PDA

View Full Version : Partick Thistle 'Ultras'

hail1875hail
07-10-2013, 09:56 PM
was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wondering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.

davhibby
07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wondering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.
It was them that had the drum? Hahahahahaha

hail1875hail
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
It was them that had the drum? Hahahahahaha

aye im pretty sure there was a boy with a drum up the back and another couple had flags ahaha

Chuck Rhoades
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Hibs fans put them to shame. Terrific support!

Nakedmanoncrack
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Was considerably more entertaining than what was happening on the park most of the night.

hail1875hail
07-10-2013, 10:05 PM
in fairness the partick fans behind the goals were pretty noisy until we scored

SaulGoodman
07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
That not what's wrong with football now? Bunch of young laddies trying to enjoy themselves only to be penned back and chased by the police?

Not causing trouble to anyone I'd imagine?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-10-2013, 10:12 PM
That not what's wrong with football now? Bunch of young laddies trying to enjoy themselves only to be penned back and chased by the police?

Not causing trouble to anyone I'd imagine?

That's the way it looked, with great swarm of stewards making prime ***** of themselves chasing them around.

kennyh
07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Can't see what harm they were doing, supporting their team and having a laugh, stewards looked stupid chasing them round.

hibeedonald
07-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Particks support sounded good and you could hear them singing on the tv loud and clear with 5 mins to go. Decent amount of people standing behind the goal aswell, more than you get at ER.

Chuck Rhoades
07-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Particks support sounded good and you could hear them singing on the tv loud and clear with 5 mins to go. Decent amount of people standing behind the goal aswell, more than you get at ER.

Sure that wasn't our supports new song? Not a peep from Thistle after our goal.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Defo the Malmo song with 5 mins left

Miguel
07-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Thistle have always had a good vocal, if small, support.

Heisenberg
07-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Hibs fans were definitely making the better noise in the second half, the malmo song was a particular favourite it seemed. Saw what I expect were these young ultras after the game, they were singing about hating the police and such like. Didnt look the most dangerous bunch tbh.

Fergus52
07-10-2013, 10:50 PM
saw some of the same laddies pushing trollies into the canal as I was walking to the game haha

lucky
07-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Delighted that none of these young lads are Rantic fans. So fair play to them, can't be easy being a kid in Glasgow that supports thistle.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 11:15 PM
I wandered through a few young boys with the Stone Island gear on on the way to Munns Vaults after the game. The main thing that struck me was that i was watching The Banana Splits and Battle of the Planets when I was their age!

Number69
07-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Delighted that none of these young lads are Rantic fans. So fair play to them, can't be easy being a kid in Glasgow that supports thistle.

It would be like a kid anywhere else in Scotland supporting Hibs.

clerriehibs
08-10-2013, 07:28 AM

That'll be because there's no standing behind the gOals allowed at ER.

hibeedonald
08-10-2013, 07:50 AM
That'll be because there's no standing behind the gOals allowed at ER.

I meant in the ground as a whole obviously. Use your head.

Bill Milne
08-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I thought their banner was about us occupying the Main stand but I gather it is because the Thistle board have allocated the end stand to the Tims when they play at Firhill. Something which is endemic to all teams in the league apart from us and Hertz, unfortunately, although I am sure the Tache would like to give big away supports more room in the East and West stands.

Leishy1995
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
The carnival de Paris is a brilliant chant. The two drums then clapping before going absolutely mental!

Teo10
08-10-2013, 01:19 PM
The carnival de Paris is a brilliant chant. The two drums then clapping before going absolutely mental!

Highlight of the game for me:agree: (apart from the goal obviously)

SmallvilleHibee
08-10-2013, 03:29 PM
was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wandering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.

Were these the same boys running around the turnstiles after the game singing sectarian songs?

hail1875hail
08-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Were these the same boys running around the turnstiles after the game singing sectarian songs?

not sure about that mate but if true it does clear things up a bit i suppose

Jack
08-10-2013, 09:24 PM
I thought their banner was about us occupying the Main stand but I gather it is because the Thistle board have allocated the end stand to the Tims when they play at Firhill. Something which is endemic to all teams in the league apart from us and Hertz, unfortunately, although I am sure the Tache would like to give big away supports more room in the East and West stands.

No, the Tashe wants to fill them with Hibbies.

Keith_M
09-10-2013, 10:08 AM

Right there is the drawback of letting U16s in free, especially in Glasgow.

You run the risk of a lot of mini-Huns/Tics turning up for a bit of mischief.

LancashireHibby
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Right there is the drawback of letting U16s in free, especially in Glasgow.

You run the risk of a lot of mini-Huns/Tics turning up for a bit of mischief.
Persist and educate.

Keith_M
09-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Persist and educate.

Sounds like a nice idea but you're fighting against a culture supported by both family and peers.

monktonharp
09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I thought their banner was about us occupying the Main stand but I gather it is because the Thistle board have allocated the end stand to the Tims when they play at Firhill. Something which is endemic to all teams in the league apart from us and Hertz, unfortunately, although I am sure the Tache would like to give big away supports more room in the East and West stands.I think the Tache went on record saying that would never happen

monktonharp
09-10-2013, 11:28 AM
a slight aside, but our bus was hit by a "stane" rather than a brick as we set off along Panmure St. seemed to come from a banking above the road. some wee bugger hiding in the trees. did seem to hit the window but I've not heard from the bus company if it was marked

Leishy1995
09-10-2013, 11:46 AM
They started singing as me and my mates left the stadium and were quickly silenced by the "if it wasn't for the bus fare..." And "we're from the capital" chants.

LancashireHibby
09-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a nice idea but you're fighting against a culture supported by both family and peers.
Quite probably, but even getting them to turn up to Partick (sorry, Thistle) games is half of the battle.

silverhibee
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM

The same ones, yeah, they walked down past the main stand singing there pish, the oldest must have been about 14 and youngest about 8, only in Glesgae eh.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
The same ones, yeah, they walked down past the main stand singing there pish, the oldest must have been about 14 and youngest about 8, only in Glesgae eh.

And Gorgie but then these laddies are in their first team :wink: