PDA

View Full Version : zouby megging scott brown

FastEddieFelson
19-10-2013, 01:42 PM
any chance someone can please upload a gif?

California-Hibs
19-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Was a class bit of skill, would like to see this again myself!

Green Cabbage 7
19-10-2013, 07:13 PM

Maybe be they will put on the official website

hibby rae
19-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Surely it'll be on Soccer AM next week.

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 09:12 PM
any chance someone can please upload a gif?

while a bit of showboating, Brown took ball off him when it really mattered when Zouby should have kept ball and either headed to corner of got ball away to Heff who was 1 on 1

HibbyAndy
19-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Zoubir contributed very little today..Did he beat a man once ?

LioNeilMessi
19-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Does the thread title not answer that question? :wink:

HibbyAndy
19-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Does the thread title not answer that question? :wink:

Megged him and gave the ball away in the same move.

I was uninspired by Zoubir today...Heard all the chat about how good he was but IMO never got on the ball and certainly never hit the byline and beat a man...To many fancy tricks that never came off

QMU-1875
19-10-2013, 09:31 PM
1 bad game doesn't make a bad player, he's an impact man very similar to sproule was in his 1st spell. Think Collins is a better option but bringing zouby on when were chasing a game is a great option to have i.e partick game!

HoboHarry
19-10-2013, 09:35 PM

I was uninspired by Zoubir today...Heard all the chat about how good he was but IMO never got on the ball and certainly never hit the byline and beat a man...To many fancy tricks that never came off
I imagine that photo of Lily Allen is a photoshop piece of genius? Awesome anyway and deserves to be my computer desktop image.... God I would like to get a close look of Lily Allen's Hibs badge...:greengrin

Hiber-nation
19-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Yet again I'm amazed at all the slating of Zoubir. All our good stuff came through him. If he doesn't play then we have very little creativity.

HibbyAndy
19-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I imagine that photo of Lily Allen is a photoshop piece of genius? Awesome anyway and deserves to be my computer desktop image.... God I would like to get a close look of Lily Allen's Hibs badge...:greengrin

That was live fae the Usher hall :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
19-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Agree with you, he can bring something to the party but from what i have seen it would be only against a lesser team, he was lost for the most part today and i was hoping that he would have been hooked at half time for us to try and consolidate what we had.

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 09:46 PM
It was hardly a game where we were going to have many attacks or shots on goal, so to criticize him on his first start IMO is poor. I noticed/ kept my eye on the game that he did set up a chance for jones and slipped a nice wee ball in for Heff. I also think he linked up pretty well.

How many games is it down to now before we start criticizing 1...2 ????

Ryan69
19-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I dont think the conditions really helped him today.
I reckon a dry descent pitch...youll see the skills. Problem is...winter is upon us.

Ryan69
19-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Pitch was immaculate though..just very wet.
Credit to the groundstaff.

HoboHarry
19-10-2013, 11:04 PM
That was live fae the Usher hall :greengrin
I'm getting to the age where I would rather play golf but I would make an exception for Lily Allen. She would command my complete attention.....:greengrin

07hibee
19-10-2013, 11:05 PM
To be fair to the thug ,he did do a wee bit football with his heel

dunfyhibby
19-10-2013, 11:14 PM
I dont think the conditions really helped him today.
I reckon a dry descent pitch...youll see the skills. Problem is...winter is upon us.
C'mon! We all hope he's our saviour, but on today's showing he certainly isn't! The conditions were perfect for him today, but he failed to deliver!! It happens, he'll come good I'm sure, but from what I saw today, I don't think he's a starter! An impact player with 20 to go, but not a starter!

07hibee
19-10-2013, 11:23 PM

Are you serious ?if he wasn't on the park Hibs wouldn't have scored

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I thought both him and Liam Craig had a leash on them in the first half, and maybe the young laddie was a bit overawed initially. He seemed to come on to a game later in the 2nd half though.

07hibee
19-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Yet again I'm amazed at all the slating of Zoubir. All our good stuff came through him. If he doesn't play then we have very little creativity.

Absolutely ,can't believe he's getting slated ,he's brilliant on the ball that's why Celtic tried to bypass him ?shurlie?

HoboHarry
19-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Wee Lewis will be thinking that life may get easier for him reading this thread......:wink:

Vini1875
20-10-2013, 12:45 AM
I think Zoubir is a decent player, but a long way short of the star status he has acquired. To me it shows how starved of talent we are. Today was a roll yer selves up day and that is clearly not his game. He will have better days in a Hibs shirt no doubt about that, but I wouldn't go offering him a five contract just yet.

cocopops1875
20-10-2013, 01:00 AM

Did he give the ball away ?

Cabbage East
20-10-2013, 01:23 AM
To be fair to the thug ,he did do a wee bit football with his heel

'thug' :faf:

Green Cabbage 7
20-10-2013, 08:01 AM

I thought the the same as you mate, yes he lost the ball at times but who else did we have that attracted so many players to him, they felt he was dangerous enough, yes the tricks did not come off but if we did not play him and Collins instead, it would have been the same as the thistle game with no out ball.

HibbyAndy
20-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Yes he did ?

H18sry
20-10-2013, 08:58 AM
I think we have Zooby to thank for Charlie Mulgrew having a quiet game, while not being a standout today the position he played made Mulgrew aware and stopped his rampaging runs forward.

Aldo
20-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Very hard game to come into tbh.

Not sure if he is a winger or more of an attacking midfielder. He did ok gave the ball away a few times but there were a few moments in the 2nd half where he was involved in some very good moves.

Think his role yesterday was to play in the whole behind Heff and link up with him.

Nowt brilliant but played his part for me.

Allant1981
20-10-2013, 10:03 AM

He lost the ball probably more than anyone yesterday

gaz1875
20-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I think we have Zooby to thank for Charlie Mulgrew having a quiet game, while not being a standout today the position he played made Mulgrew aware and stopped his rampaging runs forward.

Spot on, his running off the ball was as good as anyone in defending situations. Second half some nice link up play that just failed to get us shooting opportunities. Also thought he helped balance the team, something that has been our big weakness. :hibees

hibbymick
20-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Very hard game to come into tbh.

Not sure if he is a winger or more of an attacking midfielder. He did ok gave the ball away a few times but there were a few moments in the 2nd half where he was involved in some very good moves.

Think his role yesterday was to play in the whole behind Heff and link up with him.

Nowt brilliant but played his part for me.

Correct! ive just watched the game again and some of his critics should probably do the same, possibly a different outcome when they look at it sober. Thought the wee man made a few misplaced passes and got caught on the ball but jones, robertson, thomson and a few others done the same. He also set up a couple of chances. Ive also noticed some of his critics are fenlon backers , so if its good for the goose its surely good for the gander. It was his first full league game at ER against the league champions, have a word wi yerselves.

rcarter1
20-10-2013, 11:19 AM
No need to slate the boy, but he has a lot to learn about when to try a trick and when not to (as does Harris). But thats totally understandable for both players at their level. You could see Forrest, whom has had his detractors amongst the Celtic support, choosing his time to attack, leading to a great goal. Im sure he has had a load of games to learn that keeping it simple most of the time was the way to go, and going for the jugular when the opportunity presents itself. Looking forward to both Zoubir and Harris being available and see how they develop.

mim
20-10-2013, 11:26 AM
It was noticeable that Zoubi was being heavily marked. This created space for others

marleyhib
20-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Touch of class from Zoubir, great to see. Celtic knew he was dangerous so put 2 on him whenever he had the ball. Thought he had a decent game, tough for him when Celtic's back 4 are all big, physical players and their full backs are fast.

We're a better team with him than without, he's the sort of player I'll happily pay to watch and that's what Hibs need.

Gustavo Fring
20-10-2013, 01:57 PM
im surprised fenlon started him but he did ok considering , always looking to get on the ball and maybe some things didnt come off for him but he will learn from that type of game

mutley
20-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm glad he got a start but as someone has already mentioned , maybe he shouldn't try too much if the fancy stuff as that didn't come off for him, but I'm sure it gave him good experience to build on

The_Exile
20-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Assuming wind-up, but I'll explain simply just in-case. When an attacking player of a team comes up against the most talented defence in the league, what you've just specified does tend to happen in 100% of cases. Jesus H ****ing Christ almighty. :rolleyes:

Hero76
20-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Zouby played out on the wing and nothing really came of for the laddie. I was looking for him to be replaced about thr 65min mark. However he moved into the centre and Robertson went out wide and he came onto a game creating alot of good opportunities.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Zouby played out on the wing and nothing really came of for the laddie. I was looking for him to be replaced about thr 65min mark. However he moved into the centre and Robertson went out wide and he came onto a game creating alot of good opportunities.

Exactly the way I saw it.

There was a time when we were on the break and Brown caught him quite easily. He tried a wee trick and lost the ball. Given the way the game was going I thought that was the time to sub him. Then he went inside and came in to it though. I think he actually looks better when he gets the ball in tight situations and that's probably down to his futsal background.

Don't think he's going to sprint away from people too often but get him the ball in the final third and he will make things happen. Harris gives you the option of real pace and directness once fit. The two of them either side of Heff could be interesting.

cocopops1875
21-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Did not dispute that, i questioned after megging brown and spinning away from 2 other Cellic players i needed a moment to compose myself as it's the 1st bit of skill I've seen at ER in ages, I honestly didn't think he then lost the ball but my point is players lost the ball all over the park all game and I doubt it was a result of having done a trick. Good player in my opinion still getting to grips with it here and not sure I would have started him myself but that's not my call

Brightside
21-10-2013, 07:40 AM
The one thing we dont want to do is coach his skills out of him. There is no wrong time for him to use his skills. Some times it will come off and some times it wont. Good game yesterday and as others have said his movement kept Celtic very busy. If you ever get the chance watch the whole game again. But dont track the ball. Watch individual players. Then you'll see the work they do that you dont realise when you spend the day just tracking the ball.

southsider
21-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Me too mate. You are spot on and so was Pat. Credit where credits due.

hibsbollah
21-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Its a scandal no-one has posted a vid of this yet :grr:

matty_f
21-10-2013, 08:26 AM
The one thing we dont want to do is coach his skills out of him. There is no wrong time for him to use his skills. Some times it will come off and some times it wont. Good game yesterday and as others have said his movement kept Celtic very busy. If you ever get the chance watch the whole game again. But dont track the ball. Watch individual players. Then you'll see the work they do that you dont realise when you spend the day just tracking the ball.

Great post. Let the boy try things and don't slate him when they don't come off.

Aldo
21-10-2013, 08:39 AM
As I mentioned in an earlier post it was a very hard game for the lad to start in. Yip he gave the ball away a few times but who didn't.

He played his part and showed flashes of what he is capable of.

There were a few spells in the 2nd half when we played some excellent passes around the edge of their box but it all started with Zoubir. Think it ended with the OTJ shot.

He'll get more chances and time to show against lesser opposition as he did v PT when he set up goal.

Still early but a good addition to the squad for me as he brings something different.

Allant1981
21-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Assuming wind-up, but I'll explain simply just in-case. When an attacking player of a team comes up against the most talented defence in the league, what you've just specified does tend to happen in 100% of cases. Jesus H ****ing Christ almighty. :rolleyes:

No need to explain, i do play the game myself so know what happens during a game

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure some folk on here would rather we had a team of bloody robots playing for us. These types of players will ALWAYS lose the ball more often than players with less ability, because they will try things those players could only dream of doing.

Zoubi will create, he will go past players and score, but he will also lose the ball. Yet here we have the classic example of frightened folk wanting a steady eddie in the side because he will pass the ball sideways or backwards and not lose the bloody thing as much?

Deary me, is this what its come to now, are we that frightened to lose a game we'd rather play a Tom Taiwo type player than a maverick like Zoubi?

No offence to Tom.

truehibernian
21-10-2013, 09:52 AM
I was hoping that the Beeb would have showed the build up and chance for Heffernan, created by Zoubir, after some great interchange passing at the touchline between McGivern, Zoubir and I think Thommo.....was midway second half before they equalised - terrific football and great little threaded ball by Zoubir which carried just too much weight.

That would have killed tha game there and then. He got some joy when he switched second half (to the left) - in fact, it also saw Lewis be more aggressive going forward on the other flank.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure some folk on here would rather we had a team of bloody robots playing for us. These types of players will ALWAYS lose the ball more often than players with less ability, because they will try things those players could only dream of doing.

Zoubi will create, he will go past players and score, but he will also lose the ball. Yet here we have the classic example of frightened folk wanting a steady eddie in the side because he will pass the ball sideways or backwards and not lose the bloody thing as much?

Deary me, is this what its come to now, are we that frightened to lose a game we'd rather play a Tom Taiwo type player than a maverick like Zoubi?

No offence to Tom.

Agree with that. It's just about finding the right position for someone like him. He said in an interview at the end of last week that defending isn't his strong point so there's no point in playing him in a position that he's going to have to do too much of that. Get him the ball in the final third and let him do his step overs and tricks. If he's doing it high up the pitch it shouldn't really be much of an issue if he loses it.

From what I've seen I definitely think he looks better central where he can drift and find space. When he went inside after about an hour on Saturday he looked much more of a threat.

SMAXXA
21-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Is there a video or pic of this anywhere?

mim
21-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Absolutely. Let's have some entertainment ffs.

Brightside
21-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Agree with that. It's just about finding the right position for someone like him. He said in an interview at the end of last week that defending isn't his strong point so there's no point in playing him in a position that he's going to have to do too much of that. Get him the ball in the final third and let him do his step overs and tricks. If he's doing it high up the pitch it shouldn't really be much of an issue if he loses it.

From what I've seen I definitely think he looks better central where he can drift and find space. When he went inside after about an hour on Saturday he looked much more of a threat.

His ideal role is a free role.. but he wont get this very often. He did his job very well yesterday as did others like OTJ who was also slated by some. and Hanlon gets more like Baresi every week. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2013, 10:32 AM
His ideal role is a free role.. but he wont get this very often. He did his job very well yesterday as did others like OTJ who was also slated by some. and Hanlon gets more like Baresi every week. :aok:

:greengrin And you get a week closer to losing a £100.

Andy74
21-10-2013, 10:34 AM

No offence to Tom.

I think a balance is fair. We want to win games at this stage and we should be playing players who will win us games. If that is with attacking flair then all the better.

With Zouby though, that's not really guaranteed just now and I think we are managing his time well.

There was uproar when he wasn't started first game he arrived yet we had one of our best attacking displays of the season.

It's not about being frightened to lose, seems to be some new myth on here that sounds good, it's about the best chances of winning the games.

mim
21-10-2013, 10:41 AM
It's not about being frightened to lose, seems to be some new myth on here that sounds good, it's about the best chances of winning the games.
Tell PF, not us. It's no myth.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I think a balance is fair. We want to win games at this stage and we should be playing players who will win us games. If that is with attacking flair then all the better.

Balance has to be right, and there is a much better balance to a team if they try and go for the opposition,rather than sit back and invite them onto us. Unless thats how you like your football Andy, but its not for me?

With Zouby though, that's not really guaranteed just now and I think we are managing his time well.

What in football is guaranteed? I will tell you what is 100% guaranteed, crowds fading away because they are fed up watching negative football. Now you will say you have seen some terrific performances, the folk who have drifted away would disagree.

There was uproar when he wasn't started first game he arrived yet we had one of our best attacking displays of the season.

Knee jerking at its best, one good display in how many Andy, against St Mirren?

Oh yes it is, its been like this for a long time and its getting worse. There's more than one way to win a game, and i agree 100% about how we went about Saturdays game, but if you or anyone else tells me playing the same way against Partick is how we should be playing the game just because we got a result then i will never agree.

flash
21-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh yes it is, its been like this for a long time and its getting worse. There's more than one way to win a game, and i agree 100% about how we went about Saturdays game, but if you or anyone else tells me playing the same way against Partick is how we should be playing the game just because we got a result then i will never agree.

The performance at Firhill was poor but, when you look at our line up for that game, it was an attacking one on paper.

Andy74
21-10-2013, 11:50 AM

I know you haven't been at many this year but we've had more than one good display. I don't think anyone is advocating the Partick game as good in any way, only that we shouldn't have gone OTT as we had won the points.

The Partick game keeps getting discussed but the St Johnstone, St Mirren, Stranraer games we were very good attacking. Second half v Killie was good, latter part of the Dundee Utd game.

We haven't won so many games over the years that we can afford to worry too much about being at the top of our attacking game evert week.

The basis has to be giving yourself a chance to win games.

The amount of focus this year on style is funny really when I think of what I've been watching for over 30 years.

SMAXXA
21-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I can't recall a game that we have won that's had so many people fizzing than the Partick game. For me it's one you chalk down and move on without saying to much about, no need for the constant postmortem some seem hell bent on going on about.

Heisenberg
21-10-2013, 11:59 AM
http://youtu.be/j_6wCqmu9lI

SMAXXA
21-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Love it

Northern Hibby
21-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Love it

Class :thumbsup:

kdhibees1
21-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Superb :greengrin

hibbymac
21-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Didn't look like he "gave the ball away" in the you tube clip that boozy was having a "chuckle" at. :greengrin

matty_f
21-10-2013, 12:26 PM

That's brilliant!! :faf:

hibsmad
21-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Didn't look like he "gave the ball away" in the you tube clip that boozy was having a "chuckle" at. :greengrin

Just what I was thinking.

I was expecting to see him cheekily meg Brown before making a total Noel Hunt of it.

Seems he continued to rip the pish out of another player before laying it of to a teammate. In the process he gave the whole crowd a lift while causing Boozy to wet himself.

We have had nobody capable of this type of play for years and I for one have missed it.

Aldo
21-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Quality

Ooooo nutmeg Scott brown ooooo nutmeg brown

Lalalalalala

Just brilliant.

Alan62
21-10-2013, 12:49 PM
It's a game of opinions, indeed. First time I've seen the lad play and I thought he looked really good - particularly when we switched tactics and moved him in behind Heffernan. They caused Celtic's defence all manner of problems at that point. Sure he made a mistake when the break was on but I'd rather see him trying things than getting all cautious. I thought he made some good decisions, some excellent passes and invited a free kick or two when nothing else was on. Worked well for the team and I think he'll make a good impression across the season. For me, the key think is that he is calm in possession. We need more of that. Kevin Thomson gives us that kind of time on the ball but the whole team needs to get better in possession.

FastEddieFelson
21-10-2013, 12:50 PM

cheers!

really? did you just make that up to suit your negative viewpoint?

Leishy1995
21-10-2013, 12:53 PM
That commentary from boozy oh LALALALALA

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2013, 02:57 PM

I completely agree, another signing that is being portrayed as far better than he actually is going by his performances so far. Will need to show vast improvement before I am convinced of his worth.
I enjoyed him megging Brown though.

cocopops1875
21-10-2013, 03:20 PM

Yes he did ?

Did not dispute that, i questioned after megging brown and spinning away from 2 other Cellic players i needed a moment to compose myself as it's the 1st bit of skill I've seen at ER in ages, I honestly didn't think he then lost the ball but my point is players lost the ball all over the park all game and I doubt it was a result of having done a trick. Good player in my opinion still getting to grips with it here and not sure I would have started him myself but that's not my call

Love it

Its Cool HibbyAndy i forgive you :wink:

Andy74
21-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I completely agree, another signing that is being portrayed as far better than he actually is going by his performances so far. Will need to show vast improvement before I am convinced of his worth.
I enjoyed him megging Brown though.

He has been outstanding in all the previous ten minute spells he has had.

I don't think he was great v Stranraer but still scored and had a few decent runs.

I thought he pretty anonymous on Saturday apart from a little five minute spell.

He is a far better player when we get him free around the outside of the box. We didn't have many opportunities to do that at the weekend.

It is great though - we want flair and entertaiment and then scream at them when they try something and lose the ball. I thought the winning wasn't an important part of the entertainment? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2013, 03:51 PM
He has been outstanding in all the previous ten minute spells he has had.

I don't think he was great v Stranraer but still scored and had a few decent runs.

I thought he pretty anonymous on Saturday apart from a little five minute spell.

He is a far better player when we get him free around the outside of the box. We didn't have many opportunities to do that at the weekend.

It is great though - we want flair and entertaiment and then scream at them when they try something and lose the ball. I thought the winning wasn't an important part of the entertainment? :greengrin

I disagree about him ever being outstanding, opinions eh.

FastEddieFelson
21-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I disagree about him ever being outstanding, opinions eh.

were you at the st mirren game?

Andy74
21-10-2013, 04:41 PM
were you at the st mirren game?

Or the St Johnstone?

Jonnyboy
21-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I think it's important that Zoubir doesn't become the subject of unwarranted negative comments on here. Some fans are going over the top a bit about his performances and some are saying they fail to understand the fuss being made over him.

Let's not take it out on the kid.

IMO he's done well in all of his appearances and has added something to the side that wasn't previously there.

PLUS as you heard from Boozy Mark One, he lifts the crowd :thumbsup:

jane_says
21-10-2013, 09:00 PM

That's absolutely brilliant, Boozy makes it even better, what a guy

eastterrace
21-10-2013, 09:06 PM
That's absolutely brilliant, Boozy makes it even better, what a guy

i mind boozy nut megging a motherwell player in our own penalty area in the 6-1 demolition through ther

Kato
21-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I think it's important that Zoubir doesn't become the subject of unwarranted negative comments on here. Some fans are going over the top a bit about his performances and some are saying they fail to understand the fuss being made over him.

Let's not take it out on the kid.

IMO he's done well in all of his appearances and has added something to the side that wasn't previously there.

PLUS as you heard from Boozy Mark One, he lifts the crowd :thumbsup:

Sh*t. I was going to run a book on him megging McTattie.

Jonnyboy
21-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Sh*t. I was going to run a book on him megging McTattie.

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Or the St Johnstone?

Yes at both games, he's done alright but no way would I describe any of his performances so far as outstanding, that's my opinion of what I have witnessed so far. I hope he goes on to perform even better and one day become an outstanding player for Hibs.