PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hibernian EOS v Craigroyston on Saturday

RSS Bot
11-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Saturday, kick off 2.30pm, Training Centre

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131011/hibernian-eos-v-craigroyston-on-saturday_2262950_3488252)

Ceebs
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
If your looking to get away for a couple of hours, get yourselves along to east mains beats shopping with the better half by miles. Bring plenty change for the donations to the hibees youth, money well spent.

Jonnyboy
11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
If your looking to get away for a couple of hours, get yourselves along to east mains beats shopping with the better half by miles. Bring plenty change for the donations to the hibees youth, money well spent.

:agree:

Great football - what more could you want :greengrin

Twiglet
12-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Anyone else going to this?

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM

of course, need my football fix this weekend:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
12-10-2013, 11:18 AM

Me too, unfortunately my old dad can't go as he can't stand for 90 mins.

Twiglet
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
of course, need my football fix this weekend:thumbsup:

Cool. Maybe see you there...if i can find my way there that is.

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM

if you have a folding chair, take it along and he can sit pitch side on it. someone else does that at matches

you got sat nav? if not just go through tranent and follow the road to ormiston. about a mile down the road on the left you will see a single house with a large fence and a turning, there is a small green arrow sign with HTC on it. thats you there, just follow the small road to the end and park

Billy Whizz
12-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Eh35 5NG I think

Billy Whizz
12-10-2013, 11:38 AM
if you have a folding chair, take it along and he can sit pitch side on it. someone else does that at matches

Maybe a business idea for Hibs to rent these out!!!

you got sat nav? if not just go through tranent and follow the road to ormiston. about a mile down the road on the left you will see a single house with a large fence and a turning, there is a small green arrow sign with HTC on it. thats you there, just follow the small road to the end and park

Thanks

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2013, 11:52 AM
If you're missing watching the Hibees this weekend, get your fix of live footballhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131011/hibernian-eos-v-craigroyston-on-saturday_2262950_3488252#) by coming through and cheering on the next generation of Hibernian first team players.
Please note that car parking will available at the Traininghttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131011/hibernian-eos-v-craigroyston-on-saturday_2262950_3488252#) Centre on Saturday and access will be available from 1.30pm onwards.
A four-page match programme (price: 50p) will also be available with all proceeds going directly towards youth development at Hibernian FC.
Meanwhile congratulations to Academy players Kyle Bell, Jack Breen and Jack Adamson, who have been selected for the Scotland under-15 squad gathering on Tuesday 22 October.
Image of Andrew Black in action against Duns in the East of Scotland League kindly provided by Maurice Dougan

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?gl=uk&daddr=E+Mains,+Ormiston,+Tranent,+East+Lothian+EH3 5+5NG&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,55.919704,-2.929733&cid=0,0,11798896480606326470&hq=hibernian+training+centre&hnear=0x4887b800a5982623:0x64f2147b7ce71727,Edinbu rgh,+City+of+Edinburgh

Brooster
12-10-2013, 11:57 AM

I'll be there.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I'll be there.

Is the Catering any better than what they sell at ER

derek0762
12-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I'll be there missing my Hibs fix GGTTH

Keith_M
12-10-2013, 12:07 PM

Is there any catering?

Brooster
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Dream on haha.

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Full time 1-1

Baptie penalty for Hibs

Golden Bear
12-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Full time 1-1

Baptie penalty for Hibs

Our 100% league record remains intact though as this was a Qualifying tie.

:thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
12-10-2013, 05:37 PM

Qualifying for what?

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Qualifying for what?

The east of scotland have a qualifying league cup competition, this explains it a bit-

East of Scotland Qualifying Leagues: A new competition from the 2011-12 season. Open to all 24 EoSFA members playing in the EoSFL. A pre-season warm-up competition, these clubs are split into four groups of six and each plays the others within their group once.
East of Scotland League Cup: Group winners and runners-up from the East of Scotland Qualifying Leagues enter this straight knock-out competition.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM

Have to say that was quite a trial for the laddies as the opposition were very very physical. Ref was murder too and appeared at one point to give a free kick against the ball :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
12-10-2013, 06:58 PM

Have to say that was quite a trial for the laddies as the opposition were very very physical. Ref was murder too and appeared at one point to give a free kick against the ball :greengrin

Brrrrrr! Less said about their goal the better. Was Todd playing number 10? Looked lively when the opportunities arose number 8 looked useful too. Craigy were well physical and forever moaning its a mans game ref or words to that effect. Their boy up front was carrying a bit of excess baggage but managed to make a nusiance of himself and used his physique to create openings (some of which I wondered how he quite managed it). The boy with the hair and beard that was subbed put himself about too.

I liked their keepers impression of the Angel of the North when he was booked.

Good interchanges around their box in the last 10 pity one of the moves didn't result in the goal it merited.

All in all at decent enough afternoons football - they really need to do summit about that cold tho ;)

derek0762
12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Brrrrrr! Less said about their goal the better. Was Todd playing number 10? Looked lively when the opportunities arose number 8 looked useful too. Craigy were well physical and forever moaning its a mans game ref or words to that effect. Their boy up front was carrying a bit of excess baggage but managed to make a nusiance of himself and used his physique to create openings (some of which I wondered how he quite managed it). The boy with the hair and beard that was subbed put himself about too.

Good interchanges around their box in the last 10 pity one of the moves didn't result in the goal it merited.

All in all at decent enough afternoons football - they really need to do summit about that cold tho ;)

There keeper looking bemused at getting booked for cursing & swearing at the ref 10minutes after a Hibs player had been booked for exactly the same thing was funny right enough :-)

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Yeah number 10 was max Todd, 8 was david Paul

1875er
12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Most of the craigroyston players were trying to noise up the laddies who I thought did well to keep their cool under some meaty challenges and verbals. The wee midget number 10 kept saying to his team mates to "get into this ******". Obviously a fan of Poppy Pilferers FC.

RSS Bot
12-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Hibernian EOS 1 Craigroyston 1

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131012/hibernian-eos-held-to-a-draw_2262950_3490966)

Iggy Pope
12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Great 90mins. Craigroyston are a well run and long established club whose players play for only a little more than love of the game. I've only been to maybe 6 or 7 U-20 fixtures this season but enjoyed this more than most of them.
The Craigie keeper had an excellent 2nd Half and their No 5 David Jeffrey was also outstanding (if a bit lucky to stay out of the book earlier than he did). I played briefly with his old boy and that apple never fell far.

Thought Hibs allowed themselves to be intimidated by their growling and pressing in the first 45, but stepped it up so well in the 2nd that only poor finishing (and at least two first class stops by the keeper) stopped the game going away beyond Craigroyston (whose legs, I thought had gone after an energetic first hour).

Hibs Keeper sold the jerseys, but he must have been cauld in that second half.

As mentioned elsewhere (and I take an interest in the boy), David Paul at No 8 was very good indeed in a minefield of a centre mid. He has an engine, a range of passing and is unafraid either in possession or the tackle.

Might be noted elsewhere, but Cody Mulhall told me that he is out for maybe 9 months with a cruciate. Seems in good fettle for it though and nice to see him there with his team mates. Doesn't look as if much will get him down.

Brooster
13-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Tell you something though.......if one of the objectives of entering this league is to toughen the laddies up then games like this will achieve that. Craigroyston were obviously up for this and all credit to the laddies for coping with the very physical aspect of this game. The second half was a bit one sided and Hibs should really have closed the game off but a goalkeeping error from a long range free kick allowed them back into the game. Gold and Todd stuck out for me. I also had a chuckle at their fat left back captain who looked a bit out of his depth and couldn't run properly. ....maybe his pants were too tight.

oconnors_strip
13-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Tell you something though.......if one of the objectives of entering this league is to toughen the laddies up then games like this will achieve that. Craigroyston were obviously up for this and all credit to the laddies for coping with the very physical aspect of this game. The second half was a bit one sided and Hibs should really have closed the game off but a goalkeeping error from a long range free kick allowed them back into the game. Gold and Todd stuck out for me. I also had a chuckle at their fat left back captain who looked a bit out of his depth and couldn't run properly. ....maybe his pants were too tight.

Gold wasn't playing....

Brooster
13-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Gold wasn't playing....

Haha I meant to say Paul.

derek0762
13-10-2013, 04:26 PM
The number 9 who had his socks up over his knees, put a cruncher in on one of the Hibs youngsters early doors! and when the Hibs (assistant coach I think he was) remonstrated about the tackle, the #9 said shut up baldy it's an efin game of fitbaw just get oan wi it eh!
They were out to intimidate the ladies alright!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The number 9 who had his socks up over his knees, put a cruncher in on one of the Hibs youngsters early doors! and when the Hibs (assistant coach I think he was) remonstrated about the tackle, the #9 said shut up baldy it's an efin game of fitbaw just get oan wi it eh!

But "it's a man's game" as the saying goes - T. Cowan ;)

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Haha I meant to say Paul.

Must have been when you tried vaulting that fence ....... backwards :greengrin

I agree though, David Paul was outstanding :agree:

derek0762
13-10-2013, 06:27 PM
But "it's a man's game" as the saying goes - T. Cowan ;)

It was certainly men (Craigie) against boys (Hibs EOS) from what I saw, with some of the bone cruncher tackles I witnessed it was lucky not one player was seriously injured :-(

Brooster
13-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Must have been when you tried vaulting that fence ....... backwards :greengrin

I agree though, David Paul was outstanding :agree:

Haha...I got a fingertip to that ball.

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Haha...I got a fingertip to that ball.

You did, I'll give you that :greengrin

oconnors_strip
13-10-2013, 08:48 PM

If I had been closer to the number 9 when he said that I would have gone mental! that was a very nasty tackle on andy black. he was constantly at it, leaving his foot or leg in, very late at times and always moaning at the ref! Was surprised the linesman didn't overhear him shouting at the hibs bench and get him booked

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 08:49 PM
If I had been closer to the number 9 when he said that I would have gone mental! that was a very nasty tackle on andy black. he was constantly at it, leaving his foot or leg in, very late at times and always moaning at the ref! Was surprised the linesman didn't overhear him shouting at the hibs bench and get him booked

I kept hoping someone would give him a dull one so I could shout "It's a fitba game ya wimp" :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah number 10 was max Todd, 8 was david Paul

Thought of this when i heard the news. What a loss RIP Paul. Sad day.