PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 1 v Celtic 1 (FT) and Saturday's Games

Pages : 1 [2] 3

trev the hat
19-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Cracking shift put in by the team today & a hard earned point. Consistent performances like that at home & teams won't enjoy coming to ER.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 01:28 PM
mon the draw with the sheep v arabs now

Berwickhibby
19-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Happy with a point today, a good performance from all the players today, Williams and Thomson stood out and showed their class.:flag:

bob12345
19-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Good performance. Thought Williams was MOTM, closely followed by Thomson and McGivern. Zoubir has shown he has plenty of talent, but needs drummed into him the importance of keeping the ball in games like this. Twice we had excellent counter attacking opportunities and he tried a fancy flick unsuccessfully, which took 4 or 5 of our players out of the game.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 01:30 PM
22 points ahead of the gorgi cheats....i want more

Boyle89
19-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Right lesson learned. Play like that every week hibs! Lovely passes linking up well and solid defending.

AgentDaleCooper
We've got the same number of points as we had this time last year:greengrin:greengrin

true...although we've also got more players to come back from injury than we did this time last year.

kdhibees1
Very well played by Hibs today. Refreshing to see some decent link up play! Happy with a point in the end!

hibIBZ
19-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Worked hard and fully deserved a point. I thought Robertson and Thomson were excellent in midfield. Defence look solid and Williams was excellent. Celtic only scored when we were down to 10 because of injury.

brian6-2
Fantastico!!!

great performance from the lads. very pleasing. :thumbsup:

J-C
Great work ethic and showed in patches they can play some decent football given the chance but please please get rid of OTJ, waste of a jersey and as slow as dead snail, unfortunately Williams was our best player, would prefer to see an outfield player getting the plaudits, means we're under too much pressure at times.

p.s. thought McGivern was excellent and looks better at CH, did a lot of covering, positionally better.

Wotherspiniesta
19-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry, but it's going to take a little bit more than a 1-1 at home to Celtic to get me greetin' on a balcony in Bulgaria.

Scottie
19-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Very good performance, well done Hibs and well done PF.

Fantastic point for us. Great fighting performance

Beer's going to taste better tonight. Magic. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 01:36 PM
just noticed st.johnstone will go ahead of us if they win as well....mon the paisley buddies

Hibee87
19-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a few trickling tears running down my face, im not afraid to admit. so proud of the guys. Thank heavens we never got beat though or Leith would have been a washout

Jim44
With an emphasis on 'our prospects and not the Jambo demise', I wouldn't mind seeing them take a point at least from Motherwell today. Either way, it's a win wi situation for us.

Leishy1995
I'm so incredibly proud of that performance. When's the DVD

Brightside
Great work ethic and showed in patches they can play some decent football given the chance but please please get rid of OTJ, waste of a jersey and as slow as dead snail, unfortunately Williams was our best player, would prefer to see an outfield player getting the plaudits, means we're under too much pressure at times.

p.s. thought McGivern was excellent and looks better at CH, did a lot of covering, positionally better.

Rubbish. OTJ did his job very well. And when did McGivern play at CH during the game. The whole defence were very good today. A central midfield very strong. Williams gets MoTM for the saves but for me Thomson was the best player on the park

SteveHFC
19-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Can't really complain there

RSS Bot
19-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Battle of the greens finishes level

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131019/hibernian-1-celtic-1_2262950_3502005)

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 01:40 PM
With an emphasis on 'our prospects and not the Jambo demise', I wouldn't mind seeing them take a point at least from Motherwell today. Either way, it's a win wi situation for us.

I'm looking at the bigger picture.

C'mon the Steelmen.

matty_f
19-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure if this makes us stronger or how proud I should be just now.

Just have to be happy with the point. Wish they'd take these barriers down now, though.

Hibee87
19-10-2013, 01:43 PM
played excellent today all over the pitch and done the job exactly how fenlon set out. its a shame mcgivern was off the pitch when they scoed as who knows what would have happened!

the subs issue is a difficult one, when the team is playing as well as they were as a unit who would you change? I agree zoubier should have been subbed but only handling would be able to replace him and maybe the conditions wouoldnt suit his injury?

any way well done team would have taken that before the game Williams save at the end was outstanding. as was every other save

#FromTheCapital
Absolutely no complaints from me. Great performance similar to our 1-0 win at ER last Christmas bar a good equaliser from Celtic. Lucky with the goal but not giving a flying **** about that.

cabbageandribs1875
PF says McGivern should be ok but nelson might need an X-ray

Aldo
19-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Rubbish. OTJ did his job very well. And when did McGivern play at CH during the game. The whole defence were very good today. A central midfield very strong. Williams gets MoTM for the saves but for me Thomson was the best player on the park
Agree re Thommo and Thot Robertson was also excellent.

Just need Well to hammer that lot... Killie to beat county and I'll be very happy.

J-C
19-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Opinions eh, thought OTJ was missing a lot and contributed nothing, Craig and Thomson were excellent.
Yes the defence did reasonably well but McGivern was there doing last ditch covering due to Nelson getting caught out a few times and Hanlon then covering for Nelson. Putting body on the line is expected but still a good few errors at the back, still the over head ball catching us out too often, zero pace at the back.

As I said though, great work ethic and when they did put the ball on the deck, played some nice stuff.

The Voice Of Reason
19-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry, but it's going to take a little bit more than a 1-1 at home to Celtic to get me greetin' on a balcony in Bulgaria.

We played well, fought well, passed the ball well and are the first home team to take any points off Celtic this season.

Green shoots of hope - surely ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IWasThere2016
19-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Good point - great performance!

Williams deserved MOTM. Thought KT and Robbo were superb also - Broon and Kayal tucked up tight in their hippers!

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-10-2013, 01:47 PM
A tremendous battling point for us. We tailed away a bit in the 2nd half as they stepped up the pace. Forrest had already the same chance earlier and we failed to close him down for the goal.

Can't complain really, that first half performance was truly superb.

Onwards and upwards the mighty Hibees!

PS

A wee question for BT sport.

Are you Celtic TV in disguise?

poolman
19-10-2013, 01:47 PM
BT Sport,thought I'd found Celtic TV

J-C
19-10-2013, 01:48 PM
BT Sport,thought I'd found Celtic TV

Pandering to the unwashed, it's pretty sickening tbh.

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Good point - great performance!

Williams deserved MOTM. Thought KT and Robbo were superb also - Broon and Kayal tucked up tight in their hippers!

Agree thommo was good. The amount of times he got on the ball and kept it was fantastic. Nothing too fancy but nice and tidy.

Deansy
19-10-2013, 01:51 PM
MUST play like that - attitude, determination, grit etc - against THEM on the 30th !! IF we do the possibilities are endless !!!!

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Agree thommo was good. The amount of times he got on the ball and kept it was fantastic. Nothing too fancy but nice and tidy.

Thommo played well, unfortunately he couldnt get back quick enough to help craig out at their goal.

hfc rd
19-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Only managed to catch the 2nd half and thought we played well. Williams needs to get tied down long term. He was magnificent! We play like we did today, then Easter Road certainly will return back to being the fortress it once was.

GGTTH

green.and.white
Good result and performance, great from all individuals in green. Brown and Thomson the best players on the park.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Lennon "not happy with some of the challenges out there"

Really? so you just want teams to step aside and let you win by a barrowload?

Bog off ya wee numpty!

Jim44
19-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm looking at the bigger picture.

C'mon the Steelmen.

Surely the bigger picture has to be our league position rather than theirs.

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I like how the presenter managed to swiftly jump from pat fenlon to the celtic/Ajax game yet again :rolleyes:

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Surely the bigger picture has to be our league position rather than theirs.

Not in my eyes, no :greengrin

SaulGoodman
19-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Bog off ya wee numpty!
Someone needs to ask Lennon why he finds it acceptable to walk about on the pitch during the game

Stringer
19-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Much better balance with OTJ in midfield. Does the unseen work freeing up thomo.

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Bog off ya wee numpty!

It makes ye wonder how the wee shrinking ginger heided violet ever got through an old firm game.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Now that was a battling backs to the wall performance i don't mind. :top marks

If folk cant see the difference from Partick away to this today, i must watch a different kind of football?

Well done Hibs, well done Pat Fenlon and well done everyone connected for producing a decent performance with a side that had a decent shape and fought for every ball.

A special mention the Ben Williams, he on his own has won us 4 points in the last 2 games with these saves. :top marks

ian cruise
19-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Happy but also disappointed. We had our left back off the field getting treatment and celtic targeted that side, successfully I might add, but I feel if it wasn't for that we would have seen game out. Our goal was offside but we played well so happy with that. If you asked before the game if I would take a point and a good performance then I'd have said yes. Other results go against us we end up 7th and if Aberdeen, Motherwell or St Johnstone game go our way we are top six. It's starting to come together. We aren't great yet but we are getting points and improving each week.

Zazu62
19-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Very impressed with Robertson and Thomson today

banarc7062
19-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Pandering to the unwashed, it's pretty sickening tbh.
If I was having to pay for this then no way. I get it being a BT Broadband Customer for my internet. Where do they get these biased commentators, not to mention such crap referees. If only the former Italian Ref was our Referee's Supervisor I am sure he would hammer our current refs for one way constant decisions.GGTTH

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Happy but also disappointed. We had our left back off the field getting treatment and celtic targeted that side, successfully I might add, but I feel if it wasn't for that we would have seen game out. Our goal was offside but we played well so happy with that. If you asked before the game if I would take a point and a good performance then I'd have said yes. Other results go against us we end up 7th and if Aberdeen, Motherwell or St Johnstone game go our way we are top six. It's starting to come together. We aren't great yet but we are getting points and improving each week.

Ironically the reason he was off the park was due to his clumsy challenge a few mins before.

stoneyburn hibs
19-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Well done Hibs, thommo was the standout for us today.

Allant1981
Thought we played well today, for all the celtic pressure the defence seemed to cope well until mcgivern was off injured. Only player i didnt think was zoubir, dont think his game is suited to todays type of match. Good player yes but not much of a battler which was needed today but he has something

Onceinawhile
St mirren 1-0 against st Johnstone!

Tyler Durden
19-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Opinions eh, thought OTJ was missing a lot and contributed nothing, Craig and Thomson were excellent.
Yes the defence did reasonably well but McGivern was there doing last ditch covering due to Nelson getting caught out a few times and Hanlon then covering for Nelson. Putting body on the line is expected but still a good few errors at the back, still the over head ball catching us out too often, zero pace at the back.

As I said though, great work ethic and when they did put the ball on the deck, played some nice stuff.

Nelson was excellent today, thought the whole back 4 were. Sure he made the odd mistake but his team mates were quick to cover, that's how it should be.

Hopefully McGivern is fit next week and can kick on from his MotM today. Personally would have given it to Thomson, great leadership from him today, class shone through.

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Brechin 2 up on the rangers as well

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Brechin 2 Sevco 0 :greengrin

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Thomson had his best game for a long time today. The whole midfield did well in fact, although OTJ still looks a bit slow in moving/reacting for the ball. Gutted to have conceded but happy with an unexpected point. Well done boys.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2013, 02:12 PM
More than happy with that for 2 reasons:

1. We actually passed the ball and never resorted to humping it up the park - Zouby made a massive difference.
2. Celtc played well.

Definitely progress from the time we beat them 1-0 when Sparky scored when we spent most of the game lumping the ball up the park, coupled with the fact that celtc never played their full team in that game and were absolutely awful.

Progress :greengrin

Onion
19-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Absolutely no complaints from me. Great performance similar to our 1-0 win at ER last Christmas bar a good equaliser from Celtic. Lucky with the goal but not giving a flying **** about that.

Maybe but he ref made 100% sure we paid for it the rest of the match - absolutely dreadful. Celtic were given a free hand to take FKs from wherever they liked and to decide where Hibs took the few the we got. Over the piece, Hibs more than deserved their point as they were playing against 12.

Hibernia Na Eir
Brechin 2 Sevco 0 :greengrin

extremely sweet.

£850k salary manager too. ....good work super A'hole'lly.

Tyler Durden
Thought we played well today, for all the celtic pressure the defence seemed to cope well until mcgivern was off injured. Only player i didnt think was zoubir, dont think his game is suited to todays type of match. Good player yes but not much of a battler which was needed today but he has something

To be fair though he did put in a shift and was disciplined in tracking back - so hopefully puts to bed any nonsense that he won't track back.

I agree today wasn't necessarily his ideal game though, hopefully we'll see more against Hearts and Aberdeen

The Green Goblin
19-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Now that was a battling backs to the wall performance i don't mind. :top marks

If folk cant see the difference from Partick away to this today, i must watch a different kind of football?

Well done Hibs, well done Pat Fenlon and well done everyone connected for producing a decent performance with a side that had a decent shape and fought for every ball.

A special mention the Ben Williams, he on his own has won us 4 points in the last 2 games with these saves. :top marks

This - massive improvement. Some great attacking play and passing moves. Thought we really looked like a proper team today. Celtic only scored because McGivern was off the park - a bit frustrating tbh, but these things happen. Well done to PF and the players.

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 02:14 PM
extremely sweet.

£850k salary manager too. ....good work super A'hole'lly.

Tbf I think he took a 50 percent pay cut recently...

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Brechin 2 up on the rangers as well

very, VERY pleasing

the buns have four players yellow carded as well.....

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Killie one up at home vs ross county.

killie and st mirren to win and a motherwell hearts draw would be good for us. Same with Aberdeen united

Aldo
19-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Killie one up at home vs ross county. killie and st mirren to win and a motherwell hearts draw would be good for ys. Same with Aberdeen united

See where your coming from but want that mob hammered every single game

Onion
Killie one up at home vs ross county.

killie and st mirren to win and a motherwell hearts draw would be good for ys. Same with Aberdeen united

No going to be happy on 22pointsback :greengrin

green day
More than happy with that for 2 reasons:

1. We actually passed the ball and never resorted to humping it up the park - Zouby made a massive difference.
2. Celtc played well.

Definitely progress from the time we beat them 1-0 when Sparky scored when we spent most of the game lumping the ball up the park, coupled with the fact that celtc never played their full team in that game and were absolutely awful.

Progress :greengrin

+1 - and regardless of what twatfeatures Lennon may have said (didnt hear it), hard tackles are actually fair - its called football, and I seem to remember the wee ginger one was not exactly a shrinking violet himself.

That kind of performance, tactics, and team spirit are what we want.

A good days work, IMO

Aldo
19-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Also thought the Ref had a very good game given the conditions. Few odd decisions but a good game non the less

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 02:29 PM
the buns pull one back :(

Miguel
19-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Good fighting spirit and some decent passages of play. Goal only came because McGivern was off. Would have liked to have seen Zoubir subbed earlier, although he well enough on meagrely service. Shame we couldn't have held on, but a draw fine given the difference in price tag of the teams.

mutley
19-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Well folks , I thought that was the best game I've watched at ER in a long time, and as I was counting down the minutes in the second half I even though we might just hang on. The ref was definitely on the Celtic payroll though.

Anyhoo, bring on the sheep next week

GGTTH

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 02:35 PM
3-1 Brechin rofl!!

David_D
19-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Was very impressed with everyone today. Motm for me was Mcgivern for sure. Did think should have maybe put Collins on for heffernan for some fresh legs up front. Good point and roll on next week

andy1875
19-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Right good performance the day. Fenlon spoke about being in their faces and that's exactly what we did.

Thommo was my man of the match, fantastic performance.

Also had £3 on Heffernan first goal at 8/1.

Good day all round.

Treadstone
19-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Well done PF and the team the application that was missing against Partick was there in bundles today. Great shift by Heff (will be missed against the yams). Keep it going please.

Chuffed.

#FromTheCapital
19-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe but he ref made 100% sure we paid for it the rest of the match - absolutely dreadful. Celtic were given a free hand to take FKs from wherever they liked and to decide where Hibs took the few the we got. Over the piece, Hibs more than deserved their point as they were playing against 12.

Agree with this. Ref had a nightmare.

Bishop Hibee
19-10-2013, 02:41 PM
10/10 for effort for all the team today.

Excellent post-match interview with Tudor-Jones via Hibs official twitter feed.

Agrees he took time getting into the game and has had a slow start to his Hibs career. Comes across very well. I thought he got better as the game went on.

Special praise for heff who led the line brilliantly.

jacomo
19-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Tbf I think he took a 50 percent pay cut recently...

Yup, Swally's a mere £425k manager now. What a bargain :rolleyes:

mutley
19-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Just had a look at the half time scores. If they all stay like that I'll be happy, and it puts us in a good position for next week

hfc rd
19-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Just had a look at the half time scores. If they all stay like that I'll be happy, and it puts us in a good position for next week

A St Mirren win would be great though.

lucky
19-10-2013, 02:53 PM
The team tried hard my motm was The Heff, he led the line line very well. Special mention to OTJ, he was awful in the first 5 mins but came on to a game and got stuck into them.
Don't know how Zoubir last 90 mins. He was generally very poor with a few flashes here and there. But overall delighted with a point

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Hard tackles but fair tackles are part of the game. That Celtc number 5 was going over easier than that Wee lassie that fell on her erse during the halftime races. Celtc players expect to get every decision and expect to be allowed to referee every game. When that doesn't work, it is back to the fall back club motto of it's a conspiracy.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2013, 02:58 PM
The team tried hard my motm was The Heff, he led the line line very well. Special mention to OTJ, he was awful in the first 5 mins but came on to a game and got stuck into them.
Don't know how Zoubir last 90 mins. He was generally very poor with a few flashes here and there. But overall delighted with a point

You are joking right? His first start in the league and thought he played very well, some lovely touches and made a huge difference to the way we played. If Collins had started we'd have reverted back to long ball pish.

truehibernian
19-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Scott Robertson, Williams and wee Lewis were superb today, especially Robbo. KT brought much needed composure and was sound, but a wee bit of praise for Lewis shouldn't go amiss - the wee man handled Samaras and Stokes really well, often forcing them deeper.

Brilliant defending and work rate today - just wish at times we could have shown a little more patience when in their final third - we lacked somebody centrally driving into space - only a minor criticism in what was a full blooded game.

HibsClass1875
19-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Great, solid performance. McGivern MOTM in my opinion, Robertson was also brilliant, especially when in a central position.A Performance to be proud of. Heffernan led the line very well

Tyler Durden
19-10-2013, 03:02 PM
You are joking right? His first start in the league and thought he played very well, some lovely touches and made a huge difference to the way we played. If Collins had started we'd have reverted back to long ball pish.

Certainly had a far greater impact when moved central in the 2nd half. Credit to Fenlon for making the change although I'd have liked to see Collins get the last 10 minutes. Heffernan was running out of steam, understandably.

mutley
19-10-2013, 03:04 PM
A St Mirren win would be great though.

Very true, and a killing win too just to keep the yams in there place ( but if they hold Motherwell to a draw it would be handy for us)

But I'd still be happy with the way things are at the mo

Tom Hart RIP
19-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Lennon raging at press conference describing Hibs tacking as shocking reckless and rugbyesque.

green day
19-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Lennon raging at press conference describing Hibs tacking as shocking reckless and rugbyesque.

We should all listen to him of course - he is a wise and clever person.......................

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 03:06 PM
:agree:
If i remember correctly, the chances we did have in the 2nd half zouber set them up. ....some folk just canny be pleased.

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Shows we had the measure of his bully boy tactics. Well done to Fenlon we didn't roll over and put in a tough, spirited performance.

semaj64
19-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Typical Lennon don't know what game he was watching but there were no dirty tackles from either side. I said to my mate before the game Hibs need to be firm in their tackling as Celtic would not want to risk injury. Hibs need to more of this week in week out and especially against the yams

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:12 PM

McGivern was booked for a mistimed challenge, smellic FB just a bit too fast for him. That's how he got injured. Conditions weren't great but Thot their players went down way to easy.

Lennon is a grade A you know what re his thoughts on other teams tactics. Sour grapes IMHO.

There wasn't a really bad challenge the whole match. Physical game is it not. Does he just expect us to let them run over the top of us.

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:16 PM
2-1 paisley

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2013, 03:16 PM
2-1 paisley

Now we're taking!

Allant1981
19-10-2013, 03:17 PM

He wasnt that good, he seems to be an ok player but today wasnt his best, one example i can mind is when we had a break away and brown caught up with him in about 5secs, for someone we all hope will add a bit of pace he isnt really that quick, hopefully he will improve

kdhibees1
2-2 now. Hasselbaink

EuanH78
Tears of pride but can't help feel we've missed an opportunity to get stronger by getting beat. Its what big teams would do

silverhibee

But yet he defended Broony for his petulant kick out in the CL.

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.trawlerpictures.net/uploads/gallery/album_144/gallery_133_156_1323700632_41408.jpg

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:20 PM
FFS tattoo man scores

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Kin hell, **** 1 nil up. Stevenson

Bishop Hibee
19-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Now 2-2 Paisley.

Lennon must tell his players to roll over and/or thump the ground when touched by an opposing player. Then they go daft if they don't get the decision.

Hertz a goal up. Booooooooooo.

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Hearts score completley against the run of play apparently. C'mon Saints and Killie!

joe breezy
19-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Murderwell

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 03:24 PM
He wasnt that good, he seems to be an ok player but today wasnt his best, one example i can mind is when we had a break away and brown caught up with him in about 5secs, for someone we all hope will add a bit of pace he isnt really that quick, hopefully he will improve

I could make comments about every single player today who had a bad spell of play. :rolleyes:

mutley
Typical , jammy gits, still, remember they are going to overtake us this month

Aldo
2 goals in injury time will soon sort that lot out.

BBC pundits will be creaming their kecks

seven nowt
19-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Can you get more biased??

CHANCE FOR HEARTS, och........
Chance for Motherwell, GREAT SAVE.
GOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! RYAN STEVENSON...

:brickwall

Allant1981
19-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I could make comments about every single player today who had a bad spell of play. :rolleyes:

And so could i, i just happened to think he wasnt very good today. Opinions are just that

rcarter1
19-10-2013, 03:26 PM

Unfortunately he isnt that quick, and no one else that we have is either. Its a real pain because it really limits us, and requires us to be more cautious as well. Great fighting performance from the team though, and a great game to be at.

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Motherwell goal! 1-1

kdhibees1
yas. 1 all. C'mon the well!!!!

hibee_girl
Motherwell score, 1-1

hibbymick
1-1 :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin and that my friend is why i like hearts scoring first , preston will be gutted :flag::flag:

givescotlandfreedom
Motherwell goal! 1-1

Get it up them!

kdhibees1
Griffiths just scored for Wolves (again)

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Get in.

Leigh scores putting Wolves in front

steakbake
I don't think his colleagues pretend he is anything other than a jambo. Neither does he...

He sounded very disappointed at the equaliser - which is a terrible shame.

joe breezy
Come on the steelmen!

rcarter1
Motherwell goal! 1-1

Nice..

marti1875
Why oh why do people insist on listening to that garbage? it's well documented how it is, in fact it's like deja vu almost every week there's the same old thread about this same old thing....personally i NEVER listen to it. Ever. Each to their own of course though :greengrin

kdhibees1
Huns equalise to make it 3 each at Brechin.

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:30 PM
He's the reason I don't listen to the BBC anymore.

Grade A ROASTER.

Yam love in every week when I listened to it.

Mon Well let's get another.

Bishop Hibee
19-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Griffiths 10 goals for the season so far.

C'mon 'Well, get the winner!

3-3 Newco. Displeasing.

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:31 PM
C'mon Killie (2-0 up now) and St. Mirren (3-2) Up. :greengrin:greengrin

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 03:32 PM
St Mirren 3-2 up

Killie 2-0 up

Mon Motherwell, finish it off for a perfect afternoon.

God Petrie
Hehe Killie winning too. What a treat especially after a jambo is making a pt of keeping me updated wi their score. Hohohoho. Deid clubs finish last.

hibbymick
C'mon the steelmen.:pray:

Aldo
C'mon Killie (2-0 up now) and Saints of mirren (3-2) Up. :greengrin:greengrin

Just need a Well winner and we'd just bout have a Carlsberg weekend.

kdhibees1
Just need a Well winner and we'd just bout have a Carlsberg weekend.
This :thumbsup: St. Johnstone down to 10 men also!

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Wright sent off fur Perth as well.

Allant1981
19-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately he isnt that quick, and no one else that we have is either. Its a real pain because it really limits us, and requires us to be more cautious as well. Great fighting performance from the team though, and a great game to be at.

I agree it was a good performance, think zoubir will be suited to playing against the lower half teams

Thecat23
19-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Really pleased with Hibs today, rolled up their sleeves and dug deep for a draw which was a fair result I thought. Tactics and team selection was spot on as well so well done Pat, keep it up.

leggeto
19-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Great, solid performance. McGivern MOTM in my opinion, Robertson was also brilliant, especially when in a central position.A Performance to be proud of. Heffernan led the line very well

safe to say all the lads earned their wages everyone had a great game some desperate defending at times but expected against a top side big Ben stood out for me

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Heartbreaking set of results.

matty_f
19-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Come on 'Well!

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Come on 'Well!

This

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 03:39 PM
St Mirren 3-3 St Johnstone

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:39 PM
This

I'd really like them to score a few more but would be happy for a well winner with last kick if the ball hence a very big kick in the baws

rcarter1
19-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I agree it was a good performance, think zoubir will be suited to playing against the lower half teams

Agree about Zoubir. He looked a bit out of his depth, understandably, against big athletic defenders. Has something about him though, and might have enough to give the Yams a few problems. Looking forward to the Aberdeen game as well which is a big marker for the team.

SuperAllyMcleod
I noticed a curious thing at the game today.

Hibs were one up and the ball went out of play and into the Celtic dugout. The fourth official immediately jumped up and threw the spare ball to Celtic so that they could take a throw.

The point is why? The 'multi ball system' has to be agreed beforehand and would involve more balls placed all around the pitch.

The ball had gone into the dugout next to him, it's not as if he didn't know where it was!

I can only come up with two reasons for his actions -
1. He thought the Celtic subs would keep it.
2. He is a Celtic fan, wanted them to press forward and forgot where he was.

One for the Celtic conspiracy theorists though!

mutley
Having been at today's game, and looking at the way today's other results are shaping up, depending on ICTs results tomorrow and Friday, we could be in 3rd and sniffing at at the heels of 2nd in the league by this time next week

grunt
Oops

Aldo
St Mirren 3-3 St Johnstone

Against 10 men as well. Mon Paisley and mon Well

IWasThere2016
Heartbreaking set of results.

:thumbsup:

Mon the Muthas 2-1!! :greengrin

Heisenberg
19-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Gooooooooooooalllllll

givescotlandfreedom
I'd really like them to score a few more but would be happy for a well winner with last kick if the ball hence a very big kick in the baws

There's a start :D

matty_f
Motherwell!!!

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Ya dancer. Well 2-1 up. :thumbsup:

Aldo
:thumbsup: Mon the Muthas 2-1!! :greengrin

Yaaaaaaaaasssssssssss

Te he

dmc1875
I don't know about you, but I am so proud right now :greengrin

mutley
Ye ha, that's what I like to see

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Mon the buddies kill them off!

hibs6270uk
Welling up with pride at the moment :na na:

Mikey
Could do with St Mirren getting a winner now...............

rcarter1
Oh Hearts. You just couldnt help it. :tee hee:

givescotlandfreedom
Welling up with pride at the moment :na na:

So brave and spirited from a 1-0 lead ten minutes ago.

IWasThere2016
St mirren 4-3

hibbymick
Damn! I was just starting to feel very proud.

p.s go on the sainteeeees :greengrin

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Mon the Buddies!!!

mutley
Ok, so Motherwell have just thrown a spanner in the works for that plan but hey I'm still happy enough

givescotlandfreedom
Yaaaasssss

God Petrie
In tears on my balcony.

Tears of laughter. Get it righhttttttttt up ye jambos. Bahahaha

Heisenberg
4-3 St Mirren :thumbsup:

Aldo
St mirren 4-3

Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss

The results stay the same and it's defo a Carlsberg weekend

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Always enjoy 7 goals in a game.

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:45 PM
4-3 Buddies. Wow. What a day!! Haha flumps!! :thumbsup:

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Saints equalise ......

At Old Trafford

SteveHFC
Southampton equalizer at Old Trafford :faf:

joe breezy
Motherwell & St Mirren, nice

rcarter1
19-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh and the Saints (the good ones) go marching in. :take that

matty_f
Oh when the saints...

dmc1875
YAAAAS!!! Oh they just keep getting knocked down....and down....and down... :greengrin

A pleasing (and very proud) afternoon

blackpoolhibs
Trust Hibs to spoil a perfect weekend. :wink:

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Thats it.................im getting the builders in on monday..................I WANT A BALCONY :fuming:

SteveHFC
19-10-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133927-official-motherwell-vs-heart-of-midlothan-matchday-thread/page__st__350

They are starting to accept going down :faf:

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133927-official-motherwell-vs-heart-of-midlothan-matchday-thread/page__st__350

Incredibly pleasing!! So proud of them, so proud!!

Mikey
19-10-2013, 03:50 PM

I'll be heading over once the FT's are confirmed. Should be amusing :greengrin

poolman
19-10-2013, 03:51 PM
4-3 Buddies. Wow. What a day!! Haha flumps!! :thumbsup:

The banks will be busy on Monday dealing with direct debit cancellations :-)

bingo70

Best bit is they won't get promoted next season if they do go down.

steakbake
Does this peg them back to being 15 behind again?

Edit: yes, it does.

Jack Hackett
19-10-2013, 03:52 PM

Page 5 onwards is a joy of elation and despair :faf: :devil: :faf:

All those ups and downs in the space of a few pages must be hard on their hearts

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Does this peg them back to being 15 behind again? 13 behind Killie. 15 behind Buddies

Aldo
19-10-2013, 03:53 PM
It makes me proud to say this but

GIRFUY ya cheating bunch of charity robbing bar-stewards

There feel better

matty_f
St Mirren and Killie both take 3 points today...as do 'Well. So proud right now.

Pretty Boy
We simply MUST hammer these pricks on the 30th.

Season all but over before November.

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Aye but errrrr 5-1 and that eh.

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Proud of those young hertz warriors sustaining the relegation battle to October. Enjoy the first division ****ttsss.

hibbymick
19-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Nice to see killie hitting a bit form at last. Anyone have any idea who their next games against :wink:

SteveHFC
Aye but errrrr 5-1 and that eh.

Buried: 19/05/12 apparently :cb

Coco Bryce
Hertz fans turning on Locke now.

Pleasing...

SteveHFC
19-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Are we aloud to post any gifs at all as i have a few waiting to be posted :greengrin :cb

SteveHFC
FT :thumbsup:

DaveF
Another boot in the baws for the yams today.

Lovely.

Mikey
19-10-2013, 03:57 PM
All we need now is a St Mirren goal and our misery is complete.

:hilarious

@gdown:

mutley
19-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Had to read that from the start. Oh how very PLEASING to me hehehe yam fuds

Onion
19-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The Movement and 22pointsback will be overflowing with pride tonight.

Hainan Hibs
So proud I just tore the heid aff it.

cabbageandribs1875
i would just like to thank hertz for supplying todays laughs...again

cheats never prosper :lolyam:

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Post on Boakbag ''Hearts World is a ******* embarrassment. I despise it. '' :not worth:faf:

Onion
Buried: 19/05/12 apparently :cb

Don't you mean 1902 and 51 ... #allisbarry

Aldo
We simply MUST hammer these pricks on the 30th. Season all but over before November.

This

Spike Mandela
19-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I swear that I could hear tears bouncing off his desk during the Allan Preston full time match report. Pleasing.:cb

Www1875hfc
19-10-2013, 04:02 PM
What are we ahead of the puddle drinkers now? 22 ?

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 04:03 PM
What are we ahead of the puddle drinkers now? 22 ?
22 points, yip :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
19-10-2013, 04:04 PM
It's funny that they still bang on about 5-1 killing us when the opposite is now being so obviously proven to be true. That game was easily the worst i have ever felt with regards to a football game. But would i trade a win that day for at best the dignity of my club or at worst it's very existence? Would i **** but those idiots have.

They are heading for at least a couple of years out the top league and BIG TEAMS like Leeds have proven just how much of a body blow that can be.

You reap what you sow so girfuy ya shower of cheating scaffs.

Thecat23
19-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Had to read that from the start. Oh how very PLEASING to me hehehe yam fuds

Where is Craigieboy?? Not to be seen or heard.

GET THAT RIGHT UP YOU YA BIG ****ING SMELLY TRANNY!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SteveHFC
19-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Where is Craigieboy?? Not to be seen or heard.

GET THAT RIGHT UP YOU YA BIG ****ING SMELLY TRANNY!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He will be crying his eyes out at this moment in time :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
19-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Serious question, can Hearts still get off the bottom of the table by the end of October?:confused:

DaveF
19-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Serious question, can Hearts still get off the bottom of the table by the end of October?:confused:

What year?

Thecat23
19-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Better believe it. Or he'll be thrashing himself silly watching the 1-5 crying at the same time thinking "where did it all go wrong."

No doubt he'll be on Monday with another 1-5 thread because that is honestly all he has and he doesn't get we are pissing ourselves at how it's KILLED them that day no us.

dar
19-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Liked the comment 'we can't buy a win right now'. Maybe somebody should tell them they cannot by anything right now!

rcarter1
19-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Its the Motherwell/Aberdeen/ICT axis that we might struggle to overtake, but hey, if we beat the Dons who knows? Im just hoping we can scrap and fight like today, have a go, and enjoy the games.

SuperAllyMcleod
19-10-2013, 04:10 PM

Serious answer - they have one game to get 14 points, what do you think?

GreenCastle
1 - At least their song is close to making sense again about -15 points and all that..

2 - Well done St Mirren and Killie :greengrin They must be sick of Stephen Thompson - top man :greengrin

3 - If they get relegated they may seriously struggle to come back up after 1 season due to Newco - only possibility may be a play off.

4 - We must beat them on the 30th - no excuses - get the place filled and let the misery continue!

5 - Edinburgh's big team - you never were..more like the club with no shame!

6 - :fenlon any yams looking in!

God Petrie
Hahahah some absolute halfwit on wishwehadaclubback wanting to bin Locke and get Paulo Sergio in. They just don't get it and never will. It's like watching the idiots on X factor where your not sure if you should laugh because it's bordering on mental illness.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2013, 04:11 PM

I reckon he's a NAP to be found bollock naked with an orange in his mouth, tied up desperately trying to get himself off to the 5-1 DVD and a polaroid photo of Wallace Mercer.

kdhibees1
19-10-2013, 04:12 PM
It's like watching the idiots on X factor where your not sure if you should laugh because it's bordering on mental illness.:top marks

Nailrod
19-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Serious question, can Hearts still get off the bottom of the table by the end of October?:confused:If the pies can rouse themselves to do a job next week then the jumbos can tell themselves that they're already a full round into the season and they're no worse off than when they started...:agree:

HoboHarry
19-10-2013, 04:17 PM
If Hearts lose to Kilmarnock next week they will be stranded by 16 points - more than the -15 they started with after 11 games played. So much for catching Hibs/St Mirren/Kilmarnock (delete as desired) :greengrin

Golden Bear
19-10-2013, 04:19 PM
And in the big Derby game of the day it was:-

Hibernian (EofS) 3 - Leith Athletic 3.

This was not a League game but a League Cup Qualifying Tie. Leith currently play in the E of S Premier Division.

Aldo
Better believe it. Or he'll be thrashing himself silly watching the 1-5 crying at the same time thinking "where did it all go wrong." No doubt he'll be on Monday with another 1-5 thread because that is honestly all he has and he doesn't get we are pissing ourselves at how it's KILLED them that day no us.

Put it this way I would be very surprised if there was any trolls in hear the nite.

lapsedhibee
If the pies can rouse themselves to do a job next week then the jumbos can tell themselves that they're already a full round into the season and they're no worse off than when they started...:agree:

#breakeven #selfsufficient

HoboHarry
19-10-2013, 04:20 PM
If the pies can rouse themselves to do a job next week then the jumbos can tell themselves that they're already a full round into the season and they're no worse off than when they started...:agree:
But with 11 games less in which to make up the deficit .....

GreenCastle
19-10-2013, 04:20 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133927-official-motherwell-vs-heart-of-midlothan-matchday-thread/page__st__400

Some of the comments are priceless....

Bring in Sergio - I know he will be expensive but a long term plan...:cb

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Regarding the question about getting off the bottom of the league...

If they win their next 4 games and St Mirren / Killie lose all their games they will be off the bottom December 7th - is that going to happen? Probably not :greengrin

SteveHFC
19-10-2013, 04:21 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133939-we-just-cant-keep-a-lead/

There's Craigieboy :faf:

Weststandwanab
19-10-2013, 04:26 PM
The banks will be busy on Monday dealing with direct debit cancellations :-) :wink:

We simply MUST hammer these pricks on the 30th.

Season all but over before November. That is imperative.

What are we ahead of the puddle drinkers now? 22 ? Oh, that number again !

Serious question, can Hearts still get off the bottom of the table by the end of October?:confused: Which October - maybe get off a table at Oktoberfest !

Serious answer - they have one game to get 14 points, what do you think? Yamanomics can get you that option !

Treadstone
19-10-2013, 04:27 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133939-we-just-cant-keep-a-lead/

There's Craigieboy :faf:

Post #4

'amadjambo' writes :

There is very little in terms of ability between us and every other team in the league outwith Celtic.

:faf:

Hainan Hibs
19-10-2013, 04:27 PM
"If we lose at Killie next week (and there's nothing in our form to suggest we won't) we would be bottom of the league WITHOUT the 15 point deduction."

Pride that brings tears to the eyes:agree:

19-10-2013, 04:29 PM
1 - At least their song is close to making sense again about -15 points and all that..

2 - Well done St Mirren and Killie :greengrin They must be stick of Stephen Thompson - top man :greengrin

3 - If they get relegated they may seriously struggle to come back up after 1 season due to Newco - only possibility may be a play off.

4 - We must beat them on the 30th - no excuses - get the place filled and let the misery continue!

5 - Edinburgh's big team - you never were..more like the club with no shame!

6 - :fenlon any yams looking in!

:top marks

GIRFUY ya disgusting, shameless, corrupt, bigotted, trampy, grotty, arrogant little club!

Hainan Hibs
"We need to hope we can get out ofadmin before Xmas so that we can strengthen the squad in Feb. "

:faf: 22pointsback on fire tonight :faf:

Hibby Bairn
What date will they get past zero?....someone should start a book.

Col2
19-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Preston almost in tears and stating the most important victory should be "UBIG going bust next week and confirmation FOH will get the club, that's the most important result"

Might be a little longer than next week Aldo, try a couple of months at best and how about more likely NEVER.

Golden Bear
19-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Sportsound have just announced that tomorrow's game should be a cracker --------- Inverness v Caledonian Thistle!

:greengrin

Weststandwanab
19-10-2013, 04:37 PM
What date will they get past zero?....someone should start a book. I have never been too convinced they will get to Zero !

Preston almost in tears and stating the most important victory should be "UBIG going bust next week and confirmation FOH will get the club, that's the most important result"

Might be a little longer than next week Aldo, try a couple of months at best and how about more likely NEVER. The most important result would be avoiding the big L if that is possible.

Aldo
19-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Preston almost in tears and stating the most important victory should be "UBIG going bust next week and confirmation FOH will get the club, that's the most important result" Might be a little longer than next week Aldo, try a couple of months at best and how about more likely NEVER.

Good enough for him.

He's like al the others - delusions of grandeur And thinks as soon as the FOH get control then #allwillbebarry

How wrong will they all be.

DarrenSQH
19-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Over on there all the comments saying "lets get out of admin and strengthen the squad in the window" hahahahahaha

The result of The Famous has made my saturday afternoon very pleasing :fenlon:jmcp:

SkintHibby
19-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Another beauty saying the Championship will be the best league in Scotland next season and Rangers should be as scared of them as they are of Rangers.

Roasters. To a man.:agree:

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 05:07 PM
This can't be right, they have the best group of young players since they saved football in 1914....or something.

Aldo
19-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Over on there all the comments saying "lets get out of admin and strengthen the squad in the window" hahahahahaha The result of The Famous has made my saturday afternoon very pleasing :fenlon:jmcp: Yeah but if and that's if they come out if admin by they end if Jan they could only sign free agents from 1st Feb. You honestly think anyone will sign for them?

And they will be relegated by then

Pat 0-7
19-10-2013, 05:21 PM
This can't be right, they have the best group of young players since they saved football in 1914....or something.

Seems some of them dont agree........

'The harsh reality is that our young players are nowhere near as good as some people think.'

:lolyam:

GIRFUY!!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133927-official-motherwell-vs-heart-of-midlothan-matchday-thread/page__st__400

Some of the comments are priceless....

Bring in Sergio - I know he will be expensive but a long term plan...:cb

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Regarding the question about getting off the bottom of the league...

If they win their next 4 games and St Mirren / Killie lose all their games they will be off the bottom December 7th - is that going to happen? Probably not :greengrin

Thanks for the link to Sickbag .... by the way ..... who are Heart of Midlothan ?

Hainan Hibs
19-10-2013, 06:02 PM
"Are Rudi and Gary Naysmith done deals for february? If so then I think it's a certainty we'll stay up. Reading the comments about Gary Locke, I think the treatment is a bit harsh. I think he's done a great job so far. Okay, maybe a bit tactically naive but I can't see JJ or Paulo doing much better in these circumstances. If we were to get rid of him It would have to be Levein or Sir Paul. Maybe Robbo."

Magnificent, has to be a Hibby :faf:

chrisski33
19-10-2013, 06:13 PM
In praque at moment so missed game! Will hopefully catch highlights when back!

Aldo
19-10-2013, 06:38 PM
"Are Rudi and Gary Naysmith done deals for february? If so then I think it's a certainty we'll stay up. Reading the comments about Gary Locke, I think the treatment is a bit harsh. I think he's done a great job so far. Okay, maybe a bit tactically naive but I can't see JJ or Paulo doing much better in these circumstances. If we were to get rid of him It would have to be Levein or Sir Paul. Maybe Robbo." Magnificent, has to be a Hibby :faf:

Ha ha Naismith is currently playing in a poor East Fife Team - mind you they did beat Pars FC.

Not the fastest according to my next door neighbour, who is in fact the clubs official photographer.

They can have them Rudi will be match fit like. O and as I mentioned there is a very good possibility they will be all but relegated by then.

JimBHibees
19-10-2013, 06:54 PM

I would agree a wee bit of a liability in todays game IMO. Would have put Taiwo on for him with 20 o go.

Northernhibee
19-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Ha ha Naismith is currently playing in a poor East Fife Team - mind you they did beat Pars FC.

Not the fastest according to my next door neighbour, who is in fact the clubs official photographer.

They can have them Rudi will be match fit like. O and as I mentioned there is a very good possibility they will be all but relegated by then.

I would love it if they signed Skacel to see his greeting face when we relegate them.

greenpaper55
19-10-2013, 07:00 PM
This from the keeckback-"I don't think another manager would do much with this bunch."
So much for loyalty

hibees 7062
19-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Cva and fan ownership are the priorities and always were. The football is simply a side show. Usual then

This hurts much more than I thought! Not me

Watching the youngsters try and fail is horrendous. Naw its no :greengrin