PDA

View Full Version : Thistle penalty claims

dangermouse
08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
At the time I thought their first claim for a penalty was a big let off for us. I was at the North end of the West stand so didn't get a clear view but thought the ref got it wrong (thankfully). Having now seen it on TV I'm convinced we got away with it. The second claim was a bit softer but I've seen them given. Wonder if the ref had an away win on his coupon?

PeterboroHibee
08-10-2013, 09:39 AM
The first one was when Taiwo (I think) barged the player over? I didnt think it was on first viewing but Id be looking for a penalty if it was us!

What was the second penalty shout?

brog
08-10-2013, 10:12 AM
At the time I thought their first claim for a penalty was a big let off for us. I was at the North end of the West stand so didn't get a clear view but thought the ref got it wrong (thankfully). Having now seen it on TV I'm convinced we got away with it. The second claim was a bit softer but I've seen them given. Wonder if the ref had an away win on his coupon?

Are you serious? Even the Partick players only appealed half heartedly. I don't think I've ever seen us get a pen for an incident of that nature.

SMAXXA
08-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Never any penalties in the match, soft to say the least and no real serious claims which says it all

dangermouse
08-10-2013, 10:49 AM
The first one was when Taiwo (I think) barged the player over? I didnt think it was on first viewing but Id be looking for a penalty if it was us!

What was the second penalty shout?

Looking at the video evidence of the first one, Tiawo definitely bundles the guy to the ground, had his arms round him so a penalty in my view. Glad the ref thought differently :greengrin

jonty
08-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Going on the BBC highlights the PT player was wrong side, and going over before being edged away. :greengrin

flash
08-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Never a penalty in a million years.

southsider
08-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Never a penalty in a million years.

Hertz would have got one fot that. Indeed is is a rare week in which they don't get one.

Eyrie
08-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought the Taiwo incident was a penalty, and was very relieved when the referee ignored it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Judging by the way that the Thistle forwards played, even if the penalties were awarded, they would have skied them or put them by the post.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I did not think they were penalties.

Jack
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I read the Daily Record match report in a cafe. Even they said it, only one claim, wasn't a penalty!!!

We won, get over it.

Watched it on the telly last night, didn't think it was a penalty.

Tynie01011973
08-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure both Jackie McNamara and Stuart McCall were definite that the Taiwo/Welsh appeal was not a penalty.

Both said they would be very dissapointed if had been given against them.

Good enough for me

:greengrin