PDA

View Full Version : Subsidising away games

IFONLY
08-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I noticed on Sky Sports News that Man.Utd are paying £4 towards away tickets, seemingly all EPL teams have put away two hundred thousand pounds to cover this. Would this initiative make more Hibbys attend away games

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I noticed on Sky Sports News that Man.Utd are paying £4 towards away tickets, seemingly all EPL teams have put away two hundred thousand pounds to cover this. Would this initiative make more Hibbys attend away games

Heres a thought for Sky why don't THEY subsidise away games or incorporate that into the contract ...?

Mikey
08-10-2013, 04:14 PM
So Hibs would pay £4 per person and that money would go directly to our competitors??

LancashireHibby
08-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Heres a thought for Sky why don't THEY subsidise away games or incorporate that into the contract ...?

They have to an extent, there's where the £200,000 per club has come from. Not sure why it's taken Man Utd so long to decide when Stoke announced months ago about the free travel.

green&left
08-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Man Utd have been getting shafted with ticket prices due to the size of their fanbase. Think it was soemthing like £20 for one set of away fans to a certain ground (Might have been Wigan at Sunderland) but it was £50 for Man Utd & Liverpool fans.

They've been campaigning for £20 max for away fans in the EPL (Twenty's plenty i think it was called).

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Hibs could pay for a limousine filled to the brim with champagne and free hookers to take me to every game we play, and i'd still say no.

oconnors_strip
08-10-2013, 04:28 PM
They have to an extent, there's where the £200,000 per club has come from. Not sure why it's taken Man Utd so long to decide when Stoke announced months ago about the free travel.

I asked Hibs about subsidising supporters buses for games, especially the likes of Inverness and Dingwall. Didn't even get a proper answer, was told to show a business plan of how the English clubs do it

cocopops1875
08-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Did Killie no do this for Cellic the other week and the fans went mental

lucky
08-10-2013, 04:55 PM
If we keep asking Hibs for cheaper tickets for home and away games and now bus travel the team will be worse. We all want STF to splash the cash but too many supporters are not willing to spend their own hard earned following our club. I appreciate that football is expensive but does a £4 saving make that much of a difference to going to a game. Hibs are charging £28 for a Cat A game this season. Rather than a discounted ticket price why don't the SPFL set the prices for the season. That way it's equal for all.

frazeHFC
08-10-2013, 05:01 PM

It would probably make some more go, however over a season the club would lose a decent bit of money. Not as if we get anywhere near the income they do. Not too upset with the away prices at most grounds (student tickets for me tbf :greengrin) so £4 doesn't bother me too much.

matty_f
08-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Hibs could pay for a limousine filled to the brim with champagne and free hookers to take me to every game we play, and i'd still say no.

I'd just say I was going and take the limo, booze, and hookers.

LeithBoozy
08-10-2013, 05:38 PM

It would depend on the age of both mate. :wink:

Keith_M
09-10-2013, 04:41 PM
It would depend on the age of both mate. :wink:

Aye, if the Champagne is older than the......

Nope, I've decided not to finish that sentence

:greengrin

Future17
09-10-2013, 04:50 PM

Do they mean away tickets bought by their fans for United's away matches? Otherwise they aren't paying £4 towards it, they're just reducing the prices which, if all the clubs in the league have been given money to do this scheme, should just be the way it's done anyway....or are they trying to avoid the Killie v Celtc scenario from a couple of weeks back?

PISTOL1875
09-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Man Who ??

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-players-coaches-manager-6164183

Onceinawhile
09-10-2013, 08:56 PM

If we Got 50+ million from tv I'd hope we could put away some of it too!!

monktonharp
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I like very much the comments from Kompanny, at Man. C, alright it's easy for him, as he is now a millionare along with his team mates but good to see his comments. It is also an excellent move, from City's commercial staff. they want to make it better for away fans , screens with the away team featured more, etc. I wish some of the Scottish clubs could make it a "better experience" for away fans. Dundee Utd A/deen springs to mind immediately, but there are others. Partick Thisle were selling bags of crisps to us, just 10 mins after half time they ran oot o' pies fur goodness sake!

eastterrace
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM

good your keeping away.

Peevemor
09-10-2013, 09:07 PM

Would the rugby players not have a game on a Saturday?

jgl07
10-10-2013, 12:59 AM

It is the Premier League who have given £200,000 to each club to subsidise away match tickets.The was taken from the additional TV cash for this season.

To be honest is £4 off a match ticket going to make much difference. Reducing a £60 match ticket to £56 is hardly going to convince many to buy a ticket and pay for the cost of transport etc.

Manchester City have had a whip around from the playing and coaching staff to augment this and are halving the cost of away match tickets for season ticket holders. Now that may be worthwhile.

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2013, 06:11 AM
good your keeping away.

I know, my blood pressure is down, my wallet is thicker and my eyes have stopped bleeding.

Joe Baker II
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I asked Hibs about subsidising supporters buses for games, especially the likes of Inverness and Dingwall. Didn't even get a proper answer, was told to show a business plan of how the English clubs do it

Sad thing is if attitudes of club changed on many things (and their attitude toward away supporters is one particular bugbear I have - not just relating to subsidy btw) people like me might actually get a season ticket - though there will be no change while Petrie and O'Hagan are in post.

And nothing like £200k per year has to be spent to make a difference, it is attitude that is the problem.

Joe Baker II
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
So Hibs would pay £4 per person and that money would go directly to our competitors??

Very negative viewpoint - if other Boards took similar actions rather than see other clubs as what you describe as "competitors", Hibs would also benefit - plus as per previous post likelihood of better atmosphere at home games might actually make me get season ticket again.

Sadly I think your attitude is close to that of Petrie.

Keith_M
11-10-2013, 03:41 PM
If clubs wanted to encourage their fans to attend away games, one way could be to subsidise the cost of travel. That way, there would be no argument about putting money into other club's coffers. I can't see Scottish teams doing this, other than the ocassional match, as they don't have access to the riches available to the EPL.

What I would like to see is clubs getting together to discuss the general experience of attending games, particularly as away fans. Paying customers should not be treated as a cross between serious criminals and something nasty on the sole of your shoe. Sorting out the stewarding at places like Darkheid and generally ensuring decent facilities for away fans, e.g. no uncovered seats or crap views for extortionate prices, could be some of the things they examine first.

monktonharp
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
If clubs wanted to encourage their fans to attend away games, one way could be to subsidise the cost of travel. That way, there would be no argument about putting money into other club's coffers. I can't see Scottish teams doing this, other than the ocassional match, as they don't have access to the riches available to the EPL.

What I would like to see is clubs getting together to discuss the general experience of attending games, particularly as away fans. Paying customers should not be treated as a cross between serious criminals and something nasty on the sole of your shoe. Sorting out the stewarding at places like Darkheid and generally ensuring decent facilities for away fans, e.g. no uncovered seats or crap views for extortionate prices, could be some of the things they examine first.totally agree with your post. does the likes of Rod Petrie view this forum, or even consider some points if they are read. Aberdeen, D/Utd are disgraceful towards away fans. I actually saw a steward, jumping out of a toilet booth to catch anyone smoking ,at tannadice. their prices for tv matches at silly times are totally wrong too. as for Hibs subsidising away bus costs, not gonnae happen. the seem to want money from hibs tv fans,more

marinello59
12-10-2013, 09:50 AM
totally agree with your post. does the likes of Rod Petrie view this forum, or even consider some points if they are read. Aberdeen, D/Utd are disgraceful towards away fans. I actually saw a steward, jumping out of a toilet booth to catch anyone smoking ,at tannadice. their prices for tv matches at silly times are totally wrong too. as for Hibs subsidising away bus costs, not gonnae happen. the seem to want money from hibs tv fans,more

What percentage of the away support do you reckon travel there by bus? Wouldn't subsidising supporters buses just provide a slightly cheaper day out for people who are going anyway rather than increasing crowds/improving atmosphere etc?

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2013, 10:30 AM

This relates to a point I made on another thread. It seems to me that "engaging with the supporters" has turned into "dae it yer bloody sell"

Instead of co - operation between fans and club the club have a standard outlook on how things are and its up to the supporters to change their minds ....... Thats not co - operation as I understand it.

I dare say the club are well on board with certain initiatives like Leith Links because that is a money generating idea ... but anything which involves them having to change certain practices at the club or involves any outlay ... even in a speculate to accumulate scenario ... is a non starter.

I have to say that I for one am becoming more and more dissilusioned with the people who run Hibs. Instead of a professional dedicated board who devote their whole time to the club we appear to have the same sort of approach as an amatuer football club, where well meaning but otherwise occupied for most of the week with other matters folk are in charge.

The only way Hibs will put cash into supporters buses etc is if we end up in a play off and a big backing is required. Though I have to say I'm not too bothered about that. The EPL is a different scenario where some of the prices are an outrage.

Like the supporter of just about any club I would like to see someone in charge of my club who will pour in millions ... its a dream for most fans. Unfortunately in the case of Hibernian Football Club a new owner ( billionaire or not ) for me at least has stopped being a wee daydream and has turned into something of a necessity.

monktonharp
12-10-2013, 11:27 AM
What percentage of the away support do you reckon travel there by bus? Wouldn't subsidising supporters buses just provide a slightly cheaper day out for people who are going anyway rather than increasing crowds/improving atmosphere etc? maybe so mate, but I can assure you that we have had buses half full, then cancelled as its become not viable. some,especially younger lads/lasses are very precise when asking the price of the travel. a good few of the folk that want to go to away games, cant drive or don't want to. when you take in the travel cost,match entry cost,, and the likelihood of being treated fairly poorly at the away end , and then find that the ko time or date has changed because it's on tv, it's a no brainer. bus cancelled, from our branches' point of view. if other things were put in place, from the stadium you are going to, it could encourage people to travel and Hibernian do have a fairly good number of fans prepared to travel. my answer to your percentage question is, I don't know,but more would go if the price is less and the other extras mentioned.....are seriously looked at. when big clubs in the EPL are doing it, why the hell are the SPFL not? otherwise away travel will soon be a thing of the past.

joe breezy
12-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Let me know when you get the offer and I'll gladly take your place - definitely a case of its about the journey not the destination

marinello59
12-10-2013, 08:37 PM
maybe so mate, but I can assure you that we have had buses half full, then cancelled as its become not viable. some,especially younger lads/lasses are very precise when asking the price of the travel. a good few of the folk that want to go to away games, cant drive or don't want to. when you take in the travel cost,match entry cost,, and the likelihood of being treated fairly poorly at the away end , and then find that the ko time or date has changed because it's on tv, it's a no brainer. bus cancelled, from our branches' point of view. if other things were put in place, from the stadium you are going to, it could encourage people to travel and Hibernian do have a fairly good number of fans prepared to travel. my answer to your percentage question is, I don't know,but more would go if the price is less and the other extras mentioned.....are seriously looked at. when big clubs in the EPL are doing it, why the hell are the SPFL not? otherwise away travel will soon be a thing of the past.

The big clubs n the EPL are doing it because they can afford to . It's small change to them.

PatHead
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
totally agree with your post. does the likes of Rod Petrie view this forum, or even consider some points if they are read. Aberdeen, D/Utd are disgraceful towards away fans. I actually saw a steward, jumping out of a toilet booth to catch anyone smoking ,at tannadice. their prices for tv matches at silly times are totally wrong too. as for Hibs subsidising away bus costs, not gonnae happen. the seem to want money from hibs tv fans,more

Dundee Utd have changed the firm providing stewards following complaints. Hopefully it will make a difference.

PatHead
12-10-2013, 08:56 PM
This relates to a point I made on another thread. It seems to me that "engaging with the supporters" has turned into "dae it yer bloody sell"

Instead of co - operation between fans and club the club have a standard outlook on how things are and its up to the supporters to change their minds ....... Thats not co - operation as I understand it.

I dare say the club are well on board with certain initiatives like Leith Links because that is a money generating idea ... but anything which involves them having to change certain practices at the club or involves any outlay ... even in a speculate to accumulate scenario ... is a non starter.

I have to say that I for one am becoming more and more dissilusioned with the people who run Hibs. Instead of a professional dedicated board who devote their whole time to the club we appear to have the same sort of approach as an amatuer football club, where well meaning but otherwise occupied for most of the week with other matters folk are in charge.

The only way Hibs will put cash into supporters buses etc is if we end up in a play off and a big backing is required. Though I have to say I'm not too bothered about that. The EPL is a different scenario where some of the prices are an outrage.

Like the supporter of just about any club I would like to see someone in charge of my club who will pour in millions ... its a dream for most fans. Unfortunately in the case of Hibernian Football Club a new owner ( billionaire or not ) for me at least has stopped being a wee daydream and has turned into something of a necessity.

Comments like that hack me off. Easy to criticise. How about monthly season tickets with Hibs picking up the interest or no booking fees or free kids tickets for Hibs kids or paying fees for players this season. Take it they all just plucked money out the sky and the club had no outlay?

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Comments like that hack me off. Easy to criticise. How about monthly season tickets with Hibs picking up the interest or no booking fees or free kids tickets for Hibs kids or paying fees for players this season. Take it they all just plucked money out the sky and the club had no outlay?

Yeh ... bit still a net gain I would guess.

Believe me its not easy for me to criticise the club or even the people who run it. Like many people on here I have invested years following Hibs and have done a few daft things in order to get to games.

But as I said ... it appears to me that things the club should seriously look at in order to keep fans on side are being passed over to the fans themselves to take forward. And at this point I will admit that my biggest bugbear at the moment is the smoking issue. I have E Mailed the club twice over the last 6 weeks on this issue ( auto reply received ) but with no actual response from the club.

I dont want to get into a smoking debate and as far as I'm concerned thats not the point of this. The point is that as a customer of a business with a product to sell has sent a considered request to that business and has had no response. So yeh I'm hacked off with Hibs at the moment, but this one issue is only symptomatic of what I see to be a bigger problem in as much as the club appears to be getting its customers to do all the work on certain issues. The guy who was asked to prepare facts and figures about the EPLs approach to subsidising away fans being a case in point.

The ethos seems to be that the club begins from the standpoint of why should we change anything or even we dont want to change something because thats not what the club wants and screw what the 'customers' want.

Imagine if I wrote to TESCO and said to them .... I see that ASDA, Morrisons and Sainsbury have autoteller machines at their stores, why dont you do the same and their response was. OK why dont you prepare a dossier on why they do that and how it works and what the cost will be to us and we'll look into the matter. Businesses dont go about things that way. They listen to what customers want and work out how to make it happen. Even if that is to satisfy a small percentage of those customers.

I've said it before ..... Football clubs take advantage of their customers loyalty big time by charging inflated prices for basic items, not to mention the changes to kick off times and stuff like that which annoy the fans. The very very stupidest thing a club can do is to make the mistake of thinking that the fans are stupid and dont realise that their loyalty is being taken advantage of.

Co - operation with the fans is a great idea ........ passing the buck is not.

Keith_M
13-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Dundee Utd have changed the firm providing stewards following complaints. Hopefully it will make a difference.

Good news.

Now if they could do something about the stewards at Darkheid...

FranckSuzy
13-10-2013, 12:39 PM

The only 2 ways that Hibs are 'on board' with Leith Links are 1) allowing me to say 'supported by' or 'approved by' on any literature/advertising of the fund and 2) specifically asking me not to advertise it as a money-making exercise for them a la a Manager's Fund. It is about getting kids to the games, nothing more, nothing less. Hibs actually sell the Kicks for Kids tickets at a vastly reduced price but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument :aok:

green&left
13-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Good news.

Now if they could do something about the stewards at Darkheid...

Dunno when you were last at Celtic Park but don't believe the nonsense you read on here about the police/stewards at that ground anymore, i havn't had or seen an issue with them for a few seasons. They used to be bad, but no worse than anyother SPL clubs now.

Good to hear about Dundee Utd, they're a complete joke!

Godsahibby
13-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Instead of the club subsiding away travel I've always thought it would be a goi idea to try putting on buses for home games maybe from the borders, Glasgow and Fife. Help get additional fans through the gate. The cost of the buses would be nothing compared to the additional gate money.

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2013, 04:02 PM
The only 2 ways that Hibs are 'on board' with Leith Links are 1) allowing me to say 'supported by' or 'approved by' on any literature/advertising of the fund and 2) specifically asking me not to advertise it as a money-making exercise for them a la a Manager's Fund. It is about getting kids to the games, nothing more, nothing less. Hibs actually sell the Kicks for Kids tickets at a vastly reduced price but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument :aok:

I stand corrected. Still hasnt changed my opinion though :aok:

FranckSuzy
13-10-2013, 06:02 PM
I stand corrected. Still hasnt changed my opinion though :aok:

You do realise that some of the initiatives that are on-going at the moment are because of the Let's Work Together team? Yes, you read that correctly - Let's. Work. Together. Hibs have advised that they can't do everything themselves, whether that be because they don't have the money/staff or even because a new idea has been brought to their attention. Why shouldn't supporters help out where they can? Some of us would rather do something positive and actually assist the club whilst, it seems, some would rather moan about all the things the club ISN'T doing.

Your analogy regarding Tesco is rather strange IMHO as obviously Tesco would already have ATM machines. The work the club and the LWT team are doing is for those things that are not ordinarily in place at other clubs. The Hibs lotto is a first in Scotland, the East Terrace stone is innovative and the Crest on The West idea is being investigated in response to the fans pleas and there are many other projects ongoing.

The safe standing area idea is another issue. No-one has come forward and asked the question of the club, despite many comments on here and other forums. Some people have volunteered to be part of a sort-of feasibility study and fair play to them. There were, however, no questions about it at the last couple of LWT meetings and no questions asked at the AGM. I, however, am interested so I took it upon myself to actually ask RP at the recent AGM.

The club are not perfect, by any means, BUT there can't be improvements if people are not prepared to pitch in, and engage where possible. Some, it would seem. would rather moan from behind their keyboard about all the things they perceive Hibs not to be doing and turn a blind eye to those projects that are being taken forward. GGTTH.

Edit: If your gripe about smoking in the stadium is not being answered, why not take the opporchancity and come along yourself to a LWT meeting and state your case? OR, ask one of the people who do go to ask it for you? We're in this together :aok:

Joe Baker II
14-10-2013, 08:51 AM

What I would like to see is clubs getting together to discuss the general experience of attending games, particularly as away fans. Paying customers should not be treated as a cross between serious criminals and something nasty on the sole of your shoe. Sorting out the stewarding at places like Darkheid and generally ensuring decent facilities for away fans, e.g. no uncovered seats or crap views for extortionate prices, could be some of the things they examine first.

Problem is this has been issue for years, but when we had managers like Mowbray and Collins who attracted respectable crowds to Easter Road (and pre-recession too), many fans purchased season tickets despite of the Board's complete refusal to address complaints regarding treatment of travelling supporters at certain grounds. To be fair to Petrie and O'Hagan Easter Road pre-new East Stand was always seen as a hassle-free visit by away supporters so there was little disincentive not to buy season ticket for Hibs - it is not now.

As posted earlier think an attempt by Hibs to address even 1 of the areas highlighted (smoking ban was another completely unnecessary and cack-handed operation by the club and I have never smoked in my life) might actually make me think about getting a season ticket again.

Having been at forums in the past (not recently though I have written to club several times), it was clear that the likes of Gary O'Hagan in post, any proposal that involved a significant change in approach would get nowhere. Not an excuse I know but hard to blame fans who see no point in any club-sponsored discussions when it is clear only withholding money will lead to any change.

green&left
14-10-2013, 10:35 AM
You do realise that some of the initiatives that are on-going at the moment are because of the Let's Work Together team? Yes, you read that correctly - Let's. Work. Together. Hibs have advised that they can't do everything themselves, whether that be because they don't have the money/staff or even because a new idea has been brought to their attention. Why shouldn't supporters help out where they can? Some of us would rather do something positive and actually assist the club whilst, it seems, some would rather moan about all the things the club ISN'T doing.

Your analogy regarding Tesco is rather strange IMHO as obviously Tesco would already have ATM machines. The work the club and the LWT team are doing is for those things that are not ordinarily in place at other clubs. The Hibs lotto is a first in Scotland, the East Terrace stone is innovative and the Crest on The West idea is being investigated in response to the fans pleas and there are many other projects ongoing.

The safe standing area idea is another issue. No-one has come forward and asked the question of the club, despite many comments on here and other forums. Some people have volunteered to be part of a sort-of feasibility study and fair play to them. There were, however, no questions about it at the last couple of LWT meetings and no questions asked at the AGM. I, however, am interested so I took it upon myself to actually ask RP at the recent AGM.

The club are not perfect, by any means, BUT there can't be improvements if people are not prepared to pitch in, and engage where possible. Some, it would seem. would rather moan from behind their keyboard about all the things they perceive Hibs not to be doing and turn a blind eye to those projects that are being taken forward. GGTTH.

Edit: If your gripe about smoking in the stadium is not being answered, why not take the opporchancity and come along yourself to a LWT meeting and state your case? OR, ask one of the people who do go to ask it for you? We're in this together :aok:

What would be involved in that?

Its something i'd love to see at Easter Road. And as Partick demonstrated last Saturday, there's no reason why we couldn't implement something similar at Easter Road. (For those not at last Mondays game Partick had about 600 fans all stood behind the goal in their all seater stand)

Viva_Palmeiras
14-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Apparently the thing do you is feign a concession when PATG for away games according to the Getting chased for Student ID thread as the stewards "don't care"... :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
14-10-2013, 12:47 PM
What would be involved in that?

Its something i'd love to see at Easter Road. And as Partick demonstrated last Saturday, there's no reason why we couldn't implement something similar at Easter Road. (For those not at last Mondays game Partick had about 600 fans all stood behind the goal in their all seater stand)

If you would like, I'll pass your details on to the LWT guys who are looking into this.

NAE NOOKIE
14-10-2013, 07:05 PM

First paragraph:

My gripe is that theres a line between assisting the club or having an input and the club leaving the whole shooting match to the fans. To me they are close to crossing that line. If the end of the paragraph was aimed at me then you're wide of the mark. I've had quite a reasonable amount of input into the standing area group, though its hard to be hands on due to other commitments.

Second paragraph:

Everybody is aware that TESCO have cash machines, it doesnt make my analogy any less relevant.

Third paragraph:

I have an E Mail response on my computer from Gary O'Hagan to the group working on this ( the content was confidential and so I would not dream of mentioning what it said ) which suggests the question has been asked. Also see my response to paragraph one.

Fourth and Fifth paragraphs:

I'm aware that there are projects in the pipline and that there is merit in many of them. But you can turn your point of view on this on its head and say that the fact that the club have taken some things forward doesnt mean a blind eye should be turned to the things they dont do right. An E Mail to the club complaining about an aspect of their customer service is not 'moaning from behind my keyboard' as you put it. Its a valid and universally accepted way of bringing a complaint to the attention of any business.

As a customer I do not expect to have to present myself in person to the folk running that business in order to get a hearing. Though I have to say that any response, even one saying come along and present your case at the next LWT meeting would have been accepted. To get no response whatsoever is rank bad customer service and in my opinion no way to treat someone who's slavish devotion to the cause over decades should make him a valued customer, though given the state of Scottish football at the moment any customer should be treated like gold dust. I cant say I feel particularly valued by the people running HFC at the moment.

FranckSuzy
14-10-2013, 10:47 PM
First paragraph:

My gripe is that theres a line between assisting the club or having an input and the club leaving the whole shooting match to the fans. To me they are close to crossing that line. If the end of the paragraph was aimed at me then you're wide of the mark. I've had quite a reasonable amount of input into the standing area group, though its hard to be hands on due to other commitments.

Second paragraph:

Everybody is aware that TESCO have cash machines, it doesnt make my analogy any less relevant.

Third paragraph:

I have an E Mail response on my computer from Gary O'Hagan to the group working on this ( the content was confidential and so I would not dream of mentioning what it said ) which suggests the question has been asked. Also see my response to paragraph one.

Fourth and Fifth paragraphs:

I'm aware that there are projects in the pipline and that there is merit in many of them. But you can turn your point of view on this on its head and say that the fact that the club have taken some things forward doesnt mean a blind eye should be turned to the things they dont do right. An E Mail to the club complaining about an aspect of their customer service is not 'moaning from behind my keyboard' as you put it. Its a valid and universally accepted way of bringing a complaint to the attention of any business.

As a customer I do not expect to have to present myself in person to the folk running that business in order to get a hearing. Though I have to say that any response, even one saying come along and present your case at the next LWT meeting would have been accepted. To get no response whatsoever is rank bad customer service and in my opinion no way to treat someone who's slavish devotion to the cause over decades should make him a valued customer, though given the state of Scottish football at the moment any customer should be treated like gold dust. I cant say I feel particularly valued by the people running HFC at the moment.

I agree with your points about feeling ignored and yes, Hibs could do better at some things...however, I do think some people, not just you, don't want to see the positive things that Hibs are doing and focus solely on the negatives. My points about those who like to moan from behind a keyboard were not particularly or solely aimed at you, honest :greengrin

If you've already had communication with Gary O'Hagan, could you not perhaps follow up your particluar issue with him? At least he seems to have answered you so you know he's receiving the emails..? Or, if you want to forward your concerns to one of the LWT folk, I'm sure we could put your issues across at the next LWT meeting :agree: What I'm trying to say, in perhaps a long-winded way is, there are other avenues that can be explored if the one you're using doesn't seem to be successful, for whatever reason :aok: