PDA

View Full Version : Hearts have approached James McDonaugh to replace Darren Murray

Winston Ingram
17-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I was speaking to a mate of mine last night who is usually pretty spot on about his Hearts info. He told me days before Hearts signed Danny Wilson and Skacel for the 2nd time. He doesn't give much info away but when he does it's usually bang on.

Anyway, he told me last night that they are trying to nick James from us. I hope they fail, the boy has done a cracking job for us.

DaveF
17-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Interesting one. JM might see himself as stagnating at EM so might fancy a new challenge. Would hope he stays with Hibs and if he is approached it would be good to see the club take some positive steps to keep him.

clerriehibs
17-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I was speaking to a mate of mine last night who is usually pretty spot on about his Hearts info. He told me days before Hearts signed Danny Wilson and Skacel for the 2nd time. He doesn't give much info away but when he does it's usually bang on.

Anyway, he told me last night that they are trying to nick James from us. I hope they fail, the boy has done a cracking job for us.

Huge hibby, of a huge hibby family, with a young family, why would he leave the security of hibs for the prospect of redundancy with them, just to do the same.job?

Non-story, if true.

Saorsa
17-10-2013, 10:17 AM
He'd have tae have rocks in his heid tae leave a safe job at Hibs tae go tae a club that's aboot tae go doon the ****ter.

J-C
17-10-2013, 10:17 AM

He may see Hearts as a better option for him due to the fact they're having to give a lot of youngsters game time, at Hibs the younger players only seem to be getting bit parts in the 1st team(odd 10mins). As a positive at Hibs, they have 2 teams in 2 leagues, so just really depends on his own ambitions in the game.

ballengeich
17-10-2013, 10:19 AM
No-one with a mortgage and family should be considering leaving a secure job to move to Hearts at present.

Danderhall Hibs
17-10-2013, 10:21 AM
If they can seal this deal in the same way they managed to get Garry O'Connor and Derek Riordan I'll be gutted.

nonshinyfinish
17-10-2013, 07:48 PM
If they can seal this deal in the same way they managed to get Garry O'Connor and Derek Riordan I'll be gutted.

It would be as big as when we signed Brellier IMO.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2013, 07:56 PM
What are they planning to pay him with?

Cakes, pastries and a bucket of Bulgarian tears?

GoldenEagle
17-10-2013, 08:26 PM
It didn't stop Alan Combe (big Hibby from big Hibs family) moving to Hearts.

WI, I'm sure, would be pretty close to this one so it's probably up to JMc now.

Mr White
17-10-2013, 08:34 PM
It didn't stop Alan Combe (big Hibby from big Hibs family) moving to Hearts.

WI, I'm sure, would be pretty close to this one so it's probably up to JMc now.
Combe was unemployed though was he not? Big difference between leaving stability at hibs for uncertainty at hearts compared to going there cos it's better than nothing at all.

GoldenEagle
17-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Combe was unemployed though was he not? Big difference between leaving stability at hibs for uncertainty at hearts compared to going there cos it's better than nothing at all.

Left playing and coaching job with Morton IIRC

Mr White
17-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Left playing and coaching job with Morton IIRC

So a step up a division. Much more understandable than jm leaving us to go there in the current climate. Assuming the approach has been made I'll be amazed if he takes them up on it.

hibbymick
17-10-2013, 08:54 PM
So a step up a division. Much more understandable than jm leaving us to go there in the current climate. Assuming the approach has been made I'll be amazed if he takes them up on it.

I would be amazed if his wife hasnt smashed him full in the face wi a cast iron frying pan for even contemplating joining those flumps.

Mr White
17-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I would be amazed if his wife hasnt smashed him full in the face wi a cast iron frying pan for even contemplating joining those flumps.

:tee hee:

Mark79
17-10-2013, 09:18 PM
He has been on his twitter today and digging out old skol cup strips, panini sticker books etc. Looks like the boy is a big hibby. Why walk away from all the good work so far and wait and see if he can produce the next golden generation.

Radium
17-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Huge hibby, of a huge hibby family, with a young family, why would he leave the security of hibs for the prospect of redundancy with them, just to do the same.job?

Non-story, if true.

:top marks

... if true, I would wish him all the best, but he is definitely a hibby.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-10-2013, 09:30 PM
:faf:

Hearts are a complete shambles.

Bunch of arrogant ar5eholes.

Mikey
17-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Seriously, if he decides that they're a better option than Hibs then we'd be as well joining him as the game would be totally up the pole.

hibees 7062
17-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Seriously, if he decides that they're a better option than Hibs then we'd be as well joining him as the game would be totally up the pole.

This :agree:

Lmc2105
17-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I know James quite well and speak to him a lot & he has just made a massive commitment to the club! & would be very surprised if this was to happen

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2013, 10:05 PM
He has been on his twitter today and digging out old skol cup strips, panini sticker books etc. Looks like the boy is a big hibby. Why walk away from all the good work so far and wait and see if he can produce the next golden generation.

I'm pretty sure there was a tweet or article from him and his motivations - on of which was being spurred on after the Mercer takeover bid. I recall this as I was thinking now THIS is the kinda guy we need to have around the training center and club - someone that knows what the club is about (this was just one strand of it)

HONG KONG PHOOEY
18-10-2013, 03:50 PM
He has recently moved house so he can be closer to our training centre. Big hibby and so is the whole family. Is not going to happen he is dedicated to Hibs and wants to develop his stuff at Hibs.