PDA

View Full Version : cancer is Pants

The Falcon
18-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Apologies if already posted but worth a read, especially if you think a football result is the be all and end all tomorrow. Girl from Jedburgh just wants to see Hibs before she dies and seems like the club are on it, thankfully. Those with links inside ER can maybe put a wee word in.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/friends-sell-cancer-pants-knickers-2465090

poolman
18-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Yup, a horrible disease that can still take people so young.

Very sad

Pretty Boy
18-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm sure Hibs will look after her well.

I have a friend who's Granddad was ill and when he began to deteriorate one of his last wishes was to see Hibs again. Both him and his family were treated to a fantastic day in hospitality and were looked after well. Sadly CC was manager at the time so of course we lost to Hearts.

Hibs are very good at stuff like this.

The Falcon
18-10-2013, 08:17 PM

I have a friend who's Granddad was ill and when he began to deteriorate one of his last wishes was to see Hibs again. Both him and his family were treated to a fantastic day in hospitality and were looked after well. Sadly CC was manager at the time so of course we lost to Hearts.

Thats good to hear. I know Hibs do these things without trumpeting about it, which is as it should be. Just reiterates all that is good about our club.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I have a good friend who has cancer, he actually has it in two places. We all know he's not got long, maybe 6 months at most.

He's one quarter of 4 of us who go out most weeks for a pint, and we go on holiday a couple of times a year, he's only 47 and one of lifes good guys.

He's a big Man City fan, has been all his life. He followed them when they were in the third tier of the game down here in England, and i know it won't save him but personally i'm glad these arabs have come in and helped City win the league and give City some silverware recently.

Its made him so happy, and i'm glad he's been here to see it.

FranckSuzy
18-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Apologies if already posted but worth a read, especially if you think a football result is the be all and end all tomorrow. Girl from Jedburgh just wants to see Hibs before she dies and seems like the club are on it, thankfully. Those with links inside ER can maybe put a wee word in.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/friends-sell-cancer-pants-knickers-2465090

Thats good to hear. I know Hibs do these things without trumpeting about it, which is as it should be. Just reiterates all that is good about our club.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Sue Mclernon is the person to speak to re a tour round ER or to take in a match so I will ask her about this :aok:

Aldo
18-10-2013, 09:00 PM
My dad had his bladder and the works removed a year past April. Op took 10 hours.

Checks every 6 months cos it was an aggressive type so fingers crossed.

Don't think I slept for 2 weeks with work, kids and going across to see him in monk lands everyday.

He's ok now but ... Well you know.

. I am more than certain that the powers that be at ER and at the SRU will ensure she had a memorable trip. God bless her.

FranckSuzy
18-10-2013, 09:07 PM
I have a good friend who has cancer, he actually has it in two places. We all know he's not got long, maybe 6 months at most.

He's one quarter of 4 of us who go out most weeks for a pint, and we go on holiday a couple of times a year, he's only 47 and one of lifes good guys.

He's a big Man City fan, has been all his life. He followed them when they were in the third tier of the game down here in England, and i know it won't save him but personally i'm glad these arabs have come in and helped City win the league and give City some silverware recently.

Sorry to hear that G :aok:

Sergey
18-10-2013, 09:08 PM

Sorry to hear that G :aok:

Seconded.

:aok:

McD
18-10-2013, 09:56 PM
It's a terrifying and sobering disease, something that instantly changes how you look at and value things in your life. My wife (then fiancé) was diagnosed with cancer last year, 3 months before our wedding. Fortunately she's come through it strongly, but it really is something that shatters your world in a second.

Jamesie
18-10-2013, 10:20 PM
You think you've had a rubbish week then you read that story and realise how lucky you are.

FranckSuzy
18-10-2013, 10:29 PM
It's a terrifying and sobering disease, something that instantly changes how you look at and value things in your life. My wife (then fiancé) was diagnosed with cancer last year, 3 months before our wedding. Fortunately she's come through it strongly, but it really is something that shatters your world in a second.

Glad to hear it :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2013, 10:36 PM
what a damn shame, the one word in the dictionary that whenever mentioned sparks true fear in a human being, i hope the lassie gets enough time to complete everything on that bucket list

lucky
19-10-2013, 03:23 AM
Her bucket list is hardly going to break the bank. Can we not all chip in a few quid?

#oneofourown

McD
19-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Glad to hear it :aok:

Thank you :aok:

hibs4thecup1988
19-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Cancer is a horrible thing. Sadly lost my mum 2 years ago. The word just sends shivers down my back. Hope this young person gets everything they wish for.

marti1875
19-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm actually just recovering from a major cancer op and scare right now. It can just suddenly happen and one minute i felt fit and healthy without a care in the world then suddenly to be told you have to have a major op due to a massive cancerous growth is quite a shock!

Not managed a game recently...but looking on here maybe that's been a good thing judging by the doom and gloom at times, :greengrin but normal service will be resumed very soon i hope :agree:

I'm sure the club will help this girl out for sure.

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 10:22 AM
I lost my mother to Cancer about two years ago and have also lost a number of relatives to the same disease. It really is a horrible disease, watching somebody you love deteriorate gradually and knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

Somehow it seems even worse that this poor lassie hasn't even had the chance to really live her life yet.

Is there a paypal address or something where we can donate? I couldn't see anything like that in the article.

Golden Bear
19-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I lost my mother to Cancer about two years ago and have also lost a number of relatives to the same disease. It really is a horrible disease, watching somebody you love deteriorate gradually and knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

Somehow it seems even worse that this poor lassie hasn't even had the chance to really live her life yet.

Is there a paypal address or something where we can donate? I couldn't see anything like that in the article.

Here's the article in a local paper, it mentions " how to donate" at the end.

http://www.thesouthernreporter.co.uk/news/local-headlines/cancer-is-pants-1-3148441

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Her bucket list is hardly going to break the bank. Can we not all chip in a few quid?

#oneofourown

Great shout, how could we do something like this from the Hibs family?

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm actually just recovering from a major cancer op and scare right now. It can just suddenly happen and one minute i felt fit and healthy without a care in the world then suddenly to be told you have to have a major op due to a massive cancerous growth is quite a shock!

Not managed a game recently...but looking on here maybe that's been a good thing judging by the doom and gloom at times, :greengrin but normal service will be resumed very soon i hope :agree:

I'm sure the club will help this girl out for sure.

best of luck with that :agree:

i've not got the time at the moment, but could someone maybe e-mail her friend and ask if she could maybe sort out a site for donating, preferably through paypal

Pretty Boy
19-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Would the admins be willing to take donations through the .net paypal account then forward it on in a week or so?

IWasThere2016
19-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Good call PB :agree:

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Would the admins be willing to take donations through the .net paypal account then forward it on in a week or so?

It good be nice if they did. To me, this would be the very definition of 'Hibs Class'.

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 03:16 PM

If not, for whatever reason, the East Stand Stone PayPal a/c is still active and I have already been in contact with her friend who runs the Facebook site, and Sue Mclernon at Hibs, seeing what we can all do :aok:

Galahibby
19-10-2013, 03:21 PM
If not, for whatever reason, the East Stand Stone PayPal a/c is still active and I have already been in contact with her friend who runs the Facebook site, and Sue Mclernon at Hibs, seeing what we can all do :aok:

Jay
19-10-2013, 03:29 PM

That sounds like a plan Suzy :-) I was wondering if it could be done through your other collections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 03:35 PM

That sounds like a plan Suzy :-) I was wondering if it could be done through your other collections.

Right, f-e-c-k it! :greengrin I'm not good at sitting about waiting so I'll pledge £20. The PayPal a/c is *eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk (*eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk) for those who would like to donate. I'll report back when Sue @ Hibs replies to my email. #Hibeefamily

*Please put something, even just pants, in the message field :greengrin :aok:

MurrayfieldHibs
19-10-2013, 03:46 PM

Like other .netters on this thread I lost my mum to cancer. My father-in-law is currently getting treatment for Prostate Cancer and I know other friends who have had it and are in remission.

I had a couple of parties organised last summer for my 50th birthday celebrations and decided that I would set up a Just Giving page so people could give donations to charity rather than getting yet more presents to fill up my already cluttered house.

Through the incredible generosity of family, friends and a donation from my work along with Gift Aid I managed to raise over £1,350 for Prostate Cancer UK. Setting up a Just Giving page is really easy and the charities are delighted with any size of donations. www.justgiving.com

If you have a houseful of stuff and a significant occasion coming up please consider chosing a cancer charity and ask for donations so we can support the doctors and scientists who are looking for better diagnostics and cures.

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Like other .netters on this thread I lost my mum to cancer. My father-in-law is currently getting treatment for Prostate Cancer and I know other friends who have had it and are in remission.

I had a couple of parties organised last summer for my 50th birthday celebrations and decided that I would set up a Just Giving page so people could give donations to charity rather than getting yet more presents to fill up my already cluttered house.

Through the incredible generosity of family, friends and a donation from my work along with Gift Aid I managed to raise over £1,350 for Prostate Cancer UK. Setting up a Just Giving page is really easy and the charities are delighted with any size of donations. www.justgiving.com (http://www.justgiving.com)

If you have a houseful of stuff and a significant occasion coming up please consider chosing a cancer charity and ask for donations so we can support the doctors and scientists who are looking for better diagnostics and cures.

Sorry to hear that but good for you :aok:

19-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Absolutely awful disease, unfortunately I know people who have and have had it, as well as folk who have sadly passed away from it, including people who are relatively young.

I hope the club can organise a nice day out for this woman and look after her well.

whiskyhibby
19-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Great shout, how could we do something like this from the Hibs family?

Great idea can we start a fund, happy to contribute

Mr White
19-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Send yer donations to eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk via paypal :aok:

Jay
19-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Check out post 28 from Franksuzy

oconnors_strip
19-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Sean Murdoch is keen to help out in some way. Hibs class!

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Right, f-e-c-k it! :greengrin I'm not good at sitting about waiting so I'll pledge £20. The PayPal a/c is *eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk (*eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk) for those who would like to donate. I'll report back when Sue @ Hibs replies to my email. #Hibeefamily

*Please put something, even just pants, in the message field :greengrin :aok:

i've just matched that via paypal...., just put 'pants' in the subject line :rolleyes:can yi confirm :greengrin just when yi get a free min :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 06:10 PM
i'm sure the SRU will fix the lassie up with tickets for the upcoming Autumn Test games

v Japan
v South Africa
v Australia

Galahibby
19-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Through the incredible generosity of family, friends and a donation from my work along with Gift Aid I managed to raise over £1,350 for Prostate Cancer UK. Setting up a Just Giving page is really easy and the charities are delighted with any size of donations. www.justgiving.com

Awesome effort, well done! :aok:

whiskyhibby
19-10-2013, 06:16 PM
£50 sent

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 06:18 PM
i've just matched that via paypal...., just put 'pants' in the subject line :rolleyes:can yi confirm :greengrin just when yi get a free min :agree:

:thumbsup:

Donations received from SS, DP and JB :aok: thanks folks #Hibeefamily :agree:

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Sean Murdoch is keen to help out in some way. Hibs class!

:thumbsup: :agree:

oconnors_strip
19-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Money sent

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Money sent

Received N :aok: That's £105 raised already :thumbsup:

Jay
19-10-2013, 06:32 PM
£50 sent

Fantastic gesture :-)

whiskyhibby
19-10-2013, 06:35 PM

Happy to oblige, A very sobering story and hopefully the Hibee family can make this girls last few months something special.....

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Happy to oblige, A very sobering story and hopefully the Hibee family can make this girls last few months something special.....

:agree: :aok: I have sent Sue a text and email to ask if Hibs can help. The posts on the 'cancer is pants' Facebook page don't show Hibs in a very good light, unfortunately, but I am confident they can redeem themselves. If anyone can sort this, Sue can :agree:.

oconnors_strip
19-10-2013, 06:48 PM
:agree: :aok: I have sent Sue a text and email to ask if Hibs can help. The posts on the 'cancer is pants' Facebook page don't show Hibs in a very good light, unfortunately, but I am confident they can redeem themselves. If anyone can sort this, Sue can :agree:.

A few of the players are very keen to help out in any way possible, with the help from sue this will be achieved

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 06:56 PM

A few of the players are very keen to help out in any way possible, with the help from sue this will be achieved

:agree: :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 07:06 PM
£150 now raised :aok: Hibee family indeed :agree:

Edit: make that £175 :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
19-10-2013, 07:21 PM

Can't see anything on Facebook associated with cancer is pants, could you send a link?

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Can't see anything on Facebook associated with cancer is pants, could you send a link?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/620904711288224/626511704060858/?notif_t=group_activity

They've closed the group I think as journo's were sniffing about :rolleyes:

Right, Leighanne will need a box as she gets cold very easily. I have also asked if they have/need transport to get her to ER next Sat for the Aberdeen game. Anyone know any limo firms? :wink:

Jay
19-10-2013, 07:37 PM
She needs picked up and taken back to the western general and we thought it would be class to get her to ER in style

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 07:38 PM
OK, we know so far that 1) Leighanne is at the Western General. 2) Sean Murdoch has been in touch :thumbsup:, 3) she needs a box (asking a well kent face for use of his :wink:), 4) we have raised a remarkable £175 and 5) we WILL make this girl's day :agree: :aok: #Hibeefamily

ozzie
19-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Did Sean manage to get intouch? He was asking for contact details earlier on Twitter. I will be donating in the morning when I get to my laptop. Can't get into my paypal on the phone at the mo.

oconnors_strip
19-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Did Sean manage to get intouch? He was asking for contact details earlier on Twitter. I will be donating in the morning when I get to my laptop. Can't get into my paypal on the phone at the mo.

Yes Sean has been in touch :)

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Yes Sean has been in touch :)

:agree: :thumbsup: Thank you ozzie :aok: We're going to get this sorted for Leighanne :agree:

ozzie
19-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Money sent, phones started playing ball ;-)

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Money sent, phones started playing ball ;-)

Got it :aok: £195 raised now :thumbsup:

Derek Dougan
19-10-2013, 07:59 PM
What a brilliant idea. Money sent. Take a bow Hibs Family :not worth:not worth:not worth

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 08:07 PM
What a brilliant idea. Money sent. Take a bow Hibs Family :not worth:not worth:not worth

Got it, thank you :aok: £215 raised now :thumbsup: Sean Murdoch has arranged the signed top and I'm on the exec. box and fancy transport :wink: #Hibeefamily

trev the hat
19-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Money sent Suzy, well done getting this going.

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Money sent Suzy, well done getting this going.

Got it! Thank you :aok: and it's my pleasure. It's the least we can do :agree: £255 now raised :thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
19-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Got it, thank you :aok: £215 raised now :thumbsup: Sean Murdoch has arranged the signed top and I'm on the exec. box and fancy transport :wink: #Hibeefamily

Hibernian FC. More than just a football club.

RoYO!
19-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Money sent. Keep up the good work guys :)

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Hibernian FC. More than just a football club.

Money sent. Keep up the good work guys :)

Got it, thank you :aok: £275 now folks!

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Just sent a tweet to Irvine Welsh :pray: #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Irvine wants to donate :thumbsup:and has RT'd the link :not worth

gillie
19-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Have you arranged transport, im fighting this disease myself and would love to be able to help this girl i could supply taxi to and from the game

Dunderhall
19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Well done (again) Suzy.

Many of us will have been affected in some way by this horrible disease.
This is quite personal for me.
Lets do our bit please to make this person's remaining time as good as possible.

Donation on way.

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Have you arranged transport, im fighting this disease myself and would love to be able to help this girl i could supply taxi to and from the game

Sorry to hear that. That is very kind of you :aok: I'm trying to appeal to some wealthy Hibbies who have nice cars to help out but will certainly let you know if we don't manage. All the best.

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Well done (again) Suzy.

Many of us will have been affected in some way by this horrible disease.
This is quite personal for me.
Lets do our bit please to make this person's remaining time as good as possible.

Donation on way.

Received, thank you :aok: £330 raised now and Irvine Welsh is sending a donation too :not worth #Hibeefamily

Edit: £340 now raised!

DaveF
19-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I can't really afford much but have sent a measly £10 along so hopefully you have got that.

Really hope you get this sorted for Leighanne next week.

Well done for taking this on Suzy. You are a real Hibernian star :flag:

#FromTheCapital
19-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Money sent.

My partner is currently going through this at a young age also, although the outcome is expected to be good it's still not easy getting there. Glad to see so many hibees donating :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I can't really afford much but have sent a measly £10 along so hopefully you have got that.

Really hope you get this sorted for Leighanne next week.

Well done for taking this on Suzy. You are a real Hibernian star :flag:

It is my pleasure but it's the Hibee family that have come up trumps :thumbsup: Thank you, funds received and that's us up to £360 now :aok:

On to a limo source and the exec. box so here's hoping. Irvine Welsh is sending a cheque this week as well :not worth

ronaldo7
20-10-2013, 08:24 AM
It is my pleasure but it's the Hibee family that have come up trumps :thumbsup: Thank you, funds received and that's us up to £360 now :aok:

On to a limo source and the exec. box so here's hoping. Irvine Welch is sending a cheque this week as well :not worth

Have, you got the limo sorted yet Suzy? I may be able to help. I will donate when I get back to Auld Reekie

Bobo
20-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Sent a donation this morning, all the best with the continued fundraising.

Golden Bear
20-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Donation just sent.

This is a very worthwhile cause if ever there was.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Have, you got the limo sorted yet Suzy? I may be able to help. I will donate when I get back to Auld Reekie

No, not yet R :aok: Waiting on my contact getting back to me. The exec box is a no-go unfortunately but still trying :wink:

ronaldo7
20-10-2013, 10:19 AM
No, not yet R :aok: Waiting on my contact getting back to me. The exec box is a no-go unfortunately but still trying :wink:

I will pm you when I get back home, might be late though.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Sent a donation this morning, all the best with the continued fundraising.

Donation just sent.

This is a very worthwhile cause if ever there was.

Thanks guys, received :aok: That's us up to £400 now :thumbsup:Ross Caldwell has seemingly been in touch now as well and all the players are buying the pants. Maybe they'll wear them out on the pitch on Sat...?! :greengrin

mutley
20-10-2013, 10:30 AM
I lost my dad last year to cancer and my uncle several years ago, really good cause this, so my donation is on it's way

Edit: having problems with my phone app, but it will be don

2nd edit: money sent

The Falcon
20-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys, received :aok: That's us up to £400 now :thumbsup:Ross Caldwell has seemingly been in touch now as well and all the players are buying the pants. Maybe they'll wear them out on the pitch on Sat...?! :greengrin

This is why I am a Hibby.

:flag:

Hedlund12
20-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Well done on organising this.... money sent.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I lost my dad last year to cancer and my uncle several years ago, really good cause this, so my donation is on it's way

Edit: having problems with my phone app, but it will be don

2nd edit: money sent

Received, thank you :aok:

Well done on organising this.... money sent.

Got it, thanks :aok:

This is why I am a Hibby.

:flag:

:agree:. £455 now raised :not worth

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I will pm you when I get back home, might be late though.

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Great effort folks:thumbsup:

I'll chuck in a score

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Great effort folks:thumbsup:

I'll chuck in a score

£475 now raised folks :thumbsup:

DaveF
20-10-2013, 12:19 PM

£475 now raised folks :thumbsup:

How much is an exec box?

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 12:29 PM
How much is an exec box?

No idea D! Someone has mentioned that there may be a problem in getting one for just one game tho'. My contact doesn't have his this season so that's that option out. I'm going to let the girls mum arrange it now as I think they're a wee bit overwhelmed with all the attention and need someone to take control. The players are on it now too so they have an avenue into ER now, so to speak. I'll just transfer the money over and advise about a car and let them get on with it :agree: :greengrin

Taz_hibee
20-10-2013, 01:28 PM
My Dad died from cancer 2 years ago and have a friend age 55 who is terminal, hate this disease
£20 paid into paypal

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 01:41 PM
My Dad died from cancer 2 years ago and have a friend age 55 who is terminal, hate this disease
£20 paid into paypal

:agree: Sorry to hear that Taz. Thank you very much :aok: £495 now raised :not worth

hibees59
20-10-2013, 02:44 PM
My dad's just been told he has terminal cancer (after beating it twice). He's had a good kick o' the ba, but it's still a bitch. Donation sent.

Just realised I forgot to put anything in the message field

mutley
20-10-2013, 02:49 PM
That's not bad for a days collecting . Well done for sorting this out Suzy

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 03:51 PM
My dad's just been told he has terminal cancer (after beating it twice). He's had a good kick o' the ba, but it's still a bitch. Donation sent.

Just realised I forgot to put anything in the message field

I'm very sorry to hear that h59. My thoughts go out to you and yours. Thank you for your kind donation :aok:

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 03:52 PM
That's not bad for a days collecting . Well done for sorting this out Suzy

:agree: My pleasure! It wasn't even my idea, I just took over :greengrin Typical woman :wink:

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Hibs are on the case :thumbsup: Just spoke to Sue Mclernon and an executive box, signed top and a meeting with some of the players is in hand for Leighanne :not worth #Hibeefamily indeed :agree:

Jay
20-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Fantastic, well done Hibs and well done everybody who has donated. Fabulous job! :-)

ozzie
20-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Hibs are on the case :thumbsup: Just spoke to Sue Mclernon and an executive box, signed top and a meeting with some of the players is in hand for Leighanne :not worth #Hibeefamily indeed :agree:
Brilliant news , that's part of the reason we are all proud to be part of the hibernian family

BurghHibby
20-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Had this disease and thankfully recovered OK so far.
Donation sent.

Re the limo - what about the Vengabus?

20-10-2013, 07:41 PM

:top marks

Absolutely brilliant, massive well done to everybody involved and the club itself ! Very proud :top marks

Hope this girl has a fabulous day :thumbsup:

ozzie
20-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Absolutely brilliant, massive well done to everybody involved and the club itself ! Very proud :top marks

hopefully the team can make s massive donation to her special day in the form of a win and 3 points. No pressure there then ;-)

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Had this disease and thankfully recovered OK so far.
Donation sent.

Re the limo - what about the Vengabus?

Good to hear :aok: The vengabus will be busy at ER I think. Boo!

Edit: Can you advise your name please (by PM) so I can match the donation as I can't see it. Sorry! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 07:56 PM

:agree: She will receive a tour around ER as well :thumbsup: Hopefully the limo will top the day off in style. Not sure about a win though :wink: :greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Just saw this on the 'Cancer Is Pants' Facebook page, "I am managing director and founder of CCLASP children's cancer charity based in Edinburgh. Can I help? I was thinking for the spa weekend with friends you could book Crieff Hydro for pampering and then stay the weekend in our cottage less than a mile away." :not worth

Jonnyboy
20-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Just saw this on the 'Cancer Is Pants' Facebook page, "I am managing director and founder of CCLASP children's cancer charity based in Edinburgh. Can I help? I was thinking for the spa weekend with friends you could book Crieff Hydro for pampering and then stay the weekend in our cottage less than a mile away." :not worth

Fantastic!!

FranckSuzy
20-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Fantastic!!

ronaldo7
21-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Donation sent, and PM'd you re the Limo.

Well done the Hibees.

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Donation sent, and PM'd you re the Limo.

Well done the Hibees.

Received with thanks :aok: and PM replied to :agree:. Hibee family :thumbsup:

dangermouse
21-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Donation made. It's not much but hopefully helps towards a memorable day.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Received with thanks :aok: and PM replied to :agree:. Hibee family :thumbsup:

S, will Thursday be ok for a donation?

Things are a bit tight until payday.

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 01:57 PM
S, will Thursday be ok for a donation?

Things are a bit tight until payday.

:agree: :aok:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Donation made. It's not much but hopefully helps towards a memorable day.

Received with thanks :aok: :agree: :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 02:18 PM
That's £560 raised so far :thumbsup: Hibee family indeed :agree:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 04:16 PM
i'm sure the SRU will fix the lassie up with tickets for the upcoming Autumn Test games

v Japan
v South Africa
v Australia

Friends of Leighanne have seemingly sorted a Scotland game for her to attend so that's another item on the list crossed off :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 04:19 PM
After transferring the bulk of the monies raised yesterday, I received this email today from the lady who is administering the PayPal a/c for Leighanne:

"Susan
This is an incredibly generous and wonderful donation to Leighanne.

The money will be transferred to Leighanne immediately.
Thank you to you all

Katherine."

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Friends of Leighanne have seemingly sorted a Scotland game for her to attend so that's another item on the list crossed off :thumbsup:

good stuff :clapper:

jeffers
21-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Donation sent. FranckSuzy, thank you for coordinating this.

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Donation sent. FranckSuzy, thank you for coordinating this.

Received, thank you :aok: It really is my pleasure :agree:

Thanks to AS and GT too :thumbsup: That's us up to £605 now :not worth

Leithenhibby
21-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Huge well done Guys :aok:

Fantastic effort by all to give this young lady a day to remember. How good would it be if the players came out with the pants on! :wink: It's too young and down right wrong...........

We all have a story to tell............ Cancer is such a B******....

Lost family and friends to cancer over the years and that is why Marie Curie Cancer Care have a place in my heart.

Many of you will remember toaosi, who sadly passed away after suffering with cancer. I cycled the Canadian Rockies in his memory and have fought tooth and nail for Marie Curie ever since.

Last year I cycled "Lands End to John O'Groats" for Edinburgh MC, and next year we take on Ireland - "Tip to Toe", again for MC.

So proud to follow Hibernian FC and be part of this wonderful family :cb

silverhibee
21-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Can i give you £20 on Saturday FS.

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Huge well done Guys :aok:

Fantastic effort by all to give this young lady a day to remember. How good would it be if the players came out with the pants on! :wink: It's too young and down right wrong...........

We all have a story to tell............ Cancer is such a B******....

Lost family and friends to cancer over the years and that is why Marie Curie Cancer Care have a place in my heart.

Many of you will remember toaosi, who sadly passed away after suffering with cancer. I cycled the Canadian Rockies in his memory and have fought tooth and nail for Marie Curie ever since.

Last year I cycled "Lands End to John O'Groats" for Edinburgh MC, and next year we take on Ireland - "Tip to Toe", again for MC.

So proud to follow Hibernian FC and be part of this wonderful family :cb

:not worth LH and for all of your efforts. Re the part in bold, :agree: abso-f£cking-lutely :thumbsup:£625 raised now :aok:

Oh, and yes, that would be amazing if the players were to join in! Ross Caldwell and Sean Murdoch are on the case, so who knows? :cool2:

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Can i give you £20 on Saturday FS.

:agree: :aok: I'm going to look like a dealer, with all the cash handed over last week and this Sat :greengrin :cb

silverhibee
21-10-2013, 08:41 PM
:agree: :aok: I'm going to look like a dealer, with all the cash handed over last week and this Sat :greengrin :cb

Maybe Rod seen you with the wad in BTG, that's why he let on. £££££££££££££££££ signs :greengrin

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe Rod seen you with the wad in BTG, that's why he let on. £££££££££££££££££ signs :greengrin

He's my best cust...:lips seal:duck:

Leithenhibby
21-10-2013, 09:18 PM

I'd also like to hand over a dirty £20 note on Saturday if possible... :wink:

Just tell me how.......... :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
21-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Is that an anagram for cuts? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I'd also like to hand over a dirty £20 note on Saturday if possible... :wink:

Just tell me how.......... :thumbsup:

:aok: Fantastic. I think I'll be in the Mash Tun on ER this Sat but will confirm. I can always meet you outside the main reception or club shop if that's easier :agree:

Saorsa
21-10-2013, 09:36 PM
:aok: Fantastic. I think I'll be in the Mash Tun on ER this Sat but will confirm. I can always meet you outside the main reception or club shop if that's easier :agree:If you are you'll be on yer ain :greengrin

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Is that an anagram for cuts? :greengrin

:hmmm: :greengrin

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 09:37 PM
If you are you'll be on yer ain :greengrin

I meant the corner of Bothwell Street :wink: :cool2:

Saorsa
21-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I meant the corner of Bothwell Street :wink: :cool2:We'll be right doon the bottom of ER next week if you're joining us. :agree: :cheers:

Leithenhibby
21-10-2013, 09:41 PM
:aok: Fantastic. I think I'll be in the Mash Tun on ER this Sat but will confirm. I can always meet you outside the main reception or club shop if that's easier :agree:

You have a date :greengrin

I'll be there around 2-30 .... I'll PM you my mob no:, not going to miss you!.........

FranckSuzy
21-10-2013, 09:52 PM
You have a date :greengrin

I'll be there around 2-30 .... I'll PM you my mob no:, not going to miss you!.........

I'll be the one with the bulging money bag :greengrin Nice one :aok:

Dunderhall
21-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I'll be the one with the bulging money bag :greengrin Nice one :aok:
...on the corner of Bothwell St.... :greengrin

FranckSuzy
22-10-2013, 09:39 AM
...on the corner of Bothwell St.... :greengrin

Might not narrow it down ;)

FranckSuzy
22-10-2013, 09:02 PM
That's us up to £675 now :thumbsup: So, anymore for anymore? :wink: I think it's only right to finish this at the end of the week as then Leighanne's family have the money to use for her care and/or achieving things on her 'bucket list'. I hope that's OK with everyone :aok: What a great effort from the Hibee family, which fair makes you proud :not worth

P.S PB and LH, I know you are donating later this week :agree:

Leithenhibby
22-10-2013, 09:08 PM
That's us up to £675 now :thumbsup: So, anymore for anymore? :wink: I think it's only right to finish this at the end of the week as then Leighanne's family have the money to use for her care and/or achieving things on her 'bucket list'. I hope that's OK with everyone :aok: What a great effort from the Hibee family, which fair makes you proud :not worth

P.S PB and LH, I know you are donating later this week :agree:

FranckSuzy
23-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Delighted and a bit gobsmacked to annouce that Mr Irvine Welsh was as good as his word, as a cheque arrived from Chicago today, by courier, containing a donation to Leighanne's fund :thumbsup: Now that's the definition of Hibs class :agree: :not worth

Leithenhibby
23-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Delighted and a bit gobsmacked to annouce that Mr Irvine Welsh was as good as his word, as a cheque arrived from Chicago today, by courier, containing a donation to Leighanne's fund :thumbsup: Now that's the definition of Hibs class :agree: :not worth

What a gentleman, there ain't many of us left.... :greengrin

FranckSuzy
23-10-2013, 10:10 PM
What a gentleman, there ain't many of us left.... :greengrin

:agree: :wink:

Pretty Boy
24-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Money sent this morning S.

Well done again on taking this on.

dangermouse
24-10-2013, 08:39 AM
I know a lot of folk are quick to moan when Hibs don't blow their own trumpet re things done in the community (whereas the Yams seem quick to do this even if it's to announce wages have been paid :greengrin).

Is this an opportunity to blow our own trumpet by contacting the press to bring it to their attention or would that be a bit crass?

Golden Bear
24-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Further news from a local newspaper.

http://www.thesouthernreporter.co.uk/news/jedburgh-steps-in-to-help-leighanne-1-3154790

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 09:46 AM
I know a lot of folk are quick to moan when Hibs don't blow their own trumpet re things done in the community (whereas the Yams seem quick to do this even if it's to announce wages have been paid :greengrin).

Is this an opportunity to blow our own trumpet by contacting the press to bring it to their attention or would that be a bit crass?

I'd rather we left that sort if things to others TBH....

dangermouse
24-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I'd rather we left that sort if things to others TBH....

Fair enough. Keep up the good work both on this and with Leith Links

WeaselHibby
24-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I've been reading this forum for years and never really posted anything, but I felt compelled to post on this thread just to say a big well done to everyone involved in organising this collection.
I sincerely hope this inspirational young woman goes on to achieve every wish on her list.

Donation sent

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Cheers S. At work but will check PayPal when I get in. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Fair enough. Keep up the good work both on this and with Leith Links

Thank you. To me, it's about getting a young Hibby along to Easter Road to fulfil one (& hopefully more) of her wishes, before it's too late. Nothing more. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I've been reading this forum for years and never really posted anything, but I felt compelled to post on this thread just to say a big well done to everyone involved in organising this collection.
I sincerely hope this inspirational young woman goes on to achieve every wish on her list.

Donation sent

GGTTH

Thanks very much. I will confirm receipt when I get home. Hibee family indeed. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Donation sent

GGTTH

Donations received guys :aok: Thanks very much.

Total raised so far = £925 :thumbsup: :not worth

Leithenhibby
24-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Brilliant work :agree:

Like I've said, catch you Saturday and maybe burst the £1,000 mark....

Hibernian Class

silverhibee
24-10-2013, 10:01 PM

Be nice if we could make £1000 before Saturday.

Well done FS and everyone who has donated. :flag:

FranckSuzy
24-10-2013, 10:04 PM

Hibernian Class

Galahibby
25-10-2013, 07:17 AM

Superb effort everyone! :thumbsup:

cocopops1875
25-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Popped in a wee donation, It's all about the Hibee Family at times like this and its great to be able to help :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Popped in a wee donation, It's all about the Hibee Family at times like this and its great to be able to help :thumbsup:

:agree: Received C :aok:

£945 folks :wink:

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Just to let everyone know (and to give those who wish to donate a last chance to do so :wink:) I'm going to close the fund on Monday evening. That way, I can transfer the rest of the money raised to Leighanne's mum on Tuesday morning, when Irvine's cheque has cleared :thumbsup: Many thanks to everyone who has donated already or is going to 'square me up' soon :aok: The Hibs support have once again shown that we're one, big family. GGTTH.

whiskyhibby
25-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Just to let everyone know (and to give those who wish to donate a last chance to do so :wink:) I'm going to close the fund on Monday evening. That way, I can transfer the rest of the money raised to Leighanne's mum on Tuesday morning, when Irvine's cheque has cleared :thumbsup: Many thanks to everyone who has donated already or is going to 'square me up' soon :aok: The Hibs support have once again shown that we're one, big family. GGTTH.

What's the total looking like?

Loopz
25-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Donation sent, well done again FS.

GloriousHibs
25-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Donation sent, best wishes

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 08:35 PM
What's the total looking like?

Donation sent, well done again FS.

Received :aok: Many thanks.

Donation sent, best wishes

Received with thanks :aok:

£965 :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2013, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=FranckSuzy;3779200]

very good effort indeed

Jonnyboy
25-10-2013, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=FranckSuzy;3779200]

very good effort indeed

Topped up Suzy :aok:

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Topped up Suzy :aok:

:not worth That's us now reached the magical £1000 mark folks :thumbsup: Anymore for anymore? :wink: GGTTH.

Leithenhibby
25-10-2013, 10:03 PM

£1,100 after the morra would be good.... :aok:

FranckSuzy
25-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Be nice if we could make £1000 before Saturday.Well done FS and everyone who has donated. :flag:

Hibernian Class

£1,100 after the morra would be good.... :aok:

£1,050 now :wink: :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
25-10-2013, 11:52 PM

Simply fantastic!

Some causes are more important than football and this is one of them.

The Hibernian community should be proud, very proud in fact.

Nameless
26-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Will she be at todays game?

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2013, 09:44 AM

yes

Leithenhibby
26-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Simply fantastic!

Some causes are more important than football and this is one of them.

The Hibernian community should be proud, very proud in fact.

Well said that man......... :aok:

vercol36
26-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Money sent. What a lovely idea, Suzy.

wpj
26-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Wee bit more in now......hope Hibs do her proud today!!

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Will she ever! Leighanne is getting a trip in a limo to ER, a tourof the stadium, an executive box to take in the game from, a signedtop and she's meeting the players after the game too. Have spoken to herMum this morning and she's really excited about it :) Hibs have pulled out all the stops and the support have been none too shabby as well ;) GGTTH. Hibee family indeed.

mutley
26-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Will she ever! Leighanne is getting a trip in a limo to ER, a tour
of the stadium, an executive box to take in the game from, a signed
top and she's meeting the players after the game too. Have spoken to her
Mum this morning and she's really excited about it :) Hibs have pulled out all the stops and the support have been none too shabby as well ;) GGTTH. Hibee family indeed.

That's awesome, I really hope she enjoys her day, a nice wee win for us would help so I think it's Aberdeens duty to loose for the cause

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Money sent. What a lovely idea, Suzy.

Received, thank you! It wasn't my idea TBH, but I am a bit impatient so just got on with it, lol! The whole family have played a blinder. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Wee bit more in now......hope Hibs do her proud today!!

Received, thank you. Yes, a home win would just top off the day for Leighanne :)

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 10:41 AM

£1, 080 now! GGTTH.

wheniwas5
26-10-2013, 01:23 PM
What time will u be outside the shop at??

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 01:43 PM
What time will u be outside the shop at??

Here now or could meet you after the game?

wheniwas5
26-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm now in east stand. I can meet u after game or do u sit in the east?? Thanks

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm now in east stand. I can meet u after game or do u sit in the east?? Thanks

After the game is fine. Club shop? I'm in the West.

wheniwas5
26-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Ok I got black jacket on.

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Ok I got black jacket on.

That'll narrow it down, lol! I'm here with a black coat and a paid for poppy on it ;)

FranckSuzy
26-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I took a chance and popped in to the FF after the game today to meet the lady herself. Leighanne has asked me to pass on her thanks to everyone who has donated and wished her well. She says she had a fantastic day, it was her first time in a limo and Hibs had been brilliant, pulling out all the stops to make it a day to remember. She also said she was looking forward to meeting the players after the game so she could 'kick their f£&*ing erses' :greengrin That a girl :thumbsup:

Total now raised =£1,120 :not worth

Leithenhibby
27-10-2013, 09:43 AM
I took a chance and popped in to the FF after the game today to meet the lady herself. Leighanne has asked me to pass on her thanks to everyone who has donated and wished her well. She says she had a fantastic day, it was her first time in a limo and Hibs had been brilliant, pulling out all the stops to make it a day to remember. She also said she was looking forward to meeting the players after the game so she could 'kick their f£&*ing erses' :greengrin That a girl :thumbsup:

Total now raised =£1,120 :not worth

Always nice to put a face to a name :wink:

Your very modest FS when it comes to this, as you keep saying "it was someone else's idea"

The FACT, of the matter is, it was you that stepped up to the plate and got the job done, so well done and good job. It's always nice when a plan comes together............ :top marks

FranckSuzy
27-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Always nice to put a face to a name :wink:

Your very modest FS when it comes to this, as you keep saying "it was someone else's idea"

The FACT, of the matter is, it was you that stepped up to the plate and got the job done, so well done and good job. It's always nice when a plan comes together............ :top marks

Thanks G. :blushie: There's no I in team tho' :wink:. Anyway, nice to meet you, and the other poster who donated yesterday, too.

Here's another article about Leighanne for those who are interested

11211 11212

FranckSuzy
27-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Another thank you from the lady administering the funds for Leighanne: -

"Hi Susan
Once again, heartfelt thank you's to the Hibs family who have dug deep and raised this much money for our lovely Leighanne. Leighanne comes home tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear all about her day. She was so excited this morning - it will have been a very special day for her.

This means so much to all of us that you have all done this and made today a very memorable day for her and her family.

Thank you to you all."

Leithenhibby
27-10-2013, 10:41 AM

"Hi Susan
Once again, heartfelt thank you's to the Hibs family who have dug deep and raised this much money for our lovely Leighanne. Leighanne comes home tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear all about her day. She was so excited this morning - it will have been a very special day for her.

This means so much to all of us that you have all done this and made today a very memorable day for her and her family.

Thank you to you all."

Bring a tear to a glass eye! :wink:

Pretty Boy
27-10-2013, 10:54 AM

"Hi Susan

Thank you to you all."

Certainly puts the moaning about the football into perspective.

We have pulled together to help make something happen that we the whole Hibs family should be proud of.

Jonnyboy
27-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Certainly puts the moaning about the football into perspective.

We have pulled together to help make something happen that we the whole Hibs family should be proud of.

Couldn't have put it better myself PB :agree:

whiskyhibby
27-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Well done everybody, a fantastic effort that once again makes me proud to be a Hibby!!

FranckSuzy
28-10-2013, 03:23 PM
'Our' Leighanne's in the Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/brave-hibs-fans-dying-wish-2647915) again. Some of the facts in the article are not strictly true but nonetheless, she had a great day :thumbsup:

Anymore for anymore folks? I'm going to close the fund tonight so all the funds raised are at Leighanne's disposal from tomorrow. Many thanks to everyone who has donated. Now, this fundraising effort has certainly been Hibs class :agree: :not worth :thumbsup:

Total raised so far = £1,120

Leithenhibby
28-10-2013, 07:59 PM
'Our' Leighanne's in the Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/brave-hibs-fans-dying-wish-2647915) again. Some of the facts in the article are not strictly true but nonetheless, she had a great day :thumbsup:

Anymore for anymore folks? I'm going to close the fund tonight so all the funds raised are at Leighanne's disposal from tomorrow. Many thanks to everyone who has donated. Now, this fundraising effort has certainly been Hibs class :agree: :not worth :thumbsup:

Total raised so far = £1,120

"She's One Of Our Own" :scarf:

FranckSuzy
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Another wee thank you from the lady administering Leighanne's fund. Hibs class.

"Apologies for the late reply, thanks Susan.
Will arrange transfer of this last money to Leighanne.
You've all done a wonderful job."

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Is it still possible to send a wee donation to this, as I've only just read the thread? A heartbreaking story, such a cruel illness.

Lanzahibby
07-11-2013, 09:39 PM
My wife has cancer, a relapse after she had it four years ago. She has undergone intensive chemotherapy to no avail, and tomorrow we travel to a specialist clinic in mainland Spain for "last chance" treatment.

She's 40 years old. Our daughter is nine. Horrible, odious, loathsome disease that it is, which is affecting way too many people these days.

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 09:40 PM
My wife has cancer, a relapse after she had it four years ago. She has undergone intensive chemotherapy to no avail, and tomorrow we travel to a specialist clinic in mainland Spain for "last chance" treatment.

She's 40 years old. Our daughter is nine. Horrible, odious, loathsome disease that it is, which is affecting way too many people these days.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I lost both my parents to cancer.

essexhibee
07-11-2013, 10:17 PM

I wish you all the best my friend and hope that the treatment your wife is going to Spain for makes a difference.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Horrible disease and I'm so sorry to hear what you are all going through. Never give up the fight and I'm sure you're wife won't. May you all get good news that your hoping for. Hate reading stuff like this and reading what people are going through. Feel absolutely helpless.

Good luck thoughts are with you and the family.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2013, 10:44 PM

All the very best to you and yours mate.

A horrible disease.

Lucius Apuleius
07-11-2013, 10:49 PM

Sorry to hear that sir. Not a lot I can add. Yesterday at my three monthly visit to oncology I was told mine has escaped the old prostate and taken refuge somewhere else in the body in an as yet undetertmined place. More scans coming up to find the bloody thing. Onwards and upwards. You can only keep fighting. My sincere good wishes for her.

I tend not to join in hate fests about people or football teams. I dislike a lot of people. I dislike a couple of football teams. I $#@%&*$ hate cancer.

FranckSuzy
07-11-2013, 10:50 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this. All the very best with the trip and I sincerely hope that it all goes well for you and your family.

FranckSuzy
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear that sir. Not a lot I can add. Yesterday at my three monthly visit to oncology I was told mine has escaped the old prostate and taken refuge somewhere else in the body in an as yet undetertmined place. More scans coming up to find the bloody thing. Onwards and upwards. You can only keep fighting. My sincere good wishes for her.

I tend not to join in hate fests about people or football teams. I dislike a lot of people. I dislike a couple of football teams. I $#@%&*$ hate cancer.

Sorry to hear that GT and good luck with all the investigations. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well for you :aok:

FranckSuzy
07-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Is it still possible to send a wee donation to this, as I've only just read the thread? A heartbreaking story, such a cruel illness.

:agree: I will PM you the PayPal address. Many thanks :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2013, 09:17 AM

My grandad was lost to prostate cancer twenty years ago. I wish you all the very best in your battle, Lucius, and hope that good news awaits. Be sure to keep the forum posted as to how you're getting on. Best wishes.

FranckSuzy
17-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just heard that Leighanne has passed away. RIP.

matty_f
17-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Sad news. Rip.

#FromTheCapital
17-01-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just heard that Leighanne has passed away. RIP.

Very sorry to hear that. RIP Leighanne.

Saorsa
17-01-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just heard that Leighanne has passed away. RIP.Hope she got all the stuff on here list done, glad that the folks here on .net could help with that in some way.

Condolences tae family and friends

Sean1875
17-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear, R.I.P Leighanne.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Sad news.

Thoughts with her family and friends.

stoneyburn hibs
17-01-2014, 01:48 PM
RIP

Condolences to her family.

Lucius Apuleius
17-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Sad indeed. Hopefully she is in a better place.

Leithenhibby
17-01-2014, 01:52 PM

:-( I just had that horrible feeling when I saw this thread back at the top.

Too young and taken too soon. RIP x

Darren1875
17-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Rip

ronaldo7
17-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Very sad news. I hope she got that Bucket list done. I'm sure she would have given it a good go.

RIP Lovely Lady.

Keith_M
17-01-2014, 03:11 PM

That is really sad, such a young woman.

RIP Leighanne

jeffers
17-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Terrible news, really sad to hear this.

BroxburnHibee
17-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Sad news. RIP

Billy Whizz
17-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Terrible news

alley balley0-7
17-01-2014, 07:26 PM
R I P leighanne.

Hibby Gav
17-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Safe travels Leighanne

ALF TUPPER
17-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RIP Leighanne

Sad day :(

McD
17-01-2014, 07:33 PM
:-( I just had that horrible feeling when I saw this thread back at the top.

Too young and taken too soon. RIP x

Me too.

a tear brought to the eye. Glad she's been released from her pain, but definitely too young too soon.

puts everything else into perspective.

Thoughts with her family.

CyberSauzee
17-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Very upsetting news. Puts a real downer on the day. RIP.

portyhibernian
17-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Very sad news, RIP Leighanne

Tricla
17-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Rip

Bobo
17-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Sad news, RIP Leighanne.

GraniteCityHibs
17-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Really sad to hear this. A terrible week after, Aberdeen fan Cammy Smith lost his battle with Leukaemia. His facebook and Twitter campaign became very well known locally and raised awareness for bone marrow donation.

RIP Leighanne and Cammy.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2014, 09:22 PM
RIP Leighanne

FranckSuzy
17-01-2014, 09:41 PM
I posted how sorry I was to hear the news on the 'cancer is pants' Facebook page and Stacey, Leighanne's friend who organised the fundraising, has replied "Susan, you and all of the Hibs family were absolutely amazing at making Leighanne's wishes come true and for that we thank you." :aok:

WWFTWTG
17-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Horrible, truly horrible disease. RIP

Billychaotic182
17-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Rip

Leithenhibby
17-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I posted how sorry I was to hear the news on the 'cancer is pants' Facebook page and Stacey, Leighanne's friend who organised the fundraising, has replied "Susan, you and all of the Hibs family were absolutely amazing at making Leighanne's wishes come true and for that we thank you." :aok:

Now that is what makes "us" proud.... It puts everything in perspective. :(

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2014, 11:17 PM
so sad, RIP young lady, condolences to all her family and friends

capitals_finest
17-01-2014, 11:23 PM
so sad, RIP young lady, condolences to all her family and friends

RIP Leighanne,

So sad to hear this.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2014, 11:40 PM
RIP. Sad news

kaimendhibs
18-01-2014, 12:09 AM
RIP. Very sad news. Condolences to all friends and family.

Sent from my iphone

Flanny boy
18-01-2014, 07:29 AM
R.i.p.may god bless you and your family

offshorehibby
18-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Sad news, RIP Leighanne.

My condolences to the family and close friends.

HiBremian
18-01-2014, 07:48 AM
RIP Leighanne. For all the pain of your brave struggle, positive memories live on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Scottie
18-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Very sad news indeed

RIP Leighanne.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Brave and beautiful!

RIP Leighanne.

Galahibby
18-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Sleep tight Leighanne x

FranckSuzy
20-01-2014, 10:41 PM
I've received an email from Leighanne's mum yesterday, thanking us for our support. "I would like to pass on our thanks to yourself and all of the Hibs family for making her match day happen and the kind donations that helped us along the way to her bucket list. She managed to complete the all the big items on her list, Hibs match, Scotland match. They lost that day too! Leighanne reckoned she jinxed you both, lol!"

What a great lady, taking the time to say thanks :agree: I'm sure that I spoke for all of us when I said that it really was our pleasure :aok: RIP Leighanne.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Very sad news. RIP Leighanne, sleep tight x

mmmmhibby
22-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Having recently lost my mother to the same disease it brought a tear to my eye, RIP Leighanne, a truly inspirational person.