PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Referee Is............

Mikey
17-10-2013, 03:15 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/11.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20-%20Saturday%2019th%20-%20Sunday%2020th%20October%202013.pdf

Calum Murray.

SMAXXA
17-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Saturday's Referee Is............irrelevant :wink:

down-the-slope
17-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Saturday's Referee Is............irrelevant :wink:

why would that be :confused:

truehibernian
17-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Scotland's top ref in my book - lets the game flow, applies common sense. He's as good as Craig Thomson is bad.

xyz23jc
17-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Unless he sends Stokes off in the first few minutes for simulation, gie's penalties either side of the first and second half, and sends Lennon to the stands.... He'll alwiys be a jambo in ma eyes!!! :wink::thumbsup::greengrin:agree::flag::cb:na na::rolleyes::aok: PS, Hopefully Hanlon puts his words intae action... as dae the rest o em!! THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE SECOND TO WEAR THE GREEN!!

SMAXXA
17-10-2013, 08:27 PM
why would that be :confused:

As it will make no difference to the outcome

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 04:47 PM
As it will make no difference to the outcome

Not saying this made a difference but he was ****ing murder.

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Not saying this made a difference but he was ****ing murder.

Ehm, he allowed a goal for us that was actually offside. That may just have influenced the result a little bit :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Ehm, he allowed a goal for us that was actually offside. That may just have influenced the result a little bit :wink:

Surely that was down to the linesman?

Callum Murray was brutal today.

greenlex
19-10-2013, 04:58 PM
His Asstants call not his. Anyhoo the assistant on the other side got a call so wrong it was actually unbelievable. The guy was at least two yards offside and through on goal only to fick it over the bar with Williams to beat. If that had gone in it could all have been very different. The ref was hopeless and missed so many blatant fouls it cannot be incompetence. Something more sinisnter. :wink:

allezsauzee
19-10-2013, 05:00 PM

that was the one and only decision we got today...albeit a big one!

HibbyAndy
19-10-2013, 05:00 PM
See the thing is with Callum Murray is that IMO he does try his best..Gets some wrong for sure, But he does honestly try to give both teams the advantage..Then you got Craig Thomson , Had Alan Freeland , Charlie Richmond ALL CHEATING BARSTEWARDS!! Murray has his moments but he aint biased.

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 05:03 PM
See the thing is with Callum Murray is that IMO he does try his best..Gets some wrong for sure, But he does honestly try to give both teams the advantage..Then you got Craig Thomson , Had Alan Freeland , Charlie Richmond ALL CHEATING BARSTEWARDS!! Murray has his moments but he aint biased.

I agree and I actually think he's a decent ref, hopeless today thou I thought, some very poor decisions, see the one he pulled back when we were through on goal in the first half and the blatant push on Heff near the touch line by the big lump ambrose.

allezsauzee
19-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Out of the refs that get the big games ie Thomson Collum and Murray , he is the best. Poor today though

Aldo
19-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Agree with this Andy. I thought he let both teams away with a few decisions because of the conditions. Nowt controversial anyway but did make a few strange ones

Mr White
19-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I agree and I actually think he's a decent ref, hopeless today thou I thought, some very poor decisions, see the one he pulled back when we were through on goal in the first half .

If it's the same one I'm thinking of in the first half he was right to pull that back- Celtcs throw in went out and came back on, could see it really well from famous 5. Folk in the east were going nuts but it was actually correct decision.

Bishop Hibee
19-10-2013, 05:36 PM
If it's the same one I'm thinking of in the first half he was right to pull that back- Celtcs throw in went out and came back on, could see it really well from famous 5. Folk in the east were going nuts but it was actually correct decision.

The linesman gave it not the ref and it was a correct, if frustrating, decision. I thought Murray did ok today. When you have a team like Celtc who have obviously been told by their manager to make the most of every piece of physical contact by going down and rolling about then it makes the job of the ref very difficult.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 05:40 PM
neil lennon after stating our goal was clearly offside... "referees get it wrong now and then so i'm not going to point the finger" ermmm helloooo lol

SouthMoroccoStu
19-10-2013, 05:40 PM
And another thing......

The throw in at the east side near the end

Hibs ball.....Celtic complain.....Celtic ball

And I have yet to see a re for fourth official deal with Neil Lennon

He's out of his technical area and ON THE PITCH a ridiculous amount of times

Yet nothing even happens - the guy gets away with murder

matty_f
19-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Thought the ref was abysmal today. Must have realised he'd let Heffernan away with the offside for the goal and then spent the rest of the match trying to even it up.

Thecat23
19-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Talking of Ref's, the ref doing the Hearts game today was in my year at school. Brian Colvin. He's is a big Jambo! Have to say though, he's a very good ref to be honest. Thomas Robertson was the other from my year who's doing well. He's a big Hibby ;)

SouthMoroccoStu
19-10-2013, 05:46 PM
The linesman gave it not the ref and it was a correct, if frustrating, decision. I thought Murray did ok today. When you have a team like Celtc who have obviously been told by their manager to make the most of every piece of physical contact by going down and rolling about then it makes the job of the ref very difficult.

Very simple really

Book the first one, warn the rest of the team and keep the bookings and sendings off coming until they learn

But if we had gone down as easy would we have got away with it?

Answers on a postcard

BurstBaw
19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Talking of Ref's, the ref doing the Hearts game today was in my year at school. Brian Colvin. He's is a big Jambo! Have to say though, he's a very good ref to be honest. Thomas Robertson was the other from my year who's doing well. He's a big Hibby ;)

Tommy not a ref anymore; You know alot.....

SMAXXA
19-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Tommy not a ref anymore; You know alot.....

Was it Tommy who's wife was very ill? He used to ref my games and remember speaking to him through at Hamden a few years back.

Saorsa
20-10-2013, 09:42 AM
As it will make no difference to the outcomeTried his best though, ****in' brutal.

Lino on the east side was also murder

maturehibby
20-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Thought the ref was abysmal today. Must have realised he'd let Heffernan away with the offside for the goal and then spent the rest of the match trying to even it up.

After the 3 minutes of extra time was played the ball was played up the west stand near the Hibs dug out - it looked as if it was running out of play and Murrray looked at his watch and put the whistle in his mouth to blow for full time however it stayed in and Celtic took it forward so he allowed the game to continue and a Celtic player fell down and he gave them a free kick again well after the 3 minutes extra time and thankfully it came to nothing and after over 4 minutes he then brought the game to its conclusion .
very" iffy" to me and to Give scotland freedom who looked at me and me to him after seeing this "Lets see if Celtic can steal it " moment from Murray