PDA

View Full Version : Let's all cheer up this Saturday evening!

Jonnyboy
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Never tire of watching this. Even Erchie McFierceyin calling Ivan, Adrian Sproule and yon big Hertz heifer Jon Cowkiss :greengrin

Some lovely football, pace and width and top class finishing.

Topping it all off, a couple of good saves by Zibi :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

Viva_Palmeiras
12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Lovely-jubbly

--------
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
They should have been down to nine - Skacel knew exactly what he was doing when he booted Zibby in the face.

Great days. Ta, John.

Hiber-nation
12-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Never tire of watching this. Even Erchie McFierceyin calling Ivan, Adrian Sproule and yon big Hertz heifer Jon Cowkiss :greengrin

Nice one JC, it's the only video I've put on Youtube and the thing I couldn't believe when watching it again were these saves from Zibi...amazing how quickly you forget :greengrin

Elephant Stone
12-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Those really were two very strong teams, recent derbies seem worlds apart from that.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Never tire of this one either :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFC5Sly9Ok

skipster7
12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Brilliant, one of my best derbys. Riordan looked like a whippet :agree:.

Wull
12-10-2013, 08:44 PM
:thumbsup:certainly brought a smile te ma coupin :flag:

Wotherspiniesta
12-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Was the day of my 18th birthday and the last time we played them on the 30th of October. Hopefully a repeat in a few weeks times :flag:

Alright, so it was the 29th of Oct, just dont kill my vibe.

Godsahibby
12-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Quite amazing the quality in both of thiose teams.

vein
12-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Wasn't at the game but remember the day well. Just dropped my wee lad at my folks and was driving along willowbrae road when the first went in. Was going mental in the car and noticed the boy in the car going the other way doing the same and tooting his horn.

Got parked up at my flat and bolted up the stair to fire the radio on. My wife was giving it whats your rush, just as I turned it on garry rattles in number two cue me going bananas again and my wife walking away shaking her head.

Ended up at the lady nairne that night followed by a party back at my flat, was a cracking day/night!

Iggy Pope
13-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Jonny that has made my night.

How anyone could ever say anything against that pair of stalwarts up front is beyond me.

And somebody somewhere gave Pressley a sair face.

I remember an auction in the Hibs Club not long after with a framed £100 note up for grabs that was signed by Garry and Boozy on the night.

God Petrie
13-10-2013, 12:19 AM
The beginning of the end for Hertz

SteveHFC
13-10-2013, 12:47 AM

Deek was simply brilliant in that game :top marks

SteveHFC
13-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Never tire of this one either :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFC5Sly9Ok

Stokes's equalizer at Ibrox:drool:
Stokes's 2 goals at Aberdeen:drool:
Galbraith's winner at Celtic Park:drool:
The end of the season game at Tannadice :drool:

kentao
13-10-2013, 12:51 AM
What i would pay to watch a hibs team play like that. What a squad both teams had but hibs were a joy to watch.

Cant wait till that style of play comes round again.

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
13-10-2013, 06:14 AM
The energy and pace of that team that day was scintillating stuff. Really exciting stuff to watch.Just makes you realise the turgid stuff we are watching nowadays.

Thecat23
13-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Could watch that all day. The atmosphere that day was brilliant as well. There was a real buzz before the game that I think we thought we would beat them. Deeks was something else that day too.

Cheers for posting this JB

down-the-slope
13-10-2013, 08:50 AM
What a ball by Mikey Stewart tight at LB to get Deeks away for Gary chance...

Humprey Fudge :rolleyes: we have had some Honking CH's in my time... What would that team be worth in todays bonkers prices though

Funny to think that Gary Caldwell (who I always rated) has actually been the player to play at the highest level for longest out of all that team - would have had several others ahead of him even though has I been asked at the time who would make it biggest / longest

Hibby D
13-10-2013, 11:03 AM
That video has it all! Classy football, a whole bunch of talented players (on both sides), a full house and a damn fine win.

Oh to have that again :agree:

Pretty Boy
13-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Both those teams would be right up there challenging for the league now.

Great days.

Pretty Boy
13-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Stokes's equalizer at Ibrox:drool:
Stokes's 2 goals at Aberdeen:drool:
Galbraith's winner at Celtic Park:drool:
The end of the season game at Tannadice :drool:

I was right next to the orc hordes when Stokes scored that equaliser. One of them got lifted for chucking his pie at me. Pleasing.

Pretty sure Stokes had another chance to win it about 5 minutes later but he wanted an extra touch and the defender got back to make a tackle.

Boyle89
13-10-2013, 11:21 AM
When you look back at that team and the football we played then you can't not smile.

Hibs7
13-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Those were two quality teams, one paid for by fraud the other developed and nurtured. They would both be giving Celtic a run for the league in today's SPFL .. What a waste when you see what became of Deeks, and O'Connor to a lesser extent ..... Some outstanding quality players in that Hibs team , great to watch.

Bishop Hibee
13-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Great game. Can"t help being a wee bit depressed given the football we're playing now. Mind you, imagine how down the Yams are. :thumbsup: :jamboclow

Keith_M
13-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Anyone got a copy of the second vid without any accompanying music? Whatever the backing track is, it stops me from viewing it in Germany.

Apparently, some bird called Gema gets upset about the music :wink:

rcarter1
13-10-2013, 12:23 PM
What i would pay to watch a hibs team play like that. What a squad both teams had but hibs were a joy to watch.

Cant wait till that style of play comes round again.

GGTTH

Totally this. God its good to see that. Probably the highest quality derby match I've seen in the flesh. Will enjoy Hearts squirming a bit more, but loved those times when both sides made the match a joy to watch.

Wotherspiniesta
13-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Those were two quality teams, one paid for by fraud the other developed and nurtured. They would both be giving Celtic a run for the league in today's SPFL .. What a waste when you see what became of Deeks, and O'Connor to a lesser extent ..... Some outstanding quality players in that Hibs team , great to watch.

:top marks And I hope they never forget it!

That squad was paid with by money they couldn't afford to blow and look at the state of them now. :fenlon

Long may they suffer for that quality team they had then and in the proceding years. FTH.

Onceinawhile
13-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I know he Wasn't sold for footballing or Financial reasons, but one million for stokes... what a steal.

clerriehibs
13-10-2013, 02:59 PM
:top marks And I hope they never forget it!

That squad was paid with by money they couldn't afford to blow and look at the state of them now. :fenlon

Long may they suffer for that quality team they had then and in the proceding years. FTH.

They should be hammered and hammered and hammered again u.til not one of them continues to claim it was all worth it.

At least the spfl look like they recognisr how lightly they have escaped with plans for auto relegation for admin in future.

Maybe taking their tainted trophies off them would be the quickest wY.