PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Sun now pro-Hibs ?

worcesterhibby
11-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Being based in Engerland I never read the Scottish Sun (I don't read the English one either) but I was pleased to Hear on TalkSport that Hibs Fan Gordon Smart has been appointed the new editor of the Scottish Sun. They were even joking on Talksport that every issue will come with a free 10 page Hibs pull-out special. Hawkesby and Jacobs whose show it was featured on are good mates with Gordon, and they were laughing about how much he goes on about Hibs when they chat to him.

Question is..will it make any difference to the way Hibs are covered in the newspaper? We all know that scottish tabloid journos love toadying to the Old Firm, but they also love to kiss their bosses backside and now Gordon is the Boss, will Hibs get better treatment in the Sun ?

Juice-Terry
11-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Being based in Engerland I never read the Scottish Sun (I don't read the English one either) but I was pleased to Hear on TalkSport that Hibs Fan Gordon Smart has been appointed the new editor of the Scottish Sun. They were even joking on Talksport that every issue will come with a free 10 page Hibs pull-out special. Hawkesby and Jacobs whose show it was featured on are good mates with Gordon, and they were laughing about how much he goes on about Hibs when they chat to him.

Question is..will it make any difference to the way Hibs are covered in the newspaper? We all know that scottish tabloid journos love toadying to the Old Firm, but they also love to kiss their bosses backside and now Gordon is the Boss, will Hibs get better treatment in the Sun
?

Would certainly be refreshing.

Springbank
11-10-2013, 11:30 AM
A well run club that lives within its means and won 3 national cups in my lifetime

Vs

A thieving charity-robbing registered-offender-employing basket case who have won 3 national trophies in my lifetime?

It's a tough call :)

Wheat Hound
11-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Kenny Millar, another massive Hibee, is a journalist there too.

truehibernian
11-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Kenny Millar, another massive Hibee, is a journalist there too.

Kenny's face is always a picture when he is in the press box at Tynie - that look like he's been made to sit round the dinner tabe at Xmas in a horrible jumper bought by a crusty auntie :greengrin very uncomfortable.

Hibercelona
11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
If we start playing some proper football, perhaps we'll actually get some positive coverage in the media for a change?

paul_hfc3
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
A well run club that lives within its means and won 3 national cups in my lifetime

Vs

A thieving charity-robbing registered-offender-employing basket case who have
won 3 national trophies in my lifetime?
It's a tough call :)

Legendary.

I'll be using this speech at the pub when I'm having a football arguement with my Jambos pals

Spike Mandela
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Is it wrong that I am very surprised that people from the 'showbiz' section of a newspaper go on to be the Editor like Gordon Smart or Piers Morgan? Does this say that these people hid their journalistic talents whilst working in this field or say more about general direction pursued by these ****ty rags?

worcesterhibby
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Is it wrong that I am very surprised that people from the 'showbiz' section of a newspaper go on to be the Editor like Gordon Smart or Piers Morgan? Does this say that these people hid their journalistic talents whilst working in this field or say more about general direction pursued by these ****ty rags?

Personally I think is says everything about them being Gossip sheets rather than NEWSpapers. But I think we already knew that. The Sun is all about making cash not informing the world. Stories about Cheryl Cole's backside will always sell more newspapers than stories about environmental issues. So that's what they print. Still if there is going to be a gossip columnist in charge I would rather he was a Hibby !

Gatecrasher
11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe I can read that instead of the EEN so I don't have to skim through the " I named my horse 5-1" guff to find something about Hibs.

Sir David Gray
12-10-2013, 01:19 PM
The Sun is a money making publication.

As far as their sports coverage is concerned, they will undoubtedly continue to saturate it with stories about Celtic and Sevco.

It's what the vast majority of their readers will want to read about so I don't see them changing that at all.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-10-2013, 01:21 PM
The Sun is a rag. Always has been. From Page 3 onwards it's just full of absolute tits.

Phil D. Rolls
13-10-2013, 03:35 PM

What's this guy done to get himself compared to Pennis Moron?

Phil D. Rolls
13-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Personally I think is says everything about them being Gossip sheets rather than NEWSpapers. But I think we already knew that. The Sun is all about making cash not informing the world. Stories about Cheryl Cole's backside will always sell more newspapers than stories about environmental issues. So that's what they print. Still if there is going to be a gossip columnist in charge I would rather he was a Hibby !

Dont know if it's still the case, but it was shown a few years ago that The Sun carried much more news than the broadsheets. I.e. the same stories, more succinctly. It was suggested that they were much more skilful journalists because they could use fewer words to say the same thing.

Keith_M
13-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Dont know if it's still the case, but it was shown a few years ago that The Sun carried much more news than the broadsheets. I.e. the same stories, more succinctly. It was suggested that they were much more skilful journalists because they could use fewer words to say the same thing.

Pictures paint a thousand words.

Especially on page three.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-10-2013, 07:03 PM
The Sun is a rag. Always has been. From Page 3 onwards it's just full of absolute tits.

it is a crap paper indeed, but it's Scottish football is better than its weegie rival. No question.

Danderhall Hibs
14-10-2013, 09:46 AM
What's this guy done to get himself compared to Pennis Moron?

They were both the gossip guy who took on the full editor job.