PDA

View Full Version : Any players you REALLY wish had never played for Hibs?

SkintHibby
09-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Obviously there are loads but to this day, the fact that Ray Wilkins played for us still makes me squirm.

His allegiance to the huns and his age when he signed for us. :-(

Broken Gnome
09-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Alan O'Brien for being symbolic of an utterly wasted period of what should have been decent investment. And Zibi. Caused too much pain.

I'm going to guess Doddie will say a fat striker of the 70s era...

Saorsa
09-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Zibi Malclownshoes

SkintHibby
09-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Eamonn Bannon is another. :-(

Barney McGrew
09-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Hartley.

Horrible wee welt that he is.

eastterrace
09-10-2013, 07:57 PM
zibby as has helped to some of the worst derby defeats in our history

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Alan O'Brien for being symbolic of an utterly wasted period of what should have been decent investment. And Zibi. Caused too much pain.

That's not a guess Richey, that's a certainty :greengrin

I'll go for Joe Ward. Supposed to be a striker - I just wish he'd gone on strike and saved us the horror of having to watch him play :agree:

hibees 7062
09-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Mark Caughey , Adam Le Fondre

3pm
09-10-2013, 08:06 PM
It's a bit harsh. Everyone is just going to name folk who were ***** but thought they'd be OK at the time.

Michael Stewart is going to get mentioned too.

Daft thread. But put me down for Joe Keenan.

And while he never played, that Calderwood.

Torto7062
09-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Zibbi,Konte,Nish(he was a tryer)

Mr White
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Matt doherty and mikey spewart.

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Garry O'Connor the second time, ruined (in my opinion) one of my favorite Hibs players with his antics and pretty poor performances for most of the season

Spike Mandela
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Obviously there are loads but to this day, the fact that Ray Wilkins played for us still makes me squirm.

His allegiance to the huns and his age when he signed for us. :-(

Played his debut for Hibs on my wedding day and was Man of the Match. Always a player I liked watching even when he was with Oldco. Seems a gentleman.:cb

Also that day Hearts got four players sent off at Ibrox as well.

Frazerbob
09-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Eamonn Bannon is another. :-(

Why? He was signed as a coach and only played one game when we were down to the bare bones. IIRC it was the final game of the season and he was MOTM.

3pm
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
The majority of the team that played in the final v the balcony brigade.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Zibi obviously, Wilkins, Scott and Fyffe :rolleyes: Calderclown, Bertie ****in Auld, thats is his full name.

And many many more. :boo hoo:

weecounty hibby
09-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Played his debut for Hibs on my wedding day and was Man of the Match. Always a player I liked watching even when he was with Oldco. Seems a gentleman.:cb

Also that day Hearts got four players sent off at Ibrox as well.

IF I recall correctly he even got a mention in your speech!! Cant believe you made me miss his debut just cos you were getting married! I agree with the OP he was an embarrassment.

Bobo
09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Joe Harper - Obnoxious little 💩

Peter Guggi

Yves Ma Kalambay

SkintHibby
09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Why? He was signed as a coach and only played one game when we were down to the bare bones. IIRC it was the final game of the season and he was MOTM.

My memory is shocking, thought he had played more than one game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Hurtado. Murdock. Charnley. Power.

Onceinawhile
09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Ray wilkins came straight to mind. Id also agree with zibby. A three year deal ffs. Wtf was mogga thinking!!!

other than that there are very few who didn't have at least one Redeeming feature.

Edit: the miller brothers. Greg and graeme. Terrible, nepotism at its worst.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Only cos the sponsors wanted to meet him :greengrin

Was indeed the final match of the season and we lost 2-0 to Motherwell

tamig
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Think he played centre half that day and was excellent. What a player he was in his pomp on the wing for McLean's United.

SkintHibby
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Hurtado. Murdock. Charnley. Power.

Good shout - Charnley is another one I never liked seeing in Hibs colours.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Think he played centre half that day and was excellent. What a player he was in his pomp on the wing for McLean's United.

Agreed. I used to watch him pre United when he played for Links - was a real standout

Viva_Palmeiras
09-10-2013, 08:30 PM
My memory is shocking, thought he had played more than one game.

Me too thought it was 6 but I've not googled. What with Wilkins and Bannon makes you wonder whether it was just a case of Miller mistaking identity

Deansy
09-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Joe Harper - waste of money - although Eddie Turnbull will always be my favourite manager, can never understand why he bought the wee, fat barrel !!

Bostonhibby
09-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Zibi obviously, Wilkins, Scott and Fyffe :rolleyes: Calderclown, Bertie ****in Auld, thats is his full name.

And many many more. :boo hoo:

:agree: Scott & Fyfe - we got them in exchange for Ian Munro, a really good player. Scott ran, and looked like a blonde Max Wall - once scored a goal from about a foot out, it hit off his knee when he fresh aired it with his other leg - against Rosenborg in Europe I think. Alan O'Brien & Ed De Graff would be my recent ones.. I didn't like Simon Brown either.

vincipernoi
09-10-2013, 08:37 PM
anyone else cringe at the thought that we employed billy broon?

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Me and I'm not alone :greengrin

Hiber-nation
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM
[/B]Adam Le Fondre

:confused:

I'll vote for Fat Joe as well, yes he scored a barrowload but his signing broke up the Tornadoes a season too early and the wee barrel of sheidt just couldn't hide his allegiance to the sheep.

Ringothedog
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Players like Stuart Turnbull, Duncan Lambie. They should never, ever, effin ever been near to wearing the Hibs jersey :grr:

Peevemor
09-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Easy. Stuart Turnbull.

Alex Miller's laddies also deserve a mention.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM
I'll always forgive players who weren't very good but clearly tried eg Nish, Makalamby.

I reserve real dislike for players who treat is with disrespect. I'm sure it was Eddie Turnbull who said in his book that players should be made aware of just how great a history Hibs have and should appreciate playing for us. Some of us would give anything to play for Hibs and players who disrespect that chance i can't stand.

So step forward Matt Docherty. From Calling us Hearts in the interview after he signed, to laughing and saying no chance when asked if he would be back, to his 'i don't give a ****' comment after that final.

A total and utter ringpiece from the m8nute he arrived until he left.

Hibs Class
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Didier Agathe. Would have liked it if he'd stayed but as he was here for next to no time and couldn't get to Celtc quickly enough I'd rather he hadn't bothered.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Yep.

Anyone who publicly admitted to mixed feelings before a derby should have been slaughtered.......... or shown the door if i was feeling generous.

Peevemor
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Didier Agathe. Would have liked it if he'd stayed but as he was here for next to no time and couldn't get to Celtc quickly enough I'd rather he hadn't bothered.

Hibs only gave him a 3 month contract. It wasn't his fault.

Hibs Class
09-10-2013, 08:53 PM

i know we only offered him three months to start with. Still wish, given how it turned out, that he'd never worn the jersey.

MotherSuperior
Mark McGraw
Rab Shannon
Colin Murdoch
Lee Power
David Elliot
De Graff
Paul Holsgrove (The hardest volleyer of a ball on the planet according to an evening news report)
Doherty

Onceinawhile

Sorry but no chance, ok, didn't stay long and went to Celtic, but his double vs dundee was well worth it.

eastterrace
09-10-2013, 08:55 PM

yes if we had given him a two year contract we would have made a lot more than what these weegies gave us , thats all they do in scotland is hoover up what they can.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Not sure that's 100% the case Peeve.

Big Eck told me that he tried on numerous occasions to get Agathe on a longer contract but the player and his agent kept stalling. There was a strong suggestion that Celtic were courting him while he was contracted to Hibs.

Peevemor
09-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Big Eck told me that he tried on numerous occasions to get Agathe on a longer contract but the player and his agent kept stalling. There was a strong suggestion that Celtic were courting him while he was contracted to Hibs.

Maybe so, but Hibs didn't have enough confidence in his ability to step up to the premier league in the first place. There was always the risk of his being offered a better deal elsewhere..

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 09:05 PM

Maybe so, but Hibs didn't have enough confidence in his ability to step up to the premier league in the first place. There was always the risk of his being offered a better deal elsewhere..

Yep. Lack of commitment cost us there, I agree

crewetollhibee
09-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Mark McGraw
Rab Shannon
Colin Murdoch
Lee Power
David Elliot
De Graff
Paul Holsgrove (The hardest volleyer of a ball on the planet according to an evening news report)
Doherty

Agree with all bar Mark McGraw. That laddie was tremendous in the first part of 91/92 season, perfect foil for Keith, Keith, Keith. Got a really bad injury, and was never the same player afterwards. Gareth wouldn't have played in the Skol Cup Final if he [McGraw] hadn't been injured IMO.

weecounty hibby
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
As someone else mentioned, the Miller brothers. Both utterly useless and possibly the worst players ever to play for Hibs. Alex Miller should have been sacked for giving them contracts

Spike Mandela
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
IF I recall correctly he even got a mention in your speech!! Cant believe you made me miss his debut just cos you were getting married! I agree with the OP he was an embarrassment.

Seem to remember an embarrassing incident with you, a button and ny bride's dress.:greengrin

eastterrace
09-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Agree with all bar Mark McGraw. That laddie was tremendous in the first part of 91/92 season, perfect foil for Keith, Keith, Keith. Got a really bad injury, and was never the same player afterwards. Gareth wouldn't have played in the Skol Cup Final if he [McGraw] hadn't been injured IMO.

yes agree he got bad injury against dunfermline at easter rd think it was either grant teirney or norrie mcathie who done him and he was never the same player again

weecounty hibby
09-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Seem to remember an embarrassing incident with you, a button and ny bride's dress.:greengrin

Embarrassing for you maybe but Maria and I were pretty cool about it! More embarrassing was the huge number of Jambos in your family!

allezsauzee
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Pretty much everybody that Jim Duffy signed...Paul Tosh was his worst though!

GoldenEagle
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Wilkins and Brian Hamilton

jodjam
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Easy. Stuart Turnbull.

Alex Miller's laddies also deserve a mention.

Yup gotta be Stuart turnbell for me also.

Is my memory playing tricks or did he not get banned by FIFA for playing in South Africa. Truly awful player.

Spike Mandela
09-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Embarrassing for you maybe but Maria and I were pretty cool about it! More embarrassing was the huge number of Jambos in your family!

Shhhhh, now that IS embarrassing.:cb

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Yup gotta be Stuart turnbell for me also.

Is my memory playing tricks or did he not get banned by FIFA for playing in South Africa. Truly awful player.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/stuart-turnbull/28/611/701

Scroll down to see how he describes his time at Hibs :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
09-10-2013, 09:35 PM

take that back, you sick, sick monster.

Hiber-nation
09-10-2013, 09:37 PM

Great diving header at Tannadice though after a 50 yard Derek Rodier run....:greengrin

Sir David Gray
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Always resented Liam Miller for going to Hearts. :grr:

kentao
09-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Brian hamilton. Was ***** for us then signed for them and looked a completely new player. Sure he scored on his debut for them

Miguel
09-10-2013, 10:18 PM

Agree.

ScottB
09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Malkowski. Had that team had a capable keeper they might have won something...

fat freddy
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Matt Thornhill and Pa Kujabi

J-C
09-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Obviously Zibby and O'Brian spring to mind but David Stephens(slower than a snail), O'Hanlon , the ever injured Matt Thornhill and the very much past it Michael Hart, Calderwood knew a player eh! :confused:

Up The Bracket
09-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Matt Doherty.

hhibs
09-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Joe Harper - Obnoxious little 

Peter Guggi

Yves Ma Kalambay

Defo Harper,that was the end for the Tornados,bloody Chairman to blame......that time,though hard to believe what Turnbull was thinking of for that matter!

Oh such shattered dreams !:brickwall

dp00
09-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Matt Doherty.

Of recent times it has to be this idiot.... If he is still at wolves I hope sparky does some serious damage to him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

green.and.white
09-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Always resented Liam Miller for going to Hearts. :grr:

That made up for Julien Brellier coming to us though :agree:

To answer the OP, everyone signed in January 2012

Auckland Hibs
09-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Pretty much everybody that Jim Duffy signed...Paul Tosh was his worst though!

His Mrs was a 10/10 - a total stunner so he makes the cut :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
09-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Paul Hartley would be my No.1 - he has a face that you would never grow tired of slapping.

Leishy1995
09-10-2013, 11:59 PM
If Kevin Thomson hadn't came back and showed how much he loved the club with performances he has turned in this season and last, and the stuff he has said since returning, it would be him.

Matt Doherty, Paul Hartley, Colin Nish, not a bad guy just a hopeless player who should never have been signed, Martin Scott. Purely for the Sean Welsh incident, ruined a young players chances at stepping up.

Kujabi for wearing gloves in May and konte for not living up to the tag of the Malian Magician, Steven Thicot, despite the fact there was a chant about him on Monday night just past.

Fergus52
10-10-2013, 12:47 AM

Without konte we wouldn't have came third, not just for the goal at other well but also due to his performances when we beat Celtic and hearts.

And without Nish I doubt we would have gotten Europe under yogi, due to his 5 goals in the last two games which got us 4th place, as well as his assists that season.

MWHIBBIES
10-10-2013, 01:08 AM
If Kevin Thomson hadn't came back and showed how much he loved the club with performances he has turned in this season and last, and the stuff he has said since returning, it would be him.

Matt Doherty, Paul Hartley, Colin Nish, not a bad guy just a hopeless player who should never have been signed, Martin Scott. Purely for the Sean Welsh incident, ruined a young players chances at stepping up.

Kujabi for wearing gloves in May and konte for not living up to the tag of the Malian Magician, Steven Thicot, despite the fact there was a chant about him on Monday night just past.Dunno about that, I can probably name 10 worse strikers in the last 10 years alone. Duffy, Konte, O'Donnovan, Trakys and Morrow all worse for Hibs just from the top of my head

WellingtonHibby
10-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Of recent times it has to be this idiot.... If he is still at wolves I hope sparky does some serious damage to him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure he is thier regualr full back now.

spike220
10-10-2013, 04:32 AM
I'll always forgive players who weren't very good but clearly tried eg Nish, Makalamby.

I reserve real dislike for players who treat is with disrespect. I'm sure it was Eddie Turnbull who said in his book that players should be made aware of just how great a history Hibs have and should appreciate playing for us. Some of us would give anything to play for Hibs and players who disrespect that chance i can't stand.

So step forward Matt Docherty. From Calling us Hearts in the interview after he signed, to laughing and saying no chance when asked if he would be back, to his 'i don't give a ****' comment after that final.

A total and utter ringpiece from the m8nute he arrived until he left.:top marks

weonlywon6-2
10-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Paul hartley-was rubbish

pacorosssco
10-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Zibi, Chris Jackson, Micheal Renwick, Simon Brown, Graeme Smith, Brian Kerr, too young but Joe Harper, not a player but Billy Brown,Andy Watson, Gary Caldwell, Matt Doherty

Albanian Hibs
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Hartley
Zibi (his name still makes me cringe)

lyonhibs
10-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Thierry F****** Gathuessi
Ross "Sir Pointalot" Chisholm
Simon Brown
Tony Caig (who always slips under the radar in our pantheon of pish keepers post-Andersson but was possibly the worst of the lot. That mid-week game in the fog at ER vs Dunfermline. No, noooooooooooooooooooooo)
Alan O'Brien - had more 2nd chances than Mike Tyson and then turned in the most feart performance at Tynecastle from a professional footballer that I've ever seen.
Benji (post time in Morocco/Belgium/Qatar version). Unfit, uninterested and - because of the talent we all knew he had - incredibly frustrating. That and the perma-Ramadan excuses for his lack of fitness/interest from some on here.

jodjam
10-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Wow! Versatile ? Not how I would describe him. Horrendous player.

Aldo
10-10-2013, 07:34 AM

Used to work and had the odd social with mark. Really nice guy and spoke very highly of Hibs. He used to work doon Porto way but that was nearly 7 years ago.

GlenrothesHibee
10-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Brian Hamilton

broonie27
10-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Andy Watson. Seems like a nice bloke but rotten.

Jarko Wiss, utter piss.

Pa Kujabi - if he hadn't played in THAT game we would only have be beaten by a goal or two -not FOUR.

Sproule Three
10-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Wilkins and Brian Hamilton
Surprised it took as long as 50 posts to mention the man who would rather lick stamps than play for Hibs he said on day that he signed for the poppy thieves .
Absolutely rank .
Must have been Alex Millers secret love child as he was always guaranteed a game

Gmack7
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
The cup winning CH Dave Beaumont

Pretty Boy
10-10-2013, 10:33 AM
The cup winning CH Dave Beaumont

If he had never played for Hibs then maybe, just maybe another centre back might have taken one for the team and swiped the legs from Wayne ****ing Foster.

We battered them that day until Beaumont rolled out the red carpet and that was that.

southsider
10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Martin Henderson, JK Brown, Zibby, Aly Scott, Joe Ward, Graham Fyffe....omg i would be here all day

snooky
10-10-2013, 10:51 AM

Whoa! Celtc are above that kind of stuff, Shirley :cb :wink:

Keith_M
10-10-2013, 10:53 AM
George Best.

He played for Hibs just as I started attending ER, getting a crowd of 20,000 at his first home game. I thought watching Hibs was always going to be like that.

:boo hoo:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Still confused by the Adam Le Fondre shout. Am I missing something?

FranckSuzy
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM
De Graf

carnoustiehibee
10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Gary Caldwell

Makaveli
10-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Stewart.

Still raging that he got a medal for sitting in his jacket that day.

Andy74
10-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Still confused by the Adam Le Fondre shout. Am I missing something?

One or two kept mentioning him on here as if he was a secret in England and we had some chance of getting him.

Mr White
10-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Stewart.

Dunno, if that's the only medal he got in his career (not certain about that though) then I imagine that really hacks him off- an unused sub as hibs win the cup- pleasing :greengrin

BH Hibs
10-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Most if not all of Jim Duffy's signings as well as him, Calderwood and Billy *** Brown on the coaching front.

Danielyma6
10-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Matt Doherty

Boyle89
10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Graeme smith! Lost count the amount of times I've seen teams fire 6 past him.

.Sean.
10-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Matt Doherty and Billy Brown. I'm convinced BB was some kind of double-agent for them when he was 'working' for us. Prick :agree:

Bishop Hibee
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Doherty, Soares and Osbourne. We've had players who were a lot worse but I'll never forgive these wage thieving, work shy, tackle fearing disgraces to the jersey.

MWHIBBIES
10-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Doherty, Soares and Osbourne. We've had players who were a lot worse but I'll never forgive these wage thieving, work shy, tackle fearing disgraces to the jersey.Osbourne was actually quite good for parts of that season, had a very good game away at Dunfermline in a 3-2 win, other two I agree with but he wasn't bad IMO.

hibbybrian
10-10-2013, 07:27 PM

His description of his time at Dundee is a bit exagerated too

Dundee Football Club

July 1977 – May 1981 (3 years 11 months) Dundee, United Kingdom

First team debut at age 16, played regularly in the Scottish Football and Premier Leagues.

He actually played 2 games in 1975-76 then 8 league games and 6 league cup games in 1979-80 before signing for Hibs 0n 29-4-1981

The fact that the fans called him Wendy Turnbull tells all about his efforts whilst man marking at Hibs :greengrin

Dalianwanda
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
We've had some rubbish but the only one a truly despise is Calderwood

HibbyAndy
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Eamonn Bannon

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
His description of his time at Dundee is a bit exagerated too

Dundee Football Club

July 1977 – May 1981 (3 years 11 months) Dundee, United Kingdom

First team debut at age 16, played regularly in the Scottish Football and Premier Leagues.

He actually played 2 games in 1975-76 then 8 league games and 6 league cup games in 1979-80 before signing for Hibs 0n 29-4-1981

The fact that the fans called him Wendy Turnbull tells all about his efforts whilst man marking at Hibs :greengrin

:greengrin He's obviously from the 'little bit of truth goes a long way' organisation :greengrin

andy1875
10-10-2013, 08:01 PM
There's been a few but nobody and I mean nobody comes close to Zibby for me.

A disgrace of a "goalie".

eastterrace
10-10-2013, 08:15 PM
There's been a few but nobody and I mean nobody comes close to Zibby for me.

A disgrace of a "goalie".

as i have said in earlier post he was a disaster, how mowbray thought he could do a job for us i will never know, he was poor in derby games and that lot let him know it , he use to crap himself when in goals at their end, think he tried to get subbed just before half time as he couldnt face in goals with these muppets behind him in one game at easter road. wish we had never set eyes on him

Tom Hart RIP
10-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Simon Brown was worse than Zibby IMO
I was at Tynie that night when he let in a howler but we managed to come back and win

eastterrace
10-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Simon Brown was worse than Zibby IMO
I was at Tynie that night when he let in a howler but we managed to come back and win
yes i was there to that night and it was a howler but never as bad as zibbys howlers ie scottish cup semi final in the 4=0 drubbing he was at fault with 3 goals , charlie adam two goals from free kicks at easter road i could go on and on the boy was a nightmare, oh forgot we are 2-0 up at easter road against them and he comes for a ball in the box just pass the penalty spot and the hearts player beats him too it , we end up drawing 2-2 and we were all over them but for that twat. oh john collins pub team game when we lost 3-2 twat features cost us the 3rd goal. hated that man

Tom Hart RIP
10-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Fair enough. Zibby in the semi and the 2-2 game was a nightmare.
I may be wrong but I think it was Brown who let in the Charlie Adam goals?????

Hiber-nation
10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Jimmy "Jas K" Brown, the worst player I've ever seen in a Hibs jersey. Sorry to Willie Ormond who signed him but how this guy was ever Aston Villa's youngest even player is beyond me and every other Hibbie who watched him in 14 abject performances attempting to run up the left wing with the ball without falling over. I remember us in the old North Enclosure pishing ourselves laughing at him trying to head a ball while some older guys were going absolutely ballistic. Happy days...:greengrin

SkintHibby
10-10-2013, 09:41 PM

Mark McGraw tremendous? Really???:confused:

OsloHibs
10-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Stewart.

:agree: Him and Zibi for me.

heidtheba
10-10-2013, 09:59 PM
If he had never played for Hibs then maybe, just maybe another centre back might have taken one for the team and swiped the legs from Wayne ****ing Foster.

We battered them that day until Beaumont rolled out the red carpet and that was that.

This - remember my mate saying that McIntyre would have brought Foster down...hard (walked but none of that pussy footing nonsense). 93/96 were my main seasons as a ST holder and I've been looking back at them fondly but its scary how many players from those years have made it onto this list.

Matt Doherty for his post final comments - shocking in any professional person - gets my vote for this thread.

crewetollhibee
10-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Mark McGraw tremendous? Really???:confused:

IMHO, yes.

hibee62
10-10-2013, 10:07 PM

Pretty sure it was McNeil...?

Pretty Boy
10-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Was definitely Brown.

Zibi is a strange one. I remember he started off ok without being fantastic then he had a great game in the 3-0 humping of Rangers (Ivan game) then very soon after it all went wrong.

A few Polish mates of mine assure me he has been great since moving back there and is playing regularly and well in the top division.

Can only guess it was a confidence thing and his nerves just got the better off him.

sahib
10-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Any players you REALLY wish had never played for Hibs?

Most of them. :greengrin

Diclonius
10-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Mark Brown, Matt Doherty, Pa Kujabi, Tom Soares and Isaiah Osbourne.

The other six players who started in that game have somewhat redeemed themselves with performances after/prior to that final. These five did nothing but produce a completely heartless, gutless and shameful display.

Dashing Bob S
10-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Was going to say Brian Kerr, but he never played for Hibs. Even that goal at Tynecastle was never actually seen by anyone. You can't find it on You Tube or anything - it simply never happened.

Saorsa
10-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Pretty sure it was McNeil...?It was Brown. Just about as bad as Malclownshoes

southsider
12-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Jimmy "Jas K" Brown, the worst player I've ever seen in a Hibs jersey. Sorry to Willie Ormond who signed him but how this guy was ever Aston Villa's youngest even player is beyond me and every other Hibbie who watched him in 14 abject performances attempting to run up the left wing with the ball without falling over. I remember us in the old North Enclosure pishing ourselves laughing at him trying to head a ball while some older guys were going absolutely ballistic. Happy days...:greengrin

Penelty shoot-out against Meadowbank when he took a pen.....and kicked the ground. We got put out but it was so funny.

18/03/07
12-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Andy Watson,Zarabi,Ray Wilkins

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Paul Dalglish........................excited at the very name but sadly let down.

Hibercelona
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Konte
Kerr
Kuqi

Imagine having those 3 K's up front. :boo hoo:

--------
12-10-2013, 05:46 PM

That's not a guess Richey, that's a certainty :greengrin

I'll go for Joe Ward. Supposed to be a striker - I just wish he'd gone on strike and saved us the horror of having to watch him play :agree:

You talkin' about me? You talkin' about ME? I said, you talkin' ABOUT ME? :devil:

Yes, indeed I do wish the Fat Yellow-Bellied Lardass had never darkened the doors of ER - and trust me, when his great fat belly loomed over the threshold closely followed by the mountainous backside and the pumpkinheid the size of a planet (and not a small planet, either) the lights indeed went out on the finest football team I've ever seen playing in the Scottish League. "Darkened" was the word for it.

Quite apart form his general personal obnoxiousness, his cowardice - very few "international" strikers hid from the ball the way Slimy Joe did whenever the boots started flying - and his unrivalled capacity for destroying team-spirit and making whatever company he was in unanimous in their opinion that The Adipose One was sorely in need of a Right Good Kicking - when I consider what Hibs might have done with the £140,000 that that idiot Turnbull wasted on "the striker who would win us the League Championship" (pause for hollow, cynical, disbelieving laugh) ...

The money squandered on Harper would have brought in three or four top-class players in those days - better players than Harper, and players who would have extended the life of the Tornadoes team rather than hastening its untimely demise.

Harper's transfer alone erased whatever respect I ever had for Eddie Turnbull. The squad he inherited had the best team-spirit of any team I've ever seen - not to mention the fact that every one of them was a footballer of the highest quality. If you take THAT team and compare it to the team he left when he retired, you can form a fair judgement of his capacity as a manager of Hibernian FC. We'd have been far far better off if Tom Hart hadn't fallen out with Willie MacFarlane. Willie Mac was a manager head and shoulders above Turnbull.

But FWIW, another player I devoutly wish had never been allowed near ER except in the colours of the poxy team he really loves is Mick Stewart A rank bad day it was when HE signed up.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Doddie hates Joe Harper. Fact.

--------
12-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Does it show that much, P_H? :devil:

McD
13-10-2013, 08:15 AM
You talkin' about me? You talkin' about ME? I said, you talkin' ABOUT ME? :devil:

Yes, indeed I do wish the Fat Yellow-Bellied Lardass had never darkened the doors of ER - and trust me, when his great fat belly loomed over the threshold closely followed by the mountainous backside and the pumpkinheid the size of a planet (and not a small planet, either) the lights indeed went out on the finest football team I've ever seen playing in the Scottish League. "Darkened" was the word for it.

Quite apart form his general personal obnoxiousness, his cowardice - very few "international" strikers hid from the ball the way Slimy Joe did whenever the boots started flying - and his unrivalled capacity for destroying team-spirit and making whatever company he was in unanimous in their opinion that The Adipose One was sorely in need of a Right Good Kicking - when I consider what Hibs might have done with the £140,000 that that idiot Turnbull wasted on "the striker who would win us the League Championship" (pause for hollow, cynical, disbelieving laugh) ...

The money squandered on Harper would have brought in three or four top-class players in those days - better players than Harper, and players who would have extended the life of the Tornadoes team rather than hastening its untimely demise.

Harper's transfer alone erased whatever respect I ever had for Eddie Turnbull. The squad he inherited had the best team-spirit of any team I've ever seen - not to mention the fact that every one of them was a footballer of the highest quality. If you take THAT team and compare it to the team he left when he retired, you can form a fair judgement of his capacity as a manager of Hibernian FC. We'd have been far far better off if Tom Hart hadn't fallen out with Willie MacFarlane. Willie Mac was a manager head and shoulders above Turnbull.

But FWIW, another player I devoutly wish had never been allowed near ER except in the colours of the poxy team he really loves is Mick Stewart A rank bad day it was when HE signed up.

after typing that doddie, you must be feeling extreme rage at what could have been, or serene calm after getting it out your system :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
13-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Katie Thomshun.

marinello59
13-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Katie Thomshun.

Dearie me.

clerriehibs
13-10-2013, 09:33 AM

O"Brien - possibly the only Hibs player I've ever been truly angry at.

cad
13-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Caused oh so much pain over the years

Joe Harper :brickwall hated him
AOB gutless ****
Zibi I tried and tried to like but he was a joke
Ray Wilkins should never have been at Hibs
Micheal Hart was another
Colin Calderwood get angry every time I see that *ucker
De Graf,biggest pup sold to Hibs in years cheers Yogi
Brian Kerr, 2nd minute goal at Tynecastle then heehaw for 2 years
Danny Galbraith ,Celtic goal that's it
Hurtado, Simon Brown , Tom Soares , Joe Keenan
Jonotan Johansson was another dud
Earl Jean , Lydon Andrews
As for the current squad ,well I would like to know how the scout sold McGivern to Man City that must be some chat

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
13-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Katie Thomshun.

Second time around?

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Katie Thomshun.

:wtf:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-10-2013, 10:24 AM

Just ever so slightly. I think you managed to keep a lid on it :greengrin

Boyle89
13-10-2013, 11:04 AM

Yes it was brown. Think it was two in two weeks? 1 in a cup game and another in the league the week after. I remember standing in the east screaming at brown to watch his 'near post' as that's where he put it only a week previously and what happened....went near post and he fluffed it!

Ray_
13-10-2013, 02:21 PM
]im Blair for me, he came in an era where signings were few and far between & at 45k, he was a lot of money. Since the mid to late nineties, there have been zillions of really bad signings, its hardly worth the effort of singling out any of them out.

The duffers from the past have been well documented,Martin Henderson, Fyfe, Scott, Ward, Bell, Watson & I would include Alex McGregor, although a free from Ayr United, signings back in 1973 were big news and I don't even think he got a game.

marleyhib
13-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Brian Hamilton, laughed when he signed for them.

18/03/07
13-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Andy Watson,Zarabi,Ray Wilkins
Add Junior Aggo to my list

SkintHibby
14-10-2013, 09:10 AM
:wtf:

To be honest, I'm not too enthused about KT being back at ER but I normally keep a lid on it. I might forgive, but I'll never forget.

southsider
14-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Brian Hamilton, laughed when he signed for them.

We got shot of him to them........and we got money (that was in the days when they paid some of their bills).

southsider
14-10-2013, 10:41 AM
1) Zibby, 2)Matt Doherty, 3)Duncan Lambie 4) Stuart Turnbull 5)David Stephens 6)Dave Beaumont 7)Tom Soares 8)Isaiah Osborne 9) Joe Ward 10) Martin Henderson, 11)Alan O'Brien. Thoughts ?

--------
14-10-2013, 11:59 AM
after typing that doddie, you must be feeling extreme rage at what could have been, or serene calm after getting it out your system :greengrin

I still feel deep regret at what might have been, and unlike many on this board I don't consider either Turnbull or Hart to be "great Hibbies".

Hart took over a club in reasonably good shape and left it worse off; Turnbull inherited a superb squad of players and left a shambles. The Harper deal was symptomatic of what went wrong and the wastage of £140,000 (a huge sum in those days) a major contributory factor in triggering the subsequent decline.

It won't ever be "out of my system" - for a few brief months we were privileged to see a Hibs team capable (on its day) of beating any other team in Britain, playing football of the highest possible quality, a team with such a rapport with the supporters that truly anything seemed possible.

Some folks point to Onion's broken leg and Mickey's suspension as the factors that broke the spell, but Des Bremner had arrived just before Onion's injury (and he was serious quality, BTW), and if we needed a back-up for Mickey (and we did) Turnbull should have signed one instead of bringing in a grossly inadequate replacement for a player (Alan Gordon) who didn't need replacing.

A good friend of mine at the time (who apparently still graces the West Stand) was with me the day Alan G returned to ER with Dundee.

Harper was 'playing' - or at least he was wearing a strip and occupying an irrelevant space on the pitch while doing nothing to contribute to the game.

Dundee broke up the slope; a cross came in from their right wing and guess who rose majestically to head the ball into the Hibs net? Alan Gordon himself.

My mate turned to us and pointing to AG said, "Look at that. Athleticism personified! And what do we have in his place?"

(Points to Lardass skulking back in the Hibs half - Lardass never tracked back, it was too much hard work for the wee slimebag.)

"THAT WEE FAT TURD!"

Perhaps someone who thinks Turnbull knew what he was about can explain the logic of replacing an admittedly part-time centre-forward, who was nevertheless built like a greyhound and fit as a butcher's dug, who covered every blade of grass during a match, and who scored 25-30 goals a season, with a wee fat guy who did very little running, who hid from any threat of a tackle, who poisoned the atmosphere in the dressing-room and who simply could not fit into the structure of the team as it was when he arrived? Whose arrival signalled the destruction of the best team of footballers I ever saw?

What Turnbull inherited from Willie Mac was a strike force of Alan Gordon and Jim O'Rourke, who performed nobly for him until they were unceremoniously punted as 'not good enough', to be replaced by Lardass Harper and TONY HIGGINS who was to the forward line what Benny Brazil was to the back four.

(That's Benny who according to Turnbull was going to be 'the new Pat Stanton'. :brickwall )

NOW I'm feeling better! :wink:

clerriehibs
14-10-2013, 12:09 PM
I still feel deep regret at what might have been, and unlike many on this board I don't consider either Turnbull or Hart to be "great Hibbies".

Hart took over a club in reasonably good shape and left it worse off; Turnbull inherited a superb squad of players and left a shambles. The Harper deal was symptomatic of what went wrong and the wastage of £140,000 (a huge sum in those days) a major contributory factor in triggering the subsequent decline.

It won't ever be "out of my system" - for a few brief months we were privileged to see a Hibs team capable (on its day) of beating any other team in Britain, playing football of the highest possible quality, a team with such a rapport with the supporters that truly anything seemed possible.

Some folks point to Onion's broken leg and Mickey's suspension as the factors that broke the spell, but Des Bremner had arrived just before Onion's injury (and he was serious quality, BTW), and if we needed a back-up for Mickey (and we did) Turnbull should have signed one instead of bringing in a grossly inadequate replacement for a player (Alan Gordon) who didn't need replacing.

A good friend of mine at the time (who apparently still graces the West Stand) was with me the day Alan G returned to ER with Dundee.

Harper was 'playing' - or at least he was wearing a strip and occupying an irrelevant space on the pitch while doing nothing to contribute to the game.

Dundee broke up the slope; a cross came in from their right wing and guess who rose majestically to head the ball into the Hibs net? Alan Gordon himself.

My mate turned to us and pointing to AG said, "Look at that. Athleticism personified! And what do we have in his place?"

(Points to Lardass skulking back in the Hibs half - Lardass never tracked back, it was too much hard work for the wee slimebag.)

"THAT WEE FAT TURD!"

Perhaps someone who thinks Turnbull knew what he was about can explain the logic of replacing an admittedly part-time centre-forward, who was nevertheless built like a greyhound and fit as a butcher's dug, who covered every blade of grass during a match, and who scored 25-30 goals a season, with a wee fat guy who did very little running, who hid from any threat of a tackle, who poisoned the atmosphere in the dressing-room and who simply could not fit into the structure of the team as it was when he arrived? Whose arrival signalled the destruction of the best team of footballers I ever saw?

What Turnbull inherited from Willie Mac was a strike force of Alan Gordon and Jim O'Rourke, who performed nobly for him until they were unceremoniously punted as 'not good enough', to be replaced by Lardass Harper and TONY HIGGINS who was to the forward line what Benny Brazil was to the back four.

(That's Benny who according to Turnbull was going to be 'the new Pat Stanton'. :brickwall )

Ned's not a great hibby? You're just discounting his FF days, then?

superfurryhibby
14-10-2013, 12:47 PM

"THAT WEE FAT TURD!"

Doddie, I don't think anyone can dispute that Turnbull wasn't a HIbs great. I would agree that he oversaw the break up of a wonderful team and the subsequent demise into the mediocrity of relegation.

In his book Turnbull's unhappiness with his managership of Hibs shone through. He seemed to reserve much more affection for his days at Aberdeeen.

I think Chairman Hart did have a big role in all of that. The sale of guys like Smith, Blackley, Brownlie and Bremner ensured that the foundations left to rebuild were very shaky. It does seem that Hart's heart wasn't in by then (say 1978). Seems i

I don't think anyone can explain why Turnbull signed wee fat Joe. It's an eternal mystery. Other transfer business also seems odd, the swap of Munro for Scott and Fyfe being an obvious example.

southsider
14-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Ned signed Alan Gordon from Dundee Utd for £13,000. Sorry to burst yir bubble

brian6-2
14-10-2013, 01:35 PM
paul hartley

cmcd
14-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Ned signed Alan Gordon from Dundee Utd for £13,000. Sorry to burst yir bubble
Correct Turnbull signed Alan Gordon Possibly his best ever signing

cmcd
14-10-2013, 02:27 PM
To be honest, I'm not too enthused about KT being back at ER but I normally keep a lid on it. I might forgive, but I'll never forget.
The people on here slagging off Kevin Thomson need to grow up and get a life

Ray_
14-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Correct Turnbull signed Alan Gordon Possibly his best ever signing

Along with Alex Edwards, two cracking signings. Although Ally McLeod, Des Bremner & Jackie McNamara were far from being shabby as well. :greengrin As well as the Alex Scott's, he brought in some class acts as well.

Ray_
14-10-2013, 03:52 PM
The people on here slagging off Kevin Thomson need to grow up and get a life

:top marks

Ray_
14-10-2013, 04:08 PM

"THAT WEE FAT TURD!"

I remember Harper playing for Aberdeen and he was a great player who scored a loads of goals, 68 in 102 games in his first spell there and a ratio better than one in two in his second spell, after he had left Hibs. His last game for Hibs was a reserve match, where he scored five. In his two spells at Morton, much of which was in the top league [if not all], he scored 65 goals in 85 games, so he certainly had the ability and that's why ET would have been attracted to him.

When he played for Everton I used to often see him in the extended highlights for the North West [the big match], as I lived just outside Manchester by then & he was far and away their most productive player, often playing in a midfield role and he scored 12 in his 43 games for them and I was delighted when we signed him. It didn't work out for him at Hibs, for whatever reason, but he certainly wasn't a player without ability.

Winston Ingram
14-10-2013, 07:03 PM
John Rankin - the person who proved you don't need talent to make it as a pro-footballer
Zibi - the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen
Matt Doherty & Tom Soares - I've never seen anyone who has given less of a **** than this pair.

erin go bragh
14-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Striker - Hurtardo
Keeper -Zibby
Defender -murdoch
Midfielder-power

Ggtth

PatHead
14-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Alan Gow who we all wanted for ages and was pants when he arrived

Suburban Hibby
14-10-2013, 09:43 PM

"THAT WEE FAT TURD!"

Doddie, I am a mere 43 and have suffered comparatively more year on year, Miller years etc- at least you saw real quality!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed your vent though, real judging good to not so good instead of not very good yo worse.

Pwrsonally- being spiteful and forgetting any decent performance- Dave Beaumont for not breaking postie foster in the centre circle- only one team in that game that meant so much.

And Stuart Turnbull, The wrong ' Mark Caughey', Jonathan Johannson & definitely Butch Wilkins.

Edit- and definitely Zibbi and that fat tube of a goalie who took the grubbing at Tynie that I can not remember his name!!!

Jonnyboy
14-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Doddie, I am a mere 43 and have suffered comparatively more year on year, Miller years etc- at least you saw real quality!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed your vent though, real judging good to not so good instead of not very good yo worse.

Pwrsonally- being spiteful and forgetting any decent performance- Dave Beaumont for not breaking postie foster in the centre circle- only one team in that game that meant so much.

And Stuart Turnbull, The wrong ' Mark Caughey', Jonathan Johannson & definitely Butch Wilkins.

Edit- and definitely Zibbi and that fat tube of a goalie who took the grubbing at Tynie that I can not remember his name!!!

Simon Brown :wink:

basehibby
14-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Blow it - I'm going for broke - a full team of huddies to make all your nightmares to come true...

--------------------Zibby-------------------

Doherty-----Beaumont----Murdoch-----Zarabi

O'Brien-------------De Graff--------------Kerr

---------Power--------Konte-------Kuqui----

I'm going for a mixture of ineptness, Glacier like slowness and chicken heartedness in defence backed up by the mind blowing incompetance of Zibby in goal. A near invisible midfield is centered about the singularly clapped out De Graff with O'Brien providing an outlet for ineffectualness on the right. With the dazzling nadir of creativity there provided I would expect the front trio of Power, Konte and Kuqui to easily reach negative figures. With it's 4-3-3 line up this team would not be short of entertainment with the sight of Konte jumping downwards and Zibby booting the ball off Zarabi's erse making us surefire bets to laugh our way to relegation.

Suburban Hibby
14-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Blow it - I'm going for broke - a full team of huddies to make all your nightmares to come true...

I'm going for a mixture of ineptness, Glacier like slowness and chicken heartedness in defence backed up by the mind blowing incompetance of Zibby in goal. A near invisible midfield is centered about the singularly clapped out De Graff with O'Brien providing an outlet for ineffectualness on the right. With the dazzling nadir of creativity there provided I would expect the front trio of Power, Konte and Kuqui to easily reach negative figures. With it's 4-3-3 line up this team would not be short of entertainment with the sight of Konte jumping downwards and Zibby booting the ball off Zarabi's erse making us surefire bets to laugh our way to relegation.

Wow, that's a team that post liquid Yams I hope would get a grubbing off!

Surely room for Paul Tosh as a sub?

The Green Goblin
15-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Zibi

Awful

HoboHarry
15-10-2013, 12:10 AM
I know he only played one game but what about that Austrian galoot Klaus Deitrich (spelling?) in central defence?

Hibercelona
15-10-2013, 12:41 AM
.............................Zibby................ ................

...Doherty...McQuilken....Beaumont...Zarabi....

....O'Brien... ..Wiss.........De Graaf......Kerr......

.......................Konte.....Hurtado.......... ............

Subs:

McNeil
Martis
Murdoch
Wilkins
Power
Ward
Tosh

Manager: Colin Calderwood

SouthMoroccoStu
15-10-2013, 07:30 AM
.............................Zibby................ ................

...Doherty...McQuilken....Beaumont...Zarabi....

....O'Brien... ..Wiss.........De Graaf......Kerr......

.......................Konte.....Hurtado.......... ............

Subs:

McNeil
Martis
Murdoch
Wilkins
Power
Ward
Tosh

Manager: Colin Calderwood

McNeil?!?!

As in Andy McNeil?

Cup winning goalie.

Shame he didn't work out at Hibs but wishing he never played for us is way off

erin go bragh
15-10-2013, 09:46 AM

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=2199779706

I'm going for a mixture of ineptness, Glacier like slowness and chicken heartedness in defence backed up by the mind blowing incompetance of Zibby in goal. A near invisible midfield is centered about the singularly clapped out De Graff with O'Brien providing an outlet for ineffectualness on the right. With the dazzling nadir of creativity there provided I would expect the front trio of Power, Konte and KuquiB to easily reach negative figures. With it's 4-3-3 line up this team would not be short of entertainment with the sight of Konte jumping downwards and Zibby booting the ball off Zarabi's erse making us surefire bets to laugh our way to relegation.

Beaumont was part of our cup winning team of 91 was he no ?
Bit harsh imo .

Ggtth

Peevemor
15-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Beaumont was part of our cup winning team of 91 was he no ?
Bit harsh imo .

Ggtth

Squad - he picked up a medal having never kicked a ball for Hibs.

Andy74
15-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Matt Doherty may have made a few stupid comments, most of them after a lot of goading from Hibs fans, but he would walk into the current team at right back and is probably the only decent right back we have had since Whittaker.

--------
15-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Mm-hmn. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to read on, John, I'll understand. Older punters of a nervous disposition should not read further. I'll only mention four, but they're all prime candidates for a place in The Forward Line From Hell (along with You Know Who.)

Remember Jim Blair? First time he waddled out onto the pitch three guys behind me burst out (in unison) with "What the **** id THAT?" Their question has never been answered. The only player other than Amadou Konte to master the art of jumping downwards.

Mark Caughey. An international for Northern Ireland, believe it or not. Played 15-20 games for us (I'd really rather not remember him too clearly) and scored a big fat ZERO. never even looked liked breaking his duck. This was the guy IIRC whom Kenny Waugh pursued all the way to the USA to beat other teams for his signature. There were no other teams who wanted his signature.

Graeme Fyfe. Ex-Rangers. Part of Ned Turnbull's "Brave New World" project to replace the Tornadoes. Not so much a Tornado as a Turnip. Usually appears in my screaming nightmares alongside the only Hibs centre-forward I loathe more deeply that Lardass, namely ...

... Ally Scott. (Absolutely NOT to be confused with Alex Scott, brother of Jim and right-winger on the night we trounced Napoli. Alex was a scholar and a gentleman, who could curl in as wicked a corner kick as you would wish to see in a long long season.) ALLY SCOTT, the footballer Frankenstein manufactured and scrapped before he started working on Amadou-do-do. I initially thought he was wearing his boots on the wrong feet, but later I came to realise that he had his right boot at the end of his right leg, and his left boot at the end of his left leg; the problem was that his right foot was in his left boot at the end of his left leg, and his left foot was in his right boot at the end of his right leg. And there was no connection whatsoever between his feet and what passed for his brain.

southsider
15-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Mm-hmn. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to read on, John, I'll understand. Older punters of a nervous disposition should not read further. I'll only mention four, but they're all prime candidates for a place in The Forward Line From Hell (along with You Know Who.)

Remember Jim Blair? First time he waddled out onto the pitch three guys behind me burst out (in unison) with "What the **** id THAT?" Their question has never been answered. The only player other than Amadou Konte to master the art of jumping downwards.

Mark Caughey. An international for Northern Ireland, believe it or not. Played 15-20 games for us (I'd really rather not remember him too clearly) and scored a big fat ZERO. never even looked liked breaking his duck. This was the guy IIRC whom Kenny Waugh pursued all the way to the USA to beat other teams for his signature. There were no other teams who wanted his signature.

Graeme Fyfe. Ex-Rangers. Part of Ned Turnbull's "Brave New World" project to replace the Tornadoes. Not so much a Tornado as a Turnip. Usually appears in my screaming nightmares alongside the only Hibs centre-forward I loathe more deeply that Lardass, namely ...

... Ally Scott. (Absolutely NOT to be confused with Alex Scott, brother of Jim and right-winger on the night we trounced Napoli. Alex was a scholar and a gentleman, who could curl in as wicked a corner kick as you would wish to see in a long long season.) ALLY SCOTT, the footballer Frankenstein manufactured and scrapped before he started working on Amadou-do-do. I initially thought he was wearing his boots on the wrong feet, but later I came to realise that he had his right boot at the end of his right leg, and his left boot at the end of his left leg; the problem was that his right foot was in his left boot at the end of his left leg, and his left foot was in his right boot at the end of his right leg. And there was no connection whatsoever between his feet and what passed for his brain.

You forgot the genius that was MARTIN HENDERSON, again an ex-Ger who was to goal scoring like an anvil was to wind surfing. Or the £80,000 priced Joe Ward whom i can't remember having a shot at goal far less scoring for us.

--------
15-10-2013, 01:16 PM
You forgot the genius that was MARTIN HENDERSON, again an ex-Ger who was to goal scoring like an anvil was to wind surfing. Or the £80,000 priced Joe Ward whom i can't remember having a shot at goal far less scoring for us.

No, I didn't. I just thought there was enough grief in the four I mentioned to be going on with. :devil:

At least Henderson and Ward (9 and 6 respectively?) didn't play too many games for us. It seemed like bloody Scott and Fyfe were here for ever.

I could also have mentioned Alan Cousin, who figured in Dundee's Hall of Fame as Alan Gilzean's strike partner (over 100 goals in just under 300 games for them). He was actually Dundee's top scorer three years in a row 1958, 1959, qnd 1960! He came to us in 1967 (I think) and scored 4 in 84 and looked totally clueless most of the time. He was moved from one position to another as Shankly tried to find somewhere in the team he wasn't entirely horrible. He failed.

Cousin was a Classics teacher (Latin and Greek) which was more than enough reason for me to dislike him. :grr:

Note: I stand corrected - Fyfe played 10 games, scored once; Scott played 38 games (THIRTY-EIGHT GAMES?????) and scored 4 times. I knew one of them was always in the freakin team.

Was Fyfe by any chance a Sick-note?

southsider
15-10-2013, 02:25 PM
No, I didn't. I just thought there was enough grief in the four I mentioned to be going on with. :devil:

At least Henderson and Ward (9 and 6 respectively?) didn't play too many games for us. It seemed like bloody Scott and Fyfe were here for ever.

I could also have mentioned Alan Cousin, who figured in Dundee's Hall of Fame as Alan Gilzean's strike partner (over 100 goals in just under 300 games for them). He was actually Dundee's top scorer three years in a row 1958, 1959, qnd 1960! He came to us in 1967 (I think) and scored 4 in 84 and looked totally clueless most of the time. He was moved from one position to another as Shankly tried to find somewhere in the team he wasn't entirely horrible. He failed.

Cousin was a Classics teacher (Latin and Greek) which was more than enough reason for me to dislike him. :grr:

Note: I stand corrected - Fyfe played 10 games, scored once; Scott played 38 games (THIRTY-EIGHT GAMES?????) and scored 4 times. I knew one of them was always in the freakin team.

Was Fyfe by any chance a Sick-note?

Did Scott not score 3 goals in his first 4 or 5 games then ONE in the next thirty-odd ?

Hibercelona
15-10-2013, 02:30 PM
McNeil?!?!

As in Andy McNeil?

Cup winning goalie.

Shame he didn't work out at Hibs but wishing he never played for us is way off

The error he made at Tynecastle where he simply allowed the ball to bounce over him was worse than any Zibby mistake.

He deserves to be in that lineup for that mistake alone. Never mind being quite pish in general anyway.

As for being in the cup winning squad. I don't recall him really having anything to do in that game.

southsider
15-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Did Scott not score 3 goals in his first 4 or 5 games then ONE in the next thirty-odd ?

And he looked like something from The Rocky Horror Picture Show......omg i think i'm in a time warp (again).

Hiber-nation
15-10-2013, 09:23 PM
The error he made at Tynecastle where he simply allowed the ball to bounce over him was worse than any Zibby mistake.

He deserves to be in that lineup for that mistake alone. Never mind being quite pish in general anyway.

As for being in the cup winning squad. I don't recall him really having anything to do in that game.

Eh...no, no and no.

Hiber-nation
15-10-2013, 09:28 PM

That pair, Blair and Ally Scott should never have been near Easter Road. Not forgetting Bobby Torrance!

Iggy Pope
15-10-2013, 09:49 PM

*****. I smell *****.
No Dino Zoff, but he did his bit that day and will have more medals and Scotland youth caps in his cabinet than you, me and most probably anyone else on this esteemed board.

Three cup winning sides in the puff of pretty much 100% of everyone on here and someone out of 33 of them shouldn't have played for Hibs.
Absolute ABSOLUTE ****ing baws.

Iggy Pope
15-10-2013, 09:57 PM

Tony Craig is the fat tube you are looking for. Well ahead of Andy McNeill in the starting line up.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Tony Craig is the fat tube you are looking for. Well ahead of Andy McNeill in the starting line up.

Caig :wink:

Iggy Pope
15-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Caig :wink:

It's spellcheck I'm afraid. Think it's him the poster means though.
Don't remember simon brown getting too many gubbings there.

Hiber-nation
15-10-2013, 10:20 PM
It's spellcheck I'm afraid. Think it's him the poster means though.
Don't remember simon brown getting too many gubbings there.

Aye,think it was the game when Mark Dempsie was marking big De Vries with Fenwick on the bench

jacomo
16-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Zibi Malclownshoes

I've said it before and I'll say it again - mentioning Zibi ahead of Simon Brown in any "worst keeper" list is just wrong. Zibi wasn't very good but at least he tried... Simon Brown was unfit and patently couldn't give a f***.