PDA

View Full Version : Crocks return

147lothian
17-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Any news on when Harris, Clancey and McPake will return?

hibIBZ
17-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Cairney has played for the u20s against Inverness. He has played in eos league team aswell

Mikey
17-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Nice thread title :aok:

147lothian
17-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Cheers mate, Handling is back in training as well is he not?

overdrive
17-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Harris seemed to be walking fine when I passed him yesterday on Princes Street.

HH81
17-10-2013, 07:40 AM
I have read somewhere in last week Harris is still 8 weeks away:confused:

BarneyK
17-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I have read somewhere in last week Harris is still 8 weeks away:confused:

Think he was due in for another procedure last Thursday.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Think he was due in for another procedure last Thursday.

Fairly sure he has had the second part, which was removing the pin that got put in. Hopefully him, cairney, handling and clancy are all back soon.

DaveF
17-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Handling and Cairney played in the recent U20 game. No idea who this Clancy person you speak of is :rolleyes:

Brightside
17-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Handling is ready to come back to main squad. Cairney prob needs a couple of weeks to get back to his racing weight but may be on the subs bench soon. McPake appears to be the only player who is fully fit without actually playing any warm up games. He's a medical marvel.
I'd expect another 6 weeks before we see Harris and you dont want to be rushing him.

Bishop Hibee
17-10-2013, 09:35 AM
The lack of news re McPake is strange. If he is fully fit, he'd surely replace Nelson at CH.

JimBHibees
17-10-2013, 10:00 AM
The lack of news re McPake is strange. If he is fully fit, he'd surely replace Nelson at CH.

Although Nelson has been poor in the last couple I still think he is better than the McPake of last season.

J-C
17-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Think I read somewhere that Clancy broke down again with his groin injury and McPake will probably never be back due to his chronic back problems.
Glad to see Cairney getting a few games under his belt as he's missed all pre season, so game time is essential and I'm pretty sure they said Harris would be near the end of the year before we'd see him again.

Danderhall Hibs
17-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Think I read somewhere that Clancy broke down again with his groin injury and McPake will probably never be back due to his chronic back problems.
Glad to see Cairney getting a few games under his belt as he's missed all pre season, so game time is essential and I'm pretty sure they said Harris would be near the end of the year before we'd see him again.

mcPake's been on the bench for the last month or so? Assuming these stories of his injury/retirement are garbage I'd think he might replace Hanlon in the long run.

J-C
17-10-2013, 10:47 AM
mcPake's been on the bench for the last month or so? Assuming these stories of his injury/retirement are garbage I'd think he might replace Hanlon in the long run.

You'd think if he was fully fit, he'd be displacing Nelson in the team. he may play a bit part in lesser cup games etc but would be surprised if we see him after this season. looks to be a bit part player hence the bench is as far as he's got, there's also rumours that if he plays a certain amount of games, an extra year option kicks in.

Brightside
17-10-2013, 10:53 AM

He'd never be replacing Hanlon. With him and Nelson the ball would never been on the pitch! I just dont understand how he can be on the bench every week if he's A) Not fit. or B) Never had any warm up games. I heard he cant play on Astro as that screws his back up!

Tom Hart RIP
17-10-2013, 10:58 AM
McPake played the full 90 mins in the under20s derby draw with Hearts a couple of weeks ago and has been on the bench since then.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2013, 11:10 AM
He'd never be replacing Hanlon. With him and Nelson the ball would never been on the pitch! I just dont understand how he can be on the bench every week if he's A) Not fit. or B) Never had any warm up games. I heard he cant play on Astro as that screws his back up!

He was on the bench because the defence hadn't been conceding many and had been fairly solid. Up until the second half of Stranraer game where it just all started going down hill. I know we kept a clean sheet at Partick but between that, Inverness and Stranraer we didn't half look shandy at the back.

I think its time for a wee change but I think Pat will stick with the same centre halves on Saturday.

Andy74
17-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Handling is ready to come back to main squad. Cairney prob needs a couple of weeks to get back to his racing weight but may be on the subs bench soon. McPake appears to be the only player who is fully fit without actually playing any warm up games. He's a medical marvel.
I'd expect another 6 weeks before we see Harris and you dont want to be rushing him.

McPake has been playing for the under 20s before coming back into the squad.

He also played most of the second half v St Johnstone.

He will get back in the team when the two there aren't playing as well as he could.

silverhibee
17-10-2013, 11:12 AM

McPake confirmed on a radio chat show a few weeks back that him and Thommo don't train or play on the 3 G pitches.

PeterboroHibee
17-10-2013, 11:16 AM
He was on the bench because the defence hadn't been conceding many and had been fairly solid. Up until the second half of Stranraer game where it just all started going down hill. I know we kept a clean sheet at Partick but between that, Inverness and Stranraer we didn't half look shandy at the back.

I think its time for a wee change but I think Pat will stick with the same centre halves on Saturday.

The defence were shambolic vs Partick, and had it not been for Williams we would have been beaten by 3 or 4. Personally I think it was down to Nelson, he was all over the place at times and his lack of pace was highlighted on numerous occasions. I dont agree with changing a defence all the time but thats three games in a row theyve been all over the place, so if McPake is fit perhaps its time to give him a go!

RIP
17-10-2013, 11:30 AM
McPake
Be careful what you write about James's career unless you want Hibs.Net to get a writ :wink:

More likely that unless the guys holding down these positions have a stinker McPake won't think he's entitled to a place. Our centre backs are still succeptible to the ball over the top when pushing the full backs up e.g. Hanlon and Nelson at Partick but McPake doesn't turn quickly either so that wouldn't be a solution

As for poor Tim - it doesnae look good
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-tim-clancy-suffers-another-injury-1-3095377

For a break on a load-bearing limb, I reckon Harris may need another 6 weeks before returning to light training and a further 4 to 6 to get back in the first team. My guess is January but he may heal quicker being young
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-set-to-step-up-comeback-bid-1-3138981

B.H.F.C
17-10-2013, 11:48 AM
The defence were shambolic vs Partick, and had it not been for Williams we would have been beaten by 3 or 4. Personally I think it was down to Nelson, he was all over the place at times and his lack of pace was highlighted on numerous occasions. I dont agree with changing a defence all the time but thats three games in a row theyve been all over the place, so if McPake is fit perhaps its time to give him a go!

Agree. He had a howler for the third goal up at Inverness where he completely missed the ball. He then did exactly the same at Partick to allow the boy in one on one but thankfully Williams made the save. If Stokes gets a similar chance on Saturday then I don't think Williams will have the chance to make a save though. Add in his bullet header of an OG from the Stranraer game and that's 3 pretty big things on the trot.

I still think Pat will look at the clean sheet at Partick and the defence will remain the same. On this occasion I think its time to make a change despite that, because the defending was poor that night.

silverhibee
17-10-2013, 12:02 PM
McPake
Be careful what you write about James's career unless you want Hibs.Net to get a writ :wink:

More likely that unless the guys holding down these positions have a stinker McPake won't think he's entitled to a place. Our centre backs are still succeptible to the ball over the top when pushing the full backs up e.g. Hanlon and Nelson at Partick but McPake doesn't turn quickly either so that wouldn't be a solution

As for poor Tim - it doesnae look good
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-tim-clancy-suffers-another-injury-1-3095377

For a break on a load-bearing limb, I reckon Harris may need another 6 weeks before returning to light training and a further 4 to 6 to get back in the first team. My guess is January but he may heal quicker being young
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-set-to-step-up-comeback-bid-1-3138981

Only typing what he said in a interview on the radio a few weeks ago, maybe Hibs should send McPake a writ about talking about his injury, he was very upfront about it in that interview, pretty sure he was also tweeting about his back problems too, so .net and and folk posting about McPake are not telling lies, are you speaking on behalf of Hibs FC Gogs regarding the threats of writs.

Brightside
17-10-2013, 12:09 PM
McPake has been playing for the under 20s before coming back into the squad.

He also played most of the second half v St Johnstone.

He will get back in the team when the two there aren't playing as well as he could.

He played 1 ONE game for u20s. He played 20 mins v St Johnstone. He should be playing every weeks for the u20s to get his fitness up otherwise he shouldnt be on the bench.

oconnors_strip
17-10-2013, 12:21 PM
He played 1 ONE game for u20s. He played 20 mins v St Johnstone. He should be playing every weeks for the u20s to get his fitness up otherwise he shouldnt be on the bench.

Mcpake played against Motherwell and hearts under 20s

FranckSuzy
17-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Only typing what he said in a interview on the radio a few weeks ago, maybe Hibs should send McPake a writ about talking about his injury, he was very upfront about it in that interview, pretty sure he was also tweeting about his back problems too, so .net and and folk posting about McPake are not telling lies, are you speaking on behalf of Hibs FC Gogs regarding the threats of writs.

I heard the interview as well. James was very open about it.

Andy74
17-10-2013, 01:12 PM

So are all the other first team players that can't get a game playing every week for the under 20s?

He is evidently fit. The St Johnstone game showed he is perfectly ready to come on and play.

You wouldn't just be looking to find something to complain about here would you?

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2013, 01:51 PM
So are all the other first team players that can't get a game playing every week for the under 20s?

He is evidently fit. The St Johnstone game showed he is perfectly ready to come on and play.

You wouldn't just be looking to find something to complain about here would you?

I dont agree, i'm fitter than i have been in years but not fit to play football regularly. Players who are out for as long as McPake has been out can't possibly be match fit until they play matches. :confused:

silverhibee
17-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I heard the interview as well. James was very open about it.

You may have to be a defence witness for me, hope .net back me with a good lawyer as well. :rolleyes:

Or is this the clubs new policy on communications with the fans, say anything wrong against anyone at the club on a MB and you will get sent a writ by the club( still waiting for Gogs to confirm that bit yet) maybe it is McPake who is threatening fans with a writ. :confused: :rolleyes: :greengrin

Brightside
17-10-2013, 02:55 PM

He needs GAME TIME. He wont get it as they wont risk home playing on 3G. Explain to me why every manager says that the team needs time to get to match fitness at the start of the season? Ross Caldwell plays in the u20s most weeks, and does Stanton. Because they need game time. You wouldnt just be looking for somethign to disagree about would you? :na na:

oconnors_strip
17-10-2013, 03:00 PM
He needs GAME TIME. He wont get it as they wont risk home playing on 3G. Explain to me why every manager says that the team needs time to get to match fitness at the start of the season? Ross Caldwell plays in the u20s most weeks, and does Stanton. Because they need game time. You wouldnt just be looking for somethign to disagree about would you? :na na:

We don't play our home games on 3G though! But there is a rule that you an only play 2 overage outfield players.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2013, 03:18 PM
We don't play our home games on 3G though! But there is a rule that you an only play 2 overage outfield players.

That is irrelevant in McPakes case, as to be fit enough to play football in the SPFL, you need to play games in the SPFL. McPake has had 30 odd minutes in the first team after his lay off, if he's fit then Cairney should be super fit and ready for 90 minutes plus extra time if nessecery the amount of games he's played recently.

oconnors_strip
17-10-2013, 03:22 PM
That is irrelevant in McPakes case, as to be fit enough to play football in the SPFL, you need to play games in the SPFL. McPake has had 30 odd minutes in the first team after his lay off, if he's fit then Cairney should be super fit and ready for 90 minutes plus extra time if nessecery the amount of games he's played recently.

I was replying to someone's point about mcpake not getting time cause of 3G pitches.

I don't care who gets what time, when and where.

Andy74
17-10-2013, 03:29 PM

I've no idea what you are on about to be honest. What has 3G got to do with anything? He is also a senior player. He will get match fitter when he gets a chance in the team. Under 20s will get him a bit of running about but he can get that in training. The kids play these games to develop.

jabis
17-10-2013, 03:34 PM
You may have to be a defence witness for me, hope .net back me with a good lawyer as well. :rolleyes:

Or is this the clubs new policy on communications with the fans, say anything wrong against anyone at the club on a MB and you will get sent a writ by the club( still waiting for Gogs to confirm that bit yet) maybe it is McPake who is threatening fans with a writ. :confused: :rolleyes: :greengrin

i think Gogs was referring to the time Mcpake was peeded off, about internet rumours, that he had to retire because of the back injury.
Hence the :wink:(read is post again)

the defence rests m'laud :greengrin

silverhibee
17-10-2013, 03:37 PM
i think Gogs was referring to the time Mcpake was peeded off, about internet rumours, that he had to retire because of the back injury.
Hence the :wink:(read is post again)

the defence rests m'laud :greengrin

Must have missed that. :doh:

JimBHibees
17-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I dont agree, i'm fitter than i have been in years but not fit to play football regularly. Players who are out for as long as McPake has been out can't possibly be match fit until they play matches. :confused:

Completely agree with the match fitness point

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I was replying to someone's point about mcpake not getting time cause of 3G pitches.

I don't care who gets what time, when and where.

I do, i'd like those who play for the first team to be in as good a shape as they possibly can be.

147lothian
17-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I would love to see a fully fit McPake back, but it has to be a fully fit one, towards the end of last season before he went out I don't think he was that, how does anyone who saw the u20 games, think he looked fitness wise, not performance but fitness over the 90

RIP
17-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I used a wink smiley instead in lieu of a tongue in cheek smiley

Dunderhall
18-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Today's EEN article (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-james-mcpake-won-t-walk-back-into-team-1-3148217) on McPake.

Hibs manager Pat Fenlon today revealed James McPake is now fully fit and ready for action – but the skipper has been told he will have to bide his time for a return to the starting XI.
The centre-back has been on the bench for Hibs’ past five matches as he gradually worked his way towards full fitness after suffering another back injury early in the 7-0 defeat at home to Malmo in July.

Fenlon, right, instantly moved to sign Michael Nelson as a replacement for his injured captain and the ex-Kilmarnock man has formed such a good partnership with Paul Hanlon – they have kept clean sheets in three of their last five league games – that the boss has felt no need to rush McPake back into the side.

“James is fine – he’s ready to play,” the manager confirmed. “He just hasn’t been able to get in the team at the moment because the centre-half partnership has done well for us. It’s testament to the impact that Michael’s had that James hasn’t been able to get back in the team. Michael and Paul have done well together. James is a quality player.

“Physically and fitness-wise, he’s ready, so to know that we have him waiting to play is a big plus for us. It just shows how much competition for places there is. The players know they need to stay on their toes because if they drop their levels, there’s always someone waiting to take their place. When everybody’s fit we’ve got real competition all over the park.”

147lothian
18-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Seems like McPake will be on the bench tomorrow then

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Nice thread title :aok:

Thought it was going to be about the worlds worst footwear when I read the title! :-)

J-C
18-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Seems like McPake will be on the bench tomorrow then

TBH if he's fit, then get him playing instead of Nelson, that's all.

overdrive
19-10-2013, 01:21 AM
In terms of Harris, I passed him on Princes Street on Wednesday and he was walking freely and comfortably by the looks of it.