PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson - "as strong a squad as I've played in"

Chump
07-10-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24428604

Lewis Stevenson thinks this squad is as strong as any squad he's been with since 2002....lets hope he doesn't become a scout at ER!!

Vine v Fletcher??
Collins v Riordan??
Taiwo v Boozy??
Nelson v Jones??
McGivern v Murphy??
Maybury v Whittaker??
Robertson v Brown??
Cairney v Zemmama??
Heff v GOC??

Does any of our squad win?

Part/Time Supporter
07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Those players weren't all at Hibs at the same time.

Pete
07-10-2013, 10:38 PM

Lewis Stevenson thinks this squad is as strong as any squad he's been with since 2002....lets hope he doesn't become a scout at ER!!

Vine v Fletcher??
Collins v Riordan??
Taiwo v Boozy??
Nelson v Jones??
McGivern v Murphy??
Maybury v Whittaker??
Robertson v Brown??
Cairney v Zemmama??
Heff v GOC??

Does any of our squad win?

He actually says the best squad he's played with is the one when he first started.

Very misleading.

SaulGoodman
07-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Living up to your username as usual.

Chump
07-10-2013, 10:44 PM

U gonna join the scouting staff with stevenson?

SaulGoodman
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
U gonna join the scouting staff with stevenson?

I think the scouting staff are doing fine thanks. But I'm glad you think I have the credentials.

Fergus52
07-10-2013, 10:47 PM

:tee hee:

Chump
07-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I think the scouting staff are doing fine thanks. But I'm glad you think I have the credentials.

keep taking these happy pills:aok:

SaulGoodman
07-10-2013, 10:50 PM
keep taking these happy pills:aok:

Will do. They keep me going strong in these tough, tough times.

The laxitive side effect is a bit of a bummer though.

Stantons Angel
07-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Vine v Fletcher??
Collins v Riordan??
Taiwo v Boozy??
Nelson v Jones??
McGivern v Murphy??
Maybury v Whittaker??
Robertson v Brown??
Cairney v Zemmama??
Heff v GOC??

For gawds sake you are now putting words into his mouth! Read the thing and take in what it says before coming on here and making a

"Chump" of yourself. The piece actually says -

"Lewis Stevenson believes the current Hibernian squad is as strong as any he has played in during his long career with the Edinburgh club."

Why is it that so many of you jump on his back at the least wee thing you think will give you a huge following on here?

Give the laddie a break for goodness sake!

God Petrie
07-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Imagine talking up the current squad! Sounds like the behaviour of the longest serving member of our squad and a great servant to Hibernian!! What a clown!!

Sir David Gray
07-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Those players weren't all at Hibs at the same time.

Correct but in 05/06, the only players who weren't playing for us that season, out of the players mentioned, were Jones and Zemmama. So for Nelson v Jones, you could have Nelson v Hogg/Caldwell instead and for Cairney v Zemmama, you could have Cairney v Shiels.

Also in 06/07, the only players who weren't playing for us that season, out of the players mentioned, were Riordan and O'Connor. So for Collins v Riordan, you could have Collins v Killen instead and for Heffernan v O'Connor, you could have Heffernan v Benjelloun.

I think our squad at that time was the strongest squad we've had in the past decade by quite some distance.

I do think we've assembled a very strong squad this season though and it's probably the strongest squad in the country, with the exception of Celtic.

Chump
07-10-2013, 11:20 PM
For gawds sake you are now putting words into his mouth! Read the thing and take in what it says before coming on here and making a

"Lewis Stevenson believes the current Hibernian squad is as strong as any he has played in during his long career with the Edinburgh club."

Why is it that so many of you jump on his back at the least wee thing you think will give you a huge following on here?

Opening statement....brilliant joke - can't believe you're the first to come up with that :top marks

I have read his opening statement and I know what it says......which is why I'm laughing at it - it is not as strong as squads that he has been in before hence my tongue and cheek comment.

as for gaining followers....don't make me laugh. I'd make 'sitting on the fence comments' for that kind of accolade

hibee_nation
08-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Opening statement....brilliant joke - can't believe you're the first to come up with that :top marks

I have read his opening statement and I know what it says......which is why I'm laughing at it - it is not as strong as squads that he has been in before hence my tongue and cheek comment.

as for gaining followers....don't make me laugh. I'd make 'sitting on the fence comments' for that kind of accolade

You and michael stewart both don't sit on the fence according to you, have you been seen in the same room together. :hmmm::monkey1:

pontius pilate
08-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Maybe I'm being dumb but if Lewis is talking about the squad surely that would mean Harris cairn eye mcpake et all and not just the starting 11. Maybe with injuries at the moment it may not be the strongest starting 11 but it is one of the strongest squads I can remember for a long time. When the injury list lessens we will have a better strength in depth

Saorsa
08-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Other than the squad he started playing in I would say this is the best squad he has played in. The problem we have now disnae lie with the quality of player we have.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Canīt see anything wrong in what he is saying to be honest, we do have a strong squad, hopefully when the other teams start having their injuries around xmas we will come to the fore.Anything positive to come out of Er is a good thing for the club and fans, more of the same please.

jdships
08-10-2013, 10:21 AM

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!
It gets boring

Jonnyboy
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Canīt see anything wrong in what he is saying to be honest, we do have a strong squad, hopefully when the other teams start having their injuries around xmas we will come to the fore.Anything positive to come out of Er is a good thing for the club and fans, more of the same please.

Indeed. You'd be a chump if you could :wink:

heretoday
08-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Lewis has got to be joking. Even HE is not as strong as he was six years ago, let alone the squad!

They were dreadful last night and should have lost three or four nil.

Jones28
08-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Longest serving player in "lighter side story" shocker.

Come back with a real story please :bye:

And stop seizing the opportunity to ride our players at every given moment. :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I have to agree with wee Louie here.