PDA

View Full Version : Stand Names

southsider
14-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Re The Hibernianization of our ground. We have the Famous Five stand so what about other stands after other famous Hibs' men. well Pat is from Niddrie, which is EAST Edinburgh and Joe was brought up near Motherwell, which is WEST of Scotland. Makes sense to me.

monktonharp
14-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Re The Hibernianization of our ground. We have the Famous Five stand so what about other stands after other famous Hibs' men. well Pat is from Niddrie, which is EAST Edinburgh and Joe was brought up near Motherwell, which is WEST of Scotland. Makes sense to me.can we call the south stand the Dunbar end then? or the Lochend Pond end?

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2013, 02:37 PM
can we call the south stand the Dunbar end then? or the Lochend Pond end?

Call it the Bell end.

Dashing Bob S
14-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I recall somebody saying to me, or perhaps I read it on here, that the three home stands should be called the Harp, Ship and Castle stands. They could have those emblems from our club crest displayed prominently above them.

The away stand could have a huge vagina or p-e-n-i-s (for some reason 'vagina' acceptable but '*****' not on here) on exhibition, and be referred to by the appropriate designation.

Jonnyboy
14-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I recall somebody saying to me, or perhaps I read it on here, that the three home stands should be called the Harp, Ship and Castle stands. They could have those emblems from our club crest displayed prominently above them.

The away stand could have a huge vagina or p-e-n-i-s (for some reason 'vagina' acceptable but '*****' not on here) on exhibition, and be referred to by the appropriate designation.

Fabby :greengrin Can we call the South the Harp Stand in case The Rangers ever make it back to ER? :wink:

Jonny1875
14-10-2013, 09:35 PM

Think thats a cracking idea. 'Sauzee stand' has some ring to it tho.

lucky
15-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Would make more sense to sell the naming rights to the stands.

PatHead
15-10-2013, 08:50 AM

Is the visitors stand not called the Rainbow Communications stand or something like that?

southsider
15-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Can we not just be a Football Club and not resort to having to sell our soul. Anyway STF has plenty money we just need to find a way to get him to spend some of it. None of us are getting any younger and there are no pockets in a shroud.

mutley
15-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I recall somebody saying to me, or perhaps I read it on here, that the three home stands should be called the Harp, Ship and Castle stands. They could have those emblems from our club crest displayed prominently above them. The away stand could have a huge vagina or p-e-n-i-s (for some reason 'vagina' acceptable but '*****' not on here) on exhibition, and be referred to by the appropriate designation.Yes, I think this was discussed on an old thread 9the one about putting the original harp back on one of the stands) and the idea was banded about to keep the FF stand, and the other 3 Ship, Harp and Castle.I quite like that idea

Jones28
15-10-2013, 01:38 PM

This is it :agree:

PatHead
15-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Would want one called the Whelahan Stand after first Captain, Famous Five as is and Farmer Stand for helping to save us from Wallace Mercer. Not sure what I would call the away end. Shame we couldn't get Albion Road or one of the surrounding streets called Tornado Terrace.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2013, 04:01 PM
1. North..The Hibs.Net Stand.
2. East. The Uberfans Stand
3. South. The Bedwetters Stand.
4. West. The Hibs.Net PM Stand.

Then we will all know where we stand.

:worms:

Johnny Clash
15-10-2013, 04:18 PM
The East - The STANTON STAND

3pm
15-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Can we call one 'The Balcony' and we can just sitting there pishing ourselves greeting with an immense amount of pride?

FranckSuzy
15-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Can we call one 'The Balcony' and we can just sitting there pishing ourselves greeting with an immense amount of pride?

:greengrin Like the one in your avatar? :wink:

Craig_HFC
16-10-2013, 11:42 AM
West - The Sit Down Don't Stand

East - The Don't Sit, Stand

North - Applaud the Subs and Stand

South - Can't Stand

Posh Swanny
16-10-2013, 01:23 PM
1. North..The Hibs.Net Stand.
2. East. The Uberfans Stand
3. South. The Bedwetters Stand.
4. West. The Hibs.Net PM Stand.

Then we will all know where we stand.

:worms:

:grr::rules::tsk tsk:

RIP
16-10-2013, 05:51 PM
West Stand could be The Crabbies

North - The Laddies & Daddies

East - The Radges

South - The Grubbies

Humo
16-10-2013, 05:55 PM
West - The Sit Down Don't Stand

East - The Don't Sit, Stand

North - Applaud the Subs and Stand

South - Can't Stand

Petrie get it sorted! :grr::grr:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Bit off topic but how good would it be to get five statues of the famous five outside the famous five stand Bit of a tongue twister that:greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-02-2014, 12:28 AM
In time a stand should, and imo will, be named for Tom Farmer.

muzzhfc
23-02-2014, 01:07 AM
In time a stand should, and imo will, be named for Tom Farmer.

if this were to happen, I would say the west as that's where the board sit.

The FF - keep as is
West- STF Stand or Ship
East - Sauzee or Castle (the east is our castle after all)
South - Harp or Dunbar

Paperboy
23-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Always thought they should have called the training ground "legends" then branding which would say "past, present, future"