PDA

View Full Version : Is Claros back in Honduras?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2013, 08:17 AM
So the club tweeted congrats to Jorge on qualifying for the wc. Where is and will he be plying his trad come 2014 tho...?

Baker9
17-10-2013, 09:30 AM
So the club tweeted congrats to Jorge on qualifying for the wc. Where is and will he be plying his trad come 2014 tho...?

I have no idea where he is but would like to know. He is embedded in our folklore and for many will remain a hero forever. The discussion goes on as to whether he was a star or just an exotic sounding guy that filled a gap at the right time. Have teams been clamouring to sign him or has nobody bothered? The answer to that might influence the star/ gap filler discussion.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I have no idea where he is but would like to know. He is embedded in our folklore and for many will remain a hero forever. The discussion goes on as to whether he was a star or just an exotic sounding guy that filled a gap at the right time. Have teams been clamouring to sign him or has nobody bothered? The answer to that might influence the star/ gap filler discussion.

Seems odd if he's not found a club, fitness will be a problem but only if he's under threat in the national team for now.
I don't know what stage of season/pre-season Honduras is at certainly the the not-wrong-for-long "bible" that is wikipedia would suggest he's in limbo but due back at his Honduran club.

Don't know what I feel as I didn't see enough of him to be able to get a strong feeling. Were he to be considered against KT (and a replacement should KT move on) how would he fare?

MacBean
17-10-2013, 09:43 AM
He scored an og in their 2-2 draw the other night

J-C
17-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Seems odd if he's not found a club, fitness will be a problem but only if he's under threat in the national team for now.
I don't know what stage of season/pre-season Honduras is at certainly the the not-wrong-for-long "bible" that is wikipedia would suggest he's in limbo but due back at his Honduran club.

Don't know what I feel as I didn't see enough of him to be able to get a strong feeling. Were he to be considered against KT (and a replacement should KT move on) how would he fare?

Think he's back at Motague just Wiki hasn't been updated.

NYHibby
17-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Think he's back at Motague just Wiki hasn't been updated.

Yes, he is back with them. There was a bit of confusion this summer about this as some time had past between when he left us and his first game back with them. Because of the Gold Cup, he spent the better part of a month in the US.

NYHibby
17-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Although he may have only played in two games for them. He has spent a significant amount of time with the national team.

http://int.soccerway.com/players/jorge-aaron-claros/10247/matches/