PDA

View Full Version : Media Richie Towell Update (Not happy with Irish referees)

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, here again with more former Hibee updates! Richie Towell is still with Dundalk and still tearing up the League of Ireland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU8Azb-x33s

As always feedback appreciated:
http://www.facebook.com/interviewloi
@donaghcorby on twitter

Hibs90
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
And he's still pish.. :wink:

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM

He's actually just been called into the ireland set-up, the first time in almost four years for a League of Ireland player!

Mr White
08-10-2013, 07:53 PM
He's actually just been called into the ireland set-up, the first time in almost four years for a League of Ireland player!

Sad days for Ireland :greengrin

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Sad days for Ireland :greengrin

He won't be involved! He's just been asked to train with them!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2013, 07:56 PM
He won't be involved! He's just been asked to train with them!

What position is he playing in LOI, right back or midfield

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 07:56 PM
What position is he playing in LOI, right back or midfield

Central midfield!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Central midfield!

Don't think he ever played there with Hibs

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Well he is bossing it, and favourite to win LoI POTY. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the SPFL in January!

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Another case of being played out of position... Watch out for Lewis Stevensons man of the match performance in the Champions league Final as centre forward for Real Madrid.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
You need to change your username brother.....I always read it as Interviewlol and envisage some kind of Alan Carr chat. And it not. Thus, I'm not proud. No tears. None.

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Well he is bossing it, and favourite to win LoI POTY. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the SPFL in January!

Interesting.. we could do with a confident attack minded chap. Would welcome him back given the progress he seems to have made!

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Yes he played there a few times, he was pish. He thought he was Glenn Hoddle but was more Glenda Jackson.

bingo70
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
He was played on midfield a few times and he was absolutely honking there as well. Sounds like getting the boot from hibs gave him the boot up the arse he needed.

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Interesting.. we could do with a confident attack minded chap. Would welcome him back given the progress he seems to have made!

His passing, vision and movement is spectacular. however, sometimes he shows a bit of immaturity making the pass that bit too late!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes he played there a few times, he was pish. He thought he was Glenn Hoddle but was more Glenda Jackson.

He played right midfield, can't remember him playing in the centre though

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 08:08 PM

He did Billy, mostly if my memory is correct in the bottom 6 end of season dross games?

bingo70
08-10-2013, 08:09 PM

He played in the centre in a midweek game and he was so far off the pace it was embarrassing.

I think it was against st Johnstone or caley thistle.

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 08:10 PM
His passing, vision and movement is spectacular. however, sometimes he shows a bit of immaturity making the pass that bit too late!

yes please.. need some of this.

Making a pass a bit too late, not so much of a problem, providing it was a forward pass he is going for.

Could he be the next Paul Hartley?

Billy Whizz
08-10-2013, 08:10 PM
He did Billy, mostly if my memory is correct in the bottom 6 end of season dross games?

We agree on one thing BH, it was a bottom 6 sequence of dross games, I remember them well strangely enough!

BoltonHibee
08-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Scored quite a few goals too, a hat trick the other week

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 08:21 PM
I wonder if Pat Fenlon knows anything about him?

InterviewLoI
08-10-2013, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Pat Fenlon knows anything about him?

He didn't appear to when he was a Hibs player but I'm sure he's keeping a close eye on players here in Ireland!

Northernhibee
08-10-2013, 09:47 PM
He played in the centre in a midweek game and he was so far off the pace it was embarrassing.

I think it was against st Johnstone or caley thistle.

Against Aberdeen.

500miles
08-10-2013, 10:04 PM
He always looked a bit heavy at Hibs. Maybe he's got himself sorted out.

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 10:09 PM
He always looked a bit heavy at Hibs. Maybe he's got himself sorted out.

Indeed, January could be a good opportunity for Hibs to shuffle things. I might also quietly remind ourselves that Drogheda did a little better than we did against Malmo. :duck:

Bronson
08-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Central midfielder is the last position we need to strengthen. Wouldn't play him over thomson, robbo, craig or taiwo.

Worth bearing in mind the difference in standards over there. I mean we see some guff here but it's still head and shoulders above the level in Ireland, no disrespect intended.

Had he been playing out his skin at right back and improved so drastically, I would say he's worth a shout since we're so weak there but he'd be wasting his time trying to play cm for hibs right now, too much competition of a higher standard.

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Central midfielder is the last position we need to strengthen. Wouldn't play him over thomson, robbo, craig or taiwo.

Worth bearing in mind the difference in standards over there. I mean we see some guff here but it's still head and shoulders above the level in Ireland, no disrespect intended.

Had he been playing out his skin at right back and improved so drastically, I would say he's worth a shout since we're so weak there but he'd be wasting his time trying to play cm for hibs right now, too much competition of a higher standard.

I not convinced that this is true.
Agree our midfield is strong, but we still need forward thinking players in the team.

Billychaotic182
09-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Wouldn't be on big wages and would Defo be a player with a point to prove so I'd take him back

superbam
09-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Towell has had an incredible season at Dundalk - much improved since he was with us, both as a footballer but most noticeably fitness wise.

Disgraceful refereeing in the cup semi-final Dundalk were robbed.

The Harp Awakes
09-10-2013, 07:06 AM

Actually liked him when he was with us. Was still a young player and was always going to improve.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Some harsh comments on here. He was no world beater but other than his debut blip against Rangers, I thought he done reasonably well in his first spell. Not great second stint but wasn't played much and probably played out of position a lot of the time as well

InterviewLoI
09-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Some harsh comments on here. He was no world beater but other than his debut blip against Rangers, I thought he done reasonably well in his first spell. Not great second stint but wasn't played much and probably played out of position a lot of the time as well

Fenlon didn't fancy him