PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets for Celtic game (for folks not on the DB)

TariqE
15-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry for what is certainly a repeat question...

3 guys from my work are over from Ireland (they are not SDBs- all 3 seem to be big ManU fans) and are looking to go to the game on Sat.
Of course they are not on the Hibs database, but I'm happy to vouch for them.

I should point out that they are not mates- just met them today and I have no plans to meet them before the game.

Can I buy tickets online for them to pickup at the ticket office before the game on Saturday?

BTW- call the TO this afternoon but it just rang out and disconnected.

monktonharp
15-10-2013, 03:37 PM

3 guys from my work are over from Ireland (they are not SDBs- all 3 seem to be big ManU fans) and are looking to go to the game on Sat.

I should point out that they are not mates- just met them today and I have no plans to meet them before the game.

Can I buy tickets online for them to pickup at the ticket office before the game on Saturday?

BTW- call the TO this afternoon but it just rang out and disconnected.If you are on the database I cant see a problem but you may need to give addresses etc. tell them to be sensible about it, if they enjoy seeing a Celtic goal, they can sit on their hands and say weedgie bassa etc .:wink:

TariqE
15-10-2013, 04:52 PM
If you are on the database I cant see a problem but you may need to give addresses etc. tell them to be sensible about it, if they enjoy seeing a Celtic goal, they can sit on their hands and say weedgie bassa etc .:wink:

So if I ordered them online for them, would I have to turn up at the TO myself? Or could the irish boys just pitch up with the reference/order number?

3pm
15-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I ordered one online as well as having a ST. It's not a problem.

Just better hope yer mates don't drop you in it.

The_Exile
15-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Your name and the first line of your address are the standard security checks before handing the tickets over, you could ask the ticket office before you purchase if you could nominate someone else to pick them up?

monktonharp
15-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I ordered one online as well as having a ST. It's not a problem.

Just better hope yer mates don't drop you in it.is that a Bulgarian balcony on your avatar:wink:

3pm
15-10-2013, 06:54 PM
is that a Bulgarian balcony on your avatar:wink:

Yes!

oramhibee
16-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Don't know but think you might be screwed...
From official Website:

Tickets for this match are on sale to supporters who are on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database only.

Later on it says:

Tickets for this match cannot be purchased by supporters who have not bought tickets for any home fixture before or who are not on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database. The purchaser will be informed that they themselves will be responsible for all attendees if all tickets are purchased in their name.

Unless I'm too late and you're sorted. :)

Cabbage East
16-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Irish Man U fans. Pathetic.

erin go bragh
16-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Tell them to buy tickets for the sheep game , then they will be on the database and able to get tickets for the game themselves .
3500 of them at our ground is enough imo .

Ggtth

monktonharp
16-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Tell them to buy tickets for the sheep game , then they will be on the database and able to get tickets for the game themselves .
3500 of them at our ground is enough imo .

Ggtth I don't get your point, sorry. the man has originally said they were BIG man u. fans. It was only me, that mentioned if they enjoyed seeing a Celtic goal, that they should sit on their hands. what is your point? if there are 3500 in the away end, that leaves approx. 200x£28 that HFC could do with, btw I hope this type of message is sent out to various countries, Hibs fans don't want foreigners to visit their ground

monktonharp
16-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Irish Man U fans. Pathetic. A bit like Scottish Man.U fans? or totally different? what is your take on Irish Hibernian fans?:rolleyes:

Bill Milne
17-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Bit obvious to say it but these guys are clearly Tims trying to con their way in to our end because they can't get tickets for the Soapdodger end. Anyone who buys tickets for them is completely stupid, to say the least!!

monktonharp
17-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Bit obvious to say it but these guys are clearly Tims trying to con their way in to our end because they can't get tickets for the Soapdodger end. Anyone who buys tickets for them is completely stupid, to say the least!!

oh dear

IberianHibernian
17-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Bit obvious to say it but these guys are clearly Tims trying to con their way in to our end because they can't get tickets for the Soapdodger end. Anyone who buys tickets for them is completely stupid, to say the least!!Know them personally do you ? Not everyone in Ireland supports Celtic , far from it . Some support Hibs , even more would but for reading comments like some on this thread . More importantly , why spend millions on great big stands then stop people using the seats ? All this data base stuff is nonsense unless club come out and say it`s a legal requirement . Overseas Hibbies spend ages encouraging friends and family to visit Easter Road then club won`t sell tickets to them . Anyone who`s bothered by seeing a tourist cheering for a goal we let in should look for another way to spend their free time or do they want to sit in a near empty ER and complain about the rotten players we`ve got ? Someone at club is paid to market Hibernian FC and some ideas ( posters in Polish for example ) from fans have been used albeit briefly but demanding being on the data base is counterproductive . Another example was offering students a discount for recent games with a phone App at a time when many new ( overseas ) students had no UK phones ( had just arrived in Edinburgh for new term ) .

FranckSuzy
17-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Know them personally do you ? Not everyone in Ireland supports Celtic , far from it . Some support Hibs , even more would but for reading comments like some on this thread . More importantly , why spend millions on great big stands then stop people using the seats ? All this data base stuff is nonsense unless club come out and say it`s a legal requirement . Overseas Hibbies spend ages encouraging friends and family to visit Easter Road then club won`t sell tickets to them . Anyone who`s bothered by seeing a tourist cheering for a goal we let in should look for another way to spend their free time or do they want to sit in a near empty ER and complain about the rotten players we`ve got ? Someone at club is paid to market Hibernian FC and some ideas ( posters in Polish for example ) from fans have been used albeit briefly but demanding being on the data base is counterproductive . Another example was offering students a discount for recent games with a phone App at a time when many new ( overseas ) students had no UK phones ( had just arrived in Edinburgh for new term ) .

I have seen quite a few tourists at ER recently in the West so it must be possible to get tickets. Also, the St Pats branch offer to get tickets for any Hibs fans coming to a game from out of town :aok:

Re the bit in bold, Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don't it would seem. How can they seriously be held responsible for students who don't have a UK sim...:confused: Are they just to not bother then as there'll be some folk that won't benefit..?

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2013, 07:25 AM
I have seen quite a few tourists at ER recently in the West so it must be possible to get tickets. Also, the St Pats branch offer to get tickets for any Hibs fans coming to a game from out of town :aok:

Re the bit in bold, Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don't it would seem. How can they seriously be held responsible for students who don't have a UK sim...:confused: Are they just to not bother then as there'll be some folk that won't benefit..?

:agree: Hibs are quite accomodating with tourists, I have helped a few out myself but on occasion when I have been unable to do so for a Cat A match they have gone to ticket office with proof of hotel booking and identification as to where they live and have obtained tickets no problem.

Bill Milne
18-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Know them personally do you ? Not everyone in Ireland supports Celtic , far from it . Some support Hibs , even more would but for reading comments like some on this thread . More importantly , why spend millions on great big stands then stop people using the seats ? All this data base stuff is nonsense unless club come out and say it`s a legal requirement . Overseas Hibbies spend ages encouraging friends and family to visit Easter Road then club won`t sell tickets to them . Anyone who`s bothered by seeing a tourist cheering for a goal we let in should look for another way to spend their free time or do they want to sit in a near empty ER and complain about the rotten players we`ve got ? Someone at club is paid to market Hibernian FC and some ideas ( posters in Polish for example ) from fans have been used albeit briefly but demanding being on the data base is counterproductive . Another example was offering students a discount for recent games with a phone App at a time when many new ( overseas ) students had no UK phones ( had just arrived in Edinburgh for new term ) .

So, you would not quibble with sitting next to people supporting Celtic, then? Lets go the whole hog and let Hertz, Dons and The Rangers fans occupy the seats as well. After all, it's about making money for the club!!

Cabbage East
18-10-2013, 07:54 AM
A bit like Scottish Man.U fans? or totally different? what is your take on Irish Hibernian fans?:rolleyes:

Absolutely the same. It's glory hunting at its worst. If they supported their local teams their league wouldn't be so shan. And Irish Hibs fans I can understand, at least there's a link there.

JimBHibees
18-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Completely agree in my experience Irish folk certainly from the south are much more likely to be into EPL teams than care anything about Celtc despite what Celtc like to think and make out. Bottom line is are we really in a position to be turning folk away when the ground will have 7k empty seats or so.

hibbiedon
18-10-2013, 08:57 AM

Sorry but if you do not know them and have just met them today how can you vouch for them ?

Spike Mandela
18-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Sorry folks I agree with Bill this is just somebody trying to get tickets for some Celtic fans. Don't fall for it.

I was in London in April and fancied taking in a game when I was there. Chelsea were at home so I contacted the club via e-mail and they gave me very clear and simple instructions on how to buy a ticke and were very helpful. Of course this involved all names and addresses being given. Maybe the OP could contact Hibs via e-mail and supply names and addresses.

clerriehibs
18-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree with those that think these guys are celtc fans, or at least sympathisers.

But personally, I have absolutely no beef with a fan of another club taking a seat in the home end that would otherwise remain empty, in the explicit understanding that they did not engage in any antagonistic behaviour towards hibs fans. I would even say that reasonable cheering for a celtc goal was acceptable.

And believe me, I hate celtc.

superbam
18-10-2013, 12:27 PM
FFS, very disappointing how many hibs fans have fallen for the myth perpetuated by celtic that they are universally loved in Ireland. Trust me, its bollocks.

If they are Irish they are much more likely to support Man u or Liverpool. In Dublin, pubs will be rammed for the big premiership matches while you would be (un)lucky to find many showing even an old firm match, for example.

For the record, most Irish Hibees I have met actively support their local team alongside Hibs.

Carheenlea
18-10-2013, 09:43 PM
FFS, very disappointing how many hibs fans have fallen for the myth perpetuated by celtic that they are universally loved in Ireland. Trust me, its bollocks.

If they are Irish they are much more likely to support Man u or Liverpool. In Dublin, pubs will be rammed for the big premiership matches while you would be (un)lucky to find many showing even an old firm match, for example.

For the record, most Irish Hibees I have met actively support their local team alongside Hibs.

I was out in Galway last Friday night for a few beers to watch the Germany v Ireland world cup qualifier and it was a struggle to even find somewhere that was showing that match on their main television screens, with Heineken Cup rugby appearing to be the bigger draw.

joe breezy
18-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Absolutely the same. It's glory hunting at its worst. If they supported their local teams their league wouldn't be so shan. And Irish Hibs fans I can understand, at least there's a link there.

what if it is through the Hibs Man United casual connection? What is glory hunting about going to Leeds with Man U on a Sunday morning?

I only mention the casual thing because of your avatar which indicates you maybe know something of casual culture but given your statement not so much about Hibs casual culture

erin go bragh
19-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't get your point, sorry. the man has originally said they were BIG man u. fans. It was only me, that mentioned if they enjoyed seeing a Celtic goal, that they should sit on their hands. what is your point? if there are 3500 in the away end, that leaves approx. 200x£28 that HFC could do with, btw I hope this type of message is sent out to various countries, Hibs fans don't want foreigners to visit their ground
My point is MH . i have no problem with foreigners wanting to attend games at ER , but not Celtic/Man U fans clearly chancing their luck imho .

ggtth

Cabbage East
20-10-2013, 01:29 AM
what if it is through the Hibs Man United casual connection? What is glory hunting about going to Leeds with Man U on a Sunday morning?

I only mention the casual thing because of your avatar which indicates you maybe know something of casual culture but given your statement not so much about Hibs casual culture

I think you know yourself I know the scene well. As I know you do, I've read your posts. And i know all about United and Hibs so take it easy. I've been there. My point was totally different, about Irish lads in the boozers pretending they're United/Liverpool fans. Totally different to what you're talking about.