PDA

View Full Version : Season Defining Run?

rcarter1
09-10-2013, 07:01 AM
No secret that the next month brings big challenges, but how important can they be in defining the morale and confidence of the team and support?

19.10......Hibs - Celtic
26.10......Hibs - Aberdeen
30.10......Hibs - Hearts LCQ
3.11........Motherwell - Hibs
9.11........Hibs - ICT

Aldo
09-10-2013, 07:15 AM
No secret that the next month brings big challenges, but how important can they be in defining the morale and confidence of the team and support? 19.10......Hibs - Celtic 26.10......Hibs - Aberdeen 30.10......Hibs - Hearts LCQ 3.11........Motherwell - Hibs 9.11........Hibs - ICT

Tbh we just have to try and give Smellic a game however I really really do hope we can turn over the Sheep as that would stick it right up that bunch of clowns on the BBC with their Sheepy love in every week.

Mr White
09-10-2013, 07:23 AM
It's a tough run of games no doubt. Celtic will be difficult and realistically it'd be a surprise to take anything but I'm not quite so worried about aberdeen. A lot of the credit they've had this season was on the back of beating falkirk 5-0 and ICT 1-0, but since then they've taken 1 point from a possible 6 against ross county and st mirren. We should be beating them at home imo. Do that and it sets us up nicely for the cup game and the harder league games.

Saorsa
09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
No expecting much from the smell sick game TBH but hopefully it winnae be another one of they results. The biggie I would imagine at least as far as the fans are concerned is the LCQ against the manky mob, a loss tae that pish poor team at hame would I imagine finish Fenlon with a significant number of fans and be disasterous for the morale, atmosphere (and numbers) in the stands.

Gatecrasher
09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
4 of the next 5 games at ER! I don't know whether to look forward to that or not :greengrin

Saorsa
09-10-2013, 07:42 AM
4 of the next 5 games at ER! I don't know whether to look forward to that or not :greengrinI look forward tae fitba days, no the fitba itself any mair. I've only left one game this season (St. Mirren) thinking that was worth being at, the rest of it has been quite frankly deadful.

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
the players will be really really nervous by the end of that run of games at ER :(

erin go bragh
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
4 of the next 5 games at ER! I don't know whether to look forward to that or not :greengrin

Were 2 games undefeated at home .8->
A point against smelltic ,3 wins at the San Siro , point at well .

Ggtth

Spike Mandela
09-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Nobody should come to Easter Road and get an easy game. That's what we need to get back to.

neil7908
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
So what are our expectations in terms of points at the end of these fixtures? For me 4 points and a win in the derby is minimum required.

stoneyburn hibs
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
So what are our expectations in terms of points at the end of these fixtures? For me 4 points and a win in the derby is minimum required.

I would be happy with six points and a cup win out of that run of fixtures

patlowe
09-10-2013, 10:08 AM

Heart says 7 points and a morale-boosting destruction of the jam-bams.

Head says 6 points and a sneaky 1-0 win against Hearts.

Downtrodden, inferiority-complex infused Hibs fan in me says 2 points and another humiliating no-show against Hearts.

Take your pick!

Onceinawhile
09-10-2013, 11:17 AM
5 games we could easily lose all of. On the other hand, we could come out with 5 wins. Most important game is the derby, the players owe the fans after the last one and I hope they know it. Realistically we would expect celtic to win and motherwell to beat us away. So the other two games are huge. 6 points would be decent, if we can take upwards of that then happy days. Assuming we get through in the cup!

Purple & Green
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
5 games we could easily lose all of. On the other hand, we could come out with 5 wins. Most important game is the derby, the players owe the fans after the last one and I hope they know it. Realistically we would expect celtic to win and motherwell to beat us away. So the other two games are huge. 6 points would be decent, if we can take upwards of that then happy days. Assuming we get through in the cup!

All those games are very winnable, and very losable. Celtic have already lost 4 games this season.

Season defining? I think so, this is a very capable group of players who are grinding out results on the road. We really need to start doing this at home though.

The Hearts game is massive chance for the team to give something back to the fans as Hearts are very vulnerable just now and might well be on a long losing streak by the time they come to visit.

Bristolhibby
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM

If we are talking Credits and Debits, Hibs owe us big time. Certainly if you are like me in their early 30's.

A couple of League Cups, Ecks season, Moggas Season and 6-2 do not IMHO make up for a lifetime of dedicated service and disappointment.

J

Bristolhibby
09-10-2013, 11:52 AM
All those games are very winnable, and very losable. Celtic have already lost 4 games this season.

Season defining? I think so, this is a very capable group of players who are grinding out results on the road. We really need to start doing this at home though.

The Hearts game is massive chance for the team to give something back to the fans as Hearts are very vulnerable just now and might well be on a long losing streak by the time they come to visit.

A long losing streak - And we all know what Hibs are like with those!

J