PDA

View Full Version : hibernian club shop

monktonharp
10-10-2013, 03:05 PM
is it "owned" by the club? or franchised, leased or other? We had an overseas fan on our bus on Monday, who had been in the shop that day. he said that he was told it had just been "sold". anyone clarify or is it untrue?

sambajustice
10-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Just Sports Group run it for Hibs. The same way Azure run the hospitality.

MacBean
10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Physically the building is owned by Hibs but the staff, stock etc are arranged through just sports IIRC

leggeto
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Joke of a shop hmfc is run better, I wish the kits were available up the town so I didn't have to use it

wearethehibs
10-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Joke of a shop hmfc is run better, I wish the kits were available up the town so I didn't have to use it

Yeah they're a business we should really model ourselfs on. Ha

HibbyAndy
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM

:hilarious:

Hearts are a great example right enough eh.

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Honestly they are that bad so frustrated every time I go to buy

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 07:09 PM

How do you know the hmfc shop is better run?

Mikey
10-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Is this the same HMFC shop that lost thousands when Hearts went into Admin?

Anyway, as the Hibs shop is now under new ownership it may no longer be a joke :wink:

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
How do you know the hmfc shop is better run?

I meant hmfc as in the whole club,just trying to be wide eh, not a fan of the shop,if its taken over there will be an improvement

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I meant hmfc as in the whole club,just trying to be wide eh, not a fan of the shop,if its taken over there will be an improvement

Calm doon my question was entirely fair. You complained about the Hibs shop and said hmfc do it better.

Billy Whizz
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
There's a young lad who works at the shop. Every time I go in for tickets etc, he's always happy to have a chat, and has a friendly and professional manner. He recognises me as part of the Hibs family, and for me that is top notch in customer relations. No complaints from me

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Calm doon my question was entirely fair. You complained about the Hibs shop and said hmfc do it better.

maybe they do run it better never been in it,do you work in the hibs shop by any chance;-)

Billy Whizz
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Not from me. What's the problem

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Not from me. What's the problem

went to buy the black top a while ago none left just out,with no idea when the next order would be

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 07:31 PM
maybe they do run it better never been in it,do you work in the hibs shop by any chance;-)

Nope but I generally find the staff there very helpful. I know it's frustrating when the thing you want is sold out. Look on the bright side, if you want it so did loads of others so you must have good taste :greengrin

flash
10-10-2013, 07:31 PM

So Hertz are a better run club than Hibs. That will be news to thousands of shafted fans, staff and local businesses.

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
So Hertz are a better run club than Hibs. That will be news to thousands of shafted fans, staff and local businesses.

easy Lenny just using them as a example

Billy Whizz
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
went to buy the black top a while ago none left just out,with no idea when the next order would be

Frustrating for you, but if no one tells them when its due, what do you expect them to say. Worked in the manufacturing industry for years, and its not as easy from the outside as you think, so many chains unfortunately before it gets to the end user.
Good luck in getting what you want, keep persevering

Viva_Palmeiras
10-10-2013, 07:57 PM

Has Football Nation moved from up town?

SaulGoodman
10-10-2013, 08:10 PM

:panic:

What a disaster.

cocopops1875
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Its all starting to make sense now, The Hibernian Retro Team must have bought the club shop at the AGM :greengrin

FranckSuzy
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
There's a young lad who works at the shop. Every time I go in for tickets etc, he's always happy to have a chat, and has a friendly and professional manner. He recognises me as part of the Hibs family, and for me that is top notch in customer relations. No complaints from me

:agree: I've only ever experienced good service whenever I've been in also. One of my friends worked there and told me some of the disgusting abuse the staff received from time-to-time from so-called 'fans'. IMHO, I think they do their best.

ronaldo7
10-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I've only ever had a pleasant experience when visiting the club shop. They take my cash with a smile and a thank you. Very pleasant people. They ran out of the letter "A" a while back and told me they would contact me when they had enough in to finish a name on the back of a strip.

Duly contacted about 3 days later and job done. Great service IMO.

.Sean.
10-10-2013, 08:35 PM
:panic:

What a disaster.
Not a disaster but the club shop being out of replica tops is pretty poor. They're probably the best-selling items, should be easy enough to keep them stocked at all times. Not the first time there's been a shortage either.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I've only ever had a pleasant experience when visiting the club shop. They take my cash with a smile and a thank you. Very pleasant people. They ran out of the letter "A" a while back and told me they would contact me when they had enough in to finish a name on the back of a strip.

Duly contacted about 3 days later and job done. Great service IMO.

Is that due to an unseasonable spike in aWholes who come I to the shop ;)

ronaldo7
10-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Is that due to an unseasonable spike in aWholes who come I to the shop ;)

:greengrin

SaulGoodman
10-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Not a disaster but the club shop being out of replica tops is pretty poor. They're probably the best-selling items, should be easy enough to keep them stocked at all times. Not the first time there's been a shortage either.

Taking my post out of context though.

Does running out of replica shirts really make us worse run than the yams?

LancashireHibby
10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Sometimes the stock and products are a bit inconsistent, but the staff have always been first class in my experience, as has the service when ordering online.

monktonharp
11-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I have never had any problem with the staff, but have on 3 occasions been disappointed. twice in a week, re-letters for strips and once when there was virtually nowt to fit by wee granddaughter. I don't go there now, and when I tried to make a complaint,to a commercial high heid yin, I still await his reply by email(since before the season started).

Weststandwanab
11-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Its all starting to make sense now, The Hibernian Retro Team must have bought the club shop at the AGM :greengrin Is this thr start of the takeover bid ?

Is that due to an unseasonable spike in aWholes who come I to the shop ;):greengrin

Beefster
11-10-2013, 05:57 AM
The staff of the shop are (usually) great. The stock management is abysmal though.

Lucius Apuleius
11-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Never had an issue and always got what I had gone for. No complaints from me.

Thecat23
11-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Never had an issue and always got what I had gone for. No complaints from me.

Their range for kids is embarrassing. My boy is three and they have nothing at all at that age. Been in loads and it's just a very poor shop to be honest. I thought when it was changing to the Nike shop it would be so much better. Lick of paint and a few Nike logo's later and it's still the same.

They couldn't tell me when the away top for kids was coming in or even if they were doing any. The boy behind the counter was a nice lad and very honest. He felt almost embarrassed telling us how much of a sham it was. He said loads of parents were in and left disappointed.

down-the-slope
11-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Sometimes the stock and products are a bit inconsistent, but the staff have always been first class in my experience, as has the service when ordering online.

that was pretty much the consensus from the LWT survey. Service - good to excellent - Range / Products - could do better

Mikeystewart
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM

I think he was being facetious. :rolleyes:

MB62
11-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Their range for kids is embarrassing. My boy is three and they have nothing at all at that age. Been in loads and it's just a very poor shop to be honest. I thought when it was changing to the Nike shop it would be so much better. Lick of paint and a few Nike logo's later and it's still the same.

They couldn't tell me when the away top for kids was coming in or even if they were doing any. The boy behind the counter was a nice lad and very honest. He felt almost embarrassed telling us how much of a sham it was. He said loads of parents were in and left disappointed.

The staff get as embarrassed about things as the supporters at times.
If the suppliers don't supply enough stock or variety of stock, it's not the staff's fault.
BTW, some of the staff are supporters too, so naturally share the frustrations.

Lucius Apuleius
11-10-2013, 11:35 AM

Cool mate, I can only speak on a personal level and never had any issues. Oops, wait a minute, they spelled Turnbull wrong once on the back of one of my brats' strip. Certainly wiznae happy with that!!!!

monktonharp
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
The staff get as embarrassed about things as the supporters at times.
If the suppliers don't supply enough stock or variety of stock, it's not the staff's fault.
BTW, some of the staff are supporters too, so naturally share the frustrations. I never get embarrassed, when it comes to asking plain questions as a customer. I only asked with the OP if it was a franchise etc, but the more I think of how annoyed I am about the commercial side of the club, the more determined I am to never buy an Item from the shop, unless i'm forced to go there for match tickets. Mr Commercial manager, still waiting on your reply to me:cb

Jonnyboy
11-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I think he was being facetious. :rolleyes:

Now that's a big word :greengrin

OsloHibs
11-10-2013, 07:06 PM
I don't have a problem with the staff but I just feel there's not a huge range of Hibs stuff (not clothing). I've friends over here who support various teams from down south (not all big clubs either) and they've got some great stuff. Hell, even the Brighton fan has a Brighton toothbrush!!!

LancashireHibby
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't have a problem with the staff but I just feel there's not a huge range of Hibs stuff (not clothing). I've friends over here who support various teams from down south (not all big clubs either) and they've got some great stuff. Hell, even the Brighton fan has a Brighton toothbrush!!!
Seems to be quite sporadic. Lads take the pish out of me when we're away on a weekend etc as I've got a Hibs washbag, luggage label and all sorts.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Since the club hooked up with Nike the shop seems to have lost a lot of its Hibs character with very few unique Hibs related items. There seems to be a lack of stuff like retro tops and stuff like that.

I have always found the staff to be helpfull and friendly any time I have been in buying stuff.

All of the above is moot for me now anyway. I sent an E Mail to Hibs weeks ago regarding an unrelated manner and have received no reply. As a result I will be buying nothing from the shop or behind the goals or the food outlets from now on. I'm too old for replica tops and stuff like that these days. But my four nephews one niece certainly are not and I'm pretty generous at Christmas & birthdays, especially with the Hibs stuff.

Or at least I was :boo hoo:

FranckSuzy
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Since the club hooked up with Nike the shop seems to have lost a lot of its Hibs character with very few unique Hibs related items. There seems to be a lack of stuff like retro tops and stuff like that.

I have always found the staff to be helpfull and friendly any time I have been in buying stuff.

All of the above is moot for me now anyway. I sent an E Mail to Hibs weeks ago regarding an unrelated manner and have received no reply. As a result I will be buying nothing from the shop or behind the goals or the food outlets from now on. I'm too old for replica tops and stuff like that these days. But my four nephews one niece certainly are not and I'm pretty generous at Christmas & birthdays, especially with the Hibs stuff.

Or at least I was :boo hoo:

That's a shame. Maybe you could send the email to Russell Smith ( RSmith@hibernianfc.co.uk ) as he is 'Head of Commercial'? I'm sure he will sort it out for you as he's a good lad :aok:

monktonharp
12-10-2013, 11:08 AM
That's a shame. Maybe you could send the email to Russell Smith ( RSmith@hibernianfc.co.uk ) as he is 'Head of Commercial'? I'm sure he will sort it out for you as he's a good lad :aok: I have tried and failed with that avenue, Suzy. still waiting for a reply since just before the season ko.:rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
I have tried and failed with that avenue, Suzy. still waiting for a reply since just before the season ko.:rolleyes:

maybe russell didnt receive your email? resend it and make it so you know he has read it