PDA

View Full Version : supportes buses from last night.

monktonharp
08-10-2013, 09:00 AM
I would like to thank and congratulate all those who put their names down , yet failed to turn up for our bus to Partick Thistle( Milton Mowbray HSC). not only did we suffer a financial loss because of this............you also denied fellow Hibees the chance of joining our bus, because we did have lots of enquiries up until the last minute. I spoke to another convener, who had the same situation. thanks to all

tigerted
08-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Best idea would be to name and shame them. After that, don't let them on future buses!

monktonharp
08-10-2013, 09:15 AM
working on that:agree:

Lmc2105
08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah we had same issue last night working on ways to make sure it doesn't happen again but extremely difficult sometimes.

Leishy1995
08-10-2013, 09:37 AM
I'd also like to thank and congratulate Lothian buses for telling me there was no problems with the 44 night bus yet I waited 2 hours on princes street before eventually deciding to walk to London road at which point I grabbed a 26 just to take me closer to wallyford before eventually walking another 20 minutes home. Sare one after the train home

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Thats a sair yin, I thought the N44 only ran in the early hours of Sat and Sun.

Bristolhibby
08-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Cash in advance, through internet banking or no seat?

J

DaveF
08-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I would like to thank and congratulate all those who put their names down , yet failed to turn up for our bus to Partick Thistle( Milton Mowbray HSC). not only did we suffer a financial loss because of this............you also denied fellow Hibees the chance of joining our bus, because we did have lots of enquiries up until the last minute. I spoke to another convener, who had the same situation. thanks to all

You do know that some people may well have legitimate excuses for not showing? I really hope no-one had a family emergency to attend to and then find themselves being slagged off on a public forum afterwards.

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case for all - I don't know how many you are talking about - but try to see past the red mist before slagging all those those who didn't show.

scoopyboy
08-10-2013, 11:25 AM

East Lothian Hibs have suffered from the same in the past.

No perfect solution I'm afraid.

Occasionally some have paid retrospectively and apologised for the no show.

You could ask those concerned for their fare but I suppose the downside is you don't want to alienate them for future buses where you might be grateful for their fare.

Brooster
08-10-2013, 11:43 AM
East Lothian Hibs have suffered from the same in the past.
No perfect solution I'm afraid.

Occasionally some have paid retrospectively and apologised for the no show.

You could ask those concerned for their fare but I suppose the downside is you don't want to alienate them for future buses where you might be grateful for their fare.

Seems to have stopped since we started naming and shaming them on our Facebook page though!!

Jack
08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
You do know that some people may well have legitimate excuses for not showing? I really hope no-one had a family emergency to attend to and then find themselves being slagged off on a public forum afterwards.

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case for all - I don't know how many you are talking about - but try to see past the red mist before slagging all those those who didn't show.

Those people had 15 hours plus to even just send a text before the OP to cancel or apologise.

That's just being selfish and ignorant not getting in touch. Only one reason I can think of that's reasonable.

These guys that arrange coaches expend a helluva lot of time and effort, often without thanks, so that others have an easy ride.

DaveF
08-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Those people had 15 hours plus to even just send a text before the OP to cancel or apologise.

That's just being selfish and ignorant not getting in touch. Only one reason I can think of that's reasonable.

These guys that arrange coaches expend a helluva lot of time and effort, often without thanks, so that others have an easy ride.

I absoluey agree Jack and didn't say anything to the contrary. All I pointed out was that some (maybe even only 1) folk may have had a short notice emergency and the last thing on their mind would have been cancelling a space on a bus. The OP was talking about ALL no shows and potentially naming and shaming them.

derekHFC
08-10-2013, 01:53 PM

Appreciate the hassle involved in this and have every sympathy for you guys however, I'm sure the branch have made extra money on other journey's when their bus has been full. This additional money hopefully covers any short-fall last night.

As Dave says, some people may have had a good excuse, but some maybe couldn't be arsed going. Don't generalise :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
08-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Hope you all tolerate a one strike and you're out policy. No room for no shows on buses. Talking from some bad experiences and having to pay the driver out my own pocket numerous times to cover the expense.

People need to wisen up.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-10-2013, 02:54 PM

thats where mobile phones come in handy. Most folk have them and know how to use one (or pass info on), i think anyway!

Hibernia Na Eir
08-10-2013, 02:55 PM

spot on dude :agree:

GORDONSMITH7
08-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Has the Branch got a bank account amigo. Jamie of the Bounce/ St. Patrick's Branch fame after similar **** now makes sure that dough is sent to a bank account/paypal. No pay, no go. 50 of us up to Inverness all paid for ahead of the day. It's the only way in my opinion as even a few no shows can result in financial loss. When folk part with dough up front it concentrates the mind.

GGTTH

BIG G

DaveF
08-10-2013, 03:09 PM
thats where mobile phones come in handy. Most folk have them and know how to use one (or pass info on), i think anyway!

Very good :rolleyes:

monktonharp
08-10-2013, 03:47 PM

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case for all - I don't know how many you are talking about - but try to see past the red mist before slagging all those those who didn't show. awrite, what would you say then, to someone who booked seats a week in advance and was asked to confirm by phone. then to find they have confirmed, a half hour before I was leaving for the game. that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway. I then decided that we cant leave without them, so gave them some extra time to meet the bus. the bus waited for them, but eventually we had to go! . still waiting on a phone call btw. so don't try and lambast me, about not knowing the situation of others etc. I had a bus full of folk wondering why the bus was stationary.

DaveF
08-10-2013, 05:05 PM
awrite, what would you say then, to someone who booked seats a week in advance and was asked to confirm by phone. then to find they have confirmed, a half hour before I was leaving for the game. that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway. I then decided that we cant leave without them, so gave them some extra time to meet the bus. the bus waited for them, but eventually we had to go! . still waiting on a phone call btw. so don't try and lambast me, about not knowing the situation of others etc. I had a bus full of folk wondering why the bus was stationary.

Wow, calm down there Mr Harp. Exactly where did I lambast you in my post? I've already agreed with Jack's comments that bus convenor's do a thankless job, yet you have still dived in with both feet.

All I was trying to do was point out that someone may have a genuine reason for dropping out. A child ill, an accident or a bereavement. You were alluding to naming and shaming people and I disagreed with that. Now, you have given an example and I can understand your frustration but not everyone will have bumped you just for the hell of it, yet you were willing to cast everyone in the same mould.

Do try reading posts before replying in future.....

DC_Hibs
08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow, calm down there Mr Harp. Exactly where did I lambast you in my post? I've already agreed with Jack's comments that bus convenor's do a thankless job, yet you have still dived in with both feet.

All I was trying to do was point out that someone may have a genuine reason for dropping out. A child ill, an accident or a bereavement. You were alluding to naming and shaming people and I disagreed with that. Now, you have given an example and I can understand your frustration but not everyone will have bumped you just for the hell of it, yet you were willing to cast everyone in the same mould.

Do try reading posts before replying in future.....

Meanwhile in the real world Dave................

ronaldo7
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM

I'm just home from work, and have received a pm from you indicating that you think you offered me seats on your bus.

Firstly I do not have your telephone number and so all correspondence was done through the pm on here.

Here is a list of our conversations.

Ronaldo7
Hi mate, Does the bus go back to the ship after the match? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.10pm

Monktonharp
yep. are you on it? or looking for seats? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.42

Ronaldo7
My daughter is disabled (ambulant), and has difficulty walking long distances, she can walk from Tamsons up to ER though:greengrin. I normally take the car to away games but can't be bothered with this one so was looking for a bus close to home. Posted on 6/10/13 at 07.26

Monktonharp
we have seats available, just let me know the numbers.leaving ship at 5, heading through edin. returns to ship eventually. £10 adult 16 and under £7 Posted 6/10/13 at 11.05am

Ronaldo7
Cheers mate. I will be speaking to Nicola at the ticket office in the morning so should give you a definite answer late morning/early afternoon. Posted 6/10/13 at 8.12pm

Monktonharp
ok, thats fine. we are running a bus, don't care what the Hibernian office says, we' ll be there. let me know if you are going and if you want to travel with us. ggtth

DAY OF THE MATCH
Ronaldo7
2 seats from the ship please. Posted 45 Minutes before the bus leaves the Ship. 16.15

I then went onto the travel thread to see that you had posted the bus was full at 16.23, so I posted on that thread to ask if I had seats on the bus as you had not responded to me. NO REPLY

I then got in this evening to find a pm in my inbox.
Monktonharp
we held the bus, until 5:10pm, but you never showed. I had refused others, who wanted seats. you, along with 5 others failed to turn up which meant we had 23 people on a thirty seat bus. the branch thereby incurred a loss. thank you.

My response
I sent you a pm at 16.15 asking for two seats on the bus with no reply from you only to find you had posted on the travel thread that the bus was full. I then posted on the travel thread if the two seats were for me as you had previous conversations with others wanting seats. We sat in our house waiting for a response from you as to whether these seats were available. As I don't have a telephone number for you, how was I supposed to contact you??

Raging doesn't come close. Reputations are hard earned and easily tarnished. If I say I will do something then I will do it.

If any of the admins want to verify the times/dates quoted please feel free.

ronaldo7
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
awrite, what would you say then, to someone who booked seats a week in advance and was asked to confirm by phone. then to find they have confirmed, a half hour before I was leaving for the game. that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway. I then decided that we cant leave without them, so gave them some extra time to meet the bus. the bus waited for them, but eventually we had to go! . still waiting on a phone call btw. so don't try and lambast me, about not knowing the situation of others etc. I had a bus full of folk wondering why the bus was stationary.

Disgusting.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
I can understand you being hacked off, but, a pm should remain just that.

ronaldo7
08-10-2013, 07:12 PM

I pm'd him tonight whilst he was online and am still waiting for a reply.

DaveF
08-10-2013, 07:13 PM

Personally, I think ronaldo7 is very much entitled to a right of reply.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Personally, I think ronaldo7 is very much entitled to a right of reply.

I just don't think a pm should be getting re-produced on the main board. Obviously deserves a reply (via pm) that I'd like to read though! ;-)

ronaldo7
08-10-2013, 07:26 PM

I just don't think a pm should be getting re-produced on the main board. Obviously deserves a reply (via pm) that I'd like to read though! ;-)

He opened the door.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 07:32 PM
That was equally out of order, anyway its really nowt to do with me, so, you guys bash on.

clerriehibs
08-10-2013, 07:34 PM

As folks say - name and shame. In future, folks'll know it's less embarrassing to make the short notice call off than to be shown up on .net

hibs4thecup1988
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm just home from work, and have received a pm from you indicating that you think you offered me seats on your bus.

Firstly I do not have your telephone number and so all correspondence was done through the pm on here.

Here is a list of our conversations.

Ronaldo7
Hi mate, Does the bus go back to the ship after the match? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.10pm

Monktonharp
yep. are you on it? or looking for seats? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.42

Ronaldo7
My daughter is disabled (ambulant), and has difficulty walking long distances, she can walk from Tamsons up to ER though:greengrin. I normally take the car to away games but can't be bothered with this one so was looking for a bus close to home. Posted on 6/10/13 at 07.26

Monktonharp
we have seats available, just let me know the numbers.leaving ship at 5, heading through edin. returns to ship eventually. £10 adult 16 and under £7 Posted 6/10/13 at 11.05am

Ronaldo7
Cheers mate. I will be speaking to Nicola at the ticket office in the morning so should give you a definite answer late morning/early afternoon. Posted 6/10/13 at 8.12pm

Monktonharp
ok, thats fine. we are running a bus, don't care what the Hibernian office says, we' ll be there. let me know if you are going and if you want to travel with us. ggtth

DAY OF THE MATCH
Ronaldo7
2 seats from the ship please. Posted 45 Minutes before the bus leaves the Ship. 16.15

I then went onto the travel thread to see that you had posted the bus was full at 16.23, so I posted on that thread to ask if I had seats on the bus as you had not responded to me. NO REPLY

I then got in this evening to find a pm in my inbox.
Monktonharp
we held the bus, until 5:10pm, but you never showed. I had refused others, who wanted seats. you, along with 5 others failed to turn up which meant we had 23 people on a thirty seat bus. the branch thereby incurred a loss. thank you.

My response
I sent you a pm at 16.15 asking for two seats on the bus with no reply from you only to find you had posted on the travel thread that the bus was full. I then posted on the travel thread if the two seats were for me as you had previous conversations with others wanting seats. We sat in our house waiting for a response from you as to whether these seats were available. As I don't have a telephone number for you, how was I supposed to contact you??

Raging doesn't come close. Reputations are hard earned and easily tarnished. If I say I will do something then I will do it.

If any of the admins want to verify the times/dates quoted please feel free.

Personally I have ran buses at a loss. It is very frustrating. HOWEVER if the above is indeed the case then this customer is one that should not be attacked as is the case here. It is clearly a case of not getting confirmation to the customer. If the PM had been replied to at 4.15 then it wouldn't have come to this. The other 5 people however, I would hazard a guess are not the same situation.

I would suggest this thread now be closed and taken from the main board before it gets out of hand as the bus convenor is obviously angered, but then of course the customer is angered now as they are being ripped apart in public.

monktonharp
08-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Personally I have ran buses at a loss. It is very frustrating. HOWEVER if the above is indeed the case then this customer is one that should not be attacked as is the case here. It is clearly a case of not getting confirmation to the customer. If the PM had been replied to at 4.15 then it wouldn't have come to this. The other 5 people however, I would hazard a guess are not the same situation.

I would suggest this thread now be closed and taken from the main board before it gets out of hand as the bus convenor is obviously angered, but then of course the customer is angered now as they are being ripped apart in public.the CUSTOMER was not ripped apart in public. for me, a PM is a PM. HEshould know that. he's had several ,and tonight. I will not be discussing it in public, other than as originally posted. I was in a way, goaded into naming/shaming although the person that suggested that probably did not feel he was goading me. my response to him was in anger.

ronaldo7
09-10-2013, 07:17 PM
the CUSTOMER was not ripped apart in public. for me, a PM is a PM. HEshould know that. he's had several ,and tonight. I will not be discussing it in public, other than as originally posted. I was in a way, goaded into naming/shaming although the person that suggested that probably did not feel he was goading me. my response to him was in anger.

PM Sent

We're not going to see eye to eye on how this has been handled (from both sides)

Best to move on and hope your buses are full for the rest of the season.

macca70
09-10-2013, 08:30 PM
the CUSTOMER was not ripped apart in public. for me, a PM is a PM. HEshould know that. he's had several ,and tonight. I will not be discussing it in public, other than as originally posted. I was in a way, goaded into naming/shaming although the person that suggested that probably did not feel he was goading me. my response to him was in anger.

Your a hypocrite stating a PM is a PM when you clearly state that you were PM'd stating that 1 of the passengers was disabled. (that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway)

I don't envy any bus Conveners job, doesn't seem a fun job at all.

But clearly there was a lot more to this than someone sticking there name up for a bus then just not turning up cause they couldn't be ersed which is what the original post implied.

BroxburnHibee
09-10-2013, 08:48 PM
No need for any further discussion on this.