. Great atmosphere plus just seen mcgivern and vine in pub. Cracking lads. Had a lot of time for the jakes (including myself) requesting photos. Dues to them.

joebakerforever
19-10-2013, 08:53 PM
At last a team with a decent number of big un's in it.

We matched Celtic in the physical side and having height, nullified any aerial threat also.

No failures at all, despite the usual numpties behind the home bench howling for Zoubir, who had a decent starting debut against the League leaders and set up a great chance for OTJ, to be subbed early in the second half

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Cracking post. Think we should appreciate Hibs for being solid for probably the first time in 25 years. Great atmosphere plus just seen mcgivern and vine in pub. Cracking lads. Had a lot of time for the jakes (including myself) requesting photos. Dues to them.

saw them recently in ASDA shopping...they seem to be good mates...I have to say they looked like part of a Village People tribute act :tee hee:

any news from Ryan on his injury?

Mon Dieu4
19-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I will give Hibs and Felon plaudits today but feel that being on the back foot suited us today we pretty much knew Celtc would have all the possession and dealt with it well

but... They were no great shakes especially at back if we had attacked more we possibly could have won, one performance that came off in the way we have geared up all season hasn't changed my mind on Felon, it worked well today but i will only accept that when we play them

id still love to see a bit more going forward

ps thought the ref didn't have a clue

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 10:23 PM
What's wrong with you

That is a thread of its own...a very long thread :agree:

Enjoy the sunny day.....rather than being concerned that it might rain tomorrow :greengrin

Carheenlea
20-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Chatting with mates post match we were all in agreement that it was a very enjoyable game to watch. Might not have been as enjoyable for television viewers who didn't have what was a raucous atmosphere within the stadium as a backdrop.
Simply, fans just love seeing their team get wired in, particularly against clubs like Celtic.

Weststandwanab
20-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Agree with most of that:

Though there was a period either side of half time where I began to wonder if the ref had decided that any Hibs challenge was going to be penalised. Me too.

Thought the ref and the East linesman had a shocker. Agree with everything else .

Ggtth I agree.

Certainly within the Premiership, Celtic are a really good team with some quality players. They are strong and fast with Stoke being a real handful. It took a good team to get a draw against them today. We fought and worked hard with some quality play thrown in at times.

Well done to both players and manager. I would like to pass on my thanks to the Players and Manager, I really enjoyed yesterday at Easter Road, more of the same please starting next week.

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 09:49 AM

lets hope injuries don't keep causing chnges we would not otherwise makeMost of that I can agree with but that bit? He gave them everything. Then again maybe he wisane bullied, just ****, h****s ****

down-the-slope
20-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Most of that I can agree with but that bit? He gave them everything. Then again maybe he wisane bullied, just ****, h****s ****

Watch again without the Green shades on and see how many decisions he got wrong and the number we got ....

Anyway ya miserable sod...Did YOU enjoy it :greengrin